A Recipe For Productivity

I have a feeling that today is going to be a REALLY productive day, and that’s all because of one reason…

My workout for the day is already DONE and I’m showered.

Lately, I’ve been doing my workouts while on my early shifts at work, or mid-afternoon if I’m working later in the day. While I like to be able to take my time, I also hate how it seems to make everything else in my day get pushed back. When I workout later like that, I usually don’t hit the shower until late morning or afternoon, and for some reason, I feel like my day is slightly thrown off..

But since I have my workout done early today AND have already showered before 8:00am? Now that is a recipe for productivity with an uppercase P…I hope.

Speaking of workouts…today was a cardio day so I decided to do a round of my Pyramid Treadmill Run. Its been quite some time since I brought this one back into the rotation, but it’s easily a favorite of mine.

Breakfast

After eating oatmeal for three days in a row, it was time to make the ‘ol switcheroo. What better way to switch things up than with waffles?!

It’s definitely been a while since I had some of these in my life, so I picked up a box of Kashi 7 Grain waffles at the store earlier this week. (FYI: I usually buy Vans, but I realized that you get 2 extra waffles with the Kashi for slightly less!)

Today’s waffles were topped with some Justin’s Honey Peanut Butter, banana slices, chia seeds, and a drizzle of sugar-free maple syrup. So, so good.

A delicious mug of coffee was also consumed, thanks to a little splash of our latest caramel creamer.

I don’t always drink beer coffee creamer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis Coffee Mate Natural Bliss. Winking smile

*****

Alright my friends, gotta jet…I have a couple quick group sessions at work, then it’s time to get started on that whole productivity thing. Lots on my list today, so hopefully I can make it happen.

Also – be on the lookout for a new, sweaty circuit workout this afternoon!

Question for the Morning:

What’s the perfect recipe for productivity for you? Workout/shower early? Get right to work?

Comments

I completely agree about early morning workouts and shower right away. Pair that with coffee and a healthy breakfast and nothing beats it!! Good luck with your small group trainings; I have to teach my exercise class tonight too!

LOL at the Dos Equis reference. I love those commercials. I am definitely most productive if I get up and start my day right away, but I am also a night owl and can get a lot done when everyone else has gone to bed already.

I need to pick up some Van’s waffles over the weekend. I’ve been opening my fridge and thinking I could go for a waffle for the past three days, but I’m all out!
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Not Enough Hours

I do love getting workouts done early.. but this means a 4:30 wake up call! I’ve been feeling super tired lately and have been enjoying the extra sleep and working out after work when my fiance can go home for lunch and walk the dog!
    Cait @ Beyond Bananas recently posted..The Teacher’s Life

After working from home for a year and working out in the evenings, my schedule is totally changing next week and I think it will make me much more productive. I’m going back to working in the office and starting morning workouts. I’ll be getting up 2 hours earlier than I am now, heading to the gym, showering there, then going straight to the office. Not excited about getting up earlier, but it will totally free up my evenings and leave me more time to get stuff done!
    Cait @ Cait Hates Cake recently posted..NYC: Day Three

I used to be all about morning work outs, but the last couple of months I have been loving outdoor evening work outs. The extra sun light definitely helps motivate me and going outside in the afternoon warmer temperatures actually sound appealing! During the winter though I definitely prefer to get my work outs done in the morning so I can go straight to my cozy and warm home after work :-)
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Breaking Up is Hard to Do

6. Katie says

I wish I could be as productive as you are. I am definitely a night owl which messes up my mornings. Hopefully when me an the boy move in together (in about one week!!!) my nights will be earlier and my mornings easier! I’d love to get my workouts in before dawn!

Knocking out my workout first thing definitely fuels my productivity levels for the day! Otherwise the rest of my day lags until it’s done! Your pyramid run workout is a favorite of mine too- thanks for reminding me about it :)!

I never used to be a morning person, but lately I’ve been loving getting up and getting everything taken care of before starting the workday. It’s nice to have the afternoons to relax! Is it sad that I miss lighter mornings from pre-daylight savings time because I wouldn’t feel safe running through my downtown neighborhood alone in the dark?

Courtney! I bought the Coffee Mate Carmel Natural coffee creamer on a whim and now it’s my favorite I wish I had found it earlier. The sweet cream flavor is a pretty close second! Coffee where would the world be without you? :)
    Renee recently posted..Fabulous Foodspotting

I bet your day will be productive! I really need to get back with the morning workouts. It really gets you feeling great! Thanks for sharing the coffee creamer. I’m a half and half girl for my coffees, but I need to be on the lookout for coffee mate! :) xoxo
    Juju@GetFitwithJuju recently posted..My Own Victory!!

Doing my workout early in the morning is definitely a jump start for me. I am a type one diabetic, so I find the early morning workout better for my blood glucose levels too. I have less ups and down than I would if I was working out mid-day. I am always so much more productive once I’ve exercised!

When I used to have class at night I had a great habit of working out in the morning. However after my schedule changed I switched my workout to the evening.. I felt much more productive when my workout was over by 7:00am :)

13. Amanda says

Random comment about the waffles. But I just recently bought the Kashi Waffles instead of Van’s to try it out. I’m just not a Van’s fan, I think they taste like cardboard and are a bit too think. But the Kashi ones are perfect! :)

14. Karleen says

I love reading this morning right as I finished a 6am bootcamp and was hopping in the shower! Looking forward to a productive day too! Thanks for your posts!!

i always workout before work becauase if i wait till after, it is either not happening or wouldnt be as intense. plus that way if something comes up, i still started my day off right and can do something fun in the evening! i start my day with exercise, shower, primp and a delicious breakfast while tuning into the news. those are the best ways i feel to set myself up for productivity :-)
    ps i just got kashi waffles too! i typically buy the vans light but someone told me the kashi were just as good so i figured why not?! hopefully they are :-)
    CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com recently posted..Intervention