A New Workout Partner?

by Courtney on February 12, 2012

Hey guys and gals! How’s the weekend going so far?

Things are going pretty great around here- nothing crazy, but just some overall good stuff. Gotta love that, right?

Last night, Jay and I headed out to run a few errands, which also ended up including a quick dinner out. After searching around a bit in my purse, I came across a leftover gift card to Moe’s, so you know what that meant…

Welcome to Moe’s!!

I ordered a Homewrecker with chicken, black beans, and loads of veggies “streaker” style, only because I wanted the guac. Winking smile It was fantastic.

And because we hit up the Moe’s location with our favorite soda machine, we most definitely had to partake. Last night’s combo of choice? Sprite Zero Vanilla + Orange.

Orange creamsicle, baby!

Dinner was actually chowed down after we did a little shopping at the mall. You know, it’s been a LONG time since Jay and I strolled the mall on a weekend evening and honestly? We don’t miss it one bit. Holy crap, did we feel OLD.

But there was some good news in our little shopping excursion…I found not one, but TWO new bathing suits at Victoria’s Secret for our upcoming trip to Mexico (even if they are the same suit, just in different colors).

I bought the suit shown in above in neon coral (on the right) and black and white stripe (not shown).

I absolutely fell in love with this suit because it actually fit perfectly (rare) AND didn’t make me feel like my a$$ was hanging out all over the place (I’m really not an itty bitty string bikini bottom type of gal). Mexico, here I come! Hot smile

*****

This morning, Jay and I woke up without an alarm, which was amazing, and made ourselves a nice, lazy breakfast.

An omelet with sautéed broccoli, scallions, tomatoes, and ketchup for me.

On the side, I had another cara cara orange. I.am.in.love.with.these.things.

Once our breakfast settled, we both headed down to the basement for a workout.

Workout

Because I’m trying to stay away from upper body work, I stuck with some cardio + lower body for today:

Today was actually a little different than normal because Jay and I actually worked out together. Believe it or not, this never happens. For some reason, we both tend to do our workouts one after the other, but I must say that it was really nice having him down there with me today. It’s not that we even talked all that much, but I just really enjoyed having a workout partner for once. I think we may have to do this more often!

How do you feel about working out partners? Do you like them, or do you prefer working out alone?

Time to go do a little grocery shopping, followed by a trip to visit my in-laws. Have a great Sunday! Smile

1 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health February 12, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Aw, that’s fun! I generally prefer working out on my own, but it’s nice when Chris and I can workout together- even if we aren’t doing the same thing. I feel like it pushes me more because I want to look like I’m working my butt off ;)
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Sunday Funday

2 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 12, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I prefer to work out on my own. Mainly because the other person always tends to work out longer than me. I used to go with a friend and there would always be that awkward 10-15 minutes where I would be like, “Uhh…what do I do now?” lol
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Let Them Eat Cake

3 Michelle@Peachy Palate February 12, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I definitely prefer to run alone, but having a gym buddy is good (bit of extra encouragement!)…when you have a plan and time limit though it can be better to be on your own. Weekend gym buddies are the way to go!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..A new pancake mix

4 Khushboo February 12, 2012 at 2:32 pm

When I’m doing cardio I prefer to workout solo buy with weights, I love having a workout partner! I find the other person really pushes me with the last few reps and it’s always fun to try out some of their fave exercises!
Khushboo recently posted..Not your typical Egg McMuffins

5 Lindsey February 12, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I like working out alone, my husband and I go to the gym together but part ways at the door. Every once in while we will call on the other person to help with a move or something though. Where I do like a buddy is for long runs, anything over 10km requires me to have a buddy!
Lindsey recently posted..Too Much Wine = Rough Day

6 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 12, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Generally, I prefer to workout alone unless I’m going to BodyPump/spin (I usually go with a friend to those classes). My husband & I did work out together once though & it was fun!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Book Review: Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

7 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 12, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I kind of prefer to work out alone, but I don’t turn away a partner!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..weekend update

8 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 12, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I prefer to work out alone since I feel like I get more accomplished in a quicker amount of time, also if I am running I can’t do that and talk at the same time. I wish I could though! I am always jealous of those girls who can catch up and talk about everything while running miles and miles. I am lucky to just be breathing lol! However, I love when my husband goes with me to the gym. Even though we exercise separately, just knowing that he’s there too makes me happy :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Salty-Sweet Treat

9 Tina @ Best Body Fitness February 12, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I have a pair of the ruched bottoms from VS and LOVE them!
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Staying Fit: A New PDR!

10 Emilie @ Hungry Delights February 12, 2012 at 3:57 pm

I went running with my boy for the first time the other day and it was so fun. Just having him there was motivating to push harder and further.
Emilie @ Hungry Delights recently posted..February Photo-A-Day – Day 12 – Inside Your Closet

11 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it February 12, 2012 at 4:03 pm

my (now ex) boyfriend would never let me go to the gym with him because he said i would always look at him across the gym from my treadmill and make him laugh- that he wouldnt be able to get his workout in. i guess i am just too distracting? lol my new plan is to find someone who RUNS and wants to RUN WITH ME!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..The Ultimate Hallmark Holiday

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 12, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Cute swimsuits!! Swim wear is the hardest thing in the world to buy. If you find one that fits properly, buy one in every color available! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..My circuit workout … followed by a hamburger.

13 Lena @Fit on the Rocks February 12, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Have a fabulous time in Mexico! A bunch of my coworkers just came back from there, and they said the weather was fantastic.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Surf City Recap

14 Katie | wholelivingimprint.tumblr.com February 12, 2012 at 7:45 pm

After yesterday’s workout I have decided it is really nice having who your dating with you at the gy, adds some extra pressure to push yourself harder and makes it fun!
Katie | wholelivingimprint.tumblr.com recently posted..Whipping up a treat for the bake-off :) (Taken with instagram)

15 Katie | wholelivingimprint.tumblr.com February 12, 2012 at 7:46 pm

After yesterday’s workout I have decided it is really nice having who your dating with you at the gym, adds some extra pressure to push yourself harder and makes it fun!

16 Carolyn February 12, 2012 at 7:50 pm

I love workout partners but mostly workout alone. My husband and I tried some yoga together yesterday … we definitely both need practice!
Carolyn recently posted..The Week Ahead

17 Lyric Andersen February 12, 2012 at 8:02 pm

hi courtney:)
Thank you for those mangoe recipes (That smoothie rocked my world as a total kickstart to my day ;) ) I was just wondering if you had some ideas for packed lunches? Im in grade 9 and i find it impossible to make my lunch i the morning i have no clue what to pack! i ususally end up with a yogurt, salad and some fruit but sometimes i wanna get creative, anyways shoot me some ideas if any come to mind:)

18 Corinne February 12, 2012 at 8:10 pm

All I have to say is i am so jealous you’re going to mexico soon! When are you going??
Corinne recently posted..‘Shroom Sauce

19 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter February 12, 2012 at 8:18 pm

I actually love having a workout partner…my best friend and I have similar workout ethics and it’s always fun to push each other. Sometimes when I workout alone I don’t push myself past my comfort zone.
I picked up some Cara Cara oranges this morning!! Going to have one shortly…:)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Just Relax :)

20 Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt February 12, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Super cute swim suits Courtney! I was at Macy’s last week and they didn’t have their swimsuits out yet:-(, but I am gonna try again next week, I need a new suit for a trip coming up in March! Your going to have a great trip to Mexico
Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt recently posted..Chicken Chili on Sunday

21 Claire February 12, 2012 at 9:40 pm

I love working out with my boyfriend! We do hot yoga together, regular yoga, runs and weights. It’s really nice to be able to do the same things in the gym and I love to spend the quality time together! We both have adapted our workouts so we can do them together :-)
Claire recently posted..Less Than Sunny

22 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family February 12, 2012 at 10:21 pm

I don’t like to have a workout partner or workout alone actually. I love the gym setting where there are other people around, i think its motivating (the competetive side of me). If I have a workout partner, I end up talking too much and not working out too hard.
I need to get some new biknis for the summer, I love VS bathing suits!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..6 Months Ago: A Birth Story

23 Molly February 12, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I like working out with others but I have yet to meet someone that likes to do the exercises that my body needs! Maybe one day!
Molly recently posted..terrible night

24 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] February 12, 2012 at 11:18 pm

those bottoms are SO comfy! i may have to get another pair this season.
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..HIIT it + quit it!

25 Ainna February 13, 2012 at 2:01 am

Eating healthy is perfect!Thanks for the ideas here…
Ainna recently posted..Waterfront Gold

26 Michelle (Better with Berries) February 13, 2012 at 7:10 am

I have the same swimsuit bottom style from VS and LOVE it – for one of the same reasons you do – I don’t feel like I’m hanging out of it. I definitely don’t feel comfortable in their itty-bitty-bottoms!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Mushroom, Spinach, and Roasted Red Pepper Crepes

27 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 13, 2012 at 7:59 am

I love the bathing suit! I definitely need to go bathing suit shopping for my honeymoon. I haven’t bought new ones in years! I’ll check VS! Thanks! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Unplugged For The Weekend…

28 Kristin @ FoodFash February 13, 2012 at 8:56 am

I love VS bathing suits! They pretty consistently fit me perfectly, which is also rare for me too. As far as workout partners, I like a combo of both partnered and solo workouts. Sometimes I need the extra motivation, sometimes I need the time alone to clear my head, it just depends.
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Cure For The Common Monday

29 Jess February 13, 2012 at 11:11 am

I also love VS bathing suits; I’m heavier on top so having their biking tops fit like bras is amazing! I love the ones you picked out.

As for workout partners, I generally work out alone unless my boyfriend and I go running together. This weekend we squeezed a little over a 5K in before a wedding, though it sure was painful. I’m not used to the hills in North Carolina, so I will reluctantly say it’s nice to be back in Ohio. :)

Happy Monday!
Jess recently posted..On the Hunt for a Ceramic Elephant

30 Debbie (Accidently Delish) February 13, 2012 at 11:17 am

i actually bought a bag of cara cara oranges because i read how much you love them! i was wanting to get oranges anyways, but decided to give these a shot.

so they better be good ;)
just kidding. how can oranges be bad??

31 Carrie Purchase February 13, 2012 at 1:19 pm

I think workout partners are a must! You are able to lift heavier weights since you have someone there to spot you. Not only are they there to help, but also keep you motivated and commited :)

32 Janna February 15, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Looks delicious and very healthy!!
Janna recently posted..Article Writing Tools Review