Full Of Tangents, Take 8

When it came time to put together a post this afternoon, my mind was running a mile a minute. I felt like I had a bunch of different little things to share with you all, so ya know what that means…

Full of Tangents, Take 8!

(You can read Tangents Take 1, Take 2,Take 3, Take 4, Take 5, Take 6, and Take 7 if you’re bored and feel like it).

• This morning was Day 2 of Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp and I’m already loving it. Seriously, not having to put much thought into my own workouts right now is just what I needed. Today’s workout called for cardio; Tina left the details pretty broad, which I liked, so going off of what she prescribed, I put together this sweaty little routine:

50 minute sweaty treadmill workout
Pin It

It’s been a while since I did cardio for more than 30 minutes but this routine actually went by pretty quick, thanks to a great playlist and having The View on in the background (what can I say, watching those ladies bicker cracks me up).

• This morning, I cried my eyes out…thanks to these freakin’ onions. Good lord were these babies potent!

• Want to know WHY I was chopping up onions at 8:00am this morning? Well, it’s because I was making a big ‘ol batch of Veggie Stew.

I came across this recipe on Real Simple a few days ago, picked up the ingredients at the store over the weekend, and finally got around to making it today.

However, if you ask Lindsay about it, she’ll tell you that the process for me making this was not as easy as it seems…

twitter

It took me a good 30 minutes to realize where I initially saw this darn recipe. I thought I was losing my mind.

• My cat is not only a whacko, but I’m convinced he’s also a freak of nature.

I’ve been exposed to cats all of my life, and never have I EVER had a cat that sheds as much as Cody does. Jay usually combs him out at least once a day…this is what he got from him last night.

Resampled952012-03-059518-38-0995241

And, believe it or not, the fur ball does still have hair on him. Oy vey.

• And finally, I’ve been meaning to mention this for over a week, but on our last day in Mexico, I happened to make a fun little last minute purchase.

I forget who it was, but somebody had mentioned that I MUST try to get my hands on some Mexican Vanilla while I was down there, so as soon as I saw a display of these, I made sure to grab one.

Has anyone else ever used Mexican vanilla? Is it that much different? Are there any super cool recipes I should try it in?

Alright, that’s all I’ve got for today. Now I’ll be heading off to work shortly for a busy evening shift. Catch ya later, gators!

Comments

looks like a great treadmill workout! i skipped my usual tuesday spin class this morning with the agreement that i would do some cardio on the treadmill later today… i’m thinking this will be the perfect workout for it! ;)
    i LOVE mexican vanilla. i mostly have found that it is just a little richer and sweeter, so you don’t have to use quite as much of it as you would normal vanilla. other than that, the taste isn’t a whole lot different (in my opinion!).
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Looking Back…

Great workout- it’s been about 2 months since I spent over 30 mins on the treadmill…I don’t know how I used to run for over an hour on that darn thing! This workout looks like a great boredom buster!
    Khushboo recently posted..Body For Life: The Eats

3. Whitney says

I am not ashamed to say that I DVR The View everyday and watch it after work. I consider it my news/entertainment source since I don’t read the paper! haaa :)

4. Traci says

Mexican vanilla seems a bit stronger and a little sweeter than regular vanilla (the kind I tried from Mexico anyway). That stew looks great!

5. Laurie says

Mexican vanilla is amazing!! Use it in all baked goods, but it is especially good in hot chocolate or coffee. You will not be disappointed with that purchase!

6. Amanda says

Oh man mexican vanilla is where it’s at! The flavor is more distinct and I find myself craving it!

I love Mexican Vanilla. When I go there on vacation, I buy it in the 1L container so it lasts a long time. It is much sweeter. They usually recommend cutting the vanilla by half. You can also get clear Mexican vanilla so it does not change the color of your food (specifically, white cookies). It is great for baking and making whipped cream. I also love Mexican cinnamon which is very hard to find there but I just find someone who is fluent in both languages and they ask around for me.

8. Alycia says

I like the tangents posts because that is completely how my mind works! There is always so much floating around my head and it has to come out somehow!

Oh my goodness, my cat Stuart sheds so much. And for whatever reason, he is also the cat that everyone and their mother are allergic to – even if they aren’t allergic to most cats! I bought that furminator thing, but he refuses to let me use it. He keeps attacking it like a toy. Ridiculous.
    Kim recently posted..Stuart.

Furminators are awesome! I used to work at PetSmart and you would not believe how fast those things flew off the shelf! We had a promotional video of someone brushing a German Shepard and the pile of hair at the end is as big as the dog. Ridiculous. My cats have been shedding like crazy this especially this year. I think since the weather’s been so mild they’ve just been in shed-mode nonstop. I have to keep a lint roller in my car so I don’t leave the house with a layer of fur on me!

11. Jen O. says

Haha. Love your tangents. I work at a spice store and we sell regular vanilla and Mexican. The Mexican basically tastes like your normal kind but it’s definitely more potent. We suggest people use it in richer desserts, things with darker chocolates. Also, some people like to throw it in their coffee/tea or liqueurs in fact. Good luck. Hope you like it!

12. Amanda says

I made your low-fat mac and cheese with chicken and tomato tonight – totally delicious! Thanks for a great, healthy recipe :)

I used the last of my Mexican Vanilla tonight! lucky for me…we’re off to Cabo on Saturday, otherwise I might have had to book a trip! :) I prefer to use it in everything. the flavor is awesome. people always comment when I add it to my vanilla buttercream
    alex recently posted..Peanut Butter Cheerios Treats

14. Crystal C. @cuppycakefreak says

Oh ya you did get the mexican vanilla!!! I know I sent you a tweet saying you need to get some while you were there. Not sure if other people did too but I will totally take the credit HAHA!!! I have been using mexican vanilla for years and I love it. I use it in everything. It is the only vanilla I use so anything I bake, french toast or anything else you can come up with. The other people I know that use it swear by it also. I am almost out of my stash so it’s time to plan another trip to Cabo!!! Whenever I have family that goes down to mexico I always have them bring some back for me! I hope you like it! :)

• Courtney says

YES! That’s right…it WAS YOU, Crystal! Thanks so much – I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m sure it’s just a matter of time. I may have to try it in my coffee like some people have been saying?!

• Crystal @cuppycakefreak says

I know some people that do put it in their coffee BUT I am not a coffee drinker (criminal I know!) but it is awesome in hot cocoa! Once you do use it you will have to blog about it and let us know if you can tell a difference. As soon as I started using mexican vanilla I could tell a difference. Hope you are having a great day! :)

15. Julie says

My mom has purchased Mexican vanilla in the past and it is AMAZING! Perfect for baking sweets as I believe others have already told you. :)

Trackbacks