Running On Super Speed

by Courtney on February 15, 2012

Heyyyy guys and dolls! Everyone having a wonderful Wednesday?

Mine has been busy, busy, BUSY; I’ve been running on super speed all morning in preparations for our vacation, and actually have to head back out to work in about a half hour for a client, so forgive me if I’m sounding sort of spazzy.

(Then again, would that be much different than normal? Probably not…haha.)

Breakfast

IMG_1920

As soon as I got home from my shift at work this morning, I threw together my usual amount of oats, water, and chia seeds in a saucepot to soak while I showered. By the time I was done showering, I came back out and prepped a delicious batch of Peanut Butter & Banana French Toast Oatmeal.

IMG_1927

Today’s batch was even better than the last one though, thanks to my leaving the chia seeds to soak. Lots more volume…love it!

IMG_1925

Mid-Morning Snack

This is totally a recycled photo just because I was too busy to grab the camera, but the snack was still the same: a cara cara orange + a serving of roasted almonds.

The majority of my morning and afternoon have been spent here, at the computer, getting some kick-a$$ posts ready for while I’m away next week.

IMG_1943

I haven’t decided yet on whether or not I’m going to post while I’m away next week, so just in case, I’ve been putting together some really awesome stuff to keep you all intrigued while I’m away. You’re definitely going to want to check out some of what’s to come!

Around 1:00pm, my tummy started to grumble, so I put together a quick yogurt bowl made with plain Greek yogurt, cinnamon, strawberries and blueberries. I also ended up adding some Kashi Go Lean on top after photographing. Gotta have that extra ‘crunch’ in my yogurt messes.

IMG_1945

I also had a couple pumpkin protein bars with peanut butter too (no photo – camera wasn’t next to me), but I feel like I don’t even know how it all tasted because I was doing about fifty other things while trying to eat. Boo.

Typically, I like to be able to sit down and thoroughly enjoy every last bite that goes into my belly…it’s just so much more satisfying that way, isn’t it? Unfortunately, I’ve just been rushing around like crazy because I have horrible time management skills I have so much to get done.

Oh yeah…did I mention that I also did some baking, too?

IMG_1935

All I can say is…be ready for this recipe next week. Holy.freakin.moly. Smile

1 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 15, 2012 at 1:38 pm

You are so lucky that you are going on vacation! I’m jealous! ;) Take the time to relax and enjoy yourself. We will be here when you get back. Can’t wait to see the recipe for the cookies! They look yummy :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Badgley Mischka!…

2 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it February 15, 2012 at 1:40 pm

is it sad im living vicariously through you and excited for your trip? my coworkers and i got a random fax this morning about some cheap cruise to the bahamas…we took it as a sign we all need a vacay! LOL!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..The Ultimate Hallmark Holiday

3 chelcie @ chelcie's food files February 15, 2012 at 1:44 pm

gahh i can’t wait for that cookie recipe!!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-Crack Brownies

4 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 15, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Why would you tease us with a photo like that at the end?! Looks amazing!!!

5 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries February 15, 2012 at 1:50 pm

i was totally running on super speed a yesterday too… i felt like i was on an adrenaline rush til about 3 PM! talk about getting lots done! i love when that happens. i’m learning sometimes pressure is a good thing for my productivity!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} #21: Valentine’s Day Dinner

6 Brigitte February 15, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I’ve been reading about these Cara Cara oranges on your site for a while now and noticed them in my local market the other day, so I bought a few! I have to say, they really are as delicious as you say they are!

7 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat February 15, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Those look like delightfully soft cookies…mmm :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..V-Day Eats

8 Mindy February 15, 2012 at 1:57 pm

A trip is just what I need these days :) I can’t wait for the cookie recipe!!
Mindy recently posted..To: S.O.S.

9 Carolyn February 15, 2012 at 2:08 pm

You are too funny. I think you did more in half a day than I’ve done this whole week combined!

Oh and I am very jealous of your vacation…
Carolyn recently posted..Salmon Burgers, a Sore Throat, and a Workout

10 Jane {In the Pink and Green} February 15, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I love putting Kashi Go-Lean Crunch in my greek yogurt w/ berries! I love how it adds a great crunch and give the greek yogurt even MORE protein…win win! I totally know you feel btw, my hubby and I are leaving Friday to go to Oregon for a long weekend and it’s always hectic getting things wrapped up! xoxo

11 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine February 15, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Mmm cookies. I cannot wait!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Exercising When Sick?

12 michelle kim February 15, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I know the feeling of being on-the-go and not really being able to enjoy the snacks/meals. It usually happens on the days when I have school and work all day. And wow! You got to do some baking the in the midst of all of that!
michelle kim recently posted..I Underestimated My Abilities

13 Nicole February 15, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Those cookies look fantastic! Have a great vacation!

14 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family February 15, 2012 at 3:54 pm

So jealous you are going on a nice exotic vacation, sounds amazing! Almost as amazing as those cookies looK!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..WIAW and a Valentine Surprise

15 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction February 15, 2012 at 4:08 pm

So jealous that you are going on vacation!!!! Your yogurt bowl looks so neat and proper. Mine never seems to look that pretty! Probably because I am so ravenous by the time I make it, that the only think I am concerned about is getting it in my belly!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Chobani Giveaway

16 Alexa @ Simple Eats February 15, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Your yogurt bowl looks delish! I’m pumped for that cookie recipe…looks like butterscotch chips in there?!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..Spread The Love

17 Emilie February 15, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I really need to try that oatmeal, it looks so good!
Emilie recently posted..Birthday Family Weekend

18 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 15, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Uh oh, those cookies look dangerous! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..My love-affair with cilantro.

19 Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope February 15, 2012 at 6:33 pm

That oatmeal sounds amazing! And cookie recipes are always something to look forward to! :)
Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope recently posted..Elliptical-ing

20 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 15, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I’m always game for a new cookie recipe! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..At-Home Workouts

21 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 15, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I don’t think I can wait for that recipe. Those cookies look DELICIOUS!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..The Trigger

22 Khushboo February 15, 2012 at 11:39 pm

I spy macadamia nuts or hazelnuts :)…and now my mouth is watering!
Khushboo recently posted..Not so majestic after all

23 Kristin @ FoodFash February 16, 2012 at 9:11 am

Those cookies look pretty delicious. Looking forward to the recipe post!
Kristin @ FoodFash recently posted..Black Swan, In Pictures

24 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 16, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Are those butterscotch chips in those cookies? If so, I’m intrigued!

I love feeling like I’m ahead of the game before I go on vacation! Aaaand I’m super jealous that you get to go somewhere warm next week!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..socca mexican pizza