Colorless

My upper body feels slightly like jell-o right now.

Whew! I’ll take that as a good sign that this morning’s upper body workout went well. On tap for today from the Best Body Bootcamp I’m following was an upper body superset workout with cardio intervals. In addition to the six moves upper body moves that were included for today, I also threw in a few moves from my Shredded Shoulders workout…it all looked a little somethin’ like this:

• 5 minute warm up on treadmill
  • Superset #1 – focus on back (with 4 sets)
  • 5 minutes elliptical
  • Superset #2 – focus on chest (with 4 sets)
  • 5 minutes treadmill
  • Superset #3 – focus on shoulders (with 4 sets)
  • 5 minutes elliptical
  • Superset #4 – more shoulder blasting (with 4 sets)
  • 5 minute cool down on elliptical

Great workout, indeed!

*****

Last Night’s Dinner

How’s that for colorless? Yikes…

Although it may look a little bland on color, it certainly was not bland on flavor! I picked up a London Broil this week (on sale), to incorporate as part of my Lean Beef Challenge. Jay took care of everything with it – marinating, grilling, slicing – and he once again proved the fact that he is the only one allowed to cook and prepare lean red meat. Just fabulous.

On the side, I roasted (and slightly burned) some cauliflower and a batch of roasted red potatoes, which we simply cubed up and seasoned with a little Garlic Gold olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

Definitely a “meat and potatoes” (or as my grandma has always called it, “padaydas”) kinda meal. The man of the house was happy. Winking smile

*****

Breakfast

As I was rummaging through the fridge this morning after getting back from my shift at work, I came across some turkey bacon that I totally forgot was even in there (don’t you hate/love when that happens?). After seeing that it was still good, I got to work on making a turkey bacon, egg, and cheese English muffin sandwich.

Whole wheat English muffin, egg, Swiss cheese, turkey bacon, raspberry jam.

Looove. Red heart

And even though it’s Friday, I opted to skip out on Coffee Friday and just enjoyed it at home because I have been loving it THAT much lately.

That caramel creamer just does it for me. Smile

*****

Here’s to hoping that I can keep the productivity flowing this morning/afternoon like I did yesterday. Then it’s a short shift at work, then? It’s the WEEKEND!

Anyone doing anything fun and exciting?!?

Comments

• Courtney says

BodyPUMP is definitely an AWESOME class! I’ve taken the past 2 (almost 3!) months off, but I think I may try taking a class again soon. I tend to go in phases…

And I’m glad to hear you like the shoulder workout, Annette! :)

Tomorrow is the final day of the 10 week workout program I’ve been doing. We get tested, measured, etc tomorrow. Big day! Followed by a big celebration tomorrow night for all the participants. Should be a blast!
    Cait @ Cait Hates Cake recently posted..NYC: Day Three

2. Dawn says

My upper body is on fire also. Yesterday was chest and today was back tomorrow will finish up my upper body before my rest day.

You reminded me that I have not used garlic gold in awhile….I think I see garlic in my future.

2 Birthday dinners for the hubby’s B-day this weekend! I’m most excited for the Sunday BBQ with friends! I might be making a naughty but delicious peanut butter chocolate mousse cheesecake……… :) Have a good weekend girl!!
    Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Foodie PenPals

4. Kalyn says

OMG– I just got back from the gym & I tried your Shredded Shoulder Workout. Holy moley– I didn’t realize how much I under work my shoulders. They will definitely be sore tomorrow. Thanks for inspiring a great work out :)

• Courtney says

Haha, it’s definitely VERY different. Some days, I like it more than others – for example, the split shifts give me a good amount of time during the day to work on the blog, which I couldn’t do before – but sometimes I do miss just being home for the evening.
      I just takes a little getting used to, but I actually only do split shifts 3 days a week, so it’s not that bad!

I really need to try the egg, jelly and cheese combo! It actually sounds really good to me! I woke up yesterday with a horrid sickness so my weekend will be recovering from that…boring!
    Lisa recently posted..Fitness Faves

I had my Talent Show last night at school. I was sooooooooo afraid that I was going to screw up the whole piece in front of the audience, but I only made a couple of noticeable (in my part) mistakes. The rest of the girls that participated were amazing! I’m so sad that a couple of them are seniors, and won’t be able to participate next year- those 4 were awesome.
    Shannon recently posted..‘Hunger Games’ mania