I’ll Take That as a Compliment

by Courtney on March 24, 2012

I could really use some more sleep this morning.

How many days have I been telling you all that I need to go to bed earlier and get more sleep? And yet, here I am, still complaining about not getting enough. My goodness…would somebody please just slap some sense into me already? Hehe.

Last Night’s Dinner

I’m doing a pretty good job of earning my “Awesome Wife” award this week – red meat twice in one week? Jay was in his glory!

IMG_2988-1

I wound up buying a chuck roast at the beginning of the week because it was on sale and I wanted to try something new. Lucky for him, he didn’t even have to cook it this time, thanks to it being a crockpot recipe that I found in my Betty Crocker cookbook.

The recipe was for French Dip Sandwiches, which I knew he’d love, so I told him to pick up some French baguettes on his way home from work. Here’s a peek at his decadent sammy…

IMG_2989-1

I opted not to make mine into a sandwich and instead, just had a small portion of the meat with a piece of baguette on the side. The meat was super tender, thanks to it cooking all day long, and had a pretty good flavor to it too. Not my favorite of all time, but it was doable. Winking smile

I had also prepped some red potatoes and baby carrots this afternoon, which Jay popped into the oven to start roasting. By the time I got home from work, everything was finished and ready to go.

IMG_2992-1

Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about!

Speaking of work (which I’m headed to in about 20 minutes), last night was awesome. I had NINE people in my Tabata class, which included some repeaters (Hey, Emily!) and friends of theirs that they brought along. It was a great class.

After that, I was training with a guy that I usually see every Friday. He’s super nice and is always up for any challenges that I might throw his way. At one point, as he was taking a break in between sets, he turned to me, laughed, and said, “Does your husband know you’re a masochist?”

I busted out in the loudest laugh right in the middle of the floor. He totally threw me off guard, but I found that comment to be hilarious. I might have been worried, thinking maybe I had worked him too hard, but he signed up again for next week so I’ll take that as a compliment. Winking smile

Breakfast

I think I’m going through a slight cereal phase again…

IMG_2993-1

Either that, or I just like how quick and easy it is to throw together?

This morning’s combo included the usual as of late – Kashi Go Lean and Special K Protein Plus, with strawberries, half of a banana, chia seeds, and unsweetened almond milk.

IMG_2997-1

Now it’s just about time to head off to work for a couple hours (meeting up with another blog reader- so exciting!) then back home to get ready for a fun day with friends.

*Side Note: Still haven’t gotten any word from the Technogel winner. If I don’t hear anything by this afternoon, be on the lookout for a new winner!*

Question for the Morning:

What’s the last nice compliment you received? How about one that you gave to someone?

1 Mallory @ Have Your Cake March 24, 2012 at 8:38 am

LOL that is too funny – yes, you definitely seem like a masochist ;) ha
Mallory @ Have Your Cake recently posted..New Season, New Outlook, New Couch

2 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio March 24, 2012 at 8:54 am

That’s too funny! My fiancé has been giving me lots of complements these days, which I love :)
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Bridesmaid’s Weekend Wrap-Up

3 Lauren March 24, 2012 at 8:57 am

Red meat twice in one week! Jay must have done something right. :) Have a great day hun!
Lauren recently posted..Welcome to Beantown

4 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 24, 2012 at 9:22 am

haha I love the masochist comment! So hilarious!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

5 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles March 24, 2012 at 9:27 am

It would have thrown me off too! I totally would have laughed out loud though- Take it as a compliment for sure, you’re doing your job. Have a very happy Saturday!!!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..The *BIG* News!

6 Khushboo March 24, 2012 at 9:28 am

Haha that’s hilarious- take it definitely as a compliment! I have been craving red meat like mad lately and that dinner has my name all over it!

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 24, 2012 at 9:35 am

Sounds like you’re an awesome trainer — better to be known as someone who challenges your clients than someone who’s “easy”! :-)

My husband would absolutely love that French dip sandwich!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Boat Shoes Friday

8 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life March 24, 2012 at 9:50 am

This week while on the subway to work some guy came up to me and started talking about how tall I am and how awesome it must be. I said thanks so I guess that counts as a compliment
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..A-Z

9 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 24, 2012 at 9:54 am

I need to go to bed earlier too – but I keep not doing it. It’s so hard!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Chocolate Avocado Frozen Yogurt

10 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine March 24, 2012 at 10:14 am

One of my clients sent me a HUGE package of Ben and Jerry’s with the sweetest note (and a compliment). It was so nice to them!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..No Boredom 20 Minute Elliptical Challenge

11 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third March 24, 2012 at 11:25 am

I’m on my way to a bridal shower and someone told me that I look great and I hide the fact that I was up until 2am drinking wine at a fundraiser very well! I’ll take that as a huge compliment (because I certainly feel kind of like death)!
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Just wanted to say….

12 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy March 24, 2012 at 11:33 am

I would take that a compliment too. ;)

13 Jenn March 24, 2012 at 11:41 am

Such a funny compliment! I’ve had two. One the first time I ever met of the girlfriends of my boyfriends friend, before I even got my name out she’s like you have amazing teeth, weird but really nice! Second I was at Crossfit and for the first time I was the only girl, and the trainer informed half the guys I was kicking their butts in the workout! It feels so great to be on the same level as them!
Jenn recently posted..Lets get Insane Day 3 & 4

14 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 24, 2012 at 11:42 am

Yummy dinner!! I don’t know the nicest compliment I got. I’m happy when someone tells me I look nice or that my cooking is good. I always tell my step-daughter that I’m proud of her. I think thats the nicest compliment I can give.
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Pink Everywhere!!!

15 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath March 24, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Yum–your dinner looks delicious!
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..Weekend Plans.

16 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 24, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Best wife award goes to YOU!! That looks incredible!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..This Week…

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 24, 2012 at 12:41 pm

The other day, as I was just typing away on the computer and my husband was watching TV, he suddenly looked at me and said, “You’re so beautiful.” It was so sweet because it just came out of no where … I, of course, melted. ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..You put WHAT in my food?!

18 Lisa March 24, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I would be taking that comment as a compliment! Looks like a great dinner. I hear you on the sleep issue! I work until 11 PM most days and then get up at 5 for a workout, I am wiped. I should probably get to bed super early tonight while I get the chance!
Lisa recently posted..Baked Almond Coated Kale Chips

19 Alison March 24, 2012 at 4:28 pm

haha – too funny on the compliment! And what is it with men loving red meat?! I always say that the meat I can’t live without is chicken, and while my husband agrees, he always says that he’d still really miss red meat.
Alison recently posted..Caring for Wooden Kitchen Utensils

20 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy March 24, 2012 at 5:17 pm

I’ve been on a cereal kick too, probably because it’s so warm outside! My usual oatmeal just isn’t as appealing. Crazy, considering it’s still March.
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Five Things Friday

21 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 24, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I’m really trying to avoid my current desire for cereal. And I only say that because once I start eating cereal, I can’t stop. It becomes breakfast, lunch and dinner. And then I wonder when the last time was that I ate any greens…. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Do Something Good

22 Shannon March 24, 2012 at 9:52 pm

The latest compliment that I received was yesterday when my History teacher walked around and checked homework. My friend Rachel who was sitting next to me in the next row said “My handwriting is the neatest I’ve ever seen”. I get that compliment a LOT but it made my day even better before my class’s terrible entrance to pep rally.

The latest compliment I gave was to my friend Suzie yesterday over the cool ukulele she brought to school for pep rally entrance. Unfortunately, she didn’t get to play it. :(
Shannon recently posted..St. Patrick’s Day clarification, a new feature, and Lady Gaga becoming a mom?

23 Linda March 26, 2012 at 9:42 am

My sister in law loved your class Courtney. Thank you for making her time away from her own gym a great experience!

24 Courtney March 26, 2012 at 10:06 am

Oh GOOD! I’m so glad she enjoyed it. :-)