WIAW: How To Make a Restaurant-Style Omelet

It’s already Wednesday again, so you know what that means…it’s time for another round of What I Ate Wednesday!

Everything from this post is actually what I ate yesterday so I suppose, technically, it’s What I Ate “Tuesday,” but you get the drift. Let’s get to it!

Breakfast – 8:45am

Three-egg white veggie omelet with turkey bacon and coffee.

And I can’t even begin to tell you how flippin’ excited I was over this omelet.

I guess you could say that I was inspired by the omelets I got in Mexico, because I decided to attempt to recreate the way that they made them on my own. Rather than using my mini round skillet and a spatula like usual, I used my griddle pan and my icing spreader tool.

I simply sprayed the griddle, poured the egg whites onto the hot pan, pushed the side together to form a rectangle, filled it with my pre-sautéed veggies, and folded it all up, length-wise, with the icing spatula. Turns out that tool is good for more than just frosting. Winking smile

So not only was this omelet awesome for how it was made, but holy cow was it tasty! I filled it up with some sautéed broccoli, onions, diced tomatoes, and some of the sweet potatoes from my roasted veggies.

FYI: Sweet potatoes in an omelet is pretty darn fantastic.

Mid-Morning Snack – 11:00am

A pear sprinkled with cinnamon and a Babybel Light cheese wheel.

The cheese was meh…the pear was ripe and super delish.

Lunch – 12:45pm

A whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter, banana slices, and chia seeds + a vanilla Chobani topped with strawberries and Love Grown Foods granola.

Basically, by the time lunch rolled around, I was craving peanut butter in a bad way. I was also craving something sweet. So I made it happen.

These strawberries was so sweet and full of flavor…definitely like finishing lunch with “dessert.”

Mid-Afternoon Snack – 4:00pm

A grande skinny caramel macchiato from Starbucks.

I had a gift card. I had a break at work. Oh, and I had a craving for caramel. ‘Nuff said.

Dinner – 7:00pm

A random mix of leftover spaghetti squash, roasted veggies, 2 slices of low-sodium deli turkey, a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese, and a drizzle of Italian dressing.

Luckily, I had a quick break at work where I was able to heat this up and scarf it down quick before my last group session of the night. Once everything was mixed all together, it was actually pretty awesome, albeit a bit on the lighter side.

*By the way, I got some pretty awesome feedback from two clients in my last session last night. They told me that they come to me to get their “ass-kicking workout” of the week. WOOP! Smile

Late Night Snack – 9:00pm

A corn VitaTop topped with peanut butter and Peanut Butter Cheerios.

Plus an extra handful of Peanut Butter Cheerios.

Plus way too many of these…

Ughh. I knew I should have left them on the shelf while shopping the other day. Jelly beans are one of my favorite holiday candies and I have a hard time with portion control. A very hard time. Oy vey.

Question for the Morning:

What are your favorite holiday candies?

I love jelly beans, Reese’s Eggs, and any holiday-themed pretzel m&m’s. Jay is a huge fan of Cadbury Eggs but they actually make me want to vom.

Comments

Wow congrats on the compliments from your clients- I don’t want to meet you in a dark alleyway :)! You do me proud: Peanut butter Cheerios on top of a peanut butter Vitatop …if only the Vitatop was peanut butter-flavored!
    Khushboo Thadani recently posted..HIIT or miss?

2. Moe says

I love those “robin’s egg” malted balls that are around at Easter! Also, this past Christmas I bought a bag of candy cane tootsie roll pops and they were awesome – I wish I bought several bags!!

Ugh, I love those Cadbury eggs and even I think their kind of gross! Last year, I made Easter candy hangover smores: a peep and cadbury egg on graham crackers. I can’t believe I actually ate that, but it was kind of awesome.
    Melissa recently posted..Call for Snacks

What an interesting way to make an omlet! I never would have though to make one that way- you’re right it looks DELICIOUS!!!!
    I can’t control myself on a lot of things- they are better left alone and in a very high shelf! There is at least one thing each holiday season that I am in love with!

Your omelet looks awesome! I need a griddle and an icing knife lol! My husband loves Cadbury Cream Eggs too, but my favorite treat is a solid chocolate bunny from a local chocolate store called Esther Price. It is amazing chocolate and reminds me of my childhood every time I take a bite!
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..WIAW Round 2

6. Kristin says

Definitely Reese’s Easter eggs, yummmm! I have a question for you, WHERE are you finding the cara cara oranges??? Every time you mention them I have the urge to try one, but cannot find them at PC anywhere! They’re even in the flier but do not see them in the store, are they in a bag or sold as singles or what??

I have a weakness for starburst jellybeans, that my mom bought as decoration for a center piece and I can’t stop eating them! At Christmas time my weakness is chocolate oranges, we always get them in our stockings. And I couldnt agree more about the cadburry eggs, my mom and brother love them and I think they are so gross!

yum! lots of great looking eats!

i can pass by the sugary candies, but the chocolate?!?! THAT is what gets me in trouble! 😉 reese’s eggs and cadbury eggs are my biggest weaknesses. my husband brought home a 6 pack of reese’s eggs the other night, and they pretty much were history within a day between the two of us. oops!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} #23: Packed With Healthy Fats

9. Meghan says

The Dove milk chocolate hearts at Valentine’s day… and the original candy hearts that no one else seems to like (but only the white and orange ones!)… and then there’s the starburst jelly beans that I don’t even allow myself to know where they are in the pantry! Yes, I have my boyfriend hide them from me! Otherwise I would eat the entire bag in one night :/

10. Jackie says

Me and Jelly Beans (and Mini-Eggs) have a love hate relationship. I try to stay out of CVS during the easter candy season! bahahaha

• Courtney says

When I made them on the bigger pan like that, they spread out much thinner so it cooks super quick…hence, no runny center! :)

• Courtney says

I do try to catch it here and there, but I missed the cheesy Cheerios bit last night, haha. As a side note, I love that you thought of me when you saw it 😀

I LOVE Jelly Beans! I bought some regualr ones last week adn I just found the Starburst Jellybeans last night. I could not resist. I also like the Caramel Cadberry eggs, but not the other ones.

Congrats on your progress at work, I bet that felt great to have comments from clients :)
    Ashlee recently posted..Tummy Sleeper Whoas!

12. Billiejean says

Your lunch looks so yummy! And I have to try the vita top with nut butter, the corn is my favorite! As for the candy, I don’t eat it… call me strange but I just don’t care for it. It seems to make me more ill that satisfied…

I think I have favorite candies for each holiday, unfortunately. For Easter – I am with you… Jelly Beans. I am trying not to buy them given we are still pretty far away but just seeing them on the shelves at the grocery store is tempting!
    Carolyn recently posted..The Hardest Workout Yet

14. Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life says

I have to use that omelette trick. My boyfriend loves those kinds of omelette and I never knew how to make it and keep it from breaking.
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Leap Day WIAW

I LOVE starburst jellybeans! Thank goodness they only sale them around Easter. They are so good!

Around Christmas, Dove will put out those Dark Chocolate/Peppermint bark bags of chocolate.. Holy Cow they are good!

Eats look yummy! Especially lunch. I love getting in my bananas.

16. Traci says

I think I may need to buy a flat omelet pan! I like the idea of the eggs having more room to spread out so it’s a bit thinner. I am totally all over the Reese’s eggs! I tried a caramel Cadbury egg once and it was just too sticky and too much caramel (is there such a thing? apparently there is) for me. Maybe I need to try the chocolate filled ones.

• Courtney says

Yes! I’ve sprinkled cinnamon on it all…berries, apples, peaches, nectarines, bananas…I love me some cinnamon!

Sweet potatoes in an omelet?? WOW! I should try it (I loooove sweet potatoes).

My favorite sweets are the day-after-Valentine’s Day chocolates. Most of them go on sale for 50-75% off. A heart shaped box of chocolates and goodies for a quarter of the price= delicious.
    michelle kim recently posted..Fear

18. Claire Smith says

Valentines Day- The OLD Necco Sweethearts. They changed them a couple of years ago, and I don’t like them anymore… But I loved the old ones!

Easter- Satrburst Jelly Beans.

Halloween- Candy Corn. Especially when eaten with roasted peanuts.

Christmas- Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses

19. Lizzie says

Literally I don’t think anything comparies to those cadbury mini eggs. I could eat the entire bag, they are unreal :) PS. Love the corn vita topped with cheerios…so random!

Anything with peanut and chocolate (Reese’s, peanut m&ms, Snickers) is a downfall. Thankfully jelly beans give me canker sores and a stomach ache so I can usually stop myself from eating too many!
    Erin recently posted..Twenty Four Hours