An Easter Recap

Good morning! How’s everyone doing after the nice holiday weekend?

Did anyone else wake up this morning with a bit of an Easter candy coma…?

Actually, I’m pretty sure that mine is more of a sugar coma in general, thanks to some delicious desserts yesterday…but first let’s get you caught up on the rest of the weekend:

Easter Sunday Recap

Jay and I began our Easter by heading over to his Aunt’s house for brunch. As soon as we got there, we were greeted with some delicious tequila-spiked margaritas that were just as tasty as I had remembered them from last year.

easter (2)

Talk about some great post-workout fuel for yesterday’s treadmill workout. HA!

Shortly after we arrived, brunch was ready to go…and man oh man did it include quite a spread.

easter (4)

I made sure to fill my plate with a little bit of everything, which included French toast casserole, a sausage and egg casserole, asparagus tart, and some some fresh mixed fruit.

easter (5)

I most definitely went back for some seconds of that French toast. It’s SO good. It actually reminds me quite a bit of my healthified baked french toast casserole.

easter (6)

After brunch there was also dessert (of course), which is when the sweets marathon officially started for the day. I ended up having a homemade cupcake (not by me),

easter (7)

and a piece of toffee amaretto cheesecake, which was my contribution for the day. This scrumptious little thing came together in no time, thanks to a sugar-free amaretto cheesecake mix that I had from when Jay and I attended that craft show back in November.

easter (8)

All I did was add some light cream cheese and whipped topping to the mix, mixed in some toffee Heath Bar bits, poured it into a pre-made graham cracker shell, and topped it off with more toffee bits. It’s incredible.

Shortly after brunch, we headed on over to my parents’ house for the rest of the afternoon. Unfortunately, something wasn’t sitting right in my stomach after brunch so I laid low for a majority of the afternoon and didn’t have much desire to dig into my Easter basket.

easter (11)

I’m so glad mom and dad the Easter bunny still remembers my Easter basket. Smile

easter (13)

That makes me a very happy camper.

easter (14)

The rest of the afternoon was spent hanging around and just sort of relaxing with the rest of the crew.

easter (12)

I would also like to take a second to point out the fact that my brother does indeed own more than one shirt…despite the fact that he wore this same polo last Easter AND this past Thanksgiving. He actually told me before I took a picture of him that he wanted to change his shirt because he didn’t want everyone thinking he only owned one. Now, I’m sure none of you would have even noticed…BUT, I took it upon my sisterly duty to make you aware. Winking smile

After a few hours, we all dug in to an early dinner.

easter (16)

Easter dinner at mom and dad’s house this year was pretty simple, due to the fact that they both had to get up suuuuper early this morning for a week-long trip to Jamaica. Yes, Jamaica. I am super jealous of them.

Just some grilled chicken, oven roasted potatoes, corn, and green beans.

easter (17)

More like a summertime gathering than anything else, which was perfectly fine by me!

Shortly after dinner, it was time for dessert #2 for the day. Meg brought a dozen of these adorable cupcakes,

easter (9)

and I contributed…another cheesecake! This one was a white chocolate raspberry Oreo cheesecake, which I knew would be a hit with my fam.

easter (18)

Made the same way as the other cheesecake, just with a white chocolate raspberry mix, on a chocolate crust, with lots of crushed Oreos mixed in.

easter (19)

I enjoyed a piece of cheesecake along with a carrot cake cupcake and both were thoroughly devoured.

Add a few generous helpings of Easter candy on top of that (after my tummy finally settled) and now you know why a sugar coma was happening this morning. Oooof. Extra sweets and all, it was a really nice day with family. Smile

No surprise here, but there was zero desire for any sweets this morning, so I rolled omelet-style.

Today’s creation was a spinach and feta egg white omelet, made with 1/2 cup egg whites, about 3 cups(!) of sautéed spinach, and 2 tbsp feta cheese.

On the side, I had half of a whole wheat English muffin + PB.

Delicious and filling!

Now I’ve got a lot to try and catch up on from the weekend before heading back to work this afternoon (I already completed an early morning shift). Hope everyone is off to a great start today!

Question for the Morning:

How was your holiday weekend? Any fun highlights and/or good eats?

wow so many yummy eats in one post!! those cupcakes are so cute, and your cheesecakes sound incredible! i just recapped our Easter in my post this morning too. it was a beautiful day filled with lots of delicious food and quality time with family and friends – my favorite kind of days! :)
    Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Easter Day Shenanigans

• Courtney says

It was just a simple tart with puff pastry and Gruyere cheese. I think it may have been Martha Stewart? Delicious!

Happy Easter! I really want to try making the French Toast Casserole! I always think of it the morning I want it though. I am working on an Easter Recap post as well :)
    I made an Ice Box Torte for Easter – Nut crust with a cream cheese layer, chocolate pudding, & cool whip on top – It was delicious!
    Ashlee @A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Boredom

3. Khushboo says

Wow talk about some amazing eats (cheesecakes, I’m looking at you)! My family were in town visiting this weekend which meant a lot of food and alcohol- fine by me but I was more than excited to hit the gym today and return to normal eating…only so much my stomach can handle in one shot!
    Khushboo recently posted..What’s your WHY?

I am in a sugar coma right there with you. Looks like you had a great Easter and the Easter bunny was very kind to you!
    My son made out like a bandit and got three baskets from the Easter bunny along with a ton of other chocolate eggs and bunnies. I gave up chocolate for Lent so you can bet I broke into his stash last night after he went to bed. Bad mommy. 😉
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Easter Weekend

• Courtney says

Especially since I went and kicked my own butt this morning with week 6 of bootcamp! Those drop sets were awwwwwwesome 😉

Ahh I’m so jealous of your Easter, and that basket! I haven’t gotten an easter basket in 12 years… My mom thinks I’m too grown up. I am alone in Chicago so I actually didn’t eat any easter treats yesterday – normal day! I was going to go get fro yo but they were closed!!! Haha oh well, another day!
    Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Treadmill vs. Outdoor Running

I made a cheesecake too! Mine was White Chocolate Raspberry with an Oreo crust! I didn’t have any, but everyone said it was yummy!

The hubby and I were able to play tennis yesterday after church- the weather was perfect & it was a fun way to get in some exercise yesterday!
    Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Friday Fav’s

I spot a Reeses egg!! I am so sad I didn’t get one this year…my mom gave us a Home depot gift card as an Easter present haha. But we did go eat froyo (twice this weekend haha) and in lieu of a Reeses egg I probably ate 500 calories worth of Reeses toppings on my froyo…oops! And wow, those casseroles look amazing!!!! I love casseroles a little too much
    Ruthie Hart recently posted..Easter things

I had a great weekend fill of amazing eats from banana blueberry bread, to zucchini bread cookies, homemade bagels, an amazing vegan asparagus tart and one incredible vegan thai “chicken” pizza! Lots of time with my gorgeous little niece and a little extra chocolate consumption…back to work tomo :( the downside of long weekends!
    Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..About time I got some Mac!

Sitting by a pool in Maine right now. Spent most of today traveling on the road. Yesterday’s dinner included Boar’s Head ham, augratin potatoes, corn, sweet potatoes, and other goodies. It was a small feast- the only guest was my uncle, but it was so nice to catch up with him since I hadn’t seen him in a while.

Since I can eat chocolate again, I ate about 6 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups from my big bag (Easter gift). Then I burned them off with an hour long walk with my Dad. Uphill and me is not pretty- even when I’m walking!
    Shannon recently posted..Happy Easter!

My holiday weekend was amazing. My mom came to visit, we went out to a restaurant called Nacho Mama’s Friday night. Saturday she and I went shopping; spent way too much, but it was worth it! Sunday, we went to church then lunch at the farm!!
    Jessamy @ The Rambling Asian recently posted..Good Friday!!