I Have No Idea, But Thank You!

by Courtney on March 2, 2012

So the other night (you know, the one that included this big ‘ol salad) I happened to be reading through my latest copy of Fitness Magazine.

As I was scarfing down veggies and browsing through the pages, I happened to come across this page, promoting their “First-Ever Blogger Awards.”

“Well that’s pretty cool,” I thought to myself, and actually took that picture so I’d remember to go and check out the link. Then yesterday afternoon, I received a very interesting notification in my email inbox, which allowed me to place that special new pink badge up at the top of my page…

STSL has been nominated for “Best Personal Trainer Blog!”

fitness mag best personal trainer blog

I have no idea who nominated me, but I can’t even begin to tell you just how excited I am. If you want to vote, you can do so by clicking the link below:

I will be forever grateful for your votes and may even have to bake you all some special “thank you” cookies for helping me out. Cookies from a personal trainer? Why the heck not? Winking smile

Either way, thank you all SO MUCH, as always, for your amazing support!

*****

I had an early shift at the gym this morning, and it was was pretty dead in there, so I decided to get in my workout for the day. I happened to come across this Power Pairs Dumbbell Workout early this morning before leaving, so I wrote it down and brought it with me. It was a fantastic workout, and actually reminded me quite a bit of the circuit workout I posted yesterday.

Gosh, I am REALLY loving weights right now. Traditional cardio just isn’t cuttin’ it for me.

Post-workout, I grabbed half a banana that I had stashed in my gym bag, and paired it with some of the peanut butter that we have at work.

2012-03-02_07-43-10_321

A little sad looking, but it worked for the time.

2012-03-02_07-44-31_175

Shortly after that, I made a quick Coffee Friday pit stop and headed home for some real breakfast.

Nut butter is the name of the game today, folks. Apparently my small helping earlier today sparked a full on craving, so I toasted up a whole wheat English muffin and topped half with almond butter, half with peanut butter, banana slices, chia seeds, and cinnamon. Any guesses which half I saved for last?

And that bad boy right there is a large (yes, large) homemade Caramel Turtle coffee.

Perfect little treat for a Friday morning, if you ask me. Smile

Question for the Morning:

What new workout ideas would you like to see coming up next? Cardio? Weights? Supersets? Tabata? Let me know!!

1 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy March 2, 2012 at 9:19 am

Cardio! Maybe an outdoor workout since it’s starting to get nice out again?

2 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers March 2, 2012 at 9:19 am

CONGRATS, Courtney! What exciting news! You definitely deserve it. :)
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..First Car

3 Courtney March 2, 2012 at 10:41 am

Thanks, girl! You’ve already got my vote for your category too. ;) xoxo

4 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health March 2, 2012 at 9:20 am

Congrats for being nominated!! I voted for you yesterday :D. I love all of your workouts, so anything you post would be fabulous!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..FLOW #5

5 Courtney March 2, 2012 at 10:42 am

Thanks, Lindsay! I really appreciate it!!

6 Kristen March 2, 2012 at 9:21 am

Yoga!

7 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 2, 2012 at 9:22 am

Congrats on the nomination!! That is awesome! :) Happy Friday!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Blend It Up…

8 Carissa March 2, 2012 at 9:23 am

Congrats on the nomination!!! People notice awesomeness!
Carissa recently posted..It’s Mental

9 Liz @ Tip Top Shape March 2, 2012 at 9:24 am

Congrats on the nomination, girl!

10 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 2, 2012 at 9:25 am

I saw that in Fitness and immediately thought of you :)
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Healthy Cookie Dough Dip – Yes, Really!

11 Lauren March 2, 2012 at 9:26 am

I am pumped for you :) I definitely think you deserve it–it’s awesome to see someone really go after the personal training certification, pass and then be proactive about using it!! I hope you win!

Have a great Friday :)

12 Khushboo March 2, 2012 at 9:27 am

Way to go- you definitely deserve this nomination, Courtney! I’m with you on the weights- it’s quite empowering!
Khushboo recently posted..Carrot cake craving

13 Ruthie Hart March 2, 2012 at 9:27 am

Congratulations girl!!! If I ever needed a personal trainer, I would love to have someone like you! You always seem so happy and encouraging, yet I know you would prob kick some booty in the gym!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Wanna see our house?

14 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile March 2, 2012 at 9:28 am

Congrats you definitely deserve it!! I will be voting shortly after this comment ;D
I love super sets and a tabata would be pretty cool!
Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile recently posted..Most Random Meal Ever

15 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life March 2, 2012 at 9:38 am

Yay that is awesome Courtney! You’ve got my vote! ;-) I would love to see an elliptical work out. I got one for Christmas and although I love it, I can get bored! It would be great to see suggestions on how to mix-it-up!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Adopt-a-Classroom

16 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 2, 2012 at 9:40 am

woohoo!!! congratulations courtney! you totally deserve it. ;) as for your nut butter cravings today, i feel like i pretty much have nut butter cravings every day. haha. love the stuff!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..National Eating Disorders Awareness Week

17 Courtney March 2, 2012 at 10:55 am

My gosh, it’s crazy! I can’t get enough of the stuff lately!! LOL

18 Lisa @ Jogging on Coffee March 2, 2012 at 9:46 am

Congratulations on the nomination! I just voted for you :)
Lisa @ Jogging on Coffee recently posted..6 Miles with the Bachelor

19 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life March 2, 2012 at 9:46 am

Omg congrats on being nominated! That’s so exciting. Fitness is one of my fav magazines. I’m voting for you. Fingers crossed that you win!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..My First Ticket

20 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles March 2, 2012 at 9:52 am

Congrats! That is *so* exciting! You totally deserve it, girlie! ….What an amazing surprise, you must feel like you are floating on air!
Enjoy your Friday!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Grasshopper Pie…. that is healthy!

21 Ashley @ Freckles & Spice March 2, 2012 at 9:54 am

That is awesome news! And even better that you just kind of stumbled upon it.
Tabata and circuits. That’s what I’ve been feeling lately. Traditional cardio isn’t cutting it for me either.
Ashley @ Freckles & Spice recently posted..March Means…

22 Brandi March 2, 2012 at 9:55 am

Congrats Courtney!

I love anything Tabata…..quick and nasty! Especially when I run out of time in the day and don’t think that I can fit in a workout. There is always time…..right?? ;)

Have a great day!

23 Ashlee March 2, 2012 at 9:58 am

Congrats! That is exciting and ironic that you looked at the article and wanted to check it out before even knowing!
Ashlee recently posted..New Cookie Recipe & Snow

24 Allie@LiveLaughEat March 2, 2012 at 10:03 am

Is that a community cup of peanut butter?! That’s awesome! I thought it was cookie dough at first because it looks so thick and chunky…like the stuff at the bottom of the jar.
Allie@LiveLaughEat recently posted..Pumping Protein

25 Courtney March 2, 2012 at 10:57 am

Haha, it’s the HUGE tub that they keep to make smoothies with.
Or, in my case…snag some to have with banana bites ;)

26 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat March 2, 2012 at 10:04 am

I love at home workout ideas – at home cardio esp. would be great!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Food and Family

27 Heather March 2, 2012 at 10:10 am

Congratulations, Courtney! I’m headin’ over to vote for your gorgeous self right now. :-)

28 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! March 2, 2012 at 10:20 am

CONGRATS! so awesome!

29 chelcie @ chelcie's food files March 2, 2012 at 10:23 am

congrats on the nomination you deserve it!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Latest Obsession

30 Renee March 2, 2012 at 10:23 am

Congrats! Just voted for you ;)
Renee recently posted..Blood Orange Margarita

31 Carolyn March 2, 2012 at 10:24 am

Congratulations! You definitely deserve to be nominated. :)
Carolyn recently posted..It’s Been Five Weeks

32 Maria March 2, 2012 at 10:25 am

Congratulations! Honestly, I would vote for you a hundred times over if I could.

Tabata would be great – and I’m definitely loving supersets lately for sure. I’ve fallen in love with weights lately too!

33 Courtney March 2, 2012 at 10:58 am

That is so nice…thank you, Maria! :)

34 Kaitlyn @ Pain Can Be Fun March 2, 2012 at 10:40 am

Congratulations on the nomination! :)
As for new workout ideas – I’m always looking for new idea on how to incorporate weights/strength training!
Kaitlyn @ Pain Can Be Fun recently posted..My first vacation….in who knows how long

35 Lena @Fit on the Rocks March 2, 2012 at 10:43 am

Congrats on the nomination! You’ve got my vote :D
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Swift Kick in the Butt

36 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 2, 2012 at 10:53 am

Congrats on the nomination; that’s awesome!

37 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 2, 2012 at 11:12 am

Oh my Gosh! That is awesome!! Congrats!!! I’ll go vote for you!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Quick & Easy Jalapeno Pull Apart Bread

38 Erin March 2, 2012 at 11:21 am

I’d like to see a lower-body superset workout! I’ve really been getting into supersets lately; I feel like I’m working harder than my usual weight routine which involves resting between sets and exercises!

39 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction March 2, 2012 at 11:40 am

Congrats girlfriend! You totally deserve it! I love your blog and workouts, but I think you already know that ;-)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Organization Techniques

40 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection March 2, 2012 at 11:54 am

Congratulations on the nomination!!
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..Fun Facts Friday

41 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 2, 2012 at 12:39 pm

That is AMAZING, congratulations!!! I haven’t tried any workouts you’ve posted myself but I’ve pinned quite a bit.. they seem intense!!

42 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 2, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Congrats on the nomination!!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

43 Alexa March 2, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Congrats!!!! :D I voted! You’re winning by a landslide!

44 Courtney March 2, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Thanks, Alexa! It’s still WAY early in the game…I’m up against some other amazing personal trainers! :)

45 Mallory @ Have your cake March 2, 2012 at 1:33 pm

youve obviously got my vote! i adore you and your blog!
Mallory @ Have your cake recently posted..On Taking the Plunge with Online Dating

46 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 2, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Congratulations! Very cool nomination! And I agree with the person who suggested some type of outdoor workout. Of course, it’s still snowing where you are, right? So I’d understand if you needed to hold off on that one haha! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Carbonara Craziness.

47 Courtney March 2, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Hahaha, yes, it IS still snowy up here.
However, that comment earlier did catch my eye…I may have to get something started with that. ;)

48 Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt March 2, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Congrats Courtney!
Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt recently posted..Rolling on

49 Julie March 2, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Congrats Courtney!!! That’s awesome! So happy that you and your blog are being recognized for your wealth knowledge! :) I’ll be voting..

50 Carrie Purchase@myhealthyaddictions March 2, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Congrats!
I really like to see different shoulder workouts!
Carrie Purchase@myhealthyaddictions recently posted..Leg Day & Giving Back

51 Kelsey March 2, 2012 at 4:03 pm

congrats girl! I voted for you! :) I’m in the running for the Best Healthy Living Blog :)

Kelsey recently posted..The Protein Cookie Review

52 Meredith @ DareYouTo March 3, 2012 at 6:24 am

Congratulations on your nomination! So exciting. You earned it! Hmm.. I would love to see a routine using dumbells! I’ve been stuck in a rut with the same routine over and over and could definitely afford to switch it up.
Meredith @ DareYouTo recently posted..Ditch Wheat for a Week

53 Mary @ Bites and Bliss March 3, 2012 at 8:50 am

OMG that’s so awesome!! I would have had a mini heart attack if I were you. Congrats!
Mary @ Bites and Bliss recently posted..Running Mistakes You May Not Know You’re Making

54 [主页] October 29, 2012 at 8:56 am

Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it’s new to me.
Nonetheless, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back
often!