(Healthy) Double Strawberry Cream Cheese Filled Muffins

Being that today is the first day of spring and all, I made you guys some delicious, spring-like muffins.

Double Strawberry Cream Cheese Filled Muffins

Actually, I guess I technically made myself these muffins, but I’m hoping that by my sharing them, you’ll end up making a batch of your own. I’m “planting the seed,” if you will. Winking smile

I’ve been wanting to bake up a batch of muffins for a couple of weeks now, but I kept putting it off since I wasn’t quite sure exactly what I wanted to make. But then, out of nowhere this morning, it hit me. I knew exactly what I wanted to make…and the most exciting part is that there’s sooo much more going on here than meets the eye.

I’m so sneaky.

The other day, I finally ended up finding some of the new Laughing Cow Strawberries & Cream Cream Cheese Spread at the grocery store. I picked it up, not quite knowing what I wanted to do with it at the time, since I don’t eat bagels with cream cheese very often. So you know what I can do with it?

I can use it to make these Double Strawberry Cream Cheese Filled Muffins, that’s what. And better yet? They’re healthier, too!

IMG_2895-1

Just like their blueberry cousins, these babies are knockyoursocksoffamazing.

Definitely the perfect way to celebrate the arrival of spring if you ask me. Smile

Question for the Afternoon:

What’s your all-time favorite muffin? The best you’ve EVER had?

Comments

Has anyone ever told you that you’re a baking genius??? My current favorite muffin is a toss up between blueberry and banana nut! I’m pretty sure these babiesxwiyld make the cut after a bite!
    Khushboo recently posted..Time is money

These look absolutely delicious! I cannot wait to find the Laughing Cow cream cheese near me! The flavors sound yummy! :)

My favorite muffin is blueberry! My work provides us with free breakfast Friday mornings and they used to get the most incredible blueberry muffins from a local catering company. They since stopped getting food from that company. Needless to say, I miss my muffin!
    Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..PB Crave: Cookie Nookie!…

A local coffee shop makes these ‘Morning Glory’ muffins filled with whole wheat flour, cinnamon, grated carrots, shredded coconut, raisins, pecans, etc etc. they are amazing! These look awesome though too! I love pumpkin cream cheese muffins in the fall, and these are kind of like the spring version :-)
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Spring Showers

4. Alyssa Holt says

Those muffins looked amazing!! I will definitely have to try them! Not being a fan of banana, is there something I can substitute that with or can it be omitted completely?

5. AEWarner says

I have recently discovered your blog! Love it! You have motivated me to eat healthy without sacrificing delicious food…and maybe peruse my dream of getting my personal training certificate!

I just recently made a similar muffin recipe and have been making them a couple times a week! I love that strawberries season is beginning! Although mine don’t have the filling, I’ve never heard of that laughing cow flavor, it looks amazing though!
    Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Momma Jewelry

7. Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction says

I’ve never seen anything like this before! They look so delicious! I love banana nut muffins but that may change once I try these :)

• Courtney says

Ahhh, I don’t know the major specifics, but I know that pastry flour is supposed to provide somewhat of a better texture for baked goods. It’s totally okay to swap out if you don’t have it (I’ve done that before with other things) but I happened to have it on hand so I went for it :)

8. Tessa Holshouser says

These look great! Question- Do you think it would it be okay if I used 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour?

Ah I really want to try that Laughing Cow Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread!!! I love all of their other products and that sounds so delicious, as do these muffins! YUM.

Thanks for sharing these delicious muffins with us! I’m going to keep my eyes open for that flavor of cream cheese. Also, thanks for the helpful hint of substituting if you dont have buttermilk! :) xoxo

These look amazing! I’m wondering though, since I’m gluten-free and dairy-free, if this recipe could be veganized and gluten-free? Hmmm, I’ll have to try it out and let you know!

Favorite muffin: I LOVE the Costco muffins with the coffee cake/maple topping. Unfortunately, I can’t eat them anymore because of the gluten and they’re not vegan…but this makes me think I should create my own version!

12. Sarah says

Those look great! I don’t think you can get that flavour of Laughing Cow up here in Canada yet, but I’ll keep my eye out. My fave muffins are homemade pumpkin or banana chocolate chip. I make muffins at least once a week. Love them!

Oh. Em. Gee. Where have I been?? Since when does Laughing Cow make a strawberries and cream flavor?? YUM!!

PS. will you beam me up these muffins? I’d love one right now. :)
    PPS. do you have the nutritionals on these bad boys by chance?
    Jess recently posted..Training…by feel.

• Courtney says

Haha…I wish I could magically teleport them to you because I totally would. 😉
      I don’t have any nutritional stats on it right now…I’ll see what I can do. In the meantime, you can always plug in the ingredients on SparkPeople – I believe they have something for that?

Those look scrumptiously delicious (is scrumptiously even a word? Too bad- it is now). :) I want to eat one right now! I’ll have to make these over the weekend- maybe Saturday?

My favorite muffins are Blueberry. I’ll have to try yours sometime soon too.

I could eat a muffin right about now…any chance you’ll bake some up for a reader for a giveaway, perhaps? 😉
    Shannon recently posted..St. Patrick’s Day clarification, a new feature, and Lady Gaga becoming a mom?

I love bakery blueberry muffins – specifically Dunkin Donuts. You know how the top is all crusty and sprinkled with sugar? oh my gosh, by far the BEST!!! I can’t have those anymore obviously, but this gluten free bakery near my house makes a blueberry muffin that tastes EXACTLY like the Dunkin Donuts one!
    chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..a drop of love

Oh my goodness, this looks wonderful! I love Laughing cow cheese too, they are so low in calories :) Or the original ones anyway, not sure about the one that’s in the recipe but still. Can’t wait to make these! Will link to you once I do :)

17. Mary says

These are amazing!!!! I did sub unsweetened applesauce for the egg, but otherwise followed the recipe. Thanks for the delicious recipe! Can’t wait to try out the blueberry ones!

Trackbacks