Do You Know What Today Is?

It’s National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day!

And you want to know the only reason I actually know that?

It’s because one of my latest peanut butter recipes was featured in today’s Top 9 on the DailyBuzz Healthy Living site!

I was quite excited to see that they linked up to my recent White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Batter Bars – definitely a delicious way to celebrate today’s holiday, if you ask me. Winking smile

Then again, I do love me some plain ‘ol, PB & J every now and then, whether it’s sandwiched in between protein pancakes, loaded on a nice thick bagel, topped on some rice cakes, or just as a classic sandwich.

What’s your favorite way to enjoy the classic PB & J?

You’d think that with all of this PB&J talk, that’s what would have been on the menu for today’s lunch, right? But I actually had other plans in mind…

Veggies and I didn’t have much of a chance to bond over the weekend, which I was quickly reminded of when I couldn’t close the veggie drawer in the fridge after grocery shopping yesterday.

But just a little time apart was all we needed, because I was honestly looking forward to this thing all morning.

Filled with romaine, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, carrots, bread & butter pickles, sugar snap peas, leftover cauliflower, black beans, and feta cheese.

And for a little carby crunch, some pre-portioned Kashi crackers on the side.

Pre-portioned because Kashis are a dangerous snack for me. I cannot be trusted with the box.

I’m headed off to an afternoon shift at work in a little while, but be on the lookout this evening for a LOVEly little surprise. Winking smile

Question for the Afternoon:

Are you celebrating National Peanut Butter Day today?

I am not a fan of peanut butter and jelly, however I love them both separately! A little strange :) my favorite peanut butter item would be a white chocolate, caramel apple from the chocolate store at prime outlets in Williamsburg. It’s fantastic!!
    Becca recently posted..Family Day

2. Briana says

Haha this is so weird because I just finished a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch before I knew about today!

3. Katie says

I had PB & J for lunch and I had no idea! Yay me! Now I’ll have to make something delish for dessert :-)

I hope I’m not the only one who kept singing “it’s peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time” while reading the rest of your post…

I think peanut butter and fluff might still be my favorite way to enjoy PB! Although I haven’t had pb & fluff in at least 15 years!!!
    Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..Saying YES to the Dress

5. Kelli says

I did not know it was national PB&J day but I had it on whole wheat waffles for breakfast today! PB&J is usually on the menu everyday for me. I love it!

I had no clue it was PBJ day. Exciting your recipe was featured! I love PB&J together…I haven’t had any PB today yet…I had peanut flour but that doesn’t count I guess. Well, its still early so I have all day :)
    Lisa recently posted..April Adventures

I had a peanut butter sandwich on Bella Napoli Italian bread (hold the crust) for lunch today. It was quite tasty. :)

I’ve never had a genuine PB&J before in my life. I should probably try that soon, before the tomatoes start flying at me.

Congrats on being in the top 9- they’d be crazy not to have your recipe up there. Those bars look delicious!
    Shannon recently posted..Cell phone etiquette

i only found out it was PBJ day after i packed my lunch! but my favorite way to enjoy peanut butter in general is PB banana and honey grilled sandwich with a seriously cold glass of vanilla almond milk. It makes me want to have that for dinner!!
    i have to agree about the kashi crackers. I love the plain 7 grain because they are salty, a little sweet and sooo crunchy! all my favorites combined into one!
    CJ @ recently posted..Socially Awkward

9. Olivia says

What size bowl are you using for your salad? Every time I make a salad in a normal sized bowl its like overflowing! haha