WIAW: An Off Appetite Day

Oh man. I think I need to start doing my WIAW posts for another day other than Tuesday. Tuesday just does not seem to be the day of the week that highlights some of my better meals, let alone keeping up with each month’s challenge…

Yesterday was a totally off day for my appetite; it was pretty much non-existent which is quite rare for me. I ate when I felt hungry and when my stomach was feeling okay because for some reason, it was off for a good portion of the day.

So yeah…about that extra cup of veggies. Not so much yesterday…

Breakfast, Part 1 – 7:00am

I mentioned yesterday morning how I wasn’t super hungry right off the bat so I had a banana and a mug of coffee.

That actually held me over quite well, so I didn’t even end up eating the Luna bar. Definitely a weird appetite morning for me.

Breakfast Part 2/Brunch – 11:00am

By the time I got home from work, I had already gotten in my workout for the morning and I was finally ready for a real meal. It doesn’t matter what time of day it is…if I feel like I didn’t get a real breakfast, I’m still going to have it.

Yesterday’s oatmeal creation was a little bit different than normal, due to the fact that I used up the last of the milk in my coffee earlier in the morning. So to add a little creaminess, I played around a bit with the normal ingredients:

• 1/3 cup Coach’s Oats
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 teaspoons chia seeds
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1 big spoonful (~3-4 tbsp?) plain Chobani
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • cinnamon & nutmeg
  • 5 large strawberries, chopped

The Greek yogurt definitely helped with the creaminess and made for one fantastic bowl of oats. I topped everything off with a sprinkle of Love and half of a piece of leftover almond pound cake from Friday. I’ve still got a few slices left to tackle…

Lunch – 2:30pm

Since I ate breakfast so much later than usual, I wasn’t all that hungry until later in the afternoon. I probably would have held off even longer, but since I had to leave for work, I figured it’d be a good idea to fill up.

I made a little bit of a lunch plate with some baby carrots, celery, hummus, and half of a whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter. I also took out an apple but I ended up saving that for later during work.

Before walking out the door, I also ended up snagging another leftover piece of almond pound cake. The.stuff.is.just.so.darn.good.

Snack #1 – 5:45

I finally ate that Luna bar from this morning.

IMG_3404-001

Definitely loving this flavor.

Snack #2 – 8:30

By the time I got home from work, I was feeling a bit hungry but my stomach still felt a little yucky. Seriously, stomach aches can just go take a hike!

I snacked on about a dozen pretzel crisps with peanut butter which tasted fantastic. I also had the last figgy bar out of my NatureBox bag.

As you can see, yesterday was not the greatest day in terms of veggies and/or getting all of nutrients in (all I wanted was CARBS). But I did do my best to make somewhat healthy choices and space them out throughout the day, rather than just choose junk and/or not eat anything. The snacks helped keep my energy level up and prevented me from overdoing it at 9:00 last night.

Now hopefully I’ll be feeling back to my old self today!

Question for the Morning:

How often do you eat throughout the day? Do you snack in between meals or are you a “three square meals a day” type of person?

Comments

I hate those off appetite days- I never know what to eat and I spend the whole day snacking essentially and not eating a full meal….. It’s usually due to my lack of planning though and not just the appetite.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Week 15 & 16

I feel you on breakfast! I have some friends who used to skip breakfast in college because by the time they woke up, it was time for lunch…whether I’m up at 7am or 2pm, no way I am giving up breakfast ;)! I love my snacks and normally eat 3 meals with an afternoon and bedtime snack…works well for me!
    Khushboo Thadani recently posted..What’s your WHY?

I think yesterday was one of those days. I ate only twice, well three times if you count the massive amount of chocolate I consumed at night. Busy days tend to do that to me. I don’t realize I’m hungry until I am absolutely starved and then I reach for the wrong things to eat.
    Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Easter Weekend

I think it really depends on the day. If I work out in the morning I usually have to have some morning snacks but if I wait until the afternoon not so much.

Then it also depends on what I eat when. If I have peanut butter in the morning I’m usually good until lunch but if I only have a smoothie than I might have a snack.
    Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls recently posted..Case of the Tuesdays

I feel like I always have an appetite so days when I don’t feel like eating are really rare for me too. I hope you’re feeling back to normal! And I think I’m asking for a NatureBox subscription/membership for my birthday! Looks like a fun idea:)
    Kylie @ immaeatthat recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

Aw, I hope your stomach is feeling much better today! Stomach aches are the absolute worst. I absolutely cannot stick to just 3 meals…I would probably want to gnaw my arm off haha. I either have two or 3 snacks, depending on how long I’m going to go between breakfast and lunch!
    Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Bullying

I eat whenever I am hungry, really. I do eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner but I do snack occasionally after lunch and after dinner to get dessert in. Usually, those snacks are sweet- not healthy. :(
    Shannon recently posted..Happy Easter!

I am a huge snacker. I typically snack / eat small meals all day long and then eat a regular dinner. This is somewhat dependent upon the day but I’ve found that this style typically works best for me.
    Carolyn recently posted..Crushed Red Pepper

9. Kalyn says

It’s nice to know that not just me, but everyone, has off days sometimes with eating healthy (not that you didn’t eat healthy because everything you ate still looked great!).

I feel like I’m a horrible snacker. Small meals throughout the day always sound good in theory but I end up eating way too much – like pretzels and humus – I don’t have just a few pretzels, I eat half the bag. I’m trying to do 3 big meals with less snacks and see how that goes.
    Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit recently posted..Bugs in my broccoli

I definitely have snacks in between meals. It helps me feel satisfied throughout the day. (instead of getting home after work and running through every snack I have in the cabinets. :-( )
    Luna Bars are usually my favorite snack. I am a little jealous I havent had this flavor. I need to go out and grab a box.