Three Workout Options To Try Today

by Courtney on March 10, 2012

I don’t know about you, but Saturdays are one of my favorite days of the week to get a great workout in. I usually have a little extra time on my hands, which gives a few more options as to what I feel like doing.

Are you planning on working up a sweat today but maybe not quite sure what you feel like doing? Well, have no fear! I’ve got three options for you today, with each one focusing on a slightly different area of exercise. No matter what you’re in the mood for today, there should be something for just about everyone! So now…

saturday workouts-1
Pin It

**********************************************

Workout #1 – Cardio & Strength

1. Start with 20 minutes of HIIT (5 minute warm up, 1 minute at a maximum intensity, 1 minute recovery, repeat 5 rounds, 5 minute cool down)
  2. Complete this No Weights Required Office Workout.
  3. Finish with a Quick Abs Circuit.
  4. Cool down with some light stretching.

Workout #2 – Focus on Cardio

Workout #3 – Circuits

1. Warm up with 5-10 minutes of cardio (walk/jog/jumping jacks/etc.)
  2. Complete one of the following strength routines:
  3. Cool down with some light stretching.

**********************************************

So what’s your workout looking like today?? Winking smile

1 Hayley March 10, 2012 at 8:47 am

I am doing my first 90 minute run this am! Yikes!

2 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 10, 2012 at 8:49 am

these are all great! i actually already planned to do your “Feel the Burn” Circuit Workout. it looks like an intense and fun one, which is just what i was feelin for today! happy saturday!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Eating Healthy While Traveling

3 Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third March 10, 2012 at 8:52 am

My workout for today includes lugging around gifts for the bride during a bridal shower for a wedding I’m in! ;) I have a long run planned for tomorrow though!
Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third recently posted..Fun Friday!

4 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 10, 2012 at 8:53 am

Great workouts! I’m going to try one of these today. Not sure which one?? I have plenty of time, but I tend to get lazy!! Shame on me!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Spaghetti Squash & Random Things

5 Tara Burner March 10, 2012 at 8:56 am

I’m doing “Brazil Butt Lift” dvd workout today and a run, possibly a bike ride this evening to enjoy daylights savings…love extra daylight at the end of the day! :)
Tara Burner recently posted..Bamboo Bottle Co Review, Giveaway & Discount

6 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes March 10, 2012 at 9:24 am

I think today I’m just going to do some cardio and abs. Kind of an active rest day, My major muscle groups are sore.
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..Cancelled TV Shows That Broke My Heart

7 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 10, 2012 at 9:26 am

I’m doing a beginner’s yoga workshop today!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Energizing Avocado Pasta

8 briana March 10, 2012 at 9:35 am

How funny, I was just looking at your treadmill workouts last night and picked the 40 minute speed it up!

9 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 10, 2012 at 9:40 am

These are all great ideas! I just got back from BodyPump!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Working OUTdoors

10 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen March 10, 2012 at 9:45 am

I might steal that 20 min HIIT workout from the first option before some bodyrock later on :)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Pancake battered pineapple rings

11 Blog is the New Black March 10, 2012 at 10:01 am

If it wasn’t snowing here, I’d be much more motivated to get my butt off to the gym…ick!

12 Lauren March 10, 2012 at 10:06 am

I have a 13 mile run planned today! It will be my longest distance this year :)

13 Janice March 10, 2012 at 10:32 am

I like you Sweaty Mess treadmill incline workout. I may have to try that the next time. I highest incline I have ever use is 8!!!! Thank you for sharing the suggestions. By the way, I found you website through the link on the Best Body Bootcamp facebook page. Tina is really giving me a challenge but I am enjoying it!

14 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection March 10, 2012 at 10:37 am

I love Saturday workouts, too…today I’m planning on upper body strength, a run, and possibly some core work too!
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..First iHerb order for me & a COUPON code for you!

15 Caroline March 10, 2012 at 11:14 am

Great workouts! Maybe I’ll kick my original plan to the curb and try out the 45 min kicked up treadmill run!
Caroline recently posted..BumbleBar Review!

16 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath March 10, 2012 at 11:17 am

Love these options— I need to try the shorter options during the week when I don’t have as much time to be at the gym!
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Are You Good at Confrontation?

17 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com March 10, 2012 at 11:32 am

i actually take a zumba class every saturday, which i look forward to all week. on weekdays i use the treadmill in my home because i work out before work, and by the end of the day i just dont feel like dancing, but saturdays class is at 9 am and an awesome way to start the day!
CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com recently posted..A Little More Honesty

18 Khushboo March 10, 2012 at 11:45 am

I did a HIIT rUn this morning but I am loving at-home circuit workouts these days!

19 Jess Morine March 10, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I went with the Hot Legs: The 15-Minute Legs, Butt and Thighs Workout from Fitness Magazine’s video collection…awesome! Def got my heart rate up, too. Love these free videos!

20 Liz @ Tip Top Shape March 10, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Love all these options!! I’m probably going to try to squeeze in a little kickboxing DVD later today :D
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies

21 Carla March 10, 2012 at 1:02 pm

I have taken one rest day this week but am still so sore not sure yet if I should workout or not.
Carla recently posted..#WIAW: Hungry Girl Edition

22 Melissa March 10, 2012 at 1:50 pm

thanks for the three different options! I love to mix up my workouts :)
Melissa recently posted..Where in the World?

23 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 10, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Today’s workout = unpacking! Thanks for the great workout options! I’ll be referencing them tomorrow :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Fitness: It Doesn’t Look the Same to Everyone

24 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 10, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Great ideas! I did a 9 mile run today. And FYI, Georgia has WAY more hills than my previous home of Ohio. ;) I am POOPED!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..My butt-kicking workout + Whatcha Reading

25 Catherine March 10, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Thanks for this post! Knew I needed to do strength today but didn’t feel like going to my usual BodyPump Sat. morning class….so I loved Workout #3, and did the high intensity workout. MANNNNN. talk about sweaty. i feel awesome now though!

26 Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt March 10, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Those are some great workouts! Thanks Courtney
Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt recently posted..You Put What in My Pudding

27 Briana March 10, 2012 at 6:34 pm

I just worked 8 hours at my restaurant job, does that count? ;)

28 Cait @ Cait Hates Cake March 10, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I did lower body strength training this morning. Lots of lunges and squats!
Cait @ Cait Hates Cake recently posted..FXB, Tabata, & Karyn’s

29 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter March 10, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Great workouts! Thank you! :) I finished my second week of Ripped in 30. :)
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Cortisol 101

30 Clare March 11, 2012 at 5:31 am

Thanks heeeaaaps for sharing Courtney – love all your workouts! Will definitely be trying some of these :)
Clare recently posted..a to z