A Reliable Standby

by Courtney on March 31, 2012

So for the past two weekends, my exercise routine has been pretty much non-existent. First it was our St. Patrick’s Day party, and last week my only real excuse was that I was just feeling too lazy. With the Best Body Bootcamp program I’ve been following, my weekdays have certainly been filled with some pretty amazing workouts, so I really wasn’t too worried about it. And actually, up until this morning, I was pretty sure I was just going to continue the trend.

But as soon as I got home from work, I found myself with a sudden urge to kick and punch my face off with my good pal, Chris Freytag and her 10lb. Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing. It had been over a month since I last did the workout, and it’s always such a fun one to come back to. Definitely a reliable standby on the exercise-at-home front.

Once I finished up kickboxing, I did something that I’ve been needing to do for a LONG time now…

Oh yoga, how I have missed you. After only 20 minutes, I immediately felt my muscles relaxing, which is definitely what I needed. Again…WHY do I not practice yoga more often? It always feels so good, especially with the tight muscles happenin’ up in here right now. Whew!

By the time I finished up with yoga, Cody had just about had it with waiting for me to play with him. He had been circling around me the entire time so I made sure to play some afternoon fetch, x2. Yes, somehow, another milk jug tab happened to come out of hiding…who knows where that one may have been.

He is quite the character today. Must be from all that rest he had last night. Winking smile

Oh yeah, and that box right there that Cody is guarding? There’s some serious goods in there.  We’ll be talking a bit more about that during the week, don’t you worry.

Lunch

Post-workout and play time, it was lunch time. Or shall I say, seriously delicious Mexican egg burrito time?

Here’s what we’ve got…just in case you want in on this glorious creation:

• 1 LaTortilla Factory Low Carb Whole Wheat Wrap
  • 1/2 diced tomato
  • 1/3 cup black beans
  • 2 cups fresh spinach
  • 1/3 cup Egg Beaters
  • 2 tbsp feta cheese
  • Salsa

To make, I quickly sautéed the tomatoes, black beans, and spinach just until the spinach was wilted. Then I added in the Egg Beaters, scrambled until cooked through, and placed it in the wrap. Topped with cheese and salsa, rolled it up, and voila!

This was one seriously hefty burrito. Not only was it large in size but it was super filling. Four hours later and I’m still good to go.

Jay and I just decided that we’re going to head out on the town to one of our favorite local spots this evening, so it’s about time to go get ready. Woop!

1 Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio March 31, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I love breakfast burritos! So filling.
Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio recently posted..Spring Engagement Photos

2 Kristen @ notsodomesticated March 31, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I love that Cody wants to play fetch … when I had a cat as a kid, he didn’t want to do ANYTHING. Cody is so much more fun! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Guest Post: So you want to bake your own bread …

3 Christina March 31, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I love the western egg beaters! i have some every mornign with a lil bit of turkey sausage and slice of 2% chesse! Yum!

4 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life March 31, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I think I need to get some yoga in this weekend too. I increased my weights in the bootcamp an my muscles are really feelin it.
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Subway Churros and French Toast

5 Yellow Haired Girl March 31, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I think I probably make breakfast burritos about three times a week – they’re so easy to eat when I’m late for work (which is often). I just bought a new yoga mat today! I figured if I bought a new one, I’d be motivated to do it more often. Let’s see how this goes ;) enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Condiments & A Sipping Snapshot

6 Courtney April 1, 2012 at 3:14 pm

That’s what I’m hoping too – I just got a new yoga mat (which you’ll be seeing later this week) and I think it definitely helps motivate me :)

7 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles March 31, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Enjoy your night out on the town! :) ……That burrito is going to rock my socks off tonight or tomorrow when I get the chance to make it. Looks delicious!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Making its Grand Entrance….. Introducing….

8 Jill @ Jill is Active March 31, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Sounds like a great Saturday! I love doing yoga on the weekend, it just tends to feel more relaxing to me because I know the rest of the day’s plans are up to me. No rushing to work or having to get ready for the next day.

Have fun tonight! :)
Jill @ Jill is Active recently posted..Stick to the plan *Saturday*

9 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 31, 2012 at 8:43 pm

That burrito looks fantastic!

10 Liz @ iheartvegetables March 31, 2012 at 10:15 pm

I always forget how much I enjoy yoga. And I won’t do it for like a month, and then when I finally do I fall in love again.

Awkward cycle, I know ;)
Liz @ iheartvegetables recently posted..Cookie Dough Granola [for me... and you]

11 Lisa March 31, 2012 at 11:43 pm

I haven’t had a breakfast burrito in way too long, I think that makes me crave one for dinner though…and I haven’t done yoga in forever…maybe while I’m sick I’ll be doing that since I have no energy for much else!!
Lisa recently posted..Fitness Faves

12 Khushboo March 31, 2012 at 11:46 pm

My hamstrings are begging for some yoga- hopefully I can get my hands on some good podcast!
Khushboo recently posted..Bad habits die hard

13 Crosby March 31, 2012 at 11:57 pm

I like the Mexican Egg Burrito really delish. And I do kickboxing in the morning, before I go to work.
Crosby recently posted..How to Make a Solar Panel

14 Ali April 1, 2012 at 11:26 pm

hi!! i read your blog all the time and i’ve always meant to ask/recommend to you about fetch with cody–try elastic hairbands. my cat plays fetch too and he looooves the elastic hairbands. you can shoot them super far. has cody ever done that? i’ve always wanted to ask. if not, you should try it and see if he likes it as much as my kitty does!

15 Courtney April 2, 2012 at 5:36 am

Thanks for the tip – I’m going to have to try that! He always tries to grab my hair ties, but I’ve never tried using them for fetch. How fun! :)