(Healthy) Double Strawberry Cream Cheese Filled Muffins

by Courtney on March 20, 2012

Being that today is the first day of spring and all, I made you guys some delicious, spring-like muffins.

Double Strawberry Cream Cheese Filled Muffins

Actually, I guess I technically made myself these muffins, but I’m hoping that by my sharing them, you’ll end up making a batch of your own. I’m “planting the seed,” if you will. Winking smile

I’ve been wanting to bake up a batch of muffins for a couple of weeks now, but I kept putting it off since I wasn’t quite sure exactly what I wanted to make. But then, out of nowhere this morning, it hit me. I knew exactly what I wanted to make…and the most exciting part is that there’s sooo much more going on here than meets the eye.

I’m so sneaky.

The other day, I finally ended up finding some of the new Laughing Cow Strawberries & Cream Cream Cheese Spread at the grocery store. I picked it up, not quite knowing what I wanted to do with it at the time, since I don’t eat bagels with cream cheese very often. So you know what I can do with it?

I can use it to make these Double Strawberry Cream Cheese Filled Muffins, that’s what. And better yet? They’re healthier, too!

IMG_2895-1

Just like their blueberry cousins, these babies are knockyoursocksoffamazing.

Definitely the perfect way to celebrate the arrival of spring if you ask me. Smile

Question for the Afternoon:

What’s your all-time favorite muffin? The best you’ve EVER had?

1 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 20, 2012 at 2:25 pm

wow, these look so good!! i’ve never seen that laughing cow strawberries ‘n cream spread, so i’ll have to keep my eye out for it at the grocery store. i love muffins of all kinds… it’s so hard to choose a favorite, but i would say pumpkin chocolate chip or blueberry would be at the top!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Bring On The Circuits Full Body Workout

2 Lindsey March 20, 2012 at 2:26 pm

All time favorite has to be banana. My Mom’s banana muffins were always my favorite!
Lindsey recently posted..Winter Storm?

3 Khushboo March 20, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Has anyone ever told you that you’re a baking genius??? My current favorite muffin is a toss up between blueberry and banana nut! I’m pretty sure these babiesxwiyld make the cut after a bite!
Khushboo recently posted..Time is money

4 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third March 20, 2012 at 2:30 pm

These look amazing and perfeCt for springtime! My favorite muffin is my grandmas homemade banana nut muffins…. Not healthy, by any means, but delicious! :)
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Spring Cleaning: Classroom Style!

5 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 20, 2012 at 2:36 pm

These look absolutely delicious! I cannot wait to find the Laughing Cow cream cheese near me! The flavors sound yummy! :)

My favorite muffin is blueberry! My work provides us with free breakfast Friday mornings and they used to get the most incredible blueberry muffins from a local catering company. They since stopped getting food from that company. Needless to say, I miss my muffin!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..PB Crave: Cookie Nookie!…

6 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life March 20, 2012 at 2:41 pm

A local coffee shop makes these ‘Morning Glory’ muffins filled with whole wheat flour, cinnamon, grated carrots, shredded coconut, raisins, pecans, etc etc. they are amazing! These look awesome though too! I love pumpkin cream cheese muffins in the fall, and these are kind of like the spring version :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Spring Showers

7 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat March 20, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Hands down the best muffins are from Costco- they are huge and moist and delicious. I personally enjoy the Poppy Seed ones! :)
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..A Grapefruit A Day

8 Alyssa Holt March 20, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Those muffins looked amazing!! I will definitely have to try them! Not being a fan of banana, is there something I can substitute that with or can it be omitted completely?

9 Courtney March 21, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Yes! You could either omit it or replace it with about 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce!

10 AEWarner March 20, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I have recently discovered your blog! Love it! You have motivated me to eat healthy without sacrificing delicious food…and maybe peruse my dream of getting my personal training certificate!

11 Courtney March 21, 2012 at 3:44 pm

YAY! Best of luck to you!! :)

12 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family March 20, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I just recently made a similar muffin recipe and have been making them a couple times a week! I love that strawberries season is beginning! Although mine don’t have the filling, I’ve never heard of that laughing cow flavor, it looks amazing though!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Momma Jewelry

13 Tara Burner March 20, 2012 at 2:53 pm

These look yummmy, just pinned it ;)
My all time fav…blueberry with granola
Tara Burner recently posted..Simple Easy Ways To Be Happy

14 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction March 20, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I’ve never seen anything like this before! They look so delicious! I love banana nut muffins but that may change once I try these :)

15 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 20, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Do you know what the difference is/what the point of using pastry vs. regular flour is? I’ve always wondered and I usually never buy the pastry flour, but there must be a reason for it! I thought you might know since you are such a baker :)
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Creamy Chocolate Avocado Pudding – You won’t believe your taste buds!

16 Courtney March 21, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Ahhh, I don’t know the major specifics, but I know that pastry flour is supposed to provide somewhat of a better texture for baked goods. It’s totally okay to swap out if you don’t have it (I’ve done that before with other things) but I happened to have it on hand so I went for it :)

17 Heather March 20, 2012 at 3:23 pm

you are very smart. must find that laughing cow STAT.
and i miss you something terrible.
xo.
Heather recently posted..appSmitten

18 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 20, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Wow, I think I would absolutely love these!! One of my favorite muffins that I make are pumpkin chocolate chip with cream cheese frosting. But those aren’t very spring-y. Strawberry sounds perfect for spring! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Red Face, Purple Nails, and Green Beer.

19 Tessa Holshouser March 20, 2012 at 3:35 pm

These look great! Question- Do you think it would it be okay if I used 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour?

20 Courtney March 21, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Definitely. The texture might end up slightly different, but it will totally work!

21 Maggie March 20, 2012 at 3:41 pm

Ah I really want to try that Laughing Cow Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread!!! I love all of their other products and that sounds so delicious, as do these muffins! YUM.

22 Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls March 20, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Hmm those look absolutely delicious! Where did you find that laughing cow spread I’ve never seen that before.

My favorite are probably cinnamon swirl.
Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls recently posted..Thanksgiving Dinner Date

23 Juju@GetFitwithJuju March 20, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Thanks for sharing these delicious muffins with us! I’m going to keep my eyes open for that flavor of cream cheese. Also, thanks for the helpful hint of substituting if you dont have buttermilk! :) xoxo

24 Juju@GetFitwithJuju March 20, 2012 at 4:07 pm

My favorite muffin has to be…. Raisin bran!! I know, my taste buds are very unique! Lol
Juju@GetFitwithJuju recently posted..HBD Mr Rogers! and Too much Randomness!

25 Janae March 20, 2012 at 4:16 pm

These look amazing! I’m wondering though, since I’m gluten-free and dairy-free, if this recipe could be veganized and gluten-free? Hmmm, I’ll have to try it out and let you know!

Favorite muffin: I LOVE the Costco muffins with the coffee cake/maple topping. Unfortunately, I can’t eat them anymore because of the gluten and they’re not vegan…but this makes me think I should create my own version!

26 Courtney March 21, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Let me know if you figure out a way to “veganize” em! ;)

27 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 20, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I’ve got my eye out for those cream cheese wedges! I pinned this recipe for when I find them! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Mind Over Matter

28 Michelle @ Blogitness March 20, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I’m normally just a fan of blueberry muffins, but these look great!
Michelle @ Blogitness recently posted..So Much For an Injury-Free Year!

29 Sarah March 20, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Those look great! I don’t think you can get that flavour of Laughing Cow up here in Canada yet, but I’ll keep my eye out. My fave muffins are homemade pumpkin or banana chocolate chip. I make muffins at least once a week. Love them!

30 Jess March 20, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Oh. Em. Gee. Where have I been?? Since when does Laughing Cow make a strawberries and cream flavor?? YUM!!

PS. will you beam me up these muffins? I’d love one right now. :)
PPS. do you have the nutritionals on these bad boys by chance?
Jess recently posted..Training…by feel.

31 Courtney March 21, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Haha…I wish I could magically teleport them to you because I totally would. ;)
I don’t have any nutritional stats on it right now…I’ll see what I can do. In the meantime, you can always plug in the ingredients on SparkPeople – I believe they have something for that?

32 Shannon March 20, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Those look scrumptiously delicious (is scrumptiously even a word? Too bad- it is now). :) I want to eat one right now! I’ll have to make these over the weekend- maybe Saturday?

My favorite muffins are Blueberry. I’ll have to try yours sometime soon too.

I could eat a muffin right about now…any chance you’ll bake some up for a reader for a giveaway, perhaps? ;)
Shannon recently posted..St. Patrick’s Day clarification, a new feature, and Lady Gaga becoming a mom?

33 Lily March 20, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Yum these look great! Thanks for the great recipe :)
Lily recently posted..A-Z Survey

34 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 20, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I love bakery blueberry muffins – specifically Dunkin Donuts. You know how the top is all crusty and sprinkled with sugar? oh my gosh, by far the BEST!!! I can’t have those anymore obviously, but this gluten free bakery near my house makes a blueberry muffin that tastes EXACTLY like the Dunkin Donuts one!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..a drop of love

35 Courtney March 21, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Oh my gosh, girl, those are some of my favorite muffins too, LOL!

36 Lauren March 20, 2012 at 8:46 pm

What a fantastic idea! I’m still on the hunt for these new LC wedges!
Lauren recently posted..Burn Baby Burn

37 Melissa @ Some Sugar Added March 20, 2012 at 8:56 pm

These look delicious! I tried Laughing Cow’s new veggie cream cheese flavor the other day, and it is so good! Definitely going to try the strawberry next.
Melissa @ Some Sugar Added recently posted..Jamaican Night!

38 Tina @ Best Body Fitness March 20, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I imagine these would be the best muffins ever. Seriously!

39 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and FAbulous March 20, 2012 at 11:00 pm

These looks amazingly delicious and springy!!! What more can you ask for than strawberries and muffins?
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and FAbulous recently posted..Football & Pancakes!

40 Justeen @ Blissful Baking March 20, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Mmm LOVE muffins with any sort of filling! I’ve made muffins with a PB banana filling that was just wonderful. But what I love more than filling is streusel topping!!
Justeen @ Blissful Baking recently posted..Chocolate Banana Bread

41 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 20, 2012 at 11:06 pm

Strawberry LC?!?! I need this in my life!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Tuesday Thoughts

42 Julie March 21, 2012 at 1:06 am

Oh my goodness, these look phenomenal. I’m on it.
Julie recently posted..Tuesday at Tavern

43 Tara Deal March 21, 2012 at 7:47 am

These look delicious!! I will have to give them a try :)
Tara Deal recently posted..Kangoo Whats??!

44 Amanda March 21, 2012 at 9:59 am

I am SO making these this week! I love your “healthified” recipes!
Amanda recently posted..Little Kids, Big Messes

45 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat March 21, 2012 at 12:48 pm

mmmmm Hummus! I see homemade hummus in my near future!
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..3 Ingredient Mexican Crockpot Chicken

46 Julia @ Must Come Hungry March 21, 2012 at 5:50 pm

I’m so making these! This is such a great idea for using those laughing cow cheese wedges! Strawberry cream cheese has always been my favorite and I’m literally drooling over here.
Julia @ Must Come Hungry recently posted..Earl Grey Tea Cookies

47 Katie March 21, 2012 at 9:49 pm

What the what!? I haven’t heard of that Laughing Cow. I have to have it!

48 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal March 22, 2012 at 1:16 am

Oh my goodness, this looks wonderful! I love Laughing cow cheese too, they are so low in calories :) Or the original ones anyway, not sure about the one that’s in the recipe but still. Can’t wait to make these! Will link to you once I do :)

49 Luna March 22, 2012 at 8:30 am

I really love strawberry on cake and muffins.. :) I will definitely try this out your recipe..
Luna recently posted..Starting Out Dating

50 Anna08 March 24, 2012 at 2:20 am

I really love to discover new recipe of muffin.. My daughter and I will definitely love to try this out.. :)
Anna08 recently posted..Diet Tips

51 Mary March 26, 2012 at 1:26 pm

These are amazing!!!! I did sub unsweetened applesauce for the egg, but otherwise followed the recipe. Thanks for the delicious recipe! Can’t wait to try out the blueberry ones!

52 Elaine July 31, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Oh my god these look delicious! Pinning them and trying them this weekend :)
Elaine recently posted..S’more Cookies