The Annual St. Patrick’s Day Party

by Courtney on March 18, 2012

Well, we’ve got another fun and successful St. Patrick’s Day party in the books!

The day started fairly early yesterday for our annual 11:00am brunch. I seriously look forward to this every year because there’s always so many goodies.

Check out this adorable rainbow and pot ‘o gold that Christina made. Is that not the cutest thing ever??

Amongst bagels, hash browns, sausage, and my Overnight French Toast, there was also Sarah’s Pillsbury Signature Cinnamon Rolls, Kate’s spinach quiche, Mal’s Blueberry Coffee Cake, and yogurt with granola.

I brought some Activia Harvest Picks yogurt to share with the crew as a way of incorporating a guaranteed healthy option to the spread.

(Disclaimer: I received coupons from Dannon to help promote their Activia Harvest Picks yogurt. All statements and opinions are, as always, entirely my own yo!)

I didn’t get a chance to try the peach flavor, but the mixed berry was great, especially with a little added granola. I think I may need to buy these more often…I’m always up for tasty ways to help the ‘ol digestive track. Winking smile

I started off with a little bit of everything on my plate, but I also went back throughout the morning for seconds of pretty much all of it. It was all SO good!

The majority of the morning was spent inside, with everyone filling up on brunch, enjoying some beverages (mimosas for the ladies!) and catching up with friends.

Everyone also had a fun time comparing our special St. Patty’s Day accessories.

So fun and festive. Smile

My little nephew Tram even got in on the festivities!

It was an absolutely beautiful day here yesterday in upstate NY, so within about an hour, the festivities moved outside.

Sarah and Jeff just recently purchased a brand new tiki bar, so we all had some fun hanging around there (I’m sure that’ll be getting plenty of use by us all this summer, right Sarah??). Winking smile

Andrea did a fantastic job of playing bartender.

The rest of the day was actually fairly low-key compared to last year, but there was certainly no shortage of laughs and everyone was having a great time.

My friend Brook and I even spent some time talking about…blogging! It’s so interesting to talk to him about this sort of stuff because he looks at it from a totally different standpoint than I do.

He also has some pretty great ideas that have got the wheels spinning in that ‘ol head of mine now. We’ll have to see what’s to come of it. Winking smile

As the afternoon went on, there were more snacks (pretzels, hummus, homemade guac, tortilla chips…all the standards), an early pizza dinner, jello shots (they were a HUGE hit!) and even some dancing.

FYI: Brian is a rock star at Rasputin from Just Dance 2.

The camera didn’t get much use after here, but Jay and I didn’t end up leaving to go home until after 11:00pm last night. It was certainly a full, 12-hour day, but an absolutely fantastic one at that. I know I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again…

I’m so lucky to have such awesome friends!

How was your St. Patrick’s Day? Did anyone do anything fun and festive??

1 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 18, 2012 at 11:28 am

Love that rainbow fruit plate – such a simple, cute idea. I didn’t do too much, just made some green avocado gnocchi that was amazing!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Chocolate Spinach Smoothie – Tastes Like a Milkshake!

2 Julie March 18, 2012 at 11:35 am

What a fun day! Looks like an incredible spread, too. I also love the rainbow idea! Brilliant! :-)
Julie recently posted..Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

3 Candice March 18, 2012 at 11:36 am

so fun!! Love the shamrock headbands!
Candice recently posted..Coconut Pancakes + A GIVEAWAY!

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 18, 2012 at 11:38 am

That looks like such a fun day!
My St. Patrick’s Day consisted of working and then falling asleep around 4:30pm, to not wake up until this morning! Apparently I was too tired for any green beer or mimosas. Though, I’m thinking there’s a mimosa in my future this morning! ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Irish Soda Bread

5 Mallory @ Have Your Cake March 18, 2012 at 11:39 am

what a fun day! i hope the weather where you are is as gorgeous as it is here in MA today! enjoy your sunday!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake recently posted..Can Men and Women be Friends?

6 michelle kim March 18, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Wow! I’ll definitely have to use that rainbow fruit idea for a baby shower I have coming up.
Looks like a wonderful 12 hours spent with close friends :D, the way a Saturday should be for time to time.
michelle kim recently posted..The Half Marathon… That Wasn’t

7 michelle kim March 18, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Looks like a wonderful 12 hours spent with close friends :D, the way a Saturday should be from time to time.
michelle kim recently posted..The Half Marathon… That Wasn’t

8 Shana March 18, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Love the fruit rainbow and pot of gold dip! I love it when people make healthy food so appealing and fun!
Shana recently posted..Beer Run

9 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 18, 2012 at 1:27 pm

So fun!
I had a very similar day yesterday… tiring, but so worth it!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..A Day of Fun

10 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 18, 2012 at 2:00 pm

How fun! And I LOVE that idea about the fruit rainbow! So cute!

We did wine tasting and then drank some green beer at a local winery. It was definitely a good time! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Where’s all the Fro-Yo?

11 Jodi March 18, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Lots-o-fun! Brunch, bar hopping in Nashville!
Jodi recently posted..St. Patrick’s Day Recap

12 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy March 18, 2012 at 3:04 pm

I actually celebrated Easter on St.Patrick’s Day with my fiance’s family, because they’ll be gone for spring break on Easter! I still got to enjoy yummy food though!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Part II: Is My Workout Making Me Sick?

13 Lisa March 18, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Looks like an awesome St. Patty’s day! This year I actually stayed pretty low key for the night.

14 Michelle@Peachy Palate March 18, 2012 at 3:20 pm

You guys celebrate paddy’s day better than we do in Ireland! Looks like a great day, loving the spread of food! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Curry me up

15 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 18, 2012 at 3:45 pm

All of the food looks amazing! And the rainbow fruit platter is really cute!

I spent my St. Patrick’s Day in Baltimore with my husband, sister-in-law & brother-in-law! We actually tried to avoid the St. Patty’s Day crowds though & ended up going for sushi!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Weekday Cookout

16 Shannon March 18, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I love that rainbow idea with the pot of gold. So neat! Tram looks absolutely adorable; I think green may be his color.

Looks like a fun party! :) I didn’t do much (I usually don’t do anything on St. Patrick’s Day), worked with my mom, and ate potatoes for dinner because I don’t like corned beef and cabage. Other than that, I just relaxed and watched college basketball with my dad and sister.
Shannon recently posted..I’m hungry, tired and need a job

17 Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter March 18, 2012 at 7:42 pm

What great fun! The rainbow and pot of gold idea is a cool idea! So glad you and your friends had a good time!
Brandi @ Faith Fitness and Laughter recently posted..Update and the crud

18 Shannon March 19, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Looks like you guys had such a great time!!

I have a question for you about your diet…after your vacation, did you feel like you gained weight or like your old cravings came back at all? If so, how have you handled it?

Thanks!!

19 MB March 24, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Ah, love your husband’s Siena shirt! Go Saints!
MB recently posted..love, but I need to stop looking at blazers. in denial that cozy…

20 Erin July 18, 2014 at 11:23 am

I love the rainbow fruit. I’ll have to try that sometime. :)