I Think That Is a Written Rule

Is anyone else totally blown away by the fact that we are already in the last full week of March? I happened to look at the calendar this morning and had to do a double-take. Seriously, didn’t March just start? Yikes!

Anyway, quick backtrack…let’s get you caught up on what you may have missed over the weekend:

(FYI: I only got through about half of the “stuff” I wanted to get through yesterday, and I didn’t get a chance to get that manicure done. Fingers crossed that I find a half hour for it today.)

*****

So last night, Jay and I were invited over to my parents’ house for dinner, which included a lovely, spring-like spread. Chicken from the grill, pasta salad, and oven potato wedges.

Oh yeah, and peas. I pretty much grew up on peas (and green beans and corn), so it’s never a surprise to see them when I return back home for dinner. It’s a welcomed dinner veggie, though. I still love me some peas. Smile

I enjoyed a little bit of everything, but I think my favorite had to be the potatoes. They were made with some sort of bacon seasoning packet which was actually pretty darn delicious.

Shortly after dinner, there was dessert, and I wasn’t about to turn down dessert from mom (I think that’s a written rule somewhere anyway, right? Dessert at your parents’ house is obligatory?).

BUT, I did keep portions in check, with a small sliver of apple pie + a small scoop of ice cream and whipped topping. Quite a tasty way to finish off my Sunday!

*****

Work/Workout

This morning started with a short shift at the gym, combined with my own bootcamp workout for the day which included a lower body workout and some circuit cardio intervals. Today’s lower body workout was actually the same one that I did last Monday, only today’s plan called for four sets instead of three.

Now, let me tell ya. I’m usually a three-set kinda gal with most of my workouts. But adding in that fourth set brought the workout to a whoooooole other level. And I thought it was challenging last week…WHEW!

Breakfast

Today called for oatmeal. Today also called for peanut butter. So that left me with no choice but to whip up a batch of Peanut Butter & Banana French Toast Oatmeal.

That photo right there is a recycled one because, to be honest with ya, I was super messy with today’s bowl which made me too lazy to go and grab the camera. Woops. There was also some coffee involved there, but that should be no surprise to you. Winking smile

I never got a chance to get my grocery shopping done yesterday, so that’s my plan for later this morning, along with a plan to tackle my email in box. I swear, just when I think I start to make a good dent in it, it fills right back up on me!

Hope everyone’s Monday is off to a great start so far!

Questions for the Morning:

How many sets do you usually perform with your workouts?

What’s one thing you could never pass up from your mom/dad when it’s offered?

Comments

I usually only do 2 sets. I like doing more exercises and less sets to comba boredom and repetitieness. Not sure if thats worse for me or not but it works for me.
    I can’t pass up my moms flip flop bars. They are double sided rice krisie treat, one side peanut butter, the other chocolate. yum!
    Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Weekend Eating

That’s my absolute fave oatmeal combo! Lately I’ve been doing 5 sets but I vary the reps so 12,10,8,6,12 …if I were just doing sets of 12, I think I could mentally only handle 3 sets!

I usually do three sets too… I can’t pass up anything my mom makes. There are always so many temptations at home. Luckily, she is really good about cooking healthy meals!
    Carolyn recently posted..Vacation Recap

4. Erin says

My mom makes these mint brownies and doubles the frosting and the chocolate layer on top. So one pan calls for 4 sticks of butter! Needless to say they are fabulous. I also can’t pass up her homemade buttercream frosting!

5. Lauren B. says

My parents usually keep at least 5 different kinds of ice cream in the freezer at all times, so I know all bets (and diets) are off when I visit! (Un)fortunately, I usually visit for a week, so it’s seven nights of ice cream!!

Since I live a few hours away from my Mom’s house and only see her every other month or so, without a doubt she makes ALL of my favorites when I go home! Cheesy eggs and cinnamon rolls for breakfast, shephards pie and chocolate cake with homemade whipped cream frosting for dinner & dessert. Mmm, I think it’s time to visit home!
    Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..I am an athlete.

7. nicole says

all the food that you prepared look fantastic and excellent. This blog get my attention because I also love to cook. Appreciate for sharing this matter 
    nicole recently posted..flat rate movers

I always do 3 sets! Never 2, never 4! I actually skipped out on workout A this week because of my half marathon on Sunday. I plan on doing Phase 2 again after the end of the whole bootcamp since I haven’t been able to do it to its fullest. Gotta keep my legs fresh and ready for the race!
    Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Running–Speed Tips

I should have been at your parents house last night for dinner! I love me some grilled chicken, pasta salad, and potatoes. At my house, there were pork chops…and I don’t like pork chops that much. So jealous of your delicious looking dinner. :( I think our family needs to get the grill out soon.

An opportunity to be one-on-one with them. I have 3 siblings (1 sister and 2 brothers) so when I get quality time- even if it’s just errands with Mom or an hour long walk with my dad that I almost DIED on yesterday because I half ran, half walked- it feels great.
    Shannon recently posted..‘Hunger Games’ mania

10. Lindsay A says

You totally called it. Dessert at the parents is an obligation. Whenever i’d come home from college on the weekends, I knew I had no choice but to eat dessert every night. And I did….and I still do….it’s a lovely tradition that I don’t plan on changing anytime soon :-)