The 10-Minute “No Excuses” Workout

by Courtney on February 21, 2012

I know we all have those days.

The ones where the thought of exercise is incredibly daunting.

The ones where you feel like you’re running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Oh yes, we’ve all been there. But guess what…after today, we now have NO excuses!

Want to know why? Because we all have at least 10 minutes in our day to squeeze in a quick workout and get those feel-good endorphins pumpin’!

10 minute no excuses workout

Pin It

This is a very simple circuit workout that can be done right in the comfort of your own home, as long as you have a set of dumbbells and a stability ball. If you have extra time, feel free to go through the circuit 2 or 3 times. If not, try spacing it out throughout the day…10 minutes in the morning, 10 in the afternoon, and 10 in the evening. Before you know it, you’ve got yourself a 30 minute workout for the day.

Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about! Smile

1 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 21, 2012 at 1:05 pm

I love work puts like this, and especially like the idea of spreading it out throughout the day. I may try and complete one set in the morning and one in the evening. Thanks for the idea! :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Bringing Color to the Dinner Table

2 Karlee @ BringingBackBalance February 21, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Great idea! I might have to try this today.. I have been thinking about going for a run for a couple of hours lol.
Karlee @ BringingBackBalance recently posted..Wannabe Busy!

3 Jaclyn @ Just-Jac !! February 21, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I never thought of myself as an at-home workout – er, but recently, I’ve been doing more of them – i.e; workout dvds… and I’m actually starting to like it! I love this one, the idea of 10 min workouts… I think 60 min workouts are so overrated… this one can/would definitely work up a sweat and do a job!! Thanks for the workout ideas, I’m definitely going to give this one a try….maybe tonight!?!!! after all, only 10 min!! :D

PS – hope you’re still having fun in Mexico!!!!

4 Khushboo February 21, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Such a good idea to spread it out over the course of the day…plus any workout involving lunges is sure to kick (and tone) my butt ;)
Khushboo recently posted..Effectiveness of BFL workouts

5 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen February 21, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I love quick circuits like these. When I need a break from work and staring at the computer screen I do stuff like this (granted I work from home so I don’t get weird coworker stares ;))
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Strawberry basil milkshake

6 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries February 21, 2012 at 1:29 pm

love this workout! when you put it the way you did, fitting a workout into a busy day is not nearly as daunting!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Cardio Machine Mish Mash

7 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill February 21, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Doing something simple, like 10 push-ups before bed, really makes an impact. I used to do 10 push-ups in the morning and 10 push-ups at night–it equated to 140 push-ups each week! Not too bad for a quick exercise!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Starstruck by the Olsen Twins

8 michelle kim February 21, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Love it! Have you been watching Biggest Loser? The theme is also “No Excuses!”
michelle kim recently posted..Well-Rested and New Shoes!

9 Caroline February 21, 2012 at 2:08 pm

I love it – so quick and easy! Thanks for posting!
Caroline recently posted..Quiche Lorraine – Revamped and Healthier

10 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes February 21, 2012 at 2:08 pm

That’s a perfect little full body pump for a busy day!
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..What Is Happening To Public Libraries?

11 Carol @ Lucky Zucca February 21, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I just made a quickie workout today too! It must be in the air. FitFluential had a few listed on their site as well. Life gets busier in the spring so I know I have to squeeze in workouts whenever possible! I love that yours is a full body blast.
Carol @ Lucky Zucca recently posted..15 Minute Bum Buster

12 Tina @ Best Body Fitness February 21, 2012 at 2:26 pm

GREAT workout idea and post. I’m sure a lot of people can use that.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Social Media and Your Fitness and Health Goals

13 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection February 21, 2012 at 2:49 pm

This is a perfect circuit for those days where it feels like there really are only 10 spare minutes, or even for days where I can repeat it a few times : )
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..A Sugar Cleanse?!?

14 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles February 21, 2012 at 3:13 pm

There are those days when it is tough to put in even 10 minutes so this is a good NO EXCUSES kind of thing! Love it!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Negative Nelly Monday

15 Clare @ SweetnSimple February 21, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Love this :) Thanks for sharing!

16 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life February 21, 2012 at 5:30 pm

This looks doable! I just started working on top of going to law school and being a mama to a to year old so my time for workouts is severely lacking.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Unexpected Day Off

17 Kristen February 21, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I love these quick workouts you’ve been posting! They are very manageable and still leave me sore the next day. Thanks for posting them for us!

18 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 21, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Thank you for the workout! My Tuesdays are crazy, so this is helpful.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Our Lent Challenge

19 Theodora February 21, 2012 at 10:04 pm

I can’t believe you have 348 pins on this post! (I mean, the workout does look awesome, and I just pinned it, too…but 348! #jealous)
Theodora recently posted..A Carolina Getaway

20 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter February 21, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Love this workout! I love the idea of spacing it out throughout the day. You can even do it at work! :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Training class and calories burned?

21 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 22, 2012 at 7:34 am

I wonder if I could sneak some hand weights to work, and do a little bit of exercising when I get to work. That would make me feel great for the day! Love your no excuse rules. Today I posted about how I need to change it up, and I think squeezing 10 minutes here and there is a great idea!! Thanks for this, I needed it!!

22 Jackie @ Food Face Chomp June 13, 2012 at 5:52 pm

As I sit here stuck at work and all of my workout plans fly out the window (I was going to go for long bike ride with some friends), this looks perfect for when I finally *do* get out of work!

Thanks for sharing this with us, Courtney!
Jackie @ Food Face Chomp recently posted..Food Face Chomp: Wedding Tuesday

23 Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing June 13, 2012 at 6:48 pm

This is great! Saving it for future reference. Thanks for sharing. :)
Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing recently posted..Positive Thoughts