WIAW: All-Inclusive Mexican Resort Edition

Alright, I just had to participate in this week’s WIAW. I have way too much good stuff to share!

This week, we’re staying at an all-inclusive resort in Mexico which means, amongst many other things, all you can eat and drink. We have been eating a TON of good food down here, and have been enjoying plenty of delicious drinks. I’ve only taken photos of a few meals, and to be honest, it’s actually been pretty nice to take a break and just eat this week. BUT, I did manage to snap a few photos over the past few days to give you an idea of what I’ve been stuffing my face with.

All I can say is…it’s a darn good thing I don’t live “all-inclusive” all the time. I think you’ll probably see why here. Winking smile

Breakfast – 9:00am-ish

After finishing my workout for the morning (usually 30-40 minutes at the resort gym – nothing crazy, but it feels good to sweat) it’s time for breakfast. Three out of four breakfasts that we’ve had here have looked very similar to this spread here: fresh fruit, some sort of carb-y side with peanut butter and jelly, and an egg white omelet.

Our resort offers buffets for both breakfast and lunch, which also includes a create-your-own omelet station. I’m basically in love. I’ve been loading up my egg white omelets with TONS of fresh veggies and they.are.awesome.

On the one morning I decided to pass on the omelet, I went to the other create-your-own station…but THIS station is all about crepes.

That baby right there is filled up with peanut butter, Nutella, bananas, and strawberries, all topped off with some sliced almonds, caramel sauce, and cinnamon-sugar. Holy moly. This thing was unreal.

But no matter which breakfast I have, there’s always the same three beverages: water, coffee, and mimosas. Yum.

After breakfast, it’s time to head to our spots at the pool, and at 10:00am, the swim up bar opens…

10:00am – First Pool Drink of the Day

I’ve been making an effort to try a bunch of them off the menu…I’m doing a pretty decent job.

IMG_1290-2

11:00ish – Second Pool Drink of the Day

Sometimes, the frozen drinks get a little heavy, so I switch to the fruity punch-like drinks. It’s a tough life.

IMG_1302-2

12:00pm-ish – Third Pool Drink of the Day

This one wasn’t my favorite…but I couldn’t let it go to waste.

IMG_1304-2

Lunch – Anywhere Between 1:30 – 2:30

We’ve all been having so much fun by the pool that we don’t even realize what time it is. Eventually somebody decides they’re hungry, and by the time we get to the buffet, we all realize we’re a lot hungrier than we thought.

IMG_1190-1

All eight of us usually hit up the buffet for lunch, just because there are so many options and it’s quick and easy to please everyone. Most of my lunches have been looking something like this: veggies, salads, fresh fish from the grill, and lots of tortilla chips with guacamole.

Then, of course, there’s the lunch time dessert buffet. Good freakin’ lord…

Here’s an example of my plate from the other day. The ice cream is the bomb.

3:30-ish – Time for Another Pool Drink!

IMG_1182-2

4:30ish – Last Pool Drink of the Day

Hey, when in Rome, right? Don’t judge me.

IMG_1294-2

*Water bottles have also been chugged non-stop throughout the days. Gotta break up those alcoholic bevvies, plus that sun is a scorcher! Gotta keep hydrated!

Dinner – Anywhere between 7:00 – 8:00pm

Dinners have been a bit later since our lunches have been later. So far, we’ve enjoyed Mexican, Italian, Seafood, and on this particular night, Japanese/Hibachi.

Our waiter that evening was fantastic entertainment. Combine that with a table-full of amazing friends, and you’ve got yourself one heck of a night.

Our hibachi dinner started our with a sushi sampler. All four of those rolls were incredible.

Next was soup – I went for the seafood soup, while just about everyone else went for miso.

Up next came the fried rice, which was actually made with what we believe was Coca Cola instead of soy sauce. Interesting, right?

My hibachi combo for the evening was chicken + sea bass, which also came with veggies and shrimp. Everything tasted delicious.

And for dessert? Lychee ice cream. So unique and tasty.

I love how dessert is offered after every dinner. My favorite, by far, has been the tiramisu from the Italian restaurant. It was to.die.for.

That particular evening after our Hibachi dinner was probably the most fun and spontaneous night we’ve had so far on this vacation, if not ever. But this post is already wayyy too long, so I’ll save that story for another time. Winking smile

Happy WIAWednesday!

Comments

I’m so jealous of your vacay. There is nothing better than an all inclusive resort with good weather, good friends and good food. Will you be doing a review of the resort your staying at? My bf and I are looking for a resort for this summer and with so many out there, its nice to have the input of someone who’s been there.

My trick for those buffets is I go and make myself a salad or plate of veggies first and then I let myself go back for the other good stuff. This way I get my veggies in and I’m not ravenous attacking the soft serve ice cream machine.
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..What I’m Giving Up WIAW

Is it crazy that I didn’t think this post seemed long at all?!? I applaud and admire your commitment to trying all the different pool drinks. Well played, ma’am. Aaaaand now I want to go on vacation! Super envious! You’ll have to share the details of where you went when you get back! :)
    Melissa recently posted..Fat Elvis Muffins

3. briana says

AHHH reminds me of my St Lucia all inclusive honeymoon and my days looked awfully similar except I cannot drink frozen drinks my belly bloats up like crazy lol :)

You could have written a 30 page post about the food and drinks and it still wouldn’t have been too long- it all looks and sounds amazing! I need to book a vacation for next summer ASAP!!!! (not this summer- but the next) We’re going to go allllll out!
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..The swaps….

5. Morgan says

These posts are all TOO relavant since my own Mexico vacation is just 2.5 short weeks away :D I love love love my Mexico vacations. I hope you have a wonderful tome and enjoy those bfast buffets for me! 

wow! soooo jealous of your trip right now! for a real decadent drink (who r we kidding its basically a dessert with alcohol) you should try the “screaming orgasm” lol its an alcoholic oreo beverage. they r served at all the hawaiin resort so i bet they r served there
    Bridget recently posted..Teddie Peanut Butter…DELISH

7. Lauren B. says

I have the same dress that you’re wearing at dinner. It’s so comfy and pretty and I love it! I’ve never done an all-inclusive thing before, but it looks fantastic!

8. Meg says

What resort are you at??? I was looking at booking a trip to Mexico last year (well I did) but delta stopped flying to the location we had booked so we opted for a cruise since they gave us 50% off. Now you have me all Mexico’d up again!

9. Cassie says

Ok, forgive me if you have already said this, but which resort did you go to? It looks fantastic with really quality food. My husband and I have been wanting to go somewhere all inclusive but there are so many options we haven’t been able to decide!!

• Courtney says

Ah I’m dying that you mentioned Aruba! This is the first year my husband and I won’t be able to go.. we’ve been 4 times together!! We just bought a house so the budget will be too tight to go for a while. Where are you staying? I’m going to daydream vicariously through you!!

• says

I am staying at the Marriott Ocean Club — it’s through a time share :) I’m going with 5 of my close friends which is going to be a BLAST! I am sure the house is a fantastic investment, maybe you can go to Aruba next year :)
        Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Boston, Part 2

WOWW it looks like you’re having so much fun. POOL DRINKS are the best! I’m going on vacation next week and am considering in indulging in some myself. I too dislike frozen ones, on the rocks is refreshing without being heavy. Your usual resort bfast looks like my usual too, I love hotel omelet bars! But the crepes WOW I’d go for those too. HAVE FUN.
    Caitlin C. recently posted..Rambling and Photos

Wow! I am so jealous of these foods! They look amazing!
    The breakfast omelet and crepe look amazing! And you should definitely enjoy those fun cocktails! They sound super yummy :)
    Looks like it’s still pretty healthy while being decadent (got your exercise, veggies, and water in!)
    michelle kim recently posted..Mardi Gras?

12. Annmarie says

That resort looks fantastic! I would love for you to give a short review… We’re looking at all-inclusives for our honeymoon this fall and this one looks great! It’s so hard to decide!

Oh wow, I am SO hungry (and thirsty, haha) after looking at all those pictures! I thought that egg white omelet was the best looking thing ever…until I saw the crepe. What a fabulous spread of food they had for you guys! And I love the way you took pictures of your drinks on the pool floaties, with the bright blue pool as a backdrop. So pretty!
    Laura@mypurposefullife recently posted..Good Eats