Things I’m Currently Obsessed With: Mexico Edition

by Courtney on February 19, 2012

The Wildlife…there’s what our tour guide calls the “Mexican Lobsters” roaming around all over the place.

IMG_2034

Then there’s these little buggers, which Jay tells me are called coatis.

I had never heard of ‘em, but they are definitely interesting, aren’t they?

Our Room…I want to transport this bed back home with me.

IMG_2017

And this bathroom. Oh my god, don’t even get me started.

IMG_2022

Just check out that shower!

IMG_2023

Early Morning Workouts…two for two so far. A quick 20-30 minutes and I’m ready to go!

IMG_2039

The Lunchtime Dessert Spread…just amazing.

Fruity Frozen Drinks By The Pool…The “Roadrunner” and the “Chi Chi” are running at a close first and second. Better yet? Calories don’t aren’t counted when you’re on vacation.

Late Night Fire Shows…talk about fantastic entertainment.

And, of course…

Hanging Out With This Crew Smile

1 Elizabeth February 19, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Looks amazing. Am extremely jealous!

2 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes February 19, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Everything is so amazing. Those little animals are super adorable. I think it wants to use your shower :)
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..Sweet Potato Smoothie

3 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it February 19, 2012 at 7:22 pm

lunchtime dessert?! so jealous!!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..Four Random Things

4 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine February 19, 2012 at 7:26 pm

I’m SO jealous right now! That bathroom looks amazing!

5 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 19, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Looks amazing!! Are you guys at a Sandals?!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Life Moves Pretty Fast

6 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles February 19, 2012 at 7:56 pm

It looks like you are having the time of your life! ….I totally had to google ‘coatis’ because I was afraid he was pulling your leg- that is what Sheldon from The Big Bang theory calls, ummmmm, making love. He wasn’t pulling your leg, don’t worry :)
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Itty Bitty Blessings

7 Meghan February 19, 2012 at 7:59 pm

I live in Playa del Carmen, and life in Mexico is good. Enjoy your vacation!
Meghan recently posted..The ultimate pay-it-forward

8 Yellow Haired Girl February 19, 2012 at 8:03 pm

I. Want. That. Shower. Looks like you’re having a fantastic time … don’t let my jealousy spoil it now ;)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..The Goods

9 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 19, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Wow…I wish I was there right now. haha!

10 Ruthie Hart February 19, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I am so jealous! We just got back last night from a trip in San Francisco and we are pooped…I need a vacation (by the beach) from my vacation!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Black Bean Soup

11 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 19, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Your resort looks absolutely amazing! Glad to see you’re enjoying your vacation.
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Strawberry-Banana Baked Oatmeal

12 Caroline February 19, 2012 at 9:03 pm

What resort are y’all at? (or would you mind sharing after you get back?) It looks so nice!
Caroline recently posted..Nutella Granola – The Best Granola Ever

13 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill February 19, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I saw iguanas in Curacao a few months ago and they completely fascinated me! One day, while I was laying on the beach, an iguana ran out from the trees and did its business right in front of a crowd of people!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Avoid the Weight Gain

14 Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl February 19, 2012 at 10:18 pm

I am so jealous of your trip! The bathroom is gorgeous. Of course, you can’t & don’t count calories on vacation. haha. You’re busy working them off running around anyway.
Keep having an awesome time! *jealous*
Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl recently posted..I tried Crossfit… (and survived)

15 Jenn February 19, 2012 at 11:47 pm

looks like paradise! enjoy it, especially that shower jeeze!
Jenn recently posted..Personal Trainer

16 Miranda @ Biting Life February 20, 2012 at 12:03 am

HOLY CRAP that shower looks amazing. So jealous!!! :) Hope you’re having an amazing time – it looks really awesome.
Miranda @ Biting Life recently posted..Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats

17 Khushboo February 20, 2012 at 1:37 am

Sounds amazing…extremely jealous that you’ve already acquired some color!!
Khushboo recently posted..Eating healthy across borders

18 Emilie @ Hungry Delights February 20, 2012 at 1:48 am

Man I so need to go on holiday! That looks like so much fun :D
Emilie @ Hungry Delights recently posted..February 2012 Glossy Box Review – Valentines Edition

19 erica February 20, 2012 at 3:00 am

wow. gorgeous room and shower!

and that coatis? are they friendly? i’ve never seen anything like that before!
erica recently posted..surprise, surprise

20 Healthiful Balance February 20, 2012 at 3:10 am

I really want to go to Mexico now!
Healthiful Balance recently posted..Anorexic to Fit Series {Part 2}

21 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance February 20, 2012 at 6:28 am

Oh my goodness– that bedroom! Are you there there wasn’t any room to sneak me into your suitcase??
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..PB2 & Drinking More Water

22 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance February 20, 2012 at 6:29 am

are you sure*

Don’t judge me. It’s 6:30 AM on Monday and I’m not on a Mexico vacation :(
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..PB2 & Drinking More Water

23 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 20, 2012 at 6:57 am

I’m sooo jealous!! Except I don’t know how I’d feel about having that animal hanging out on my porch haha! He looks a little intimidating! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Saying Good-Bye.

24 Shari February 20, 2012 at 7:45 am

It looks like you’re having an amazing time!!
Shari recently posted..Some Kind of Wonderful.

25 Avery @ YoungAspirations February 20, 2012 at 8:59 am

Whoa, your room looks awesome! Super jealous.

Those animals are so funny looking! Like a racoon/cat.. haha. Have so much fun!

26 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter February 20, 2012 at 9:49 am

Everything looks so amazing! Looks like you guys are having a great time! :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Briefly Unplugged

27 alex February 20, 2012 at 10:01 am

how are you not terrified of that creature right outside your room!!! looks amazing otherwise!

28 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! February 20, 2012 at 10:52 am

so glad your having fun! that room looks amazing, and that craeture is sooo cute!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Movie Marathon, Snow, & Pork Chops

29 Holly February 21, 2012 at 12:43 pm

OH my goodness. Could you please bring one of those coatis home with you?! They are SO stinkin’ cute!! I want one for a pet.
I totally read at first that Jay said they were called ‘Colitis.’ I was like ‘ohhhhh well isn’t that a funny name for an animal?!’ But then I re-read it. Haha :)
Holly recently posted..Triple Berry Muffins

30 Valerie @ FreshMutz February 21, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I am viacariously vacationing right now! While the coatis is slight cute (just slightly) beware the chupacabra (the mexican version of big foot except four-foot tall and reptiled like).

Have a great time and a Roadrunner for me!
Valerie @ FreshMutz recently posted..Korma Chameleon

31 Katy @ HaveYouHurd February 21, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I’m loving that hat in the background of your fruity drink pic! is that yours?
Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..Healthy Asian Feast

32 Courtney February 21, 2012 at 4:53 pm

No, it’s not mine, but it is cute, isn’t it? :)