25 Minute Full Body Blast (No Weights!)

by Courtney on March 5, 2012

Man, I’ll tell ya…snacky “breakfasts” just don’t cut it for me. Not being able to sit down for a real meal this morning really had me thrown off, and despite my snacking all throughout the morning, my appetite was through the roof by the time 12:00 rolled around.

Bring on lunch, baby!

To try to add in some extra veggies for the day, I made myself a simple little side salad with lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers, topped with a drizzle of sun-dried tomato vinaigrette. I was super annoyed with myself when I realized that I bought the wrong bag of lettuce this week (it’s full of cabbage and carrots, blech) so I’m trying to work through it quickly.

My salad was the perfect accompaniment to the main star of lunch: an egg white, provolone, and turkey sandwich with roasted red pepper hummus on a toasted whole wheat English muffin.

This sandwich was massive, not to mention fantastic. I seasoned my egg whites and turkey with just a little salt, pepper, and dried basil, and it was perfect.

I really do love savory egg sandwiches for lunch. Heck, who am I kidding. I love any kind of egg sandwiches for lunch…or breakfast…or dinner. Winking smile

*****

So I’m headed back out to work again this afternoon,  but I wanted to share a new workout for you guys to try out!

Lately, when I’ve been doing my group sessions at work, I’ve been doing a few different variations on the format you’ll see in today’s workout. These group sessions are only 30 minutes, so I want to make sure that I give the clients the most “bang for the buck” while they’re with me.

Sometimes, depending on the time of day, it can be tough to get on some of the equipment, so here’s a sample of a full body blast workout for ya that can be done anywhere…it’s bodyweight only!

25 minute full body blast
Pin It

Although I rotate the exercises quite frequently, I almost always try to include some sort of speed & agility work, plyometric movements, strength moves, and core work, to give a well-rounded, sweat-inducing workout session. My clients are usually left nice and sweaty.

Some of the moves are pretty self-explanatory, but here are some links on a few of the other exercises that I thought some of you may be unsure of:

Alright, so who’s ready to get their sweat on now??? Smile

1 Abby Anderson March 5, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I make this sandwich all the time! My favorite!

2 chelcie @ chelcie's food files March 5, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I am with you on the egg sandwiches..I could eat eggs for every meal! Thank you so much for sharing this work out I’m going to try it out today!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..I need your help!

3 Annie March 5, 2012 at 2:10 pm

That workout looks great! I currently am out of a gym membership, so it’ll be perfect for me to do for my next ST. Thanks for sharing!

4 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life March 5, 2012 at 2:25 pm

I almost always prefer a sweet breakfast, so egg sandwiches for lunch is one of my favorites! Gotta sneak in those savory eggs somewhere. I still want to try French toast oatmeal though!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Gymnastics, and Cheerleading, and…Art? Oh My!

5 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List March 5, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Just pinned it!! Can’t wait to give it a go, Courtney!
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..henry and the case of the shrieking eels – vlog

6 janetha March 5, 2012 at 2:55 pm

great workout! love that it can be done anywhere.
janetha recently posted..weekend things.

7 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 5, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I need to save this post, because these exercises would be AWESOME to do while I’m living in this hotel room! ;) Thanks for sharing!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Shin Splints Stink.

8 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 6, 2012 at 8:25 am

Hey Courtney … I just did this workout this morning. Yow-za! It kicked my behind! I had to take a few more breaks (don’t judge haha! ;) ), but other than that, I think I did a pretty good job! Thanks for the great idea! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Shin Splints Stink.

9 Courtney March 6, 2012 at 10:21 am

YAY!! You are very welcome! :)

10 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 5, 2012 at 3:20 pm

looks like another great workout!! squat jumps and fast feet always kill me, in a bittersweet kind of way though. ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Some Cool Stuff!

11 Erin March 5, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Mmmm, egg sandwiches. Yum!

I’ve been leading some coworkers in 30 minute strength training sessions (used your SuperSet workout today, thanks!) but they are all at the stage where they can barely do one push-up with good form. I know push-ups are great for strength training I’m not sure what to do when you have people who can’t even do one!
Erin recently posted..Weekend Workouts

12 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 5, 2012 at 4:15 pm

I’ve never tried an english muffin egg sandwich with hummus – good idea!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Delicious and Nutritious Sweet Potato Enchiladas

13 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean March 5, 2012 at 4:35 pm

looks great court! much easier to read!
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..SRC: Layered Chocolate Banana Muffins

14 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction March 5, 2012 at 4:57 pm

I love workouts that don’t involve weights or machines, but still allow you to get your sweat on!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Chobani Yogurt Banana Bread

15 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness March 5, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Your meal looks amazing! As usual. I love workouts that are weight free 1) because I can never find weights at my gym and 2) because it reminds me of yoga! Thanks for sharing.
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..The Menu Board is Back: Menu Planning 101

16 Carrie Purchase@MyHealthyAddictions March 5, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I love eggs & toast- It’s always a weekend breakfast for me! I just made my own hummus, Im hoping to use it in a sandwhich tonight! :)
Carrie Purchase@MyHealthyAddictions recently posted..Sunday Recap

17 Luttchie March 5, 2012 at 7:22 pm

This is really double purpose because you are staying fit and at the same time you are eating deliciously healthy too…
Luttchie recently posted..Condo in Parc Rosewood Singapore

18 Catherine March 5, 2012 at 7:56 pm

New to your blog and love it! Just did this workout at home since I couldn’t make it to the gym today- def. sweating!! :) Thanks for a great workout! I look forward to reading your blog for a long time!!!

19 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter March 5, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I love the tabata style workouts! This is a really great workout. :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Hulu, new shoes, and my lil man

20 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection March 5, 2012 at 9:43 pm

I honestly cannot wait to try out that workout!
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..The Benefits of Eating…Clementines!

21 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 5, 2012 at 11:38 pm

I’m pretttttty sure you’re turning into Jillian Michaels!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..A Few Things

22 Khushboo March 5, 2012 at 11:47 pm

This workout couldn’t have come at a better time- I’m travelling this week and not sure of my gym options- love that I can do this while everyone is still asleep!
Khushboo recently posted..Body For Life: The Eats

23 Jen March 6, 2012 at 5:50 am

Thanks for posting these workouts – this one was just what I needed this morning!

24 Erin @ EatRunWrite March 6, 2012 at 6:24 am

I am ALWAYS ready to get my sweat on, however I usually prefer it to be doing something unmentionable! (more fun, right?!)

Seriously though, great idea for a workout, thanks :)
Erin @ EatRunWrite recently posted..Nonstop weekend

25 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 6, 2012 at 7:35 am

Love the workout!! I’m going to print it up, so I can do it later today! I’m also not into snacky breakfast’s, they don’t keep me filled!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Tuna Melt

26 Alaina March 6, 2012 at 9:55 am

Just did this workout! Loved it!! :-)

27 Courtney March 6, 2012 at 10:18 am

Awesome!!!

28 Katie @ Plates and Paste March 6, 2012 at 11:20 am

Awesome! Thanks for the workout post…I love doing bodyweight workouts and am def doing this one after work today :)

29 Melissa @ Some Sugar Added March 7, 2012 at 7:50 am

I was literally just trying to come up with a quick, sweaty, full body workout I could do at home with no machines or weights when I read this – perfect timing!! Thanks for sharing! :)
Melissa @ Some Sugar Added recently posted..It’s All About the Vinegar

30 Thrixxie March 13, 2012 at 3:10 am

healthy eating is a key to a beautiful and longer life…I agree that it can make you fit too…
Thrixxie recently posted..movers Alexandria

31 procedure codes March 13, 2012 at 7:07 am

I agreed with Thrixxie. Thank You!
procedure codes recently posted..Procedure Codes

32 Katia May 14, 2012 at 9:52 am

Thankyou SO much for posting these circuits. I’m trying to lose a big amount of weight & after a year of only cardio work I did this circuit for the first time last week. It kicked my butt & I was sore for 4 days ;) But I’m not going to let it beat me and will be doing it again tonight.
Katia recently posted..bear’s garlic spring chicken burger

33 new launch singapore July 28, 2013 at 3:02 am

Just like what you have mentioned, the most important attribute in realty is the location, convenience and value. For these reasons, i would recommend that serious purchasers consider condominium in Bright Hill Drive Condo