Talk About Relaxed

by Courtney on March 1, 2012

Oh gosh, was today nice.

Can’t ya tell by my super cheesy, no make-up and greasy hair expression? Winking smile

As I mentioned earlier this morning, today I had an appointment for a long-awaited massage, which I had gotten a gift card for from Jay back at Christmas. I have been meaning to make the appointment ever since, but it just hasn’t worked into my schedule. Thankfully, a last minute call yesterday afternoon got me in for today!

Shortly after I arrived, I was told that I could wait for my masseuse in the relaxation area, so me and my cozy robe headed on in there right after I changed.

I was psyched to see that there was also a little area with snacks, so I promptly helped myself to some trail mix and water.

Can someone tell me what it is about spa water? I mean, I know they put fruit in it (today it looked like there was lime), but it just always tastes SO good and fresh to me. Is that weird? Maybe it’s just because I’m feeling super zen…who knows.

Shortly after finishing my goodies, my masseuse came out to grab me and bring me back to the room. One of the many things I absolutely adored from this room were the sheets. They had to be some of the comfiest, softest sheets I’ve ever laid in. I meant to ask what they were, but I forgot, of course.

I opted for just a regular, relaxation massage today, which felt absolutely wonderful. I debated on going deep tissue, which I probably could have benefited from, but I just wanted to chill out. It was fantastic.

After my massage was over, I decided to hit up the sauna for a quick 10 minutes where I’m pretty sure I almost fell asleep about five times.

Talk about relaxed. Smile

(FYI: My massage today was at Complexions Spa & Salon, which was great.)

Dinner

A little while after getting home and showering (because as much as I enjoyed my massage, I may enjoy the follow-up shower even more…talk about feeling like a grease ball!), I got started on tonight’s dinner.

I was fishing through some old copies of Cooking Light last night and came across a recipe for Chicken Enchilada Casserole, so I decided to give it a go. I also decided that I was really in the mood for a beer tonight, so I told Jay to surprise me with one from our “Create Your Own” Six-Pack we got on Sunday.

He surprised me with this Southern Tier Raspberry Wheat which was fairly decent. I didn’t realize that it was part malt beverage when I bought it, so it was pretty carbonated. Otherwise, it was thoroughly enjoyed throughout the duration of tonight’s dinner prep.

Speaking of tonight’s dinner prep…it was LONG. Had I actually paid attention to the recipe beforehand, I probably would have passed on it. It wasn’t that it was hard; rather, there were just a lot of different steps.

I ended up making a crapload of substitutions to the original recipe because, again, I should have paid more attention to it, but it still turned out pretty good.

Thank goodness, after all that hard work. Winking smile

The flavor in this dish was pretty spectacular, and I actually had to reach for my water at least half a dozen times while eating because the spice factor had my mouth on fire (that doesn’t take much, FYI).

Overall, it was pretty tasty and a nice switcheroo from the usual rotation of dinners.

Now, it’s time to go catch up on the ‘ol DVR…in the meantime, feel free to check out that brand spankin’ new little badge at the top right corner of my blog page. I’ll talk more about that tomorrow, but I will say that I.AM.PSYCHED. Smile

1 Courtney March 1, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Wow that massage sounds amazing! I’ve never had a deep tissue massage, but always find the regular ones (like you had) beneficial, too! Even if it doesnt work out all the kinks, the relaxation time is keyyy!
Courtney recently posted..don’t sugar coat it

2 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 1, 2012 at 8:17 pm

So jealous that sounds very relaxing!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Healthy Cookie Dough Dip – Yes, Really!

3 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles March 1, 2012 at 8:18 pm

You *really* did have a good day! ….The massage, the beer, the food! AND the little badge that we will learn more about! Glad good things have been going your way today! :) AWESOME!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Grasshopper Pie…. that is healthy!

4 Caroline March 1, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Wow that looks amazing!! (Massage AND food) :)
Caroline recently posted..Dear Treadmill, I (surprisingly) miss you terribly.

5 Laury @thefitnessdish March 1, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Ugh. I haven’t had a massage since I was pregnant. I was so lucky the past like 5 years or so I bartered with a friend that owns a spa. I used to get massages like every week! I was so spoiled! Now–I have no idea when the next time will ever be! So glad you enjoyed! It’s my favorite thing in the whole wide world {besides my family!}
Laury @thefitnessdish recently posted..111 days til…

6 Courtney March 2, 2012 at 10:30 am

That sounds like a FANTASTIC bartering opportunity! I need to find me one of those… ;)

7 Lauren March 1, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Just seeing you in a big comfy spa robe makes me more relaxed. A trip to the spa is definitely needed in my immediate future.
Lauren recently posted..My Busiest Day Of The Week

8 Darcy March 1, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Glad you had a great relaxing day! Just LOVE massages myself! I had one a couple of weeks ago too and it was a great day!
On another note……..I just realized that my counter is very similar to yours. It’s a dark, marbly pattern with browns and black. Too funny!

9 Courtney March 2, 2012 at 10:31 am

Haha…that just proves that we both have great taste. ;)
Hope you enjoyed your day yesterday!

10 Kori March 1, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I love a good massage!

P.S. Since you’re drinking Southern Tier, try their Creme Brulee Beer. It’s like dessert in a glass. It’s not as carbonated, it’s actually very smooth, but it’s a beer.

I’m obviously a beer nerd :-)
Kori recently posted..Well on My Way to 10!

11 Courtney March 2, 2012 at 10:32 am

Creme Brulee Beer? Seriously?!? OMG, I need to find that, STAT. Thanks for the heads up!

12 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and FAbulous March 1, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I’m with you about the spa water!! Cucumber water tastes 10x’s better when you’re drinking it before a massage!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and FAbulous recently posted..Lean Legs March Challenge!!

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 1, 2012 at 9:06 pm

I’m so jealous … looks like an awesome day!! It sounds much more fun than my day of house hunting and crunching numbers with our mortgage guy. ;) Oh the joys of being an adult! Have a great night!! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..WIAW and I love Publix.

14 Courtney March 2, 2012 at 10:34 am

Ughhh, I hear ya, girl!
I have the joys of taxes coming up…NOT looking forward to that part of adulthood either!

15 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 1, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Ahhh I’m seriously jealous of your massage; I’m in desperate need of one!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Two-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse

16 Michelle (Better with Berries) March 1, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I’ve never had a professional massage before, but I think I might buy myself one after my next race :-) I’m not sure what type to go for – How is the deep tissue massage different? I know I’ve heard a few people say they didn’t like them.
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..My First WIAW!

17 Courtney March 2, 2012 at 10:35 am

Deep tissue is just that…a lot deeper. They use a lot more pressure and it’s usually considering not as “relaxing” as a typical relaxation/swedish massage. I’ve had both, and both are wonderful. Deep tissue is good for when you have some sore muscles that really need to be worked on!

18 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 1, 2012 at 9:27 pm

You made me so excited for my massage on Saturday morning!!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..blueberry basil muffins

19 Erin March 1, 2012 at 9:31 pm

I’m a big fan of deep tissue massages. Hurt so good! But, you’re right, relaxation massages have their place. Especially when the place looks and sounds as nice as the one you were at!
Erin recently posted..Exciting News

20 Paige @ Running Around Normal March 1, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Ahh I am so jealous of your spa day! I hinted to Shane how much going to a spa for a weekend or a day sounded sooo good right now. I have a birthday coming up, so we’ll see if he took the hint ;) haha
Congrats again, girl!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Dirty Little Office

21 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 1, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I’m planning on getting a massage next week and I am STOKED! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Feb Photo A Day // The Final Wrap-Up

22 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill March 1, 2012 at 10:03 pm

I love going to the spa when I’m able to be totally relaxed–if my visit is rushed, then it defeats the whole purpose! The spa water is the best after spending some time in the sauna!
Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..DIY Chevron Rug

23 Lena @Fit on the Rocks March 1, 2012 at 10:26 pm

I agree about spa water! If I make it at home, it just doesn’t taste the same for some reason.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Oh You Fancy, Huh?

24 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen March 1, 2012 at 10:27 pm

1. Totally jealous of your spa day. I probably wouldn’t have left the sauna :)
2. Congrats on the nomination!
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Panko cheddar crusted chicken fingers

25 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile March 1, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I have a massage scheduled for next week, I seriously cannot wait!! Ahh congrats on the nomination!!! :D
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Most Random Meal Ever

26 Miranda @ Biting Life March 1, 2012 at 10:38 pm

That sounds awesome :) My boyfriend and I just got a couples massage last weekend and it was amazingggg. I wish they’d had a sauna, though – that would’ve been nice.
Miranda @ Biting Life recently posted..March Healthy Goals

27 Khushboo March 1, 2012 at 11:33 pm

So exciting about the nomination- CONGRATS!
Khushboo recently posted..Quirk it out!

28 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 2, 2012 at 12:04 am

I’ve never had a massage.. I think I need to fix that!!!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..A New Start

29 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 2, 2012 at 8:09 am

I’m jealous of your spa day! That sounds lovely and so relaxing. :) Dinner looks great! I love Mexican food.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Blend It Up…

30 Lynn March 2, 2012 at 9:39 am

Oooohhhh so glad you were able to share some shots, I was wondering what that place looked like inside. I’ve got a gift card for Complexions that I’ve been sitting on for awhile and think that I’ll be using for my birthday weekend this year, but when I’ve called them just to make sure there’s no expiration date on it (it doesn’t list one), I always get their voice mail, which I find to be a smidge of a turnoff. I’ll have to try calling again this weekend, hopefully someone will answer! :o

31 rob fiasco March 2, 2012 at 10:18 am

a couple of my friends work at the Southern Tier brewery. It’s less than 10 mins from my house. Love the Raspberry Wheat but recommend “Phin & Matt’s” and “Eurotrash” if you happen to run across em.

32 Courtney March 2, 2012 at 10:37 am

Really? Less than 10 minutes? LUCKY!
I’ll have to keep an eye out for those two brews…I’m always up for trying something new!

33 Catherine Ertelt June 2, 2012 at 12:24 pm

What you are tasting in the water besides the premium fresh fruit is oxygen. We use oxygenated water in our baths and facials as well. Besides the good taste, mucho health benefits!