Switch It Up

Alright…who watched The Bachelor last night? Anyone?

Don’t worry – I won’t mention any details, since I know that some of you guys like to DVR things, but I will just say this…those two are totally meant for each other.

Okay, moving on!

Last Night’s Dinner

With the gorgeous weather we’ve been having the past few days, Jay and I can’t help but want to use the grill. So last night, we fired it up again.

The Italian-marinated grilled chicken was definitely the highlight, especially since I totally cheaped out on the rest of the meal with canned vegetables (gasp!) and a box of long grain and wild rice.

Note to self: time to stock up on some more frozen veggies that Jay actually likes too.

For dessert, we both finished up the last of the White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Batter Bars, and all I can say is thank goodness they’re gone.

I could not be controlled around them, which is actually a whole other situation, but I’ll save that for another time…

Breakfast

I needed a bit of a change this morning, so I decided to switch it up a bit from the typical egg scramble and oatmeal today after noticing that my cereal stash really could use a bit of a dent in it.

In an effort to make my cereal more satiating, I combined it into a scrumptious yogurt bowl, filled with plain Chobani mixed with cinnamon, strawberries, blueberries, Kashi Go Lean, and Special K Protein Plus.

Yep, it’s the same combo as last week. And it’s just as yummy. Winking smile

*****

I had been planning on getting my bootcamp workout in nice and early this morning, but wouldn’t ya know that I ended up snoozing through my alarm for a whole flippin’ hour. Apparently I was exhausted?

So now I have a 50-minute cardio session to tackle once this breakfast digests, and I’m really not all that pumped for it today. My legs are actually pretty sore from yesterday’s workout, so we’ll have to see how this goes. I’m thinking I may attempt this workout again?

Wish me luck!

Question for the Morning:

When’s the last time you “switched things up?” Was it a workout? A meal? A lifestyle change?

Comments

Dinner looks tasty! How do you get your rice to look like that? Very fancy! :)

I started changing up my lifestyle because I’ve been having a lot of GI issues lately. It’s more or less me trying to figure out what things I can eat and can’t eat that cause issues.
    Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Meet and Greet…

Welllll…I didn’t MEAN to switch it up but after giving up sweets & chocolate for Lent, I think I might have to do it more often! I’m feeling so much better and my workouts have been amazing…but I’m missing my fro yo & dark chocolate almonds a little too much!

I am such a creature of habit and rarely switch things up, which isn’t always a good thing! Last minute changes really can get bother me…something I need to work on!
    I just finished my breakfast, overnight oats, and now you have me craving a yogurt bowl ;) haha
    Lindsey recently posted..First Day Back & Fun Finds

What is it about having baked goods in the house that makes it so hard to exercise self control??? I’m the exact same way.

Having broken up with my boyfriend a few weeks ago, that was a pretty big lifestyle change for me. Its definitely changed things up in my life (in a good way!)

5. Catherine says

I try to switch workouts up a lot! Whether its through intervals or just different machines as for cardio, and for strength I alternate between body pump and doing other strength workouts (like the ones you posted for workout #3 on friday)! :)

6. Amanda says

The Bachelor had such a blah ending. By the end of the season, I really disliked Ben – brush your haiiirrr! Anyways, the last big switch I made was from evening to morning workouts most days of the week. I now go to bed about an hour earlier and love having the freedom after work to do whatever I please!!

I can only eat the same breakfast for an extended amount of time before I get sick of it, and eat it a long time later (like months later).

I guess the most recent switchup was on Ash Wednesday when I cut chocolate completely out of my diet. I’m an extreme chocoholic, but right now, I feel GREAT without it! (yes- I’m being quite serious). I still get my occasional migraines but they’re not as bad as before, when I constantly ate chocolate. Maybe I’ll start to eat little of it now.
    Shannon recently posted..Snow, snow, snow and a quick thought on Leap Day

8. darcy says

Ummmmm, of COURSE I watched the Bachelor! I was never a big fan of Ben and I wasn’t a fan of whom he chose, but you’re right, they ARE meant for each other! Let’s hope it lasts! I really miss our “bachelor” conversations! Bye for now!

9. Cassandra Bishop says

I was happy the show ended that way. They are definitely meant for each other!! Can’t wait until The Bachelorette starts up in Summer! I just started to switch things up in my routine. I’m changing my work out plan to try and see some different results!
    P.S. – I think I’m going to have to try those brownies! They look too delicious not too. Good thing I’m having people over this weekend so I won’t eat them all!!

Trackbacks