Nobody Is Perfect

by Courtney on March 3, 2012

Last night as soon as I got off from work, I headed straight home, changed quick, and was back out the door within about five minutes so Jay and I could go to meet up with my parents for dinner and a couple drinks.

I was actually pretty famished when I got home, and I knew I should have grabbed at least a handful of almonds – something – just to keep me from going balls to the walls once I arrive at the restaurant. Yeah…that did not happen.

As soon as we arrived, we ordered a round of beers, which are actually 2-for-1 all day, every day, at The Sports Grill. As soon as I saw one of my all-time favorite local brews on tap, so there was really no question on what I was getting.

2-for-1’s, favorite beer, and an empty stomach…oh boy.

Once we had our drinks, we headed to a booth and got all caught up with mom and dad. It was so good to see them again!

We chatted all about our trip to Mexico, their upcoming trip to Jamaica (it’s their first time vacationing all-inclusive, I’m so excited for them) and just catching up on family stuff.

We ended up ordering a Spinach & Artichoke Dip appetizer while waiting for our food which was pretty decent. I did fairly well at maintaining composure with these and probably only had about five or six of ‘em.

Then we got our food – I ordered a simple grilled chicken sandwich that came with Swiss cheese, bacon, and honey mustard (on the side) with French fries. It tasted incredible, because a) I was already about three beers in by now, and b) I was absolutely starving at this point. Anything would have tasted good.

Those fries? Yeah, they had no chance against me. Dominated.

My stomach felt like a bottomless pit at this point – so much so that I even felt it necessary to steal some of my mom’s uneaten fries.

Thank you, beer, for that lovely side effect you give me.

Once we left the restaurant, we headed out to meet up with our friends Joe & Kate to go see a movie, (Project X – boys’ choice, they’ve been excited for weeks). While we were there, I continued my tear on food and had a few handfuls of popcorn and some Raisinets (aka, the best movie candy in the world, IMO).

source

I then proceeded to finish the entire box…and then promptly fell asleep for about half the movie. Oh yes, I was in rare form, and I woke up for about the last ten minutes of the movie with a stomach that was feeling a little less than stellar. Wayyy too much grease, sugar, and beer. Ughhh.

So why am I sharing all of this with you when I so totally could have just said, “Oh yeah, great night! I only had two beers, skipped my fries, and had five Raisinets.”

Well, first of all, I’m sharing it because you know I like to keep it real around these parts. But second of all, I’m sharing it because it’s a great reminder of the fact that…

Nobody is perfect.

We all slip up. We all make mistakes. We all have days where we eat way more than we should or have a couple extra drinks that we know we shouldn’t. We’re human…it happens.

So just in case you found yourself in a similar situation as me last night, please don’t beat yourself up over it, mmmkay? Just jump right back on the wagon with me today!

Question for the Morning:

When’s the last time you had a “slip up” moment? How did you handle it?

1 briana March 3, 2012 at 9:12 am

Love your outlook, I feel the same way as long as you get back on track the next day its all ok! Plus I have that black sweater, Express? I love it its so cute and comfy!

2 Sarah March 3, 2012 at 9:13 am

I completely agree with you. Last night my fiance introduced me to Thin Mint cookies dipped in peanut butter and Nutella. I consumed copious amounts!
Sarah recently posted..Kiss My Fannie, Fannie Mae

3 Katie March 3, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Can it be possible that this is good? I mean I love thin mints and I love peanut butter & nutella but the combination of all three????
Katie recently posted..6.2 on my 24th!

4 Jessica March 3, 2012 at 9:17 am

I completely agree with you and I’m so glad you are so real about it! All to often I beat myself over a splurge, but life goes on. :)

5 Tiffany March 3, 2012 at 9:18 am

thanks for being so real!! :) i absolutely love your blog and as sad it is to admit, i am always refreshing it for new posts during the weekdays while at work cause reading it will make the time go by just a liiiiiiitle faster :)

6 Jordan K March 3, 2012 at 9:18 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I actually had a similar experience last night! :-( But you certainly helped put things into a little more perspective for me first thing this morning! :-)

7 Carrie March 3, 2012 at 9:22 am

It’s good to let go every once in awhile- I always suggest one meal and the move on. Don’t let it keep continuing all day or all night which is hard because once you have a cheat meal it makes you immediately want more.
Carrie recently posted..Leg Day & Giving Back

8 Blog is the New Black March 3, 2012 at 9:32 am

Keeping it real is where it’s at, lady! ;)

9 Katie March 3, 2012 at 9:40 am

Keeping it real is much appreciated! One of many reasons why I love your blog. My last slip up? Chips and salsa (unintentionally) for dinner! But so yummy! :)
Katie recently posted..Not Fried Rice…Fried Quinoa!

10 rob fiasco March 3, 2012 at 9:40 am

i wouldn’t necessarily say “made a mistake”. cheat days are great! especially when you work so hard the rest of the time. every one deserves a little reward for their hard work. so maybe reward is a more positive word than mistake. :) have a great weekend!

11 Mandee March 3, 2012 at 9:57 am

I agree! It’s not a mistake, it’s just another part of life.
Mandee recently posted..Dark Chocolate Raspberry Kiss Cakes

12 Courtney March 3, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Agree with you guys 100%! I should have clarified…when I said everyone makes mistakes, I was talking more about life in general. I certainly don’t consider last night a “mistake” by any means! A little overindulgent, yes, but I had a great time so I’m not fretting about it. Life is too short! :)

13 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 3, 2012 at 10:00 am

Well said! :)

14 Sarah @ Practice Princess March 3, 2012 at 11:04 am

I agree – that doesn’t look like an awful lot of food or alcohol to me, nothing I would call an imperfection or slip up. Considering you eat healthy meals and work out a lot, Courtney, I would say it’s part of a normal balanced diet. I don’t like ‘mistake’ either as it implies guilt! I’m sure it we would quickly become pretty boring to our family and friends if we refused to ever indulge with them or relax our nutritional values a bit… I say enjoy yourself and plan to do it again once in a while. I don’t think balance has to be taken in the every day sense – sometimes it can be about balancing one or two days vs another. Overall, you’re very beautiful ;)
Sarah @ Practice Princess recently posted..10 Things I’m Grateful For

15 Courtney March 3, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Thank you, Sarah! I totally agree with you…it is absolutely about balance, and one night of a little extra indulging is nothing to get upset over. (Granted, I didn’t picture all FIVE of the beers I consumed, along with the extra french fries which really weren’t “necessary,” so it doesn’t look like as much as it was.) But either way, regardless of whether it was two beers or five, I don’t consider that a “mistake.” As I just mentioned above, I was talking more about how we all make mistakes in life in general – not trying to refer to last night as such. I don’t feel guilty about it – heck, I was happy to be out having a good time. :)

16 Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third March 3, 2012 at 9:43 am

My husband and I went out for a Happy Hour last night before going to a sushi restaurant. Welp, my wine had the same effect that your beer did…. I ordered way too much sushi and devoured it all.
Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third recently posted..My students think I’m an alien.

17 Laura March 3, 2012 at 9:52 am

I’ve been reading for a few months now & never commented, but I just wanted to say I really love your blog & the fact that you are “real” and honest is what I like. I had an “off” eating day yesterday as well — busy all day, running with my kids and work and not a lot of fresh stuff in the house leads to this! I started this morning with a green smoothie & am getting back on track. Also, I wanted to tell you that you have inspired me to work out at home and I’m feeling awesome. I have two small kids & a job and I have been wanting to work out but making so many excuses, esp. having no time and not being able to get to the gym. I ordered some jillian michaels dvds & am working out in my living room when my kids are sleeping – no excuses!!

18 Courtney March 3, 2012 at 5:15 pm

That’s great, Laura! The Jillian Michaels DVD’s are no joke! :)

19 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles March 3, 2012 at 9:58 am

It is so nice to hear that even the best of them have sip ups and not so stellar nights…. I have a hard time bouncing back from slip ups, I feel guilty f.o.r.e.v.e.r. about it! But since I’m not alone, I should just own it and go on. Great post and a great example for us all! HAPPY SATURDAY!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Grasshopper Pie…. that is healthy!

20 Leah March 3, 2012 at 10:01 am

I love your honesty! I never post, but you are my favorite blogger, and that is just another reason why. :)

21 Courtney March 3, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Thank you so much, Leah!!

22 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction March 3, 2012 at 10:22 am

I feel like I have some sort of slip up every weekend! It’s just so hard to hold back sometimes! Some weekends are worse than others!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Organization Techniques

23 Brittani March 3, 2012 at 11:34 am

Totally agree with this! But I try to tell myself that I am really good all week so 1 or 2 meals a week are not going to kill me!

24 Courtney March 3, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Exactly! It’s all about balance! :)

25 Brandi March 3, 2012 at 10:29 am

Again, this is why I read your blog. It’s real! I used to beat myself up pretty badly when I would slip, but have learned (sort of) not to do that. I am human and no that I am going to indulge. I find it difficult to not indulge when I am around my friends, especially if we are out to eat or at the movies.
I just get back on track!! It’s always a new day! :)

26 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life March 3, 2012 at 10:32 am

Anytime more than two beers in involved I can call it a slip up day. Those beers are usually followed by delicious, but not exactly healthy food. But that’s life! Take it how it comes and don’t regret eating because you know you wanted it at the time.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..A Few Changes

27 Olivia March 3, 2012 at 10:32 am

I love that you were honest about it. It’s no fun to read about someone who NEVER splurges, like we all do, and honestly I probably wouldn’t be interested in your blog if you never ate treats and stuff! The point of being healthy is so you can have em once in a while, without dying! Haha :) Loved this post, keep up the good work!
Olivia recently posted..Pizza & Ice Cream Night

28 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 3, 2012 at 10:37 am

Thank you, Courtney! I’ve been thinking of writing a post centered on my own personal “perfectionist tendancies” because I think it’s something a lot of bloggers struggle with. I know you were speaking specifically about eating habits, but remembering “nobody is perfect” in ALL realms of life is something I have to constantly remind myself of!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Food as a Reward

29 Courtney March 3, 2012 at 5:19 pm

That’s exactly what I was trying to say! We all have slip ups in life…we all make mistakes in life. What’s important to remember is that we’re not alone, and the best thing to do is just get right back on track!

30 Gabrielle March 3, 2012 at 10:43 am

Thank you so much for posting this! It is so hard to read some of the healthy blogs sometimes because, you feel like a failure when you fall off the wagon for the day. But now I feel like I too can continue to maintain my weight even if I have one bad day because as you say “Nobody’s Perfect”! so Thank you again!

31 Mindy March 3, 2012 at 10:49 am

I’m on Spring Break and haven’t beaten myself up for digging into the chocolate chip caramel bars after dinner. We all need to live a little!!
Mindy recently posted..Lately

32 Linda March 3, 2012 at 10:59 am

Thank you for the way you keep it real Courtney! I had a little too much the other night but you know even having a little too much NOW is far and away how I used to eat DAILY!

Love your blog!!

33 Melissa March 3, 2012 at 11:02 am

You know what? I think that sometimes you need a night like that to just let go and really enjoy yourself. I’m willing to bet that every last bite and sip was delicious!
Melissa recently posted..Fight or Flight

34 Courtney March 3, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Oh girl, it totally was! ;)

35 Cindy March 3, 2012 at 11:03 am

Thank you so much for writing this post! I had a similar situation last night where I just wanted to eat everything in sight–I was a bottomless pit! And isn’t always for the less-than healthy foods? I got up this morning and tried to forget about it and just start back off on a healthy foot–doing great so far! :)
Cindy recently posted..Bullfighting in Spain

36 Shana March 3, 2012 at 11:08 am

Can I just say thank you for not being perfect? In a totally non-stalkerish way, I remind myself of your blog when I start to feel unnecessarily guilty for over-indulging. Its so great to see such a beautiful person eat real food and maintain a balance of healthy choices and occasional treats.
Shana recently posted..Clean Eating

37 Courtney March 3, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Haha, you’re very welcome, Shana ;)

38 Marie March 3, 2012 at 11:15 am

This was another great post. We are trying harder this year to eat clean. We have in the past, so much so that my husband was able to lower his cholesterol (hereditary) and get off his meds, something his docter said he wiuldn’t be able to do even with a diet change. I have to admit, it was a slow process. We were still not eating as clean as we are now but last year we slipped up and just got worse with eating and reigned it back in this year and are doing so well. I was telling me about your Mexico trip and not sure I’d eat that well given a buffet-style…that I may never be able to eat like a healthy living blogger intuitively…but this gives me hope that I still can get go that point. The point where I can mostly crave healthy, clean eats, but still have treats and cheats here and there and be fine. I think the main reason we slipped back last year was because I just got tired o calorie counting and restricting. I let all that go this year, am eating well, am not starving and restricting, and feel great!

39 Marie March 3, 2012 at 11:19 am

Oops, I was telling my husband about your trip. Haha, I don’t talk to myself…not like that anyway. Hah!

40 Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp March 3, 2012 at 11:15 am

It happens to the best of us! No point in stressing about what’s already done. New day and new choices. :)
Lauren @ Call Me Mrs. Rapp recently posted..On-The-Go Circuit Workout

41 Maggie @ Running on Fro-Yo March 3, 2012 at 11:26 am

I am SO SO SO happy you posted this! I know I’ll be having a few of these nights this upcoming week because I’m going on vacation and I want to remember that a few days aren’t going to ruin anything! I love how real and honest you were in this post :D I definitely completely understand the feeling!
Maggie @ Running on Fro-Yo recently posted..WIAW Goes Green!

42 Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife March 3, 2012 at 11:30 am

Way to keep it real! Also I hope this doesn’t sound creepy but I just have to comment at how ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS your mom is! Seriously, what a beautiful lady!
Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife recently posted..Freedom Friday

43 Courtney March 3, 2012 at 5:33 pm

She is, isn’t she? :)
Thanks, Lauren!

44 Elizabeth March 3, 2012 at 11:37 am

Thanks for writing that post. I definitely feel when I slip up that I’m the only one, but seeing that someone who is a great role model nutrition-wise does too really makes you more relatable. And you still look great, so obviously the occasional slip up doesn’t do that much harm!

45 Melanie March 3, 2012 at 11:51 am

Love this post. You are 100% right, “no one is perfect.” My last slip up involved a spoon and a jar of peanut butter. Whoops!
Melanie recently posted..My Feel Good Workout Gear

46 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] March 3, 2012 at 11:58 am

I binged on homemade granola and chocolate chips last night… it happens!! Today’s a NEW day!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..60-minute {LIFT to FIT} workout.

47 Casey @ OatsAndNanners March 3, 2012 at 12:09 pm

This post was perfect!! My slip up moment was actually last night — dinner (indian food), dessert (carrot cake), drinks (close to an entire bottle of wine + beer)… but at the end of the day, did I have a good time with friends? Definitely! Back on the wagon today!
Casey @ OatsAndNanners recently posted..BEST OF – Cabo, Part II

48 Aska March 3, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Courtney, I’m so glad you posted this. I had a rough day yesterday and ate waay too much. When it comes to dealing with the guilt the next day, it’s all up to our attitude towards it and like you, I’m not sweating it too badly. My girlfriends and I always tell each other, “one night of bad eating isn’t going to kill you.” Sometimes you need to indulge and just have a care-free night! As for handling my slip-up, I did yoga this morning and felt better immediately. Also, another thing my good friend and I tell each other is “everyday is a new day” in order to try to avoid dwelling on the past. I hope you have a wonderful day today!

49 Molly March 3, 2012 at 12:28 pm

You’re so right! Thank you for sharing. When I get really stressed with school, I tend to slip up. I have lots of exams coming up, so last night I too slipped up. I managed to eat a TON of smarties AND a chocolate muffin…ugh, and the sugar crash was bad. But this morning I had a nice/sweaty workout and I’m getting back on track. :)

50 Courtney March 3, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Courtney, I love this post. I always feel so guilty after an overindulgence and it takes away any fun memories that I should be focused on. Too often I find myself stressing over eating the frosting off of 3 cupcakes at a party when I should be relishing in moment of celebrating a friends birthday. I’m really working on finding balance and learning to stay calm, be present in the moment, and move forward. You are an inspiration!
Courtney recently posted..Where to even begin…

51 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 3, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Yah, we all have slip ups, were only human. Same thing happens to me. It’s about life and realizing we slip up is a good thing because the next day we can be bettter. Life wouldn’t be life without indulgences. Just enjoy them and move on. Have a great weekend.
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Peach Pancakes

52 Courtney March 3, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Thanks Jennifer, you too!

53 Valerie @ FreshMutz March 3, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Thank you so much for the honesty. Sometimes you read these blogs and can’t help but think “damn, they’re perfect all the time while I can’t kick the sinful snack attacks.” I would say a few times a month I eat a bit more or or drink a bit more than I should have. Oh well. Ish happens.
Valerie @ FreshMutz recently posted..What I’m Loving Right Now: Polyvore

54 Paige @ Running Around Normal March 3, 2012 at 12:56 pm

That sounds like one fun mistake to me! ;)
My Friday night tends to look this way most weekends!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..What Started As a Fling…

55 Hayley March 3, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Exactly – it disturbs me that so many people see this as a “slip-up” – it’s called enjoying yourself!

56 Courtney March 3, 2012 at 5:46 pm

You guys are right – I was totally not trying to refer to last night as a mistake – not one bit! Rather, I was just trying to say that in life, in general, nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes. Granted, I didn’t necessarily need 5 beers and half of a second order of french fries, but it is what it is, right? Plus, I had one heck of a fun night :)

57 Megan March 3, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I often beat myself up about eating too much. Especially since I am studying nutrition at the moment. This post put a smile on my face because I know you are right. Thank you for reminding me that it’s okay to be normal, perfect is too hard anyways.

58 Amanda March 3, 2012 at 1:16 pm

After reading your post and the rest of these comments, it’s evident that drinking/eating this way is not our “normal”, but it is normal for us all to have splurge nights like that! I definitely have one about once a week or so and it helps to remind myself that it won’t kill me/ruin my health lifestyle and I should just enjoy it!

59 Michelle (Better with Berries) March 3, 2012 at 1:43 pm

You’re so right – we all have those kinds of days/nights (or even weeks!) when we over-indulge. I always just view it as a lesson to myself that it’s not a good thing to do all the time (since I feel like crap afterward) instead of beating myself up about it. And hey, you enjoyed your evening, right? That’s what matters :-)

P.S. Love that striped shirt!
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..March Goals

60 Courtney March 3, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I sure did!
And thanks on the shirt – it’s from Old Navy!

61 Khushboo March 3, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Love how real you keep it on STSL, Courtney! Whenever I “slip up”, the first question I ask myself is whether I enjoyed it….that usually puts it into perspective!
Khushboo recently posted..Carrot cake craving

62 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 3, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Ummm… AMEN. That is all. :)
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..A Day in the Life

63 Cait March 3, 2012 at 2:12 pm

love your honesty! today’s a new day as well!

64 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats March 3, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Love the honesty! My last slip up moments happened over the last couple of days. I discovered this thing called gelato at Whole Foods plus way too many spoonfuls of peanut butter!
Abby @ Abz ‘n’ Oats recently posted..my own space (live fit day 5)

65 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 3, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I had about a week of crappy eating, while we were in the process of moving down south a couple of weeks ago. I felt out-of-wack, but I also knew it was just a part of life. Since being in Atlanta for a week now, I’m starting to feel normal again! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Carbonara Craziness.

66 Hiba March 3, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for a while, but this is my first time commenting. I’m so glad you posted this! I’m a college student, so there are definitely times that I have “bad” nights in terms of eating, or heck even bad weeks (finals ugh). Sometimes it’s hard to bounce back without feeling guilty at myself!
Do you have any tips for living a healthy lifestyle while drinking? I find that’s the hardest for me.

67 Courtney March 3, 2012 at 5:50 pm

I definitely think it’s important to have some good snacks on hand. I know for me, when I have had a night out drinking, I just want to snack when I get home. If you make sure you have something ready on hand, then you won’t set yourself up for a major booze binge, haha!
If not…just enjoy the night and get back on track the next day :)

68 Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 3, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Yep–keep it real :) Life is LIFE, and is meant to be enjoyed–so good for you for recognizing that and just picking right up where you were before.

CUTE outfit!!
Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..Whole Wheat Pancakes

69 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy March 3, 2012 at 4:15 pm

On Tuesday, my coworkers, boss and I went to happy hour for a work party. They (literally) had no healthy options, so I ate fries and a (somewhat greasy) chicken sandwich. I didn’t feel my best afterwards, but I’m not going exercise for hours or cry about it! It happens!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..WIAW: Week 1 Lent Recap

70 Liz @ Tip Top Shape March 3, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Those fries look amazing!!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Curry-Roasted Cauliflower

71 Dena @ 40 Fit In The Mitt March 3, 2012 at 4:23 pm

I had a late night chicken nacho last night, but I thought “It’s Friday Night”. Stuff like this keeps life fun!
Dena @ 40 Fit In The Mitt recently posted..Pancakes or Eggs

72 Lindsay A March 3, 2012 at 4:38 pm

I’m glad to see a blogger “being real” about stuff. Let’s face it, we don’t and can’t always eat healthy. Where’s the fun in that? And I don’t even think it is a mistake sometimes. Who said eating fries and beers is “wrong”? It’s not! Everything in moderation. I think we all know you eat healthy almost all the time so i don’t see last night as a mistake, but simply, you eating. No harm in that.

73 Courtney March 3, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I totally agree, Lindsay. As I’ve said a few times above, I certainly was not trying to imply that last night was a “mistake” by any means! Rather, I was just trying to say that in life, in general, we all make mistakes and nobody is perfect. I love me some fries and beers (granted, I don’t know if I needed five beers last night) but I enjoyed them, and I enjoyed myself. And, just as you said, there’s no harm in that :)

74 Anya March 3, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Loved this post! I had WAY more than my fair share of Pop Tarts last night (my roommate loves them and I seem to have developed an affinity for them as well) and this was just what I needed to hear.

75 Erin March 3, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I just figure I know the next day I’ll be right back on track. I wonder if it like jump starts your metabolism to eat differently here and there. I heard on The Biggest Loser the contestants eat a high calorie meal right after the weigh in!

76 Alaina March 3, 2012 at 6:11 pm

This sounds like my kind of night! I love raisinets! :-)

This past Thursday my husband and I went out to dinner and we got everything: appetizer, wine, entree and a rich chocolate dessert. I was stuffed beyond my pants. And it was so good.
Alaina recently posted..The Second of March

77 Bingles March 3, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Hi Courtney!

im a long time reader and first time commenter- i just want to say thank you for being you- an HONEST blogger. it really gets me when bloggers take photos and pretend its theirs, or use tiny bowls fooling their readers- or even claiming they never calorie count only to be found out they have food journals all over the internet.

thank you for being honest. truly.

78 *Andrea* March 3, 2012 at 10:25 pm

thanks for sharing!!! sometimes i think it’s completely necessary to eat beyond the typical level of satisfied. sometimes it what the soul needs :)

79 Kathryn L March 3, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Everything in moderation, including moderation! :) Sometimes those days just happen!

80 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 4, 2012 at 12:05 am

I feel like I’ve had a lot of those lately. Not so much slip ups, but just where I’m struggling to cut back on my sugar intake and therefore feel like i’m consuming more than I should or need to….
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..What would YOU do?

81 michelle kim March 4, 2012 at 1:38 am

Thank you so much for your honesty! I truly appreciate it!
I feel as if I had one of those nights because I have a race in the morning (haha, even though it’s only a 10K and doesn’t require as much fueling) and I gave myself some more freedom to chow down on street tacos, chips, and salsa.
This post could not have come at a better time. I was starting to feel a little blue, but you made me realize that it happens sometimes, and I just need to get back on track with my next meal.
michelle kim recently posted..Tracking Your Progress

82 Janelle March 4, 2012 at 2:32 am

I was reading this while eating cookie dough out of the bowl! Love your blog! Thanks for always being honest.

83 Jane {In the Pink and Green} March 4, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Umm Raisinettes are the BEST candy ever…I have zero self control when it comes to them! And I can totally relate to this post, sometimes you have those days where you overindulge, but if you’re being healthy the rest of the time I think it all balances out :) And I also totally fall asleep whenever we go to the theater to see a movie my husband picks out, so I’m glad I’m not alone there either! :)

84 Amanda March 4, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Oh man does this hit home! Just this Friday! I bought $10 worth of chocolate at a candy store during an emotionally weak/stressed/starving/exhausted moment and proceeded to chow down on all of it during my hour-long-stuck-in-traffic drive home. I felt terrible about and also had a terrible stomach ache. But, I decided that it is bound to happen every now and then and decided to just move on with life! So glad to hear that there are others who aren’t perfect!
Amanda recently posted..Not My Finest Hour

85 Karleen March 4, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Thank you for being honest with us Courtney!! I have one too many of these nights where I have a “food hangover” the next morning! omg!! but you know that’s it not often and you had a great time! Thanks for sharing:)

86 Jill March 5, 2012 at 9:36 am

This is exactly what i needed to hear…. my town had its annual st patricks day parade yesterday and i def. went overboard…. so i am back on track today… a big thank you for posting this !!!

87 JN March 5, 2012 at 10:17 am

Thanks for keeping it real, Courtney :)

88 Katy @ HaveYouHurd March 5, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I wouldn’t consider your meal a “mistake”! To me, that implies you’ve done something wrong. I think we all need a break from complete healthiness in order to keep us sane. I usually feel the same way you do though after I have those meals…while I’m eating it I’m SUPER happy but after I eat it I think “oh now I remember why I don’t eat like that!” I consider it a small reminder of why eating healthy is overall the way to go!

89 Courtney March 5, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I totally agree with you, Katie. I actually addresses that a few times above here in the comments section because I wasn’t trying to imply that the meal was a “mistake.” I was talking more about how in life, in general, people make mistakes, we slip up, we overindulge..whatever it may be. Just do it, enjoy it, and move on, right? All about the balance :)

90 Tina @ Best Body Fitness March 6, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I have been meaning to comment on this post for forever…but then the explosion that is bootcamp happened. I’m finally recovered and caught up so had to pop in on this post to say you rock! And you know I have my moments like that too. All we can do is pick up, chalk it up to a time to let loose, and move on. :)
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Starting the Day Off Right

91 Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds April 19, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Gosh… your mama is so beautiful! You look just like her :) I want your burger & fries… GAH… I miss American food!

92 Amy October 26, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I know this post is from a really long time ago, but I am new to your blog so I have been reading random ones. Anyways, this post is amazing and this comment (I’m sharing it because it’s a great reminder of the fact that…Nobody is perfect. We all slip up. We all make mistakes. We all have days where we eat way more than we should or have a couple extra drinks that we know we shouldn’t. We’re human…it happens) was so, so well spoken and a great reminder to me!

Thank You, Thank You!