You Know What?

My husband is pretty darn sneaky.

He often claims that he “can’t cook,” yet every once in a while, he comes out of nowhere and blows me away with an awesome dinner. This year’s Birthday Dinner comes to mind, featuring his signature garlic green beans. Oh, and then there was last year’s incredible Birthday Dinner, which I really need to have again ASAP. Plus, his status as Grill Master still holds true up in here, and his ability to make magazine-worthy grill marks never ceases to amaze me.

Well last night, he came out of nowhere again, and I was greeted with a fabulously prepared dinner right upon walking through the door from work. How fantabulous is that?!?

On the menu: Italian-marinated pork tenderloin (pre-marinated from the store) which was so incredibly tender and flavorful that I think I need to go back and buy a couple more this week to store in the freezer (they’re on sale at Price Chopper, FYI!).

On the side, he oven roasted some garlic-rubbed mini sweet potatoes and made another batch of his signature garlic green beans.

Can you tell we like garlic in this house?

Everything tasted absolutely perfect, and it was SO nice to just be able to come home to a home cooked meal. Thanks again, Chef Horan. Keep this up and I’m going to pass on my chef hat to you. Winking smile

*****

Breakfast

I woke up with a grumbling tummy so I decided to go for breakfast first, workout second.

We stocked up again on fresh berries at the store this weekend, so I couldn’t help but make another batch of Mixed Berry French Toast Oatmeal, topped with Sweet Cranberry Pecan granola.

Today’s breakfast was SO much better than yesterday’s mish-mash of stuff. So voluminous, fresh, and flavorful. YUM!

It totally hit the spot.

Time to get goin’ on that whole productive thing. But before I go…

Some Extra Reading Material For Today

Question for the Morning:

Are there any things that your significant other does now and then that surprise you and wish he/she’d do more often?

Comments

1. Kristen R. says

How funny, minus the green beans we had the exact same thing for dinner! It was pretty darn tasty!

Buy me Starbucks! haha. But really, when I have had a long/bad day he knows it cheers me up and has either brought it into work for me or ran out “to get gas” and brought me home one :)
    Lindsey recently posted..Treadmill Running

3. Julie says

The green beans look awesome. I bet it was so nice to have dinner all ready. Can you share his recipe?

• Courtney says

I’m pretty sure all he does is mince some fresh garlic, and saute it with some finely diced onion in a little bit of EVOO. Then he adds the green beans (which are already cooked and blanched in ice water) and sprays them with some spray butter while they continue to cook up. Quick and easy!

looks like a tasty dinner! my husband totally surprised me when he made an amazing chicken marsala dish for valentine’s day. he is FAR from a cook, so when i took a bite and it tasted incredible, i was in shock! i think he has more cooking skills than he realizes. ;)
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Looking Back…

Wow, that’s impressive! Cooking is one thing that my husband NEVER does haha. But that’s OK, because he does plenty of other sweet things. I always appreciate when he helps me clean up after a meal! He also sometimes sends me these incredibly sweet text messages. They mean so much, and I always save them! ;)
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Shin Splints Stink.

I love those pork loins. We always wait for a good sale on them though… Do you know if they can be frozen with the marinade in the package? I assume you can but for some reason I’ve never tried!

As for my husband, I love it when he folds the laundry. I don’t know why but it just feels like a huge treat!
    Carolyn recently posted..Taking A Step Back

7. Annie says

Your meal looks delicious!!! (I’m currently on a pork kick, so it looks extra good to me now)

I discovered recently that Hubby is actually great at running. He’s more of a cyclist and never liked running at all (I think windsprints in Little League traumatized him), until we got him outfitted in proper shoes and such. Now, we’ll be hiking and then suddenly he’ll take off like the wind with me huffing to catch up! (Speed training, anyone?) As a runner, I wish and I wish and I wish that he’d run more regularly, but maybe for more selfish reasons – like he’d make *me* a faster runner. Muaaahaaahaaa!

my husband is a super good cleaner…but only sometimes when he is in the mood!
    When he is asked to clean he does a great job but often i have to pester until things get done, but every now and then I come home to an ultra clean area and I am like “holy shmoly where did this man come from!” LOVE those days :-)
    Dinner looks absolutely amazing btw! I love the pre-marinated tenderloins! and any form of sweet potato is my favorite side :-)
    CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com recently posted..There Are Only Reservations For Two!

9. Corinne says

I made pork for the fiancé and salmon for myself last night with sweet taters and beans too! Weird!
    My fiancé makes a mean spicy sausage lasagna, coming from Ireland it’s pretty impressive he can make an amazon Italian dinner!
    Corinne recently posted..Tankful for Turkey

This will probably make me sound like a total goober but everyday I am surprised how there’s nothing that my husband can’t do well. However, I can’t remember the last time he surprised me with a full dinner. I guess I’ll have to drop a few hints. Kudos to Chef Horan. The meal looks scrumptious!
    Valerie @ FreshMutz recently posted..Weekend Recap: Sofa King Sleepy

• Courtney says

We usually do the oven (they are much better, I agree!) but if we’re pressed for time we do microwave. These potatoes are so tiny though, that they only take about 30 mins in the oven. They’re great!

What a wonderful husband you have!! I can’t wait to move in with my fiance so he can try and impress me with his cooking skills. :)