All Good Things Must Come To An End

Thank goodness things are finally starting to slow down juuuuust a bit over here. The past three days were so busy that by the time I got home from work/working out/eye doctor appointment/bridesmaid dress shopping yesterday afternoon, I had to throw in the towel. I could slowly feel my anxiety starting to get the best of me over little things that really didn’t deserve the attention, so I knew I needed to take a break.

I tried to stay off the computer as much as possible, I got caught up on some magazines, and then I spent the evening eating delicious food and tearing up for a good two hours at my TV. I’ll explain that one in a second.

Last Night’s Dinner

I had about zero energy or desire to put any effort into making dinner last night. Either did Jay. Those kinda nights call for the emergency frozen pizza stash…

I had picked up a Newman’s Own Roasted Garlic & Chicken pizza a few weeks back to have on hand, which sounded pretty good to both of us.

While that cooked for its 10 minutes (does it get much easier?), I was able to muster up a little bit of effort to put together some salads.

Hey, lazy doesn’t always have to equal unhealthy, right?!

After dinner, we had to run out so I could pick up a few quick things for an extra fun girls’ night I have planned for tomorrow evening…

(I told you I was going to do it!)

And while we were out for that stuff, we juuuuust so happened to wind up in the neighborhood of one of my favorite fro-yo spots.

Coincidence? I think not.

Talk about some top notch stress relief. Winking smile

Once we finished the goods, we rushed back home so I could catch the series finale of One Tree Hill.

source

Can I just say how incredibly sad I am that this show is over?

I spent the whole two hours tearing up on and off, listening to the cast talk about what a great nine years its been and secretly wishing it’s all just a bad hoax and that they really are coming back next year. As someone who’s been watching since the beginning (well, season 2), I’m not ashamed to admit that I have become rather attached to this cast!

But I guess as they say, all good things must come to an end. Hmmph.

Breakfast

After standing in front of the fridge for about a solid two minutes, I finally made the decision to go the egg route for breakfast.

Today’s eggs of choice were in the form of an egg, cheese, and turkey bacon sandwich on a toasted whole wheat English muffin and paired with some raspberry jam. I was all out of my usual provolone, so I had to improvise with a wedge (<—fyi, totally just typed wedgie) of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese.

It was good, but I’ll be happy to have my provolone back.

*****

This morning I have a couple quick sessions at work and then I’m OFF for the rest of the day, which is fantastic. This means I’ll finally get a chance to catch up on some emails, get my workout in, clean up the house a bit, and prep some of my goodies for tomorrow’s party. Wheeee!

*Quick reminder: I’ll be choosing a winner for my Aurorae Yoga Mat Giveaway this afternoon, so if you haven’t already entered, you still have some time!

Questions for the Morning:

Are there any TV shows that you’ve become attached to and were sad (or will be sad) to see them end?

Has there ever been a character on a TV show that you’ve really been able to relate to?

Comments

1. Emily H says

I’m with you on OTH! I teared up about 10 times over the course of the 2 hours last night, but I think they did a really good job wrapping up the series considering everything the show has been through over the last 9 seasons!

2. Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life says

I don’t really watch much TV these days, but I was kind of sad when I read that the original Teen Moms were doing their last season. I hate to admit it but I really like the show and can kind of relate to the girls on it, being a young mom myself.
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..A New Squash WIAW

it wasn’t live, but several months ago i was watching “felicity” on netflix… i became SO obsessed with that show and the cast! i was so sad when i finished all the seasons. it was probably a good thing though because i would watch it any chance i got. haha. my husband thought i was crazy!
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..In A Perfect World…

I was sad when The Hills and The OC ended for sure! Nothing recently has ended that I really loved. Oh except this show called Human Target we watched last year and it was a one season type of show…probably why nobody has ever heard of it but we loved it!
    Lindsey recently posted..Today

5. Courtney says

I’ll be so sad when House ends this season! I’ve been watching since the beginning and my husband has gotten into it, we so look forward to watching new episodes on Monday nights. Ahhh so sad it’s ending!!

6. Nicole says

Yay for an extra fun girls night!

I hear ya on the crying-over-TV shows-ending thing. I think I cried miserably after the last episode of SATC. And again after the first movie. And a third time after the second movie!

I am SO sad to see OTH end too! I have been watching it faithfully from the beginning, and I’ve really grown attached the the characters. Haley and Nathan’s love story gets me every time. I agree that they did a really great job wrapping everything up, but I will miss it!!

West Wing all the way. I was so sad to see such a smart, funny show come to the end and definitely cried while watching some of the last episodes! Man, I wish that show would come back; Jed Bartlet was the best fake President! And CJ was (and is) an inspiration to women. I definitely related more to Donna though, than CJ! Thank goodness for DVDs!
    Danielle @ Dish’n’dash recently posted..WW Wednesday: Anchoring

9. Linda says

I can’t believe some shows that were stellar that were canned. “The Black Donnellys”, “Life”, “Men of a Certain Age”.

I will hate when “The Closer” ends.

I loved One Tree Hill and was an avid viewer the first 4 or so seasons, but when the time shifted to the characters being adults, I stopped watching. It was always hard to relate to the characters, but even more so when they were all 22 with high paying jobs and huge houses. Not typical for those right out of college or in their early 20’s. However, I totally understand your attachment! I love Gossip Girl and will be so sad when that show is over too! (Again, a cast with lifestyles very unrelatable)! Ha
    Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Southern Staple

I watched the first few seasons of One Tree Hill then somehow stopped along the way. I ended up watching the pre-final last night and I was totally tearing up too! What a family they all becamse! I can’t wait to netflix all the seasons I missed now!
    Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..What motivates you?

12. Katy says

I’m a HUGE fan of OTH and was so sad last night was the last show. I too spent the full 2 hrs crying on and off again……so sad. :( Loved how they ended it, was not expecting that….but it only left me wanting more. Ahhhh, can’t believe it’s over (and I’ll miss my weekly drooling over Nathan!!)!

13. Michelle says

I was so sad to see OTH end! It’s been one of my favorites. What did you think of the finale? I know that music has been a large part of the show, but I thought there were too many songs in this one. I was glad that they happily wrapped up the storylines though.

• Courtney says

I agree, there was a lot of music, but I didn’t mind it too much. I did like that they wrapped everyone’s story lines up nicely, but I was shocked that they jumped ahead to Jamie being in high school?!?

Oh my Lord! I watched Beverly Hills 90210 from start to finish! I was so disappointed when the show ended. The show lasted for 10 years and that should have been enough, but it wasn’t!! :)

I recently watched the last episode of King of Queens and just cried and cried!

oh boy I’m so sad about one tree hill … it started my freshman year of high school :( but i missed the finale last night, you can bet i’m downloading it and watching it today though
    Jenn recently posted..Hot In Here

• Courtney says

I was a huge Dawson’s Creek fan! Now that I watch Cougar Town, I can’t help but think of the blonde on the show who used to date Pacey on Dawson’s. Too funny :)

You’re not alone, I was holding it together last night until Mouth announced the scholarship in Jimmy & Keith’s names. I didn’t jump into the show until season four but thanks to Netflix and Soap Net I’ve been catching up for the past year so I would be ready. I’m with you, I feel like a dork but I’m going to miss the cast!
    Mary Beth recently posted..Not So Traditional Planning

• Courtney says

Ughhh, YES! That part was killer…
      And I’m so sad we don’t have SoapNet on our cable anymore. Used to be one of my favorite channels!

I bought turkey bacon for the first time the other weekend but I have to ask, how do you cook it?! All the instructions seem kinda time consuming (oven, etc.)?

I watched OTH religiously up until about 2 years ago when I fell behind. So I have most of last season and this season to catch up on.
    Lindsay @ LindsayInNYC recently posted..Old Navy – $8 Cardigans

• Courtney says

I cook it on the stove top in a skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. About 2-3 minutes on each side. Nice and crispy!

18. Ashleigh says

I still remember getting excited for the FIRST EPISODE of OTH to air. I have been a diehard fan since the beginning (I was only 15!) and last night was definitely veryyyy emotional for me. I was very attached to the cast, and have even extra’d in Wilmington & met most of the cast. It really was kindof like losing “friends”. :(

I’ve had many favorite shows over the years; Dawson’s Creek, BH90210, Felicity… And I’ve been equally upset over each of their finales. OTH was no exception. I’ve watched that show since the very beginning, stuck with it when the plotlines got a lil’ crazy, and still wound up loving every minute. I think the cast is incredibly beautiful (seemingly both inside as well as out) and love that they made a tiny NC town their home. Loved how they wrapped things up last night & most definitely cried for a good portion of the finale.
    Trisha recently posted..I Need a Plumber

• Courtney says

Oh gosh…there definitely were some crazy plot lines in the middle there, weren’t there? Sheesh – crazy nanny alert!

Oh my, did I cry. I love One Tree Hill! I think the finale was really well done though. It left me happy … it was a great way to wrap it all up! But I definitely did tell my friend I felt like someone in my life had died once it was over (dramatic much?).
    Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..A Little Bit Of Heaven

So funny–I saw a commercial for the series finale and thought of you! And I’ve never even watched the show. 😉 It is easy to get attached to your favorite characters. I feel that way a lot when I finish a really good book series.
    Melissa recently posted..Several Things

22. Rachael says

I was very attached to the characters on Gilmore Girls. I definitely cried while watching that series finale.

23. Shannon says

One tree hill was actually on series that I didn’t watch!! I may just have to buy the season DVD’s and get to work ! I was so sad when The Hills and The OC ended…more recently, I cried when ENTOURAGE ended – I am OBSESSED with that show.. haha. Also, I am a huge fan of Desperate Housewives and this is the last season… I know I am going to be so upset in the next few weeks when it ends for good… ahhhh!

I am pretty heartbroken that OTH has come to an end. I’ve been watching since the first season and felt like I crew up with the cast. It’s definitely hard to say goodbye to one of your favorite shows.
    Nikki recently posted..Awesome Turkey Meatballs

Awwwwwwwww- I heard that was on last night; I never watched it but I bet many people were sad to see this show go. :(
    The show that I will be sad over when it goes off the air at the end of this season is Body of Proof. Even though it’s been on for only 2 seasons, it’s such a good show. So good that I don’t understand why it has gotten low ratings on the Tuesday night at 10 pm slot. Unforgettable (one of my other favorite shows) is at the top of the ratings in that time frame- and it’s going to get canceled too, according to Zap 2 It’s Renew/Cancel Index. I check once a week to see if shows that I watch have gotten canceled or not.
    The character that I can mostly relate to is Brick in The Middle. Like him, I always have my nose in a book! :) (But that’s not necessarily a bad thing…is it?)
    Shannon recently posted..Cell phone etiquette

Trackbacks