Marbled Irish Cream Cupcakes with Irish Cream Frosting

Over the weekend, Jay and I were chatting away about this and that, and I wound up finding out a little tidbit of information.

Apparently, the guys at work have been talking. And apparently, I’ve been slacking. They’ve been wondering when they’re going to get their next batch of cupcakes.

I got to thinking about it and I realized that it’s actually been quite a while since I last sent in some frosted goodies. Of course, I couldn’t have them disappointed, and as it turns out, I’d actually been itching to make a very special batch of them.

And yes, they include booze. Winking smile

I’m sure you guys are already aware of what special holiday is coming up this weekend. Jay and I are huge fans of St. Patrick’s Day and have actually spent the last four years partying it up with friends, kegs & eggs style.

DSC01087

This year, we’ve got plans to get together again, and I’ve been trying to think of something festive and sweet (since that’s what I’m typically known for) to bring to the party.

So since I had a little extra time on my hands this Sunday, along with an office full of men waiting for some treats, I decided to give these babies a go.

You know, as much as I love the convenience of a boxed cake mix, there really is no substitute for the homemade version. These cupcakes are not only full of that decadent, Irish cream flavor, but they’re incredibly light and fluffy.

Combine that with the frosting, which really could not get much easier to make, and you’ve got yourself one heck of an Irish treat.
Pin It

IMG_2648-1

*****

I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty sure that these cupcakes would be the perfect way to celebrate the upcoming holiday. If you’re worried about getting drunk off of them, well, have no fear. There’s definitely not enough in there to make you loopy.

…but I can’t promise that the bottle of Irish cream isn’t going to get some extra attention while it’s out.

Juuuuust sayin’. Winking smile

Questions for the Afternoon:

Do you celebrate St. Patty’s Day? What are some of your favorite Irish treats?

Comments

These cupcakes look and sound amazing! I’ve never had Irish Creme before, if you can believe that! I definitely want to try these! :)

I do celebrate St. Patty’s Day. It’s fun! I made a really good corned beef in the crock pot last year. I’m planning on making the same thing this year. I cannot wait.
    Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Meet and Greet…

Oh, honey. You did the damn thing with these, didn’t you? I’m still trying to stay on track with the ol’ nutrition plan, so I’m going to make the chocolate stout cupcakes with baileys frosting from skinnytaste, but these will go in my back pocket for when I’m feeling naughty. :)

I love St. Patty’s Day and will definitely be getting my reuben on this Saturday!
    Melissa recently posted..My New Favorite Snack

3. Minda says

You should open up a little cupcakery! Your recipes always look so yummy. Do you have any gluten free cupcakes that you love? Made with rice flour?

I have not celebrated since University when we’d go out for green beer, or rather I’d tag along for green beer since I do not drink beer!
    This year I plan to make us spinach shamrock smoothies for breakfast Saturday :)
    Lindsey recently posted..First Day Back & Fun Finds

I don’t really celebrate it, but I do wear green! :) Yummy cupcakes :)

I made the white chocolate cake bars last night and they were divine!

umm… Irish cream frosting?… OH, NO YOU DI’IN’T!!!
    That sounds pretty much extremely amazing! I would probably make that and put it on some toast in the morning before I go to school ;D (or maybe for dessert after dinner).
    michelle kim recently posted..Back From Vacation

We celebrate by making the usual corned beef and cabbage, one of my all time favorite meals. This year we are going to a party in the evening though so I guess our celebratory meal will have to be Friday or Sunday. Your cupcakes always look amazing, and so many varieties! You should open a cupcake shop :)
    Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Happy 3.5

Those cupcakes look delicious. Actually- your baked goods always look delicious! :)

No, nothing special on St. Patrick’s Day. Wearing my shamrock socks, and probably having corned beef and cabbage for dinner with my family. I don’t really like corned beef and cabbage that much…scratch that, I hate corned beef and cabbage. Hopefully a side dish is made for those of us who don’t like it. Maybe I’ll just bake some Smile fries. Kidding on that last part…maybe.
    Shannon recently posted..Snow, snow, snow and a quick thought on Leap Day

OKAY! This is a 100% true story – this morning, I thought about finding a recipe to bake something for St Patty’s Day. I thought about going on Pinterest, browsing some sites … and then was like, “I’ll just wait until Courtney posts a St Patty’s themed recipe, I know she will…”

you never disappoint me, girl 😉
    Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Fifteen Facts

I was just thinking I wanted to make something to take into the office for our dress down/St pattys day party friday! these would be great!!!
    when i was in college kegs and eggs was like a must do on the st pattys day agenda! and since i lived with boys who acted like they were 6 we needed to food color the eggs so they were green…food color the vodka to make festive drinks…i never wanted to see green food for a while after that!
    CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com recently posted..No Room To Judge