Talk About Relaxed

Oh gosh, was today nice.

Can’t ya tell by my super cheesy, no make-up and greasy hair expression? Winking smile

As I mentioned earlier this morning, today I had an appointment for a long-awaited massage, which I had gotten a gift card for from Jay back at Christmas. I have been meaning to make the appointment ever since, but it just hasn’t worked into my schedule. Thankfully, a last minute call yesterday afternoon got me in for today!

Shortly after I arrived, I was told that I could wait for my masseuse in the relaxation area, so me and my cozy robe headed on in there right after I changed.

I was psyched to see that there was also a little area with snacks, so I promptly helped myself to some trail mix and water.

Can someone tell me what it is about spa water? I mean, I know they put fruit in it (today it looked like there was lime), but it just always tastes SO good and fresh to me. Is that weird? Maybe it’s just because I’m feeling super zen…who knows.

Shortly after finishing my goodies, my masseuse came out to grab me and bring me back to the room. One of the many things I absolutely adored from this room were the sheets. They had to be some of the comfiest, softest sheets I’ve ever laid in. I meant to ask what they were, but I forgot, of course.

I opted for just a regular, relaxation massage today, which felt absolutely wonderful. I debated on going deep tissue, which I probably could have benefited from, but I just wanted to chill out. It was fantastic.

After my massage was over, I decided to hit up the sauna for a quick 10 minutes where I’m pretty sure I almost fell asleep about five times.

Talk about relaxed. Smile

(FYI: My massage today was at Complexions Spa & Salon, which was great.)

Dinner

A little while after getting home and showering (because as much as I enjoyed my massage, I may enjoy the follow-up shower even more…talk about feeling like a grease ball!), I got started on tonight’s dinner.

I was fishing through some old copies of Cooking Light last night and came across a recipe for Chicken Enchilada Casserole, so I decided to give it a go. I also decided that I was really in the mood for a beer tonight, so I told Jay to surprise me with one from our “Create Your Own” Six-Pack we got on Sunday.

He surprised me with this Southern Tier Raspberry Wheat which was fairly decent. I didn’t realize that it was part malt beverage when I bought it, so it was pretty carbonated. Otherwise, it was thoroughly enjoyed throughout the duration of tonight’s dinner prep.

Speaking of tonight’s dinner prep…it was LONG. Had I actually paid attention to the recipe beforehand, I probably would have passed on it. It wasn’t that it was hard; rather, there were just a lot of different steps.

I ended up making a crapload of substitutions to the original recipe because, again, I should have paid more attention to it, but it still turned out pretty good.

Thank goodness, after all that hard work. Winking smile

The flavor in this dish was pretty spectacular, and I actually had to reach for my water at least half a dozen times while eating because the spice factor had my mouth on fire (that doesn’t take much, FYI).

Overall, it was pretty tasty and a nice switcheroo from the usual rotation of dinners.

Now, it’s time to go catch up on the ‘ol DVR…in the meantime, feel free to check out that brand spankin’ new little badge at the top right corner of my blog page. I’ll talk more about that tomorrow, but I will say that I.AM.PSYCHED. Smile

Comments

Wow that massage sounds amazing! I’ve never had a deep tissue massage, but always find the regular ones (like you had) beneficial, too! Even if it doesnt work out all the kinks, the relaxation time is keyyy!
    Courtney recently posted..don’t sugar coat it

Ugh. I haven’t had a massage since I was pregnant. I was so lucky the past like 5 years or so I bartered with a friend that owns a spa. I used to get massages like every week! I was so spoiled! Now–I have no idea when the next time will ever be! So glad you enjoyed! It’s my favorite thing in the whole wide world {besides my family!}
    Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..111 days til…

3. Darcy says

Glad you had a great relaxing day! Just LOVE massages myself! I had one a couple of weeks ago too and it was a great day!
    On another note……..I just realized that my counter is very similar to yours. It’s a dark, marbly pattern with browns and black. Too funny!

I love a good massage!

P.S. Since you’re drinking Southern Tier, try their Creme Brulee Beer. It’s like dessert in a glass. It’s not as carbonated, it’s actually very smooth, but it’s a beer.

I’m obviously a beer nerd :-)
    Kori recently posted..Well on My Way to 10!

• Courtney says

Ughhh, I hear ya, girl!
      I have the joys of taxes coming up…NOT looking forward to that part of adulthood either!

I’ve never had a professional massage before, but I think I might buy myself one after my next race :-) I’m not sure what type to go for – How is the deep tissue massage different? I know I’ve heard a few people say they didn’t like them.
    Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..My First WIAW!

• Courtney says

Deep tissue is just that…a lot deeper. They use a lot more pressure and it’s usually considering not as “relaxing” as a typical relaxation/swedish massage. I’ve had both, and both are wonderful. Deep tissue is good for when you have some sore muscles that really need to be worked on!

I’m a big fan of deep tissue massages. Hurt so good! But, you’re right, relaxation massages have their place. Especially when the place looks and sounds as nice as the one you were at!
    Erin recently posted..Exciting News

7. Lynn says

Oooohhhh so glad you were able to share some shots, I was wondering what that place looked like inside. I’ve got a gift card for Complexions that I’ve been sitting on for awhile and think that I’ll be using for my birthday weekend this year, but when I’ve called them just to make sure there’s no expiration date on it (it doesn’t list one), I always get their voice mail, which I find to be a smidge of a turnoff. I’ll have to try calling again this weekend, hopefully someone will answer! 😮

a couple of my friends work at the Southern Tier brewery. It’s less than 10 mins from my house. Love the Raspberry Wheat but recommend “Phin & Matt’s” and “Eurotrash” if you happen to run across em.

• Courtney says

Really? Less than 10 minutes? LUCKY!
      I’ll have to keep an eye out for those two brews…I’m always up for trying something new!

9. Catherine Ertelt says

What you are tasting in the water besides the premium fresh fruit is oxygen. We use oxygenated water in our baths and facials as well. Besides the good taste, mucho health benefits!

Trackbacks