Quads On FIYAH!

Hey friends! How’s everyone’s Wednesday going so far?

I just finished up my shift at work and am so happy to have the rest of the day off. I don’t know what it’s like where you are, but it is absolutely gorgeous outside here today! Aaaaand it’s totally making me want to go out and get an ice cream cone…just sayin’.

***

So this morning, I had an early Tabata class to teach (two people today – better than nothing) so I figured I’d just do my workout for the day right afterward. Today was Day 3 of Bootcamp and let me just say…

HOLY CRAP.

Between the Tabata classes I’ve been teaching, and days 1 and 2 (and now 3) of bootcamp, my quads are literally on FIYAAHHH!

My Day 3 workout consisted of some cardio + “Workout B” from Tina’s plan, and today’s moves were quite challenging, especially this bad boy…the one-leg sit and stand.

source

Burning. Lots of it. Right from the get-go. Good lord.

By the time I was finished up with today’s circuit, my arms and legs felt like jell-o, so I followed up with an easy 20 minutes on the elliptical and called it a day. Whew.

Breakfast

Today was a longer morning shift, so I made sure to bring some breakfast with me.

Nothin’ like a good, old fashioned Yogurt Mess to start the day off right! Filled up with…

Absolutely delicious.

Mid morning, I also snacked on a honey graham Clif Z Bar (I really need to find the Iced Oatmeal Cookie again!) and half of a banana (I had the other half before work this morning), but they went undocumented.

Lunch

By the time I got home from work, my tummy was a-rumblin, so I was ready to get down to business with some lunch. Thankfully, it took less than five minutes to get from fridge to table.

I filled up a bowl full of fresh spinach and topped it with some heated up Vegetable Stew + leftover brown rice from yesterday.

FYI: this vegetable stew is also pretty darn delicious cold. I would know…since I had about twenty bites of it before actually scooping out a serving. Woops.

Immediately after finishing lunch, I then found my hands back in the box of toffee

Ahh! I just can’t keep away from the darn stuff.

I’m actually still feeling hungry after lunch (apparently my appetite is pretty hefty today) so I’m thinking about going to make another replica of yesterday’s mid-morning snack.

And then hiding the rest of the toffee somehow…

Question for the Afternoon:

Are there any foods you try NOT to keep in the house because you know you have a hard time controlling yourself with them?

Oh yes, I sure do! Ice cream, jelly beans, pretzel m&m’s, Nutella, cookies and/or baked goods in any form, and now apparently toffee can also be added to that list. Winking smile

Comments

Have you ever tried to make your own ice cream? I recently made some limoncello ice cream, but I’m always making Belgian chocolate since it’s my dad’s favorite. It’s a lot of fun, and it’s actually not that hard. Anyway, I don’t keep any nibbly snack foods like M&M’s, Sour Patch Kids, ect. Basically anything you can grab a big ole handful of is trouble for me. =)
    Brigitt recently posted..Limoncello Sorbet

2. Briana says

Ohhhh my gosh yes, pretzels! I love them sooo much that I am known to go through those one pound bags of them in like 5 days. Not good. Sometimes I’ll buy a bag and think, “okay just practice portion control, you can do this” and it does not work, haha!

I cannot keep ice cream in the house! I’m guilty of having “just one scoop” (which turns into six scoops), rather than just putting it in a bowl. It tastes so much better standing at the counter with the freezer open!

I’m also terrible with candy, so I usually only get it while on vacation…I can easily polish off a box of milk duds myself!
    Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill recently posted..Spring Break vs. Frozen Yogurt

the one legged sit and stand exercise gets me every time too!

because my sweet tooth is outrageously LARGE, pretty much any baked good has to stay out of my house, otherwise i could demolish it in no time. nutella and ice cream are others that get me in trouble! i really like to make single servings of treats so i don’t eat the entire batch. ;)
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} #24: My Favorite GREEN Meals

5. KQD says

I joined boot camp too (after I saw it on your page). Today’s workout was hard and took way beyond the hour she suggested. And that quad move…wow! I had to use a stability ball because there were no chairs or benches (I placed in inside of the Step riser so it would roll away…)

We hardly ever keep any “treats” in the house because we’re both such snackers! The worst for me is cheese and tortillas (because I make quesadillas) and these amazing salted caramels that you get at Costco…and naturally you can only get like, 1000 at a time.
    Ali @ Around the VeggieTable recently posted..Floating On A Pink Cloud

My list includes candy, cookies, chips, sugary cereals and certain kinds of crackers (triscuits / wheat thins). I’ve found, though, that if I get them in prepackaged single servings it is fine… but when they aren’t prepackaged I really can’t have them in the house.
    Carolyn recently posted..A New Little Routine

8. Lizzie says

I’m with you on the cookies, I typically won’t keep them in the house. Also, a block of cheese is a big one for me. I have a hard time cutting off just one serving! I do keep chocolate in my kitchen (though it’s a huge weakness of mine!), but I’ve found a good solution…I keep it all in the freezer and when I want a piece, I just thaw it out for a few minutes. I’ve found that I won’t “binge” as much on chocolate if it’s cold :)

I try not to have m&m’s in the house especially the pretzel kind because those would be gone in no time!

It’s gorgeous here in Boston and I walked to Harvard Square for some pistachio ice cream. So good! :-)
    Alaina recently posted..Keeping it Up

Honey Wheat pretzels are my enemy. In regular serving sizes, they are a great snack… however I apparently can’t stick to a serving size. Ice cream too… especially coffee or chocolate chip mint. Yum… now I need pretzels and ice cream.
    Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third recently posted..WIAW: My First!

Oh goodness, there are a lot of foods I can’t keep in the house. Ice cream and most cereals (especially Quaker Oatmeal Squares). Granola is starting to become that way too!

With this spring weather, I’ve been craving an ice cream cone lately too! I think I’m going to need to make that happen. A cookies ‘n cream one!
    Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..In Training for The Hunger Games

12. Marie says

Haha, it’s “that” week for me, too. We try to keep stuff out of the house, but I love to bake. Usually, I’ll bake healthier stuff for my kids, but weeks like this one, I start baking stuff that’s not so healthy. I’ve already baked Pumpkin bread and Banana bread.

Trackbacks