I Would Love To Work With You

Good morning, friends!

Psssst…be sure to check out the giveaway in last night’s post.

Breakfast

It’s been a few days since eggs made an appearance at breakfast, hasn’t it?

Today called for another delicious veggie scramble made with two eggs, lots of freshly chopped veggies (including leftover sweet potatoes from last night), and about a tablespoon of parmesan cheese. The parmesan cheese was a new addition for me but I liked it. Subtle, but yummy.

A sweet, Double Strawberry Cream Cheese Filled Muffin was enjoyed on the side.

*****

This morning I have to head in to work quick for a couple of sessions and then I’ll probably complete my own workout for the day right after that. Today’s bootcamp workout calls for 40 minutes of treadmill intervals + core work. My entire body is actually screaming at me right now, so those intervals will most likely be of the walking variety, and we’ll see how the core work goes. Tuesday’s core moves were killerrrrrr.

I’m also on a mission today to hopefully pick up a few more of my favorite sports bra and a new gym bag.

I’ll be honest…some of the sports bras that I work out in at home have been in my possession for at least 10+ years. At least. And they are the definition of dingy. Ewww.

Now that I’ve been doing a lot more of my workouts at the gym, the one that I work at no less, I’m thinking that I need to try and keep things somewhat presentable if I want to try and get some more clients. Nobody wants to train with the dingy girl, ya know?

Speaking of which, I actually found out some pretty cool news! I recently discovered that people do not already need to be current members of the gym in order to train with me. I had a couple of local readers contact me about training, and when I checked into, it I found out that they can still come in and work with me without buying a full membership. Pretty sweet, right?

That being said, if there are any other local readers out there who are interested in coming in for some personal training sessions with me, shoot me an email – sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com – I’d LOVE to kick your butt work with you! Smile

Alright…time to go kick some boo-tay! Be on the lookout for a new workout headed your way this afternoon!

Question for the Morning:

How old would you say your oldest piece of workout clothing is? (It’s ok- no judging allowed!)

Comments

I definitely have work out clothes that are at least 5 years old. As much as I love wearing new gym wear, I hate buying it since it can be so $. I love Target for reasonable priced, and super cute work out gear though! I bought a running skirt there for $25, which was very similar looking to the Nike & Under Armour versions costing more like $50+!
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Ground Beef & Quinoa Cabbage Rolls

That’s great that you can train clients that do not have a full membership! I think I would rather pay for personal training than a gym membership :) I love working with a trainer as I push myself so much harder :) it would be so much fun to train with you!
    Becca recently posted..Wonderful Wednesday

Those are my favorite sports bras too! They work PERFECT (And I need that!)

I have two sports bras from Jockey that I don’t even know how old they are. I only use them when I workout at home!
    Samantha recently posted..Oh, Dairy…

Probably my one sports bra – which is at least 5 years old! I do have newer ones but that one I still love and they do not make the brand any longer so I don’t want to give it up yet.
    Lindsey recently posted..Yoga Moves

5. Sarah says

I have two sports bras that are at least 11 years old. Yeah, they are gross, but I haven’t found new ones I like better. I also have one sweat shirt that I took from my Dad. Since my dad passed away oh, 11.5 years ago, it’s probably at least 15 years old-yikes.

Sports Bras… I have some that I bought before going to college in 2004 – that I still wear regularly. They are pretty gross. I also have a few new ones though! I am replacing them slowly but surely!

I used to have a pair of favorite shorts. But they lost all elasticity in the waist..and I had to get rid of them! Those were from middle school… YIKES!
    Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..Time To Work-It {Circuit}

7. Linda says

Again, since I just returned to healthy living and lost so much weight all my stuff is new. However, I finally started getting new stuff when my oldest pointed out I looked like I was wearing borrowed clothes…. hahaha.

Now that I treat/view my body differently I really try and do more reading about what I purchase. I am also an Under Armour freak :)

My newest lesson was in shoes.

Also, I encourage all of your readers to get a trainer, even just for proper guidance and methods. You can save for it….. you can swap out the stuff you shouldn’t be doing and put that money for a trainer.

Myself, I used my wine and cheese money and yes it was that much…… never regretted it for a second.

Courtney, love your blog! Thank you!

Haha I definitely think being a personal trainer gives you an excuse to buy new gym clothes and look cute in your workout attire! I only started working out regularly about a year ago, so all of my workout clothes are still relatively new luckily. I had no workout clothes at all before then!
    Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Raw Kale Ribbon Salad

9. Courtney says

That’s awesome! I wish I lived closer, I would totally train with you! Question for you… what kind of heart rate monitor do you use/recommend? I’m in the market for a new one and looking at different options. Thanks!!

Aww, if I was local I would totally come in! And my oldest, is a “use to be white” sports bra, that i’ve had for 6-7 years. ewww. And im wearing it right now! About to go get my sweat on;)

I still have shorts from middle school and a tons of sports bras from high school and I am 25! I don’t know why I still have the sportsbras because I can’t even wear them to workout anymore they are so torn up and stretched out! I finally bought my first new sports bra like a month ago for the first time in a couple of years. I am addicted to it and now need more!
    Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Workout Wear

12. Erin says

I have this shirt I got at a gymnastics meet in 1996…and I still wear it. The sad thing is it SAYS 1996 on there so everyone KNOWS when I wear it how old it is!!!

13. Tiffany says

I just wanted to start by saying that I LOVE your blog! It is so inspirational. It just makes my day even happier when I get to read your blog!
    I was hoping you could recommend a good workout shoe for me? I take Tabata/Bootcamp/Plyometrics classes more than anything but I see so many shoes geared towards running. Is there a specific shoe you use for your classes that gives you enough support? Thanks in advance!

My oldest piece of workout gear is only 5 years old – but it’s my fave running shoes! All my workout clothes are recent, as I’ve really only been hitting the gym for the past year, and the lululemon ones will be in my possession FOREVER cause they were so $$$! Haha they are supposed to last 5 years, after all!
    Olivia recently posted..Lone Star Lunch