Marbled Irish Cream Cupcakes with Irish Cream Frosting

by Courtney on March 13, 2012

Over the weekend, Jay and I were chatting away about this and that, and I wound up finding out a little tidbit of information.

Apparently, the guys at work have been talking. And apparently, I’ve been slacking. They’ve been wondering when they’re going to get their next batch of cupcakes.

I got to thinking about it and I realized that it’s actually been quite a while since I last sent in some frosted goodies. Of course, I couldn’t have them disappointed, and as it turns out, I’d actually been itching to make a very special batch of them.

And yes, they include booze. Winking smile

I’m sure you guys are already aware of what special holiday is coming up this weekend. Jay and I are huge fans of St. Patrick’s Day and have actually spent the last four years partying it up with friends, kegs & eggs style.

DSC01087

This year, we’ve got plans to get together again, and I’ve been trying to think of something festive and sweet (since that’s what I’m typically known for) to bring to the party.

So since I had a little extra time on my hands this Sunday, along with an office full of men waiting for some treats, I decided to give these babies a go.

You know, as much as I love the convenience of a boxed cake mix, there really is no substitute for the homemade version. These cupcakes are not only full of that decadent, Irish cream flavor, but they’re incredibly light and fluffy.

Combine that with the frosting, which really could not get much easier to make, and you’ve got yourself one heck of an Irish treat.
Pin It

IMG_2648-1

*****

I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty sure that these cupcakes would be the perfect way to celebrate the upcoming holiday. If you’re worried about getting drunk off of them, well, have no fear. There’s definitely not enough in there to make you loopy.

…but I can’t promise that the bottle of Irish cream isn’t going to get some extra attention while it’s out.

Juuuuust sayin’. Winking smile

Questions for the Afternoon:

Do you celebrate St. Patty’s Day? What are some of your favorite Irish treats?

1 Jenny March 13, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Those look and sound delicious!! You could even add some green food coloring to the frosting for an extra special holiday flare ;)
Jenny recently posted..St. Johns – Yr 3 Recap

2 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 13, 2012 at 2:29 pm

These cupcakes look and sound amazing! I’ve never had Irish Creme before, if you can believe that! I definitely want to try these! :)

I do celebrate St. Patty’s Day. It’s fun! I made a really good corned beef in the crock pot last year. I’m planning on making the same thing this year. I cannot wait.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Meet and Greet…

3 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third March 13, 2012 at 2:36 pm

These look amazing! Cupcakes and booze combine into one treat??? Perfection! :)
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Rising Above Negativity

4 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life March 13, 2012 at 2:37 pm

These sound amazing! One tier of my wedding cake was Irish cream chocolate cake and it was phenomenal! I really want to give these a try! :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..13.1 miles or bust!

5 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 13, 2012 at 2:44 pm

oh man, you never fail at making some absolutely amazing treats! :) yum!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Sweat It Out Upper Body Weights + Cardio

6 Melissa March 13, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Oh, honey. You did the damn thing with these, didn’t you? I’m still trying to stay on track with the ol’ nutrition plan, so I’m going to make the chocolate stout cupcakes with baileys frosting from skinnytaste, but these will go in my back pocket for when I’m feeling naughty. :)

I love St. Patty’s Day and will definitely be getting my reuben on this Saturday!
Melissa recently posted..My New Favorite Snack

7 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 13, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Haha I always used to worry about eating foods, like ice cream, with alcohol in them as a teenager – I thought I’d get in trouble! Those look delicious!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Fried Cookie Dough, Zac Brown Band, and Mutton Bustin at Rodeo Houston

8 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat March 13, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Oh jeeze, these looks delicious!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Injury Woes and Peanut Flour Granola

9 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 13, 2012 at 2:56 pm

These look delicious! I’m actually visiting family this weekend & these would be the perfect treat to bring along!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Spring Fashion: Accessories & Shoes

10 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 13, 2012 at 3:07 pm

HOLY yum!!!! That is all.
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Sometimes…

11 Kate @ ibrokemyumbrella March 13, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Those cupcakes look awesome! My Irish treats are more of the savory variety usually like cabbage and potatoes and of course Magners but those might make the list this year too.
Kate @ ibrokemyumbrella recently posted..Top Ten Tuesday: NYC

12 Minda March 13, 2012 at 3:18 pm

You should open up a little cupcakery! Your recipes always look so yummy. Do you have any gluten free cupcakes that you love? Made with rice flour?

13 Lindsey March 13, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I have not celebrated since University when we’d go out for green beer, or rather I’d tag along for green beer since I do not drink beer!
This year I plan to make us spinach shamrock smoothies for breakfast Saturday :)
Lindsey recently posted..First Day Back & Fun Finds

14 Brandi March 13, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I don’t really celebrate it, but I do wear green! :) Yummy cupcakes :)

I made the white chocolate cake bars last night and they were divine!

15 michelle kim March 13, 2012 at 3:28 pm

umm… Irish cream frosting?… OH, NO YOU DI’IN’T!!!
That sounds pretty much extremely amazing! I would probably make that and put it on some toast in the morning before I go to school ;D (or maybe for dessert after dinner).
michelle kim recently posted..Back From Vacation

16 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 13, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Oh wow, those look great. St. Patrick’s Day is a great excuse for some yummy treats!! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..That’s a lot of orange juice.

17 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family March 13, 2012 at 4:02 pm

We celebrate by making the usual corned beef and cabbage, one of my all time favorite meals. This year we are going to a party in the evening though so I guess our celebratory meal will have to be Friday or Sunday. Your cupcakes always look amazing, and so many varieties! You should open a cupcake shop :)
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Happy 3.5

18 Amy B @ Second City Randomness March 13, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Bailey’s frosting is seriously the best thing ever. I bought a new bottle of Bailey’s this last weekend and have a feeling most of it will go towards treats instead of drinks…
Amy B @ Second City Randomness recently posted..Times are a Changin’

19 Olivia March 13, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Not Irish or a big drinker or partier, so I never do anything for St. P day!
Olivia recently posted..Waffles and (Icky) Tempeh Bacon

20 Shannon March 13, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Those cupcakes look delicious. Actually- your baked goods always look delicious! :)

No, nothing special on St. Patrick’s Day. Wearing my shamrock socks, and probably having corned beef and cabbage for dinner with my family. I don’t really like corned beef and cabbage that much…scratch that, I hate corned beef and cabbage. Hopefully a side dish is made for those of us who don’t like it. Maybe I’ll just bake some Smile fries. Kidding on that last part…maybe.
Shannon recently posted..Snow, snow, snow and a quick thought on Leap Day

21 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life March 13, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I haven’t really celebrated St. Patty’s Day since college, but since it’s on a Saturday this year I might indulge in some green beers!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..New Hope Take Two

22 Yellow Haired Girl March 13, 2012 at 5:15 pm

OKAY! This is a 100% true story – this morning, I thought about finding a recipe to bake something for St Patty’s Day. I thought about going on Pinterest, browsing some sites … and then was like, “I’ll just wait until Courtney posts a St Patty’s themed recipe, I know she will…”

you never disappoint me, girl ;)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Fifteen Facts

23 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com March 13, 2012 at 5:19 pm

I was just thinking I wanted to make something to take into the office for our dress down/St pattys day party friday! these would be great!!!
when i was in college kegs and eggs was like a must do on the st pattys day agenda! and since i lived with boys who acted like they were 6 we needed to food color the eggs so they were green…food color the vodka to make festive drinks…i never wanted to see green food for a while after that!
CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com recently posted..No Room To Judge

24 Pure2raw twins March 13, 2012 at 5:25 pm

oh yum!!! these are too cute
Pure2raw twins recently posted..simple as pie

25 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine March 13, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Those look delicious! I have a date on St. Patrick’s day that I’m REALLY looking forward to!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..More Vegas Pictures

26 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 13, 2012 at 10:54 pm

YUM! As a kid my aunt and uncle used to dye our pancakes green when we stayed with them around St. Patrick’s day. It always made it so fun!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Inspiration // March Photo a Day

27 Precious March 14, 2012 at 12:35 am

This makes me crave for this one…But thank you for the ideas and awesome post here…
Precious recently posted..Waterfront Key Singapore

28 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 14, 2012 at 7:32 am

I love the marble effect in it! Great recipe! Perfect for St. Patty’s Day!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Thin Mint Mousse / Jillian Micheal Kickbox Fast Fix

29 Ronifelle March 14, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Oh my gosh…This makes me hungry now…It’s as if I want to bite the monitor…
Ronifelle recently posted..disabled cars

30 Suman March 17, 2012 at 12:02 am

I just made these tonight, can’t wait to bite into one of them tomorrow!