Cans and Bottles Pay for Take-Out

by Courtney on April 6, 2012

I am happy to report some good news on this Good Friday…

The phone is BACK!

(Yes, I have the Draw Something app and am obsessed with it – feel free to start a game with me) Winking smile

Yesterday afternoon, I made a trip out to the Verizon store to see if they’d be able to help me out and sure enough, they came through. I was totally embarrassed when I saw just how easy it was for them to get it back on (apparently taking out the battery and plugging it in at the same time was all I needed to do – I had only done one then the other) but hey, at least it’s back up and running!

Last Night’s Dinner

Jay and I have not been doing a very good job with dinners this week. We’ve both been super busy and honestly have just had zero desire to put any effort into making food in the evenings.

Last night, we had some cans and bottles to return, so I told Jay that we should put any money we make off of them towards dinner. We wound up with about $12.00 worth (not as good as our last trip, but still not too shabby) which was able to cover a good portion of this incredible take-out.

You may remember a couple of weeks ago when we found out about our new local food spot? Well, we hit it up again last night for some take-out and it was even better than the first trip.

I opted for the Capri Primavera, which was made with roasted eggplant, zucchini, squash, roasted red peppers, onion, fresh mozzarella, and sundried tomato mayo. It was a little heavy on the mayo, but other than that, this sandwich was unbelievable.

Just look at that thing!

Jay also picked up a few of their meatballs to try out so we could compare them to our other local favorite.

We both agreed that they definitely give our other favorites a run for their money. Super flavorful, with lots of garlic action…just how we like it.

That meal was SO filling and definitely sat like a rock in my stomach for the entire remainder of the evening. Holy cow.

*****

Workout

This morning, I had a couple of early morning clients and actually had a chance to squeeze my own strength session in between. Today’s Bootcamp workout was a pyramid pull workout, which I really enjoyed. Lots of work on the back of the body, including hip extensions on a cable machine.

source

I honestly had never tried these before, but it was a very effective move which will now most likely be making its way into my rotations a whole lot more.

Today’s workout also calls for 20 minutes of HIIT, but I haven’t decided if I’m going to do that or not. Right now I’m just not feelin’ it, so I’m not going to push it. If I get the motivation later, I’ll give it a go. If not, no biggie.

Breakfast

Part of the reason that I didn’t do the HIIT work this morning was because I was too hungry to hold off on breakfast any longer – I needed to make my way home for some food!

On tap for today was a batch of Peanut Butter & Banana French Toast Oatmeal, which was easily the best I’ve ever made. I made the Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter a little but runnier than normal so it was melting all over the place. I’ve also decided that half the banana in the oats + half the banana sliced on top is key.

Oh yeah, and I promise…there was some oatmeal under all that jazz. Winking smile

As for the rest of today, I have a meeting for work at noon, I have to finish cleaning up and preparing for tonight’s festivities, then I’m back to work this evening for a couple of hours before said festivities begin. It’s definitely another long one today…but luckily, I have something to look forward to this evening!

Question for the Morning:

With the holiday weekend upon us, do you have any plans? Doing any traveling?

1 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! April 6, 2012 at 9:47 am

that sandwich looks AMAZING.
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Randoms – The Random Confession Edition

2 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine April 6, 2012 at 9:50 am

That sandwich looks SO good. That bread looks awesome!
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..Foodsession: Chicken and Waffles

3 Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third April 6, 2012 at 9:51 am

I’m obsessed with Draw Something! My username is Lyss4421…. and I’ve got the drawing skills of a 2 year old, but I sure make it fun! :)
Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third recently posted..Happiest Friday

4 Carolyn April 6, 2012 at 9:55 am

The sandwich does look good … I really love good rolls like that. I never seem to buy them for home but love them on sandwiches that you get when eating out.

We are doing only a tiny bit of travelling for the weekend – we’ll be eating Easter Dinner with my family who isn’t too far away. My brother, grandmother and Uncle all live within 2 hours of us. It is so nice to have more family in the area! It used to be my grandmother. Unfortunately, though, it means my mom has to travel for almost every holiday so that she can be with us all. :(
Carolyn recently posted..Leftovers and The First Step

5 Khushboo April 6, 2012 at 9:56 am

For the first time in forever (or ever for that matter), I did a double workout today abd it felt great- upper body weights in the morning and a run mid-afternoon! Glad to see your phone was saved :)

6 Kim @ The Family Practice April 6, 2012 at 9:56 am

Your oatmeal always look so much creamier than mine!
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..A Soup for Kari

7 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness April 6, 2012 at 9:59 am

Oh my! That sandwich looks like a beast. I like all of the toppings though! Glad your phone came back to life. :) Happy Friday!!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..5 Tips for a Healthy, Happy Birthday

8 Renee @ Bendiful April 6, 2012 at 10:01 am

That sandwich looks amazing! Returning cans is like finding free money! :) I downloaded draw something last week and am having some seriously problems putting it down. Might need an intervention!
Renee @ Bendiful recently posted..The good the bad and the pretty

9 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope April 6, 2012 at 10:05 am

That sandwich looks delicious! :) I wish my state let us return cans for free money! Boo. Have a great Friday!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A Spaghetti Squash Kind Of Night…

10 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride April 6, 2012 at 10:11 am

Your oatmeal always looks so much tastier than mine, food envy!

11 Shannon April 6, 2012 at 10:13 am

No plans for Easter. Just my family and my uncle are eating Easter dinner together. Holiday dinners are always small- I like it that way. :)

What’s your username on Draw Something? I’ll look you up when I charge my iPod later.

That’s a huge, mighty tasty looking sandwich. And those meatballs?!? Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I feel deprived of tasty dinners- yours always looks SO good! But I do have tasty dinners; I just never take pictures and share with my blog readers.
Shannon recently posted..Question for you: Dream on?

12 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 6, 2012 at 10:19 am

Wow, that sandwich looks incredible!! I had a delicious vegetarian sandwich at “Which Wich” yesterday … tomato, pesto, and melted mozzarella cheese on toasty whole wheat bread … yum!! :)

We’re staying around here for Easter, but then I plan to drive down to Florida on Monday to see my mom. I’ve never driven that far by myself before. Fingers crossed that it goes OK! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Just call me Shakira.

13 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 6, 2012 at 10:35 am

Our whole family lives in town, so no travelling – just celebrating with both sides of the family!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..I Don’t Care If I Ever Get Back

14 Becca April 6, 2012 at 10:37 am

Your oatmeal looks delicious! No big Easter plans for us. We are having dinner with my in-laws. I’m in charge of dessert :) Best part of the meal!
Becca recently posted..A Cold Day

15 Janae Wise April 6, 2012 at 10:39 am

Plans for the weekend:

1) host a huge Easter dinner with lots of extended family and hope I can pull it off :)

2) Watch my kids get excited about what the “Easter bunny” brought them, and bask in the joy of living vicariously through my kids (I never had much of an “Easter bunny” experience as a kid, so I’d like to make it special for my kids.
Janae Wise recently posted..10 Ways to Lose the Last 10 Pounds

16 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 6, 2012 at 10:43 am

That sandwich looks SO good!

Plans for the weekend include celebrating with both my family & my husband’s family!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Pug X-Ray

17 Gina @ Running to the Kitchen April 6, 2012 at 10:44 am

$12 is pretty impressive for a bottle/can trip. knowing how many it takes to get my usual measly $2-$3…$12 is a decent amount! You must’ve been *that* person hogging the recycling machines ;)
Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted..Roasted tomato spinach salad with citrus mustard vinaigrette

18 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries April 6, 2012 at 10:45 am

holy moly, that sandwich looks awesome!!

we have a busy, busy weekend ahead of us! since i work at our church, there’s a lot of prep and planning for easter on sunday. after church is all over, we are heading over to some friends for a big easter dinner. can’t wait for it!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..What You May Not Know

19 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed April 6, 2012 at 10:46 am

Now I want oatmeal for lunch!!
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Nosferatu you too.

20 Tara Deal April 6, 2012 at 11:04 am

I am obsessed with the Drawsomething game :) I just got it this week!
Tara Deal recently posted..Not Exactly A Couponer

21 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers April 6, 2012 at 11:25 am

Your sandwich looks amazing! I am still on the search for the perfect panini sandwich! So far I like mine the best, I know someone’s got to make big fat one! :)
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Jalapeño Cilantro Hummus

22 Aleasha April 6, 2012 at 11:46 am

You must be so happy that your phone is back. I was without mine for about 15 hours last month and it was terrible. I guess some people are more dependent then others but wow I thought I might go crazy! Your breakfast looks wonderful btw!
Aleasha recently posted..42.2?

23 Melissa April 6, 2012 at 11:59 am

Wow–that sandwich looks off the hook amazing!!! Droooooling!

Have a great time celebrating tonight! :)
Melissa recently posted..Anxiety Girl Strikes Again!

24 Laura @ LauraLikesDesign April 6, 2012 at 12:30 pm

So happy to hear that you have your phone back–being without one is the worst! I always feel so lost and disconnected since I don’t even know what time it is!
Laura @ LauraLikesDesign recently posted..A Grand Day

25 Debbie (accidently delish) April 6, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Ah I love draw something! What’s your name? Mine is ohthatgrrl

You’re oats always make me want oats and I of course always read this after breakfast!

26 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat April 6, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Your oatmeal always makes me want to jump through the computer & devour it! :)

I’m planning on doing a Tricep workout tonight featuring some of your fav exercises! Have a good weekend girl! :)
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Friday Fav’s

27 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 6, 2012 at 3:01 pm

that take out food looks amazing, and so do your oats!!!! I can’t wait to do that workout tomorrow morning!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Tips for New Bloggers

28 Tina @ Best Body Fitness April 6, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Don’t you just love the cables? it really works things in a whole new way. :)
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Living

29 Michelle@Peachy Palate April 6, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Sandwich looks awesome, love roasted veggies as a filling! No travelling and no plans other than an Easter Egg hunt with my niece….saving myself for a hens next weekend! Happy Easter!
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Falafel me

30 Julie April 6, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Have you tried a class called VIPR? I tried it at my gym yesterday morning and HOLY COW am I sore!! It was a super tough class and I was sweating bullets within 10 minutes. I still prefer TRX, but this was a fun new class to try!