Catching the Sunrise

by Courtney on February 24, 2012

Yesterday morning, three quarters of our crew was up bright and early at 5:30am. Yes, three quarters of us are crazy.

We all decided the night before that it would be a great idea to get up to watch the sunrise, so we all set our alarms and met down on the beach.

IMG_2048

We were a little disappointed to see quite an abundance of clouds, but we stuck it out in hopes that we’d still get to see our sunrise.

IMG_2049

None of us were very talkative, but it was still nice to enjoy the morning in good company. :)

IMG_2053

IMG_2084

IMG_2086

After about 20 minutes, we could see the sun beginning to rise behind the clouds, and even though the clouds were there to block the full view, it was still such an incredibly beautiful sight.

IMG_2062

IMG_2072

IMG_2075

Isn’t that beautiful?

IMG_2078

IMG_2079

IMG_2090

After the sunrise, I went and had my last resort workout, enjoyed my last resort breakfast, enjoyed my last couple of hours with this view,

IMG_2040

and said goodbye to Mexico. It was sad, but now after a long day of traveling (we didn’t get home until almost 2:30am this morning) we’re back to reality.

I feel like a have a thousand things to take care of today in order to get my life back in order, so I’ll be back shortly to try to fill you all in with a little Mexico talk (I will definitely share some info about our resort!), but for now…here are this week’s giveaway winners!

BodyMedia FIT CORE Armband Winner: #357

bodyfit winner1

Haley!

bodyfit winner

Original Watercolor Portrait Winner: #30

portrait winner1

Carolyn!

portrait winner

Fudgy Chocolate VitaCakes Winner: #129

vitacake winner1

Hannah!

vitacake winner

Congratulations to all the winners! Please email me at sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com ASAP with your shipping information (including phone number).

Alright folks, gotta run…catch ya later! :)

1 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction February 24, 2012 at 11:38 am

AMAZING photos! So jealous you went on vacation, but you deserve it! And, you look great at 5a.m! It takes me a good 2 hours after I wake up to not look like I am still sleeping! Have a great day :)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Fun Fact Friday

2 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine February 24, 2012 at 11:39 am

The sunrise is absolutely beautiful! I bet you are exhausted – getting up that early and then getting back So late! Looks like it was an amazing trip!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..WIAW – Homecooked Meals

3 Mallory @ Have your cake February 24, 2012 at 11:41 am

welcome back! beautiful pics :)

4 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill February 24, 2012 at 11:50 am

When I was in Mexico a little less than a year ago, I made it a point to wake up early as many mornings as possible to catch the sun rise. It was a gorgeous site and it was so nice to sit on a quiet beach (before the rush!).
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..22 Questions

5 Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real February 24, 2012 at 11:51 am

Welcome home! I hate the day after you get home from vacation and reality sets in. Lot of things to catch up on and you are missing that freedom feeling from being on vacation. Glad you made it home safely and thanks for sharing your beautiful sunrise pictures!
Stephanie @ Food and Fitness 4 Real recently posted..Do You Focus on Weight Loss or Healthy Living?

6 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 24, 2012 at 11:53 am

Gorgeous sunrise! I should have done the same thing on my last night in Jamaica during my honeymoon! It’s definitely a memory you won’t forget! :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..‘Clean Out the Fridge’ Pizza

7 Carolyn February 24, 2012 at 11:59 am

Welcome back! I can’t wait to hear the details of the resort. I love sunrises, although getting up for them while on vacation sounds a bit painful. :)
Carolyn recently posted..Changed It Up

8 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope February 24, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Those are some beautiful photos! I can’t wait to hear the complete recap of your vacation. It looked like fun! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Under The Sea!…

9 Kim @ The Family Practice February 24, 2012 at 12:15 pm

The picture right after you said “isn’t that beautiful” is my favorite one. It is absolutely gorgeous!
I’m always up at sunrise and there’s something about getting to see the darkness turn to light that is immensely gratifying.
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..What’s In a Name?

10 Jane {In the Pink and Green} February 24, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Wow those sunrise pics are beautiful…can’t wait to hear more about your trip! xoxo
Jane {In the Pink and Green} recently posted..Work/Workout/Life Update!

11 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life February 24, 2012 at 12:18 pm

That sunrise is gorgeous! I can’t wait to go on vacation this summer!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Burger Guru

12 Caroline February 24, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Gosh that sunrise is gorgeous! Here’s to the simple things in life :)
Caroline recently posted..Go Texan Day and Fried Food

13 Jen M. February 24, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Oh my word, gorgeous sunrise photos!

14 Liz @ Tip Top Shape February 24, 2012 at 1:01 pm

That sunrise is gorgeous!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Chocolate Mug Cake

15 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 24, 2012 at 1:04 pm

What gorgeous pictures! I would love to wake up to a beautiful sunrise! Have fun!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Bourbon BBQ Chicken

16 Khushboo February 24, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Great photos and kudos for getting in a workout despite the early start!
Khushboo recently posted..The time I got lost in Dubai…

17 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries February 24, 2012 at 1:39 pm

wow that is such a beautiful sunrise! i think the clouds make it look even more awesome. glad you got back safely!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Active Rest Days

18 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles February 24, 2012 at 1:47 pm

What a perfect way to start a day! I am dying to see a sunrise over the ocean! I’ve still never been—- next summer GAME ON!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..The swaps….

19 Mary @ Bites and Bliss February 24, 2012 at 1:53 pm

GORGEOUS sunrise! Perfect photos. Strange how no one’s ever talkative that early in the morning. You’d think that’s when people would have the most energy! Haha, who am I kidding..I’m a zombie that early.
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Oh, happy day

20 Nicole February 24, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Beautiful!! My husband and I went to Hawaii in October and made an effort to get up and watch the sunrise one morning atop a small cliff near our hotel… it was incredible! Definitely one of those things that you’ll remember for a very long time :)

21 Carrie Purchase February 24, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Welcome back to normalcy!
Carrie Purchase recently posted..Clean Eating Grocery Shopping Tips

22 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family February 24, 2012 at 3:39 pm

After seeing your pictures I just mentioned to my husband if he’d rather go somewhere tropic for our vacation next spring and delay disney world until a little later. Although I think my 3 year old may veto that idea!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..50/10 Full Body Circuit Workout

23 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 24, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Those pictures are gorgeous!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Chris Makes Clyde’s Chili

24 Jodi February 24, 2012 at 6:13 pm

LOVE watching the sunrise in Cabo! hope you had a great trip!
Jodi recently posted..Nashville CRS Week 2012

25 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 24, 2012 at 8:00 pm

That sunrise is just gorgeous – clouds and all! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Live Fit Week 6

26 Shari February 24, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Oh my, those sunrise pictures are BEAUTIFUL!
Shari recently posted..Some Kind of Wonderful.