Quite A Peach

by Courtney on March 21, 2012

Holy moly…long morning/afternoon of work! How’s everyone doin’ today?

I just got back home from my work shift that started this morning around 6:30. Typically, I really don’t mind getting up early but today I was exhausted. I stalled way too long going to bed last night and just felt totally unrested. Boooo.

I did my best to get through my 7:00am Tabata class but I was definitely not as amped up as I usually am. After class, I got to work on my own workout for the day, which called for a full body superset workout. All I can say is thank goodness today did not include any cardio. Not only was I pooped, but my legs are SO sore, my ankles are actually in a little bit of pain, and I probably would have just went sailing right off the back of a treadmill today.

Luckily, the above did not need to happen and I got though my superset workout fairly well…I think. Once my workout was done, it was time for some breakfast, which came right after a quick iced coffee run down the road to Starbucks. I told myself that the coffee was “absolutely necessary” today…like the caffeine has any sort of effect on me. Nope, no effect.

But it did taste fantastic! Unsweetened, 2 pumps sugar-free vanilla syrup + skim milk. Yummers.

Along with my iced coffee, I enjoyed a little variety for breakfast. This is what you call the “oh crap, it’s 5:45am and I forgot to put together anything for breakfast today” combo. Winking smile

An apple cinnamon flavored Chobani, a pretty ugly (but tasty) looking banana, and a Double Strawberry Cream Cheese Filled Muffin.

A little while later, while in between sessions, I snacked on some cinnamon roast almonds – 15 to be exact. Because if I left the container open, I can guarantee that the whole thing would have disappeared in no time.

Unfortunately, that was the only food I had packed up with me today, and I still had another Tabata class and a training session left in the day. I didn’t get out of there until about 2:00pm so, needless to say, I was quite ravenous by the time I got home.

I immediately inhaled a piece of leftover pizza from the fridge and some baby carrots. Then, I made a snack of 2 Wasa crackers topped with a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese, strawberry slices, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

This is probably one of my favorite sweet + savory snacks. It’s SO good!

Now, as I’m finishing up this post, I realize that I am sounding like quite a peach today. Yikes…sorry folks. I do try to keep it positive, but sometimes it just happens. I actually had a really awesome day, but I think I really just need to squeeze in a nap or something to recharge the batteries, ya know?

So here’s my plan…it’s about 75 degrees out right now. I’m gonna go grab a blanket and my pillow, and head outside for a little nap in the shade. Does that not sound great right now or what? Hot smile

1 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 21, 2012 at 3:15 pm

The nap in the shade sounds amazing! I’m not normally a napper, but I think I could do one in those circumstances! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The night a 15-minute dinner took an hour.

2 Lena @Fit on the Rocks March 21, 2012 at 3:19 pm

What a busy day already! My favorite way to take a nap is when the sun is shining on my bed. I make like a cat and lay in the sunny spot. Probably not the best due to UV rays, but it feels sooooo good.
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..I’ve Turned Into A Wuss

3 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss March 21, 2012 at 3:32 pm

so goshdarn jealous of that afternoon nap plan. ;) AND why have I never thought of pairing LCL swiss and wasa with berries? I’m hitting that up ASAP.

…I’m also struggling to think straight while looking at so many of those muffins of yours.
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..Dog Collars Etc.

4 Courtney March 21, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Perhaps I’ll have to make another batch in about 6 weeks from now…? ;)

5 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 21, 2012 at 3:33 pm

i think you did a pretty good job keeping it positive considering your long day and little sleep! :) enjoy your nap! that really does sound nice right now…
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} #26: Enjoying The First Day Of Spring

6 Liz @ Tip Top Shape March 21, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Hey, it’s your blog! If you’re feeling crabby you have every right to let it out!! Hope you’re feeling more rested later today :D
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Pet Peeve Wednesday

7 Courtney March 21, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Hahaha, thanks Liz ;)

8 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 21, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Go nap outside! It’s too beautiful not too :) Also, you have me wanting that cheese and strawberry snack now!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Crunchy, Addictive Zucchini Crisps and Shin Splint Relief

9 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat March 21, 2012 at 3:52 pm

That sounds A-mazing right now- the sun is shining here today too! :)
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..3 Ingredient Mexican Crockpot Chicken

10 Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls March 21, 2012 at 3:57 pm

That sounds like the most perfect afternoon. Now if it was only Friday….
Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls recently posted..Spring Into…Stripes!

11 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life March 21, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Sounds like it was one of those go-go-go mornings! But at least your afternoon sounds like it’s going to be great – kinda jealous!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..First Day of Spring WIAW

12 Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third March 21, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Those strawberries look so good! And by the way, that nap sounds AMAZING. Enjoy! :)
Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third recently posted..W.I.A.W: I need your help.

13 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 21, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Caffeine does nothing for me either – but I insist that it does. Maybe it doesn’t wake me up – but it *does* make me happier :D
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Cake Pop Giveaway!

14 Yellow Haired Girl March 21, 2012 at 5:46 pm

A nap in the shade? Jealous!!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..The “Is It Friday Yet?” WIAW

15 Michelle March 22, 2012 at 12:56 am

I love wasa bread! i gotta try it with the laughin cow cheese/strawberries/cinnamon combo!

16 Khushboo March 22, 2012 at 12:57 am

Hunger and lack of sleep are perfectly legit reasons to be cranky so vent away :)
Khushboo recently posted..Stuffed chicken: the “BrEaST” kind

17 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 22, 2012 at 8:01 am

I have a ton of wasa crackers. I should try it with the laughing cow and strawberries. That sounds delicious :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Dairy-Free Tofu Lasagna…

18 Lisa March 22, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Busy day! Caffeine seriously has no effect on me either. And I always make it an excuse for Starbucks, seriously. My wallet hates me ;) A nap sounds wonderful this afternoon! Hope you can rest up a bit.
Lisa recently posted..Thursday Things