Killing Two Birds With One Stone

by Courtney on March 2, 2012

So remember this morning when I said that cardio just wasn’t cuttin’ it for me? Well, apparently I lied…because only an hour after typing that up, I suddenly found myself smack dab on the treadmill. Who knew?

I had been sitting and catching up on some emails when I got a quick, out-of-nowhere burst of “ants in my pants.” I was also extremely cold and my Raynaud’s was getting out of control, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone by squeezing in a quick session.

Twenty minutes was my max, so I went the quick and efficient route with some HIIT in the form of my “Give It Your All” HIIT Workout. The time actually flew by, and in the end, I cured both my numb white fingers and those ants in my pants. Saweeeet!

*****

Once I got my sweaty self showered up, it was time for lunch. Then again, I’ll let you decide what you want to call it…

Lookin’ a little like breakfast around here again, eh? Winking smile

I just can’t help myself. Breakfast foods are just tasting SO good to me lately, and I love just how versatile they can be. Today’s meal came in two parts…

Part 1: Egg white omelet with provolone, spinach, and tomato slices, topped with some pineapple salsa

Part 2: Vanilla Chobani mixed with lots of fresh strawberries, blueberries, and the last of my bag of Love Grown Foods granola. It’s a good thing I have a few more bags left in the pantry!

I’ve also been snacking a TON on these today…

source

Has anyone else tried these Emerald Cinnamon Roast Almonds? Holy crap, they are ahhhhMAZING…and Trouble with a capital T, if ya ask me. Oy vey.

*****

I have another short shift at work later this afternoon, and after that, Jay and I are planning on meeting up with my parents for a couple drinks (haven’t seen them in over two weeks!) and then heading out to a movie with some friends. Here’s to hoping that short shift goes by extra speedy.

As a side note, a big ‘ol THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU is going out to all of you for your super kind “congrats” wishes and for voting in the Fitness Magazine Blog Award Contest. I honestly can’t even begin to tell you how much it means to me to have you guys routing me on.

Hope everyone is having a Fantastic Friday!! Smile

1 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 2, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Think you could fill that Chobani up any higher? ;)
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Snow Day and Tasty Turkey Burgers

2 Brigitt March 2, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Haha Caroline, I was thinking the same thing! How do you get any yogurt on your first couple bites?! :) Anyway, Congrats on the nominee Courtney!
Brigitt recently posted..Chayote

3 Courtney March 2, 2012 at 2:25 pm

LOL…it was messy, not gonna lie. ;)

4 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third March 2, 2012 at 2:21 pm

I just chowed down on some of the cocoa flavored almonds during my prep period at work. So yummy!

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 2, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Those almonds sound delicious! :) You always make the best looking omelettes! Yum! Have fun tonight!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Blend It Up…

6 Alexa March 2, 2012 at 2:58 pm

you must try the emerald cocoa roasted or dark chocolate roasted almonds. heaven! or the blue diamond barbecue ones. so good.

7 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction March 2, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I LOVE those cinnamon almonds! They also come in 100 calories packs which is goof for the portion control if ya no what I mean! Have you tried the cocoa almonds? They are also verrrry dangerous!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Organization Techniques

8 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 2, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Your lunch looks awesome! And I’ve never had the cinnamon nuts, but I love the cocoa covered almonds! So I’m sure I’d love those, too!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Carbonara Craziness.

9 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life March 2, 2012 at 3:48 pm

I have never tried the cinnamon roasted nuts before, but I have eye-balled the cocoa roast! They sound so good!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Adopt-a-Classroom

10 Kerry @ Totes My Oats March 2, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I must try those almonds! Haven’t seen them before!
Kerry @ Totes My Oats recently posted..A Good Morning

11 Renee March 2, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Those Emerald Nuts with Cinnamon are beyond addicting! I had to stop buying them because I could eat one tube in a sitting it was horrible! I have no will power. Your omelets are always so picture perfect! I need to know your secret mine, always look like a lumpy mess.
Renee recently posted..The Wish List:

12 Maggie March 2, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I love those almonds! I also like the dark chocolate cocoa ones..my grocery store had a Chocolate/Peanut Butter Emerald Nut combo with different types of nuts either coated in the cocoa or a peanut butter coating and they are DELICIOUS!
Maggie recently posted..WIAW Goes Green!

13 Olivia March 2, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Oh man those cinnamon roast almonds look perfect. I’d love to find those some day! (Or make my own!)
Olivia recently posted..The Best Love Of All

14 Mindy March 2, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Congratulations on your nomination! So exciting!

Now that’s the kind of lunch I like to eat. I find myself leaning towards breakfast foods no matter what time of the day it is. Those cinnamon roast almonds- yum! Since I know you like to bake have you seen the homemade chocolate chips and peanut butter chips? I wonder if you can make homemade CINNAMON chips?!
Mindy recently posted..Lately

15 jasper naomi @ crunchylittlebites March 2, 2012 at 6:14 pm

that chobani cup looks SO scrumptious with the granola atop!
jasper naomi @ crunchylittlebites recently posted..I shot breakfast.

16 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy March 2, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Mmm! That Chobani looks so good!

17 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 2, 2012 at 9:46 pm

I have not spotted those almonds yet, & it’s probably a good thing I haven’t. I may have to avert my eyes at the grocery store this week!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Food as a Reward

18 Khushboo March 2, 2012 at 11:53 pm

I can’t get enough of eggs in general these days…even ordered a plate of poached on Thursday night when we went out to dinner- hit the spot!
Khushboo recently posted..Carrot cake craving

19 michelle kim March 3, 2012 at 4:38 am

Your breakfast as the best of both types of foods… savory/salty AND sweet. I love it!
michelle kim recently posted..Friday Recap

20 Nescett @bananaoats March 4, 2012 at 11:13 am

Drooling over that cup of Chobani.
Nescett @bananaoats recently posted..I Have a Confession

21 Katy @ HaveYouHurd March 5, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I love those almonds too! I eat them on a salad with goat cheese, craisins and balsamic dressing!!! SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOD!
Katy @ HaveYouHurd recently posted..Puppy Chow