Least Favorite Day

So as I briefly mentioned last night, I found out early yesterday evening that Jay and our friend Josh had planned to meet downtown for dinner and drinks. Boys making plans is pretty rare in my world, so I was pretty psyched to not only have plans made, but also to see our friends Josh & Erika.

We met up at Bootleggers, which Jay and I had been to once before, but only for drinks, so I was excited to check out the menu. Bootleggers also has a pretty fun beer menu, so of course, it took me forever to figure out what to have.

Eventually, I decided to start the evening with a Wachusset Blueberry Ale, which I really enjoyed.

You guys know I’m a fan of my blueberry beer, but this one was slightly different from my other usuals – a little less blueberry and a bit lighter. Perfect for sipping out on the back porch this summer, if you ask me.

For dinner, I ordered the Pulled Pork Torpedo with sweet potato fries.

The sandwich was smothered in mozzarella, but I really wasn’t in much of a cheese mood, so most of that got taken off. The pork was absolutely delicious – it had quite a hint of brown sugar, making it perfectly sweet and tangy. I ate all the pork, half the roll, and the sweet potaters.

Despite being totally full from dinner, I still needed something to satisfy the sweet tooth, so I dug into my box of Easter candy that I got from my in-laws. I kept it at one, (a peanut butter – SO good), although I was really tempted to go back and eat em all.

But Cody was watching over me like a hawk and told me I’d regret it.

He was probably right. Winking smile

Today is sort of an “all over the place” day for work. I have a couple clients this morning, then I’m hoping to squeeze in my own workout for the day, then I’ll come back home and shower/eat/blog/try to catch up on emails, then I’m back out again for my longer, late evening of the week.

Yeah, Tuesdays are probably my least favorite day, schedule-wise, but I actually really love working with the two women who will be in my last session for the evening…they like to tell me I’m mean and that I work them harder than any of the boys do. Mwahahaha.

That’s right – girl power, baby!

I’ll show all those doubters what’s up (which is actually another topic I want to bring up on here, but I’ll have to save it for another day). Anywho…

Breakfast, Part 1?

I honestly wasn’t all that hungry this morning at 7:00am – gee, I wonder why ::cough pulled pork cough:: – but I knew I wanted to have something in me before heading off, especially since I’ll be doing a workout of my own in a couple hours.

I had a mug of coffee and the banana, which was actually enough for me for right now. I’m bringing the Luna bar with me (loving the Iced Oatmeal Raisin flavor, btw) and will probably have half of it before my workout. Then, hopefully, I’ll be able to have something a little more substantial when I get back home.

But for now, I’m off to do the work thang…catch ya later gators!

(*I’ll be choosing the two winners of my Blogiversary giveaway this afternoon, so be sure to get your entry in!) Smile

Question for the Morning:

What’s your least favorite day of the week and why? How could you make it better?!

1. Michelle Gabela says

I will definitely have to say Mondays. Because they are my longest days, I leave the house at 7 and get home around 8pm. Taking some time for myself and making sure i stretch after i teach spin. <3

2. briana says

I don’t really like Mon-Thurs because I wake up at 5 am to get in my workouts. I love pulled pork and sweet potato fries and had the same thing on Saturday night!

3. Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life says

My least favorite days are Mondays an Wednesdays. I leave the house around 9 and don’t get back until after 10pm. But I only have another month of this schedule until I get to enjoy three months off from school, so I guess I can’t complain.

It’s always the nice-looking trainers which are the most brutal :)! I’ve decided to sign up for PT sessions in the near future and can you believe we only have one female trainer at our gym! I feel like she doesn’t get enough credit merely because of her gender. If she is anything like you, I have a feeling she is going to whip me into shape! Have a great day!

I think the worst day of the week for me is Tuesdays. I’m out of all the energy that I got from resting over the weekend, and I still have three more exhausting days of school left to teach before another weekend! But I tried to battle it today, the first post-spring break Tuesday, by getting up early, getting to school early, and getting a lot done this morning. (Not gonna lie–I’m aiming to leave right after school and curl up for a nap!)
    Katie recently posted..Back to reality…and an award!

I’d say Tuesday. Monday is usually busier and I play catch from weekend emails etc and its a rest/lazy night at home but by Tuesday you still have 4 days to go and it seems like the weekend is still far away.

7. Traci says

Tuesday (ha, today), mainly because Mondays fly catching up with things and the weekend is still 3 days away!

• Courtney says

I’d say they’re both pretty different. I love them both, but they’re different. The zbar reminds me more of an actual oatmeal cookie

My least favorite day is probably the first of the month! Being a banker means I am running around with my head cut off!
    How do I make it better? My thought is that it could be a whole lot worse. I just bust out in some dance moves or sing my favorite song loudly! Customers usually join in. 😉

Have a good one!

9. Catherine says

Did your lower body blast workout yesterday…hello jello legs! Take that haters! I love all of your workouts and ALWAYS get a crazy good sweat session!

PS i love your cat! :)

Hi Courtney!

I know this is a little bit off-topic but I recently purchased a new ebook called “Visual impact for Woman” by Rusty Moore. Because I know you are a certified personal trainer I wondered if maybe you were interested on doing a post on this program? :) It’s pretty unorthodox so I’m so curious what you might think of it?

If you’re interested, let me know because I have it here on my laptop (I purchased it :) )

11. Amanda says

Tuesdays for sure. Monday’s are about getting back into workout mode and eating healthy mode, Tuesdays it feels like the weekend will never come, Wednesdays are a bit of motivation since its the middle of the week, Thursdays are ok since Friday is the next day, and what can I say, Fridays are the best, especially at 5!

I hate Mondays. I never feel all-there and I have such a hard time getting back into a productive routine. It always makes me think of the movie Office Space because every week I have a bad “case of the Mondays”.

Schedule wise- my least favorite day is Wednesday. I have absolutely no free periods during the school day (meaning no time to get some homework done so I have less to do at home) so I have more homework. Unfortunately, there’s nothing I can do about it- unless I get a schedule change, and I like my schedule the other days of the week.
    Shannon recently posted..Happy Easter!

14. I helle (better with berries) says

I have to agree with Tuesdays being my least favorite day. It’s enough to feel like the work week has been a little long, but you still have so much to go! I think my Tuesdays will be a little better once I am no longer aty current job though- only about a month left!

Although having Glee to look forward to on Tuesday evening does make it more bearable!
    I helle (better with berries) recently posted..WIAW: Instagram Style