WIAW: Snacky Girls Night Edition

Welcome to another always fun What I Ate Wednesday!

I must warn you though. I didn’t get home until later last night, I had to work early this morning, and any sort of structured, healthy eating went out the window after about 3:30pm yesterday afternoon. I’ll fill ya in with the what and the why’s when we get there!

Breakfast – 8:00am

Surprise! It’s pumpkin oats!

Mid-Morning Snack – 11:15am

One of these delicious muffins…and maybe half of another. Winking smile

Lunch – 1:30pm

With the absolutely beautiful weather, I wound up with a craving for one of my favorite warm weather treats…a long-awaited smoothie bowl!

I mixed up a Strawberry Almond Smoothie, with a very obvious helping of spinach to make for a healthy, green smoothie bowl. I topped things off with some Kashi Go Lean + granola for a little added crunch. It could have been a bit thicker…apparently I need to get back into the swing of smoothie making.

Mid-Afternoon Snack – 3:30pm

Before rushing out the door leaving for work, I managed to quickly grab some baby carrots, grape tomatoes, and hummus to snack on.

I also found an orange in my bag which was on its last limbs, so that ended up getting eaten at work as well. Kinda boring, I know.

Umm, Dinner? – 7:00pm – 9:00pm

I actually had to scoot out of work a bit early last night because I had a fun girls night planned! My friend Cortney invited a few of us over for a Mary Kay party, which was a great time. It’s always fun to pamper yourself, but it’s even more fun to spend a night out with the girls. Winking smile

I had a yummy class of Cupcake pinot grigio at the beginning of the evening, but just kept it to one…had to drive home!

Cortney (<—can I tell you how hard it is to type her name without the ‘u’???) also put out a nice spread of snacks and appetizers for us to munch on throughout the party, including some pretty delicious Tastefully Simple mixes. As a side note, I seriously need to have one of those parties.

Seeing as though this was my dinner, I did a pretty good job of helping myself to a generous portion of, well, most of it…except for that mix on the celery. Wayyy too spicy for this gal.

I only made myself this one plate of food, but probably had at least three times that amount, including plenty of pieces of whole wheat beer bread(!!) and key lime pie cream cheese spread. Like I said…I need to have one of those parties. You’ll all come, right? Winking smile

Last night’s pseudo dinner definitely filled me up, but wasn’t nearly as satisfying as sitting down to a real meal. I really had to reel it in when I got home, to prevent myself from making it into a night-long binge. Thankfully, I kept things under wraps, but that’s actually a topic I plan on talking about with you all soon. I’ve had a few of you asking about the nutrition planif I’m still on it, how it’s going, how my sweets cravings are – so I’ll be addressing all of those, hopefully, within the next day or two. Some interesting stuff to be shared, indeed!

Questions for the Morning:

What meal are you most likely to wind up “snacking” through, rather than sitting down to an actual meal?

Do you feel satisfied afterward, or does it leave you wanting more?

I have looked through a tastefully simple magazine before and Everythibg looks so good! I definitely had my eye on the beer cheese bread! :-) I love snacking for dinner at events like the Super Bowl, or appetizers on New Years, but I never really feel that satisfied. It always helps to put everything on my plate rather than eating from containers or serving trays. It helps remind me how much I really ate, because sometimes I can forget!
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Graduation Day

Cupcake wine??? Hold the phone, I need to get my hands on that asap! As much as snacking through a meal sounds fine in theory (i.e. a bit of this and that will be enough), I am almost never satisfied…yet probably ate double of what I would have if I sat down to a proper meal! I gotta say that Cortney’s spread looks amazing, especially the trail mix!
    Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Time is money

I always end up more hungry when I don’t sit down for an actual meal. On Sundays during the winter, my husband and I usually end up watching football with a bunch of friends, and snacking our way throughout the afternoon. Although I’m probably eating more than usual (who am i kidding, i AM eating more than usual) I’m always left hungrier!

I’m such a snacker! It’s rediculous! …If I’m at work, I don’t snack for meals (not saying I don’t snack- it’s just not for a meal) but if I’m at home- I’m always snacking through lunch instead of fixing a meal- I should not do that because then I never stop the snacking! It’s usually on carrots, hummus, cheese, celery, wasa cracker or two, frozen grapes, ect….
    A girls night!!! :) How fun!
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Brings me to tears…

I sometimes find myself snacking through lunch. Sometimes this can leave me wanting more, but if I snack on things that are higher in fiber and protein (like a little bit of Greek yogurt topped with Kellogg’s FiberPlus Cinnamon Oat Crunch cereal) I usually find that this keeps me pretty satisfied. If you plan them right, snacks can definitely be a great way to satisfy your hunger throughout the day.

good for you to take control and not give in when you got home! it’s always hard for me to stop when the “snack monster” comes out, so i know how much self control it can take sometimes. 😉 if i’m working from home or have a day off, i find it easy to snack my way through lunch. like you said, it never leaves me feeling as satisfied as if i were to sit down and eat a “real” lunch.
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} #26: Enjoying The First Day Of Spring

7. Nicole says

I am a consultant for Thirty-One (sells lots of cute purses, totes, home organization stuff that can be personalized), and I team with another rep from Tastefully Simple for home parties all the time! Their stuff is SO good, my fave is def the beer bread, but also beware of the twisty graham crackers – I could easily eat a whole bag in one sitting! You should definitely do a party! :)

Oh my gosh you have me drooling over the muffins. Every time I see a picture of them I want to run home and make them. I am thinking Sunday might have to be a baking day. But now I have to decide between the muffins or the white chocolate peanut butter blondies you made the other week. YUM!
    Becca recently posted..Sweaty Spin Intervals

9. Vanessa says

This is in regards to yesterday’s post… would you take any order for the strawbery cream cheese filled muffins…they look sooooooo good and believe me and i can not bake at all

10. janae@hungryrunnergirl says

Those muffins seriously look so good! I am most likely to snack through lunch! Dinner I have to have a meal or else I will eat the whole fridge because I will never be satisfied. Have an amazing day girl!

11. Marie says

That beer bread looks so doughy; I’m such a carb lover! The party sounds like fun! Do you mind the split shifts on some days at work?

• Courtney says

It’s really not too bad. I wouldn’t want to do it EVERY day, but since I live fairly close it’s not too much of an issue. Plus, it gets me up and moving early, leaving the afternoon to be productive (or lazy). 😉