Fun News From Last Night

by Courtney on March 9, 2012

Well good morning! How’s everyone doing on this lovely Friday? Hey, I don’t know about you but TGIF! Who’s with me?!?

So last night, Jay and I knew that our good friends, Brian and Mal, were going to be in “the neighborhood” and we told them that they should stop on by to the house. Since we weren’t exactly sure when they’d be arriving, we kept dinner easy by working on some of the leftovers in the fridge.

I heated up another bowl of Vegetable Stew and paired it with a random piece of potato bread toast that I had suddenly gotten a craving for. Everything was great, especially the stew, thanks to the added shredded cheddar cheese. YUM!

Shortly after eating, our newly-engaged pals arrived!

We all had a couple of drinks (beer for the boys, Chardonnay for the gals) and grazed on a few last minute snacks that I was able to scrounge up (I was totally unprepared).

As we were sitting and chatting away, catching up on all of their wedding planning, we found out some very exciting news

IMG_2562-1

We are both so, so excited and honored that they asked us to be a part of their wedding. It’s going to be a BLAST, to say the least!

I really love my friends. Smile

*****

Breakfast

After a short shift at work this morning, it was time to come home for some grub (<—I actually hate that saying, no idea where it came from?). Today’s first meal of the day isn’t going to look a whole lot different from yesterday’s, my friends…

When there’s pumpkin bread in the house, that pretty much always takes precedence over anything else. (Remember my week-long stint a few months back? I’m a creature of habit, I tell ya.)

BUT, that doesn’t mean that it can’t be enjoyed in moderation and paired with something healthy, right?

Right! So along with my sweet, peanut-butter topped pumpkin bread, I enjoyed two scrambled eggs with sautéed spinach and tomatoes. Savory + Sweet = Awesome.

Along with a hot cup of coffee (you should be proud Jay, I came home from work and made my own, thankyouverymuch!)…

…and my vitamins. As of late, my vitamin intake has consisted of one fish oil and one women’s multivitamin from GNC (sometimes I also take a probiotic, but I didn’t today).

I’ve decided that I like this combo much better than the Vitapaks I had tried out a couple of months ago; nice and simple.

**Just as a heads up, you’ve still got a couple more hours to enter my Elaine’s Toffee Giveaway – I’ll be choosing a winner a little later this afternoon!**

Question for the Morning:

What’s the most fun/exciting news you’ve gotten this week? Smile

1 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life March 9, 2012 at 10:04 am

Congrats on being asked to be in the wedding party. Exciting stuff!
I haven’t had pumpkin bread since the fall and you’re kinda making me crave it with your breakfasts! The most exciting news I got this week was that I have an extra two day to hand in my midterm paper, aka procrastinate!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Exciting News!

2 Presley (run pretty) March 9, 2012 at 10:04 am

Love, love, love being in weddings! It’s so much fun to be a part of a wedding without having to be the stressed out bride :)

3 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 9, 2012 at 10:11 am

Congrats on being a part of the wedding party!! :) That is going to be exciting!

Happy Friday! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..My Grandmom’s Recipe & Sugar-Free Syrups…

4 Healthiful Balance March 9, 2012 at 10:12 am

Yay, thats so exciting! :) Weddings are so much fun!
Have a great weekend!
Healthiful Balance recently posted..Protein Powder-less Protein Pancakes

5 Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health March 9, 2012 at 10:14 am

Aw, yay for being part of the wedding party!! That is so exciting :). I haven’t really had fun “news” this week, but I’ve just been ecstatic that my fiance is here visiting! Eight weeks without seeing him was wayyyy too long!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Fitness Loves of the Week #6

6 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! March 9, 2012 at 10:15 am

best news this week is from tues when we found out my mother in law would be flying in tonight (from FL) for a week!
i love that serving tray!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Randoms & Kona Chameleon

7 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles March 9, 2012 at 10:22 am

That is exciting! Yay for fun weddings! ….My most exciting news- my kiddos did well on state tests! :) I was so pleased- especially since we’ve all been working our bumms off all year!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Grasshopper Pie…. that is healthy!

8 chelcie @ chelcie's food files March 9, 2012 at 10:23 am

that is so exciting!! That picture of you and Jay is so cute! have a great weekend!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-Raw Cookie Dough..and its healthy!

9 Yellow Haired Girl March 9, 2012 at 10:28 am

Very exciting! My best friend is getting married this summer and I’m in the wedding :) can’t wait!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..The “No Plans” Plans

10 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 9, 2012 at 10:37 am

How fun! I get to be in two weddings this fall and I”m excited too!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Growing Your Own Green Onions is Super Easy!

11 Carissa March 9, 2012 at 10:40 am

Exciting! You are the wedding queen! And way to go having more snacks that I do in the house…if someone stopped by they’d get wine, popcorn, and protein powder! ha
Carissa recently posted..Five Things Friday

12 Khushboo March 9, 2012 at 10:42 am

That is certainly exciting- such an honour! I hope you aren’t like me when it comes to weddings- just can’t control the tears!
Khushboo recently posted..Now you know my ABC’s…

13 faith @ For the Health of It March 9, 2012 at 10:46 am

I suppose the most exciting news was that I have a date tonight!

14 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection March 9, 2012 at 11:03 am

Yay! Weddings are constantly on my mind right now–exactly 3 months until our bid day! : )
biggest/best news of the week: my fiance just accepted a new job!
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..First iHerb order for me & a COUPON code for you!

15 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third March 9, 2012 at 11:10 am

Hosting a bridal shower at a nearby restaurant tomorrow! Love wedding related things… So fun! Have a great weekend :)
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Wedding Recap: Bachelorette Party!

16 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 9, 2012 at 11:47 am

Ahh thats so sweet!! Ih what fun your going to have helping with a wedding!! The vegetable stwe looks yummy!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Orange Brussels Sprouts

17 Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt March 9, 2012 at 11:49 am

I love wedding! How fun that you are both going to be a part of it!
Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt recently posted..Fish Surprise

18 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy March 9, 2012 at 11:49 am

Yay for being in the wedding! How fun!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Chobani, Please

19 Melissa March 9, 2012 at 11:52 am

congrats on being in the wedding! what a fun night you had :)
Melissa recently posted..Hello world!

20 Maura @ Running to Saks March 9, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Congrats on being in the wedding party! I adore weddings! The most exciting news I got this week is that I got into grad school! Woop woop!
Maura @ Running to Saks recently posted..Panic

21 Catherine March 9, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I was recently asked to be in a friends wedding party and I’m super excited! this week I found out I was accepted to an Accelerated Second Degree Nursing Program that I’ll start after I get my degree in May! I was so nervous!

22 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 9, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Congratulations!!!! I’m going to be in my cousin’s wedding and my best friend’s wedding this year and I’m SUPER excited!

23 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 9, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Congrats of being a part of the wedding! My friend is getting married this summer and while I’m not a part of the bridal party, I’m so excited just to get to GO! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..The Santa Barbara Day-Cation (Stay-cation)

24 Lauren March 9, 2012 at 1:18 pm

So much fun to be a part of the wedding party..especially when its your best buds. :)
Lauren recently posted..I Earned a “Me” Day

25 Carrie @ MyHealthyAddictions March 9, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I’ve been in sooo many weddings- they are way to fun!!
Exciting/nervous news- the hubby might we making some career changes in the near future- it will hopefully equal more pay and more sleep! :)
Carrie @ MyHealthyAddictions recently posted..Gym Etiquette

26 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family March 9, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Being in weddings is so much fun and such an honor!
Those eggs looks really good for some reason. Makes me excited for a saturday breakfast of pancakes and eggs tomorrow!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..The 1 Mile Challenge

27 Brandi March 9, 2012 at 2:39 pm

I might have a new job!!! I have been in banking for 16 years and I am stepping out to do what I really want to do. Ministry work!! :)

SO excited! I just got a call back for a second interview today! :)

28 Courtney March 9, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Oh my gosh, congratulations, Brandi!!!
That’s so exciting – I wish you the very best!!

29 Leah March 9, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I am with you on the TGIF! Not sure what the weather is like in NY, but it’s bright and sunny in Wisconsin, the snow is melting, and it’s Friday. Life is gooood!
Leah recently posted..Lemon Caper Sauce

30 Shannon March 9, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I actually had a pretty bad week- but it was my friend’s birthday on Wednesday! I brought cupcakes into school, and decorated them. The look on her face gave me a huge smile, and a happy moment.

Congratulations on being in the wedding party! That sounds SO exciting! :)
Shannon recently posted..Snow, snow, snow and a quick thought on Leap Day