A New Workout Partner?

Hey guys and gals! How’s the weekend going so far?

Things are going pretty great around here- nothing crazy, but just some overall good stuff. Gotta love that, right?

Last night, Jay and I headed out to run a few errands, which also ended up including a quick dinner out. After searching around a bit in my purse, I came across a leftover gift card to Moe’s, so you know what that meant…

Welcome to Moe’s!!

I ordered a Homewrecker with chicken, black beans, and loads of veggies “streaker” style, only because I wanted the guac. Winking smile It was fantastic.

And because we hit up the Moe’s location with our favorite soda machine, we most definitely had to partake. Last night’s combo of choice? Sprite Zero Vanilla + Orange.

Orange creamsicle, baby!

Dinner was actually chowed down after we did a little shopping at the mall. You know, it’s been a LONG time since Jay and I strolled the mall on a weekend evening and honestly? We don’t miss it one bit. Holy crap, did we feel OLD.

But there was some good news in our little shopping excursion…I found not one, but TWO new bathing suits at Victoria’s Secret for our upcoming trip to Mexico (even if they are the same suit, just in different colors).

I bought the suit shown in above in neon coral (on the right) and black and white stripe (not shown).

I absolutely fell in love with this suit because it actually fit perfectly (rare) AND didn’t make me feel like my a$$ was hanging out all over the place (I’m really not an itty bitty string bikini bottom type of gal). Mexico, here I come! Hot smile

*****

This morning, Jay and I woke up without an alarm, which was amazing, and made ourselves a nice, lazy breakfast.

An omelet with sautéed broccoli, scallions, tomatoes, and ketchup for me.

On the side, I had another cara cara orange. I.am.in.love.with.these.things.

Once our breakfast settled, we both headed down to the basement for a workout.

Workout

Because I’m trying to stay away from upper body work, I stuck with some cardio + lower body for today:

Today was actually a little different than normal because Jay and I actually worked out together. Believe it or not, this never happens. For some reason, we both tend to do our workouts one after the other, but I must say that it was really nice having him down there with me today. It’s not that we even talked all that much, but I just really enjoyed having a workout partner for once. I think we may have to do this more often!

How do you feel about working out partners? Do you like them, or do you prefer working out alone?

Time to go do a little grocery shopping, followed by a trip to visit my in-laws. Have a great Sunday! Smile

Comments

I prefer to work out on my own. Mainly because the other person always tends to work out longer than me. I used to go with a friend and there would always be that awkward 10-15 minutes where I would be like, “Uhh…what do I do now?” lol
    Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Let Them Eat Cake

I like working out alone, my husband and I go to the gym together but part ways at the door. Every once in while we will call on the other person to help with a move or something though. Where I do like a buddy is for long runs, anything over 10km requires me to have a buddy!
    Lindsey recently posted..Too Much Wine = Rough Day

I prefer to work out alone since I feel like I get more accomplished in a quicker amount of time, also if I am running I can’t do that and talk at the same time. I wish I could though! I am always jealous of those girls who can catch up and talk about everything while running miles and miles. I am lucky to just be breathing lol! However, I love when my husband goes with me to the gym. Even though we exercise separately, just knowing that he’s there too makes me happy :-)
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Salty-Sweet Treat

4. Lyric Andersen says

hi courtney:)
    Thank you for those mangoe recipes (That smoothie rocked my world as a total kickstart to my day ;) ) I was just wondering if you had some ideas for packed lunches? Im in grade 9 and i find it impossible to make my lunch i the morning i have no clue what to pack! i ususally end up with a yogurt, salad and some fruit but sometimes i wanna get creative, anyways shoot me some ideas if any come to mind:)

I actually love having a workout partner…my best friend and I have similar workout ethics and it’s always fun to push each other. Sometimes when I workout alone I don’t push myself past my comfort zone.
    I picked up some Cara Cara oranges this morning!! Going to have one shortly…:)
    Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Just Relax :)

I love working out with my boyfriend! We do hot yoga together, regular yoga, runs and weights. It’s really nice to be able to do the same things in the gym and I love to spend the quality time together! We both have adapted our workouts so we can do them together :-)
    Claire recently posted..Less Than Sunny

I don’t like to have a workout partner or workout alone actually. I love the gym setting where there are other people around, i think its motivating (the competetive side of me). If I have a workout partner, I end up talking too much and not working out too hard.
    I need to get some new biknis for the summer, I love VS bathing suits!
    Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..6 Months Ago: A Birth Story

I love VS bathing suits! They pretty consistently fit me perfectly, which is also rare for me too. As far as workout partners, I like a combo of both partnered and solo workouts. Sometimes I need the extra motivation, sometimes I need the time alone to clear my head, it just depends.
    Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Cure For The Common Monday

I also love VS bathing suits; I’m heavier on top so having their biking tops fit like bras is amazing! I love the ones you picked out.

As for workout partners, I generally work out alone unless my boyfriend and I go running together. This weekend we squeezed a little over a 5K in before a wedding, though it sure was painful. I’m not used to the hills in North Carolina, so I will reluctantly say it’s nice to be back in Ohio. :)

Happy Monday!
    Jess recently posted..On the Hunt for a Ceramic Elephant

I think workout partners are a must! You are able to lift heavier weights since you have someone there to spot you. Not only are they there to help, but also keep you motivated and commited :)

Trackbacks