Do You Know What Today Is?

by Courtney on April 2, 2012

It’s National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day!

And you want to know the only reason I actually know that?

It’s because one of my latest peanut butter recipes was featured in today’s Top 9 on the DailyBuzz Healthy Living site!

pbandjday

I was quite excited to see that they linked up to my recent White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Batter Bars – definitely a delicious way to celebrate today’s holiday, if you ask me. Winking smile

Then again, I do love me some plain ‘ol, PB & J every now and then, whether it’s sandwiched in between protein pancakes, loaded on a nice thick bagel, topped on some rice cakes, or just as a classic sandwich.

What’s your favorite way to enjoy the classic PB & J?

*****

Lunch

You’d think that with all of this PB&J talk, that’s what would have been on the menu for today’s lunch, right? But I actually had other plans in mind…

Veggies and I didn’t have much of a chance to bond over the weekend, which I was quickly reminded of when I couldn’t close the veggie drawer in the fridge after grocery shopping yesterday.

But just a little time apart was all we needed, because I was honestly looking forward to this thing all morning.

Filled with romaine, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, carrots, bread & butter pickles, sugar snap peas, leftover cauliflower, black beans, and feta cheese.

And for a little carby crunch, some pre-portioned Kashi crackers on the side.

Pre-portioned because Kashis are a dangerous snack for me. I cannot be trusted with the box.

*****

I’m headed off to an afternoon shift at work in a little while, but be on the lookout this evening for a LOVEly little surprise. Winking smile

Question for the Afternoon:

Are you celebrating National Peanut Butter Day today?

1 chelcie @ chelcie's food files April 2, 2012 at 1:26 pm

i had peanut butter banana overnight oats this morning!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..End of Vacation Woes

2 Khushboo April 2, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I may get shocked inpressions for admitting that I think PB&J is kinda overrated. I mean I enjoy it but the combo doesn’t stand a chance again PB & banana :)
Khushboo recently posted..Feeling hormonal

3 Magali April 2, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I totally agree! I tried the PB & banana combo for the first time today and it was way better than PB&J. I’m hooked. ;)

4 Gabby @ the veggie nook April 2, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Amazing. I now feel justified in eating a PB&J for dinner :)

5 Becca April 2, 2012 at 1:34 pm

I am not a fan of peanut butter and jelly, however I love them both separately! A little strange :) my favorite peanut butter item would be a white chocolate, caramel apple from the chocolate store at prime outlets in Williamsburg. It’s fantastic!!
Becca recently posted..Family Day

6 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 2, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Those crackers are fantastic! I made my hubby 2 PB & J’s for lunch today. :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Fabulous (Free) Friday

7 Briana April 2, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Haha this is so weird because I just finished a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch before I knew about today!

8 Liz @ Tip Top Shape April 2, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I had no idea it was nationl pb and j day!! When I saw that all I could think about was that one song that went, “Peanut butter jelly time! Peanut butter jelly time!” lol
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Decisions

9 Yellow Haired Girl April 2, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I haven’t celebrated yet … but it’s pretty much a guarantee that I will be eating some somewhere along the way today :)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..So Many New Things

10 Katie April 2, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I had PB & J for lunch and I had no idea! Yay me! Now I’ll have to make something delish for dessert :-)

11 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 2, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Hmmm I think I may need to make myself a little sandwich to celebrate this very special occasion! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Bipolar eating at its finest.

12 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope April 2, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I love peanut butter and jelly! It’s definitely a classic and one of my favorites. I didn’t know it was a national day for celebrating though! I will definitely need to enjoy pb & j sometime this evening! Yay! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Weekend Of Wedding…

13 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride April 2, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I hope I’m not the only one who kept singing “it’s peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time” while reading the rest of your post…

I think peanut butter and fluff might still be my favorite way to enjoy PB! Although I haven’t had pb & fluff in at least 15 years!!!
Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..Saying YES to the Dress

14 Kelli April 2, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I did not know it was national PB&J day but I had it on whole wheat waffles for breakfast today! PB&J is usually on the menu everyday for me. I love it!

15 Alaina April 2, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I had some peanut butter on toast but no jelly to accompany it. It’s National Peanut Butter day to me everyday! :-)
Alaina recently posted..Sunday Stuff

16 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance April 2, 2012 at 2:04 pm

PB&J is one of the only ways I enjoy peanut butter. Contrary to almost all other healthy living bloggers, I really don’t like peanut butter!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Effortless Baked Asian Chicken

17 Jill @ Jill is Active April 2, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Hmm I don’t think I’ll be celebrating because I only keep almond butter in the house… when is that day?!

18 Lindsey April 2, 2012 at 2:38 pm

I haven’t yet, but the day is still young ;)
I love just a plain old pb&j :) I think I ate them for 15 years straight in my school lunches, only sandwich I’d eat!
Lindsey recently posted..Weekend Wrap Up

19 Cait @ Cait Hates Cake April 2, 2012 at 3:08 pm

My favorite way to eat pb&j is on toast, so the peanut butter gets all melty!
Cait @ Cait Hates Cake recently posted..FXB: 10 Week Challenge Results

20 erica April 2, 2012 at 3:15 pm

i think i’ll have a pb&j today for the occasion! =)
erica recently posted..baby time {not me, obviously}

21 Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls April 2, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I certainly will now! I think I will make a batch of peanut butter granola or maybe some peanut butter cookies yum :)
Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls recently posted..Paint the Weekend Pink

22 Lisa April 2, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I had no clue it was PBJ day. Exciting your recipe was featured! I love PB&J together…I haven’t had any PB today yet…I had peanut flour but that doesn’t count I guess. Well, its still early so I have all day :)
Lisa recently posted..April Adventures

23 Brandi April 2, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I had chocolate nut butter this morning! With gluten-free toast and a banana! Yum! That is how I celebrated. :) No jelly though.. :(

24 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries April 2, 2012 at 3:30 pm

i LOVE PB&J! the sweet & salty combo has been a favorite since i’ve been little. my favorite way to enjoy PB&J now is on an open faced piece of wheat toast. i love how the peanut butter gets all melty!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..April Snuck Up On Me!

25 jasper naomi @ crunchylittlebites April 2, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I had no idea it was national peanut butter jelly day! – I believe I shall celebrate with a p b and j for dinner after a long day …I hear pb gives weird dreams o we’ll see how that goes, eating pb and j for dinner just before bedtime!
jasper naomi @ crunchylittlebites recently posted..all the single ladies

26 Shannon April 2, 2012 at 4:02 pm

I had a peanut butter sandwich on Bella Napoli Italian bread (hold the crust) for lunch today. It was quite tasty. :)

I’ve never had a genuine PB&J before in my life. I should probably try that soon, before the tomatoes start flying at me.

Congrats on being in the top 9- they’d be crazy not to have your recipe up there. Those bars look delicious!
Shannon recently posted..Cell phone etiquette

27 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 2, 2012 at 4:57 pm

I had a pb & j for lunch to celebrate today! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..My Bridal Shower

28 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com April 2, 2012 at 5:12 pm

i only found out it was PBJ day after i packed my lunch! but my favorite way to enjoy peanut butter in general is PB banana and honey grilled sandwich with a seriously cold glass of vanilla almond milk. It makes me want to have that for dinner!!
i have to agree about the kashi crackers. I love the plain 7 grain because they are salty, a little sweet and sooo crunchy! all my favorites combined into one!
CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com recently posted..Socially Awkward

29 Danica @ It's Progression Not Perfection April 2, 2012 at 5:32 pm

I don’t like jelly actually (sad, I know), but I definitely celebrated with peanut butter on my breakfast oats this morning!
Danica @ It’s Progression Not Perfection recently posted..Workouts 3/25 – 3/31

30 Olivia April 2, 2012 at 5:45 pm

What size bowl are you using for your salad? Every time I make a salad in a normal sized bowl its like overflowing! haha

31 Angela April 2, 2012 at 7:48 pm

I have recently made grilled pb&j. Very tasty!

32 Nina April 3, 2012 at 8:42 am