Healthy Snacks At Your Doorstep

by Courtney on March 25, 2012

So, have you guys heard about NatureBox? Up until a couple of weeks ago, I had never heard of it either, but I’m so glad that I did. And now, I want to share it with you!

naturebox (2)

NatureBox is a subscription service that offers the ability to test out different, healthy snacks on a monthly basis. Their products are made from wholesome ingredients, with strict quality standards: No High Fructose Corn Syrup, No Partially Hydrogenated Oils, No Trans Fats, and No Artificial Sweeteners, Flavors, or Colors.

I think one of the other things that immediately caught my attention, before even checking into the snacks, was the fact that NatureBox believes is helping those in need. For every box sent out, NatureBox donates one meal to feed the over 14 million children in America who go hungry. Isn’t that great?

So each month, there is a new box full of goodies sent out, and I was asked if I would like to try out the snacks from this month’s March box.

naturebox (3)

My box was filled with five different types of snacks- three sweet and two savory.

naturebox (5)

And each snack also included full nutrition facts.

naturebox (8)

The three sweet options included their Nuts for Granola, Dried Cherries, and Figgy Bars with Honey. The granola is just subtly sweet but has an incredible flavor. I haven’t tried out the Figgy Bars yet, but you can bet they’ll be opened soon enough. And as for the cherries, don’t be surprised if you see them make an appearance this week in some oatmeal. Winking smile

naturebox (7)

The two savory snacks in the box included their Firecrackers and Sunshine Chips. I haven’t tried the Firecrackers yet, just because the name frightens me just slightly. Spicy + me = no good, but I’d be willing to bet that Jay will love these.

naturebox (6)

The Sunshine Chips, on the other hand. Ohhh myyyy…

naturebox

Do you guys remember the last time I had these in my possession? Yeah, they’re fantastic.

In addition to the snacks themselves, the box also came packed with an information sheet, filled with facts about each of the snacks, ways to incorporate them into snacks/meals, and even a recipe which I may end up trying out soon!

naturebox (4)

Right now, NatureBox is offering a special coupon for anyone who may be interested in signing up for a subscription.

The promo code “HEALTHY” may be used for 25% off your first month of subscription.* Just enter it in the promo code box at checkout, which you can find here.

(*The 25% discount is only applicable to the month-to-month subscription. 6 month subscriptions receive 1 month free and 12 month subscriptions receive 3 months free.)

They’re also working on coming up with some new NatureBoxes which will address various dietary needs and personal preferences, which I think would be really cool. Then again, anytime there’s snacks on my doorstep, let alone healthy ones, that’s already pretty darn cool. Smile

Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post, but I was sent a March snack box free of charge to try out, with no obligation to share. All statements and opinions are from Yours Truly!

1 Mallory @ Have Your Cake March 25, 2012 at 6:34 pm

these look great. now i have a craving for fig newtons!
Mallory @ Have Your Cake recently posted..New Season, New Outlook, New Couch

2 Shana March 25, 2012 at 6:37 pm

What a great service! Sometimes when snacks are labeled as healthy, they are still super processed and have a laundry list of ingredients. Those snacks look and sound incredible! I also really appreciate that they donate to hungry children in America. Worldly causes are great but we can’t forget those all around us that are in need. Thanks for sharing this!
Shana recently posted..Lovin’ from the Oven

3 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 25, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Are each of the pouches a single serving?
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Chocolate Nutella Granola Bars – So. Good.

4 Courtney March 25, 2012 at 8:29 pm

No, they’re larger than that. The figgy bars bag had 3, so that portion was smaller. I’d say each bag is probably 2-4 servings.

5 michelle kim March 25, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Wow! Those look so yummy!
You can always mail me those Firecrackers ones if they’re too spicy (I loooove me some HEAT!), hehe.
It’s always fun to get something in the mail… especially if they have fig bars in them :D
michelle kim recently posted..Supercharged

6 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed March 25, 2012 at 6:52 pm

those dehydrated/freeze dried veggies are the jam. I LOVE them.
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Merry Drapermas!

7 chelcie @ chelcie's food files March 25, 2012 at 7:17 pm

wow that sounds like such an amazing company! all of those snacks sound delicious!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..New clothes and yummy food!

8 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 25, 2012 at 7:55 pm

I love the idea of monthly delivery services like this… so convenient! This seems like a really great company, too!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Reeling It In

9 Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls March 25, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Thanks for passing along the information! I will definitely check it out looks great!
Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls recently posted..Kabob-ing for Dinner

10 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 25, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Awesome! I LOVE veggie chips … they are so deliciously addicting! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..You put WHAT in my food?!

11 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles March 25, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Yummm! I wonder if having the snacks picked out for me with the knowledge of another box being sent in a month would reign in on my buying things I don’t need. What an idea!!!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..The *BIG* News!

12 erica March 25, 2012 at 10:47 pm

those firecrackers look like japanese kakimochi. yum!
erica recently posted..currently loving

13 Gabby Bladdick March 25, 2012 at 11:02 pm

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing – I’m definitely going to look into these. :)
Gabby Bladdick recently posted..Easter Cake Pops

14 Alison March 25, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Those look like some really yummy snacks!!
Alison recently posted..“There are not enough days in the weekend.”

15 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 26, 2012 at 12:07 am

That’s such a great idea! Those snacks sound great!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..This Week…

16 Khushboo Thadani March 26, 2012 at 1:17 am

Firecrackers are addictive- even more so than potato chips for me!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..“Sugar-coated” marketing

17 Jessie March 26, 2012 at 6:28 am

This looks great! Wish it was available in UK!

I used to get something similar called a “Graze Box” but then the started putting cakes & brownies in – not what I signed up for at all.
Jessie recently posted..Employment Vetting

18 Miz March 26, 2012 at 6:42 am

OOH ID LOVE THESE FOR MY GIRL!!
very cool.
Miz recently posted..Monkey bar Monday.

19 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection March 26, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Courtney, do you know if I can order just one box at a time or do I need to choose a 6- or 12-month subscription? I’m just not sure…thanks! : )
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..Workouts 3/18 – 3/24

20 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com March 26, 2012 at 7:08 pm

wow! what a cool idea! i cant wait to check into this! i feel like i get in such a snack rut and buy the same things. this would be perfect to satisfy all my cravings and go to a good cause!!! thanks for sharing!
CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com recently posted..The Big 5-0

21 Patty March 27, 2012 at 10:20 am

Thanks for reviewing this product. I just ordered a box to give it a try. I have a very busy schedule with some weird hours so having healthy snacks delivered right to my house will be great.