Fashion Friday: What I’m Loving Lately

by Courtney on March 30, 2012

Heyyyy, check it out! It’s a Fashion Friday post! I’ve been wanting to put one of these together for a couple weeks, and I finally got the chance.

So now…here’s a little peek at what I’m loving lately!

*****

Fashion Scarves: Anything that screams “spring!”

I’ve always been a fan of wearing scarves, but there are just so many cute ones out right now that are perfect for the spring season. (If you haven’t seen it already, check out the video I posted with 25 Ways to Wear a Scarf!) I’m hoping to grab another bright and colorful one soon.

Denim: Colored Skinny Jeans (these are from Target)

I’ve been so on the fence with the colored denim, but lately I feel like I’m starting to come around. Gina posted about them the other day, and Clare looked super cute in her blue skinnies last week. I’m thinking about trying on a pair…we’ll see how it goes.

Nail Polish: O.P.I Holland Collection “I Don’t Give a Rotterdam”

source

I got my tootsies painted in this color last week but now I want to buy a bottle of my own. I love it! Much different from my usual color choices.

Sports Bra: C9 by Champion Vented Sports Bra

IMG_3110-002

I couldn’t find this particular model online, but it was in stores and has quickly become a favorite. It gives a little bit of shape (which I most definitely need), just enough support, and is super comfy to boot.

Cross-Training Sneakers: Puma Pumagility

You may remember that back in February, I bought a new pair of running sneakers, but I’ve been a very, very bad girl and have been wearing them for everything. All day, everyday at work, for every type of workout I do. I really would like to keep those just for running, so I’ve been looking to invest in another pair of cross-trainers. This pair got voted “runner-up” in the April issue of Fitness Magazine…now I’ve just got to find them in a store to try on!

Pinterest Inspiration: Lots cute outfit ideas I love…

Okay…maybe I’m just kidding on that last one. Winking smile

Question for the Afternoon:

What fashion finds are you loving lately?

1 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance March 30, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I’ve been wanting to try out colored denim too. I think you’ve convinced me to go try those on at Target..
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Crispy Garlic Parmesan Asparagus

2 Molly Antos March 30, 2012 at 1:09 pm

i have a pair of green skinny jeans from j crew and i L-O-V-E them :) highly recommend!

3 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries March 30, 2012 at 1:12 pm

the bright colored skinny jeans have really grown on me recently too. at first, i didn’t like them much and thought they were a little too “bold” for my taste, but now i’m really starting to like them! i’m going shopping this afternoon for some new spring attire, so i might just have to pick up a pair myself. ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Friday [Recipe] Favorites

4 Renee March 30, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I’m loving scarfs right now too especially with this crazy weather I can use them for warmth&fashion! Sandles & sundresses! I’ve never shopped at maurice’s but I got a postcard in the mail with the cutest blue and white stripped dress with a brown belt. I know need to find it online!
Renee recently posted..Green Thumbs and Things…

5 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride March 30, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I can’t decide how I feel about the colored denim yet either! I keep thinking it’s cute but I don’t know, I’m just not sold yet!

I’m loving the bright (almost fluorescent), bold, geometric patterns out there right now (at Ann Taylor, Banana, Jcrew, etc) but I have a feeling I’ll regret buying too much of it.

6 Whitney March 30, 2012 at 1:31 pm

I’m loving the colored skinny jeans right now too. This is going to sound really snobbish but I tried the ones on at Target and they were awful… felt very cheap and did not fit good. I ended up trying on a pair of Paige jeans at Nordstrom Rack and fell in love. They fit so well and just feel better in general too. I am always for a bargain and hate paying lots of money on clothes but I have found that it is worth it for jeans! :)

7 Courtney March 30, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I totally agree! I have no problem paying $5.00 for a top, bag, or shoes, but I will pay top dollar for a good, solid-fitting pair of jeans. There’s nothing else like it! :)

8 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 30, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Thanks for sharing some of those ideas! For those of us who aren’t as good with fashion (cough cough me cough cough), it’s nice to have some help! ;)

9 Lindsey March 30, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Love the second Pinterest outfit!
I love bright scarves, colored skinny jeans and TOMS right now :)
Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday

10 Becca March 30, 2012 at 1:46 pm

I love scarfs, Banana Repuplic had some really pretty spring colors in. I think the colored denim looks great on almost everyone I have seen wearing it, however I really don’t know if I could pull it off…
It’s not so much a fashion find but I really want a pair of TOMS! When I first saw them I thought they were kinda odd looking, now I can’t wait to buy a pair! They really grew on me :)
Becca recently posted..Hunger Games – Date Night!

11 Courtney March 30, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I’m the same way with TOMS right now! I was also the same way with UGGS and they grew on me in a big way…
Haha, I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before I cave :)

12 Erin March 30, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I love the idea of colored denim but for someone who only wears jeans a few times a week I decided that colored cropped pants would be more practical. I can wear those to the office AND out on weekends. I just recently bought a green pair that I love.
Erin recently posted..Gray Day

13 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope March 30, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I’ve been loving the spring scarves lately. They are so pretty! I also want to try colored denim jeans but I’m afraid they will look stupid. I guess I don’t know until I try! :)

I love all of the outfits you posted! They are all super cute!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..I’ll Take Mine, Over Easy…

14 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles March 30, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I was a tad worried about you when I saw those glasses- WOWZA! Then again, I bet you could pull them off and look super cute…… Each outfit is super adorable!

15 Courtney March 30, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Hahaha…perhaps I could start a new trend? ;)

16 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine March 30, 2012 at 1:58 pm

I am loving the colored denim – but it just looks SO weird on me. If I can find a pair that doesn’t look weird I will definitely buy them!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Resolutions Progress Week 12

17 Lynn March 30, 2012 at 2:24 pm

SCARVES!! They make me happy! I feel like adding a good scarf to an outfit really chics it up a bit and I’ve been buying them like mad. I actually bought the one that you just got but realized when I got home that I have a solid scarf in that exact shade of minty green. I’ve returned it so I can get something in the blue, aqua or turquoise family to switch it up a bit.

I am loving the colored denim too, but as others have posted, those from Target we VERY unforgiving on me. My hips and thighs require a bit more structure than those provide. I heard a quote that for women, finding the right pair of jeans is harder than finding the right man, ain’t that the truth!? The other concern is picking a versatile color that will go with a lot of my current wardrobe, apparently I own a slew of pink tops (but only just realized this), so green? Blue?

As for Tom’s I’m about to get onboard with those myself, check these purdy puppies out: http://www.toms.com/womens/classics/silver-crochet-women-s-classics I friggin love them!

18 Lynn March 30, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Now you’ve got me on the hunt, lol. I’ve had luck with Gap jeans in the past and skinny jeans don’t always look good on me, so here’s an alternative for others like me that want the colored denim, but not the skinny style: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=48607&vid=1&pid=251056&scid=251056012 I might have to go shopping this weekend ;)

19 Yellow Haired Girl March 30, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Love the colored denim – I want a mint green pair of jeans!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Condiments & A Sipping Snapshot

20 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat March 30, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I LOVE Scarves! I used to think I couldn’t wear them, but now I totally rock them all the time! I dunno about the colored jeans, but everything else look way cute! Those wedges are soo tall- I’d almost be as tall as my hubby in those! :)
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Foodie PenPals

21 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction March 30, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I love the scarves! I am also in love with the last two outfits. The shorts with the button up and those accessories look cute.
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Eating Update…

22 Khushboo March 30, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I’m with u on the colored jean trend- love all the bright shades! J Brand have amazing colors and given the fit, it’s worth the price tag!
Khushboo recently posted..Bad habits die hard

23 clare @ fittingitallin March 30, 2012 at 4:05 pm

aww thanks for the mention! <3 you

24 Shari March 30, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Scarves are my favorite … there’s just something so fun and carefree about them!

LOVE the second outfit you posted. I have a bracelet that’s almost identical!
Shari recently posted..May the odds be ever in your favor.

25 Kat @ Balance & Spice March 30, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Colored jeans are tough for me. I have tried them on and always look like the Jewish easter bunny. I’ll keep trying though – the dark orange ones are always really alluring to me.
Kat @ Balance & Spice recently posted..I Love Birthdays. And Sleep.

26 Michelle (Better with Berries) March 30, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Love scarves – they’re definitely my favorite accessory! I have way more than I know what to do with :-)
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..WIAW: Columbia Star Dinner Train

27 Amanda @ Let Me Be What's Underneath March 30, 2012 at 9:07 pm

I love the scarves and the bright colored pants! I wasn’t sure about the bright colored jeans at first, but I’m beginning to like them- a lot!
Amanda @ Let Me Be What’s Underneath recently posted..When I grow up…

28 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 30, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I’ve been wanting to purchase some colored denim! And I love that green dress!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Chicken Foil Packet

29 Alison March 31, 2012 at 12:39 am

I love scarves too! I was browsing yesterday thinking of buying a new “springy” one, but I have so many at home that I had to resist. :)
Alison recently posted..Making Room for Exercise

30 Liz March 31, 2012 at 2:44 am

Those get up are adoring. Unique and fashionable.
Liz recently posted..Hcg Diet Accelerator

31 Cindy March 31, 2012 at 6:23 am

Blue jeans – definitely me! Love all the other stuff too! Light and trendy!
Cindy recently posted..Free MacBook Air

32 Debbie (accidently delish) March 31, 2012 at 11:29 am

I love the fashion scarves but I feel like I can’t pull them off! My style is so laid back that when I try to dress cute I feel “out of place” if you will. Haha. I love those leopard flats! That outfit is so cute!!

33 Shannon March 31, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I love the spring scarves- the colors make me feel so peppy and springlike.

All of those Pinterest found outfits would look amazing on you! If you find them, you should buy a couple and post you in the outfit alongside the picture of the outfit.
Shannon recently posted..‘Hunger Games’ mania