Colorless

by Courtney on March 30, 2012

My upper body feels slightly like jell-o right now.

Whew! I’ll take that as a good sign that this morning’s upper body workout went well. On tap for today from the Best Body Bootcamp I’m following was an upper body superset workout with cardio intervals. In addition to the six moves upper body moves that were included for today, I also threw in a few moves from my Shredded Shoulders workout…it all looked a little somethin’ like this:

• 5 minute warm up on treadmill
  • Superset #1 – focus on back (with 4 sets)
  • 5 minutes elliptical
  • Superset #2 – focus on chest (with 4 sets)
  • 5 minutes treadmill
  • Superset #3 – focus on shoulders (with 4 sets)
  • 5 minutes elliptical
  • Superset #4 – more shoulder blasting (with 4 sets)
  • 5 minute cool down on elliptical

Great workout, indeed!

*****

Last Night’s Dinner

How’s that for colorless? Yikes…

Although it may look a little bland on color, it certainly was not bland on flavor! I picked up a London Broil this week (on sale), to incorporate as part of my Lean Beef Challenge. Jay took care of everything with it – marinating, grilling, slicing – and he once again proved the fact that he is the only one allowed to cook and prepare lean red meat. Just fabulous.

On the side, I roasted (and slightly burned) some cauliflower and a batch of roasted red potatoes, which we simply cubed up and seasoned with a little Garlic Gold olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

Definitely a “meat and potatoes” (or as my grandma has always called it, “padaydas”) kinda meal. The man of the house was happy. Winking smile

*****

Breakfast

As I was rummaging through the fridge this morning after getting back from my shift at work, I came across some turkey bacon that I totally forgot was even in there (don’t you hate/love when that happens?). After seeing that it was still good, I got to work on making a turkey bacon, egg, and cheese English muffin sandwich.

Whole wheat English muffin, egg, Swiss cheese, turkey bacon, raspberry jam.

Looove. Red heart

And even though it’s Friday, I opted to skip out on Coffee Friday and just enjoyed it at home because I have been loving it THAT much lately.

That caramel creamer just does it for me. Smile

*****

Here’s to hoping that I can keep the productivity flowing this morning/afternoon like I did yesterday. Then it’s a short shift at work, then? It’s the WEEKEND!

Anyone doing anything fun and exciting?!?

1 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 30, 2012 at 9:30 am

After doing body pump for the first time yesterday, my upper body is more than jello! I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend and finishing my book :)
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Nutella Swirl Zucchini Muffins

2 Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife March 30, 2012 at 11:45 am

Wahoo!! BodyPUMP is a great class to get to that jello state :) I feel the same way, girl (I teach it).

And Courtney–lovin’ the shredded shoulders workout!! Happy Weekend!
Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..What I’m Loving-March

3 Courtney March 31, 2012 at 8:16 am

BodyPUMP is definitely an AWESOME class! I’ve taken the past 2 (almost 3!) months off, but I think I may try taking a class again soon. I tend to go in phases…

And I’m glad to hear you like the shoulder workout, Annette! :)

4 Janae Wise March 30, 2012 at 9:32 am

That cauliflower looks delish! How’d you make it? You said you roasted it, but for how long? And I like my roasted veggies, “slightly burned,” I think it adds flavor :).
Janae Wise recently posted..A chat with Dreena Burton

5 Courtney March 30, 2012 at 10:10 am

That batch roasted for about 25 minutes @ 400 degrees

6 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat March 30, 2012 at 9:37 am

Getting kitchen cabinets delivered – and hopefully installing them! :) Can’t wait to have my new kitchen all finished.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Fabulous (Free) Friday

7 chelcie @ chelcie's food files March 30, 2012 at 9:41 am

mmm that egg sandwich looks delicious!! I’m still in Miami for Spring break and I’ll be here till Sunday morning!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Notes from Miami

8 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 30, 2012 at 9:41 am

I love the way that turkey bacon tastes. I can’t stand the smell of regular bacon and I’m not a fan of the taste either but turkey bacon is different.

We are going to our wedding venue on Saturday to pick out all of the details, meet with out florist and bakery! Super excited :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..I’ll Take Mine, Over Easy…

9 Allison March 30, 2012 at 9:44 am

Running the color run with my girlfriends in the morning! You wear all white and each kilometer you get sprayed with a new color of paint! looks so fun!!

Allison recently posted..ashamed

10 Faith @ For the Health of It March 30, 2012 at 9:47 am

I’ve heard of that – it sounds like a really unique race idea. Good luck!!!

11 Courtney March 30, 2012 at 10:09 am

Wow, that sounds like so much fun!! Have a blast! :)

12 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles March 30, 2012 at 9:47 am

Sounds like a quick day full of good energy! You’re going to have a wonderful Friday- which is always the perfect start to the weekend. HAPPY FRIDAY!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Making its Grand Entrance….. Introducing….

13 Cait @ Cait Hates Cake March 30, 2012 at 9:49 am

Tomorrow is the final day of the 10 week workout program I’ve been doing. We get tested, measured, etc tomorrow. Big day! Followed by a big celebration tomorrow night for all the participants. Should be a blast!
Cait @ Cait Hates Cake recently posted..NYC: Day Three

14 Courtney March 30, 2012 at 10:08 am

Ooooo, good luck and have fun!!

15 Dawn March 30, 2012 at 9:51 am

My upper body is on fire also. Yesterday was chest and today was back tomorrow will finish up my upper body before my rest day.

You reminded me that I have not used garlic gold in awhile….I think I see garlic in my future.

16 Khushboo March 30, 2012 at 9:52 am

Is it terrible that the first thing I thought when I saW your breakfast was ‘perfect hangover food’? ;)…looks delicious though!
Khushboo recently posted..Bad habits die hard

17 Courtney March 30, 2012 at 10:07 am

Hahaha…already thinking ahead to the weekend, Khushboo? ;)

18 Khushboo March 30, 2012 at 10:10 am

Planning ahead….look at me being all ‘responsible’ ;)

19 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed March 30, 2012 at 9:54 am

rehearsal in the AM, then hiking, then strength training tomorrow night. Sunday is PIE DAY. I am making 4.
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Lionel Richie in District 12

20 Courtney March 30, 2012 at 10:06 am

4 pies?!? Sign me UP! When should I be there? ;)

21 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed March 30, 2012 at 10:08 am

hahaha, they’re going in the freezer pre bake! 2 are for passover 2 are for easter!!
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Lionel Richie in District 12

22 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third March 30, 2012 at 9:59 am

So random…. But I’m going to a drag show tomorrow night for a bachelorette party… Should be interesting!!!
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Wedding Recap: About To Wake Up A Bride

23 Courtney March 30, 2012 at 10:06 am

Hahaha, I bet that’s going to be hilarious! Have fun!!

24 Carolyn March 30, 2012 at 10:00 am

I wanted to plant bulbs but it looks like the rain is coming. So, I am crossing my fingers for Sunday. I know it doesn’t sound exciting but it is amazing when they bloom!
Carolyn recently posted..Company While I Worked

25 Becca March 30, 2012 at 10:01 am

I have never tried jelly with eggs and bacon :) I see so many people do it and everyone seems to love it.
Nothing fun and exciting for me tonight.. Unless the gym counts!! I need to go and find some workout inspiration!
Becca recently posted..Hunger Games – Date Night!

26 Yellow Haired Girl March 30, 2012 at 10:20 am

Ahhhh that turkey bacon took my breath away ;) seriously, that looks so delicious.

Yay for the weekend! Excited to relax, see friends, maybe take in a movie? Who knows – I’m just happy it’s here!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Condiments & A Sipping Snapshot

27 Lena @Fit on the Rocks March 30, 2012 at 10:38 am

Colorless or not, that dinner looks delish! My weekend won’t be the most healthy…I’ve agreed to join a team for my co-worker’s going away pub golf crawl event. Should be interesting lol
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Revenge of My Lunch

28 Steph @ StephSnacks March 30, 2012 at 10:44 am

That super set sounds awesome. I think I am going to do something similar tomorrow at the gym! Very inspiring :)
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..The Most Dangerous Limits

29 jasper naomi @ crunchylittlebites March 30, 2012 at 10:45 am

your dinner looks like an awesome “Beef, it’s what’s for dinner” ad … you’re cute (I don’t think it looks colorless ;) )

also, I’d love to get your opinion of the question I posted on my blog today, Courtney!
jasper naomi @ crunchylittlebites recently posted..I’m gunna eat an unhealthy fat

30 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine March 30, 2012 at 10:45 am

I love that you put bacon on your egg and jelly sandwich – it looks delish!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Resolutions Progress Week 12

31 Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls March 30, 2012 at 11:01 am

I’m seeing Legally Blonde the Musical Tonight!
Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls recently posted..Say Aloha to My Little Friend

32 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride March 30, 2012 at 11:08 am

TGIF! You just reminded me that I have 2 packages of turkey bacon in my freezer. I’ll be eating some turkey bacon egg sandwiches this weekend!

I have date night tonight with my fiance and a friend’s bridal shower this weekend. I’m looking forward to a more relaxed weekend for once :)
Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..The Groom’s involvement & Save the Dates

33 Jessica @ The Process of Healing March 30, 2012 at 11:11 am

That dinner looks delicious! I wish I liked cauliflower..
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..Picture Overload

34 Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt March 30, 2012 at 11:18 am

I plan on sleeping in and catching up on DVR! I have a few recipes I want to make. For me that’s a perfect weekend
Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt recently posted..Barley Contain Myself

35 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers March 30, 2012 at 11:40 am

Great workout! I’m all pumped up to do my workout tonight, thanks for that! I want my arms to feel like jello too. Have a great weekend!!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Sandwich / Foodie Penpal

36 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat March 30, 2012 at 12:41 pm

2 Birthday dinners for the hubby’s B-day this weekend! I’m most excited for the Sunday BBQ with friends! I might be making a naughty but delicious peanut butter chocolate mousse cheesecake……… :) Have a good weekend girl!!
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Foodie PenPals

37 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers March 30, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Great eats! I usually only have time for egg sandwiches and coffee on weekends, but that makes Saturday and Sunday mornings that much better!
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Gimme A Break

38 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 30, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Nothing too exciting here … which can also be kind of nice. ;) Long run planned tomorrow, while the husband is golfing. And I’m sure plenty of basketball will be watched!

Have a great day!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Guest Post: So you want to bake your own bread …

39 Kalyn March 30, 2012 at 5:21 pm

OMG– I just got back from the gym & I tried your Shredded Shoulder Workout. Holy moley– I didn’t realize how much I under work my shoulders. They will definitely be sore tomorrow. Thanks for inspiring a great work out :)

40 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats March 30, 2012 at 6:06 pm

That breakfast sandwich looks absolutely delicious!!! I love turkey bacon!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Miss Representation

41 Amanda March 31, 2012 at 1:19 am

That looks good! On another note, how are you finding doing split shifts after teaching?

42 Courtney March 31, 2012 at 8:19 am

Haha, it’s definitely VERY different. Some days, I like it more than others – for example, the split shifts give me a good amount of time during the day to work on the blog, which I couldn’t do before – but sometimes I do miss just being home for the evening.
I just takes a little getting used to, but I actually only do split shifts 3 days a week, so it’s not that bad!

43 Lisa March 31, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I really need to try the egg, jelly and cheese combo! It actually sounds really good to me! I woke up yesterday with a horrid sickness so my weekend will be recovering from that…boring!
Lisa recently posted..Fitness Faves

44 Shannon March 31, 2012 at 1:40 pm

I had my Talent Show last night at school. I was sooooooooo afraid that I was going to screw up the whole piece in front of the audience, but I only made a couple of noticeable (in my part) mistakes. The rest of the girls that participated were amazing! I’m so sad that a couple of them are seniors, and won’t be able to participate next year- those 4 were awesome.
Shannon recently posted..‘Hunger Games’ mania