Double the Yumminess

by Courtney on April 13, 2012

I’m not gonna lie…

I really wish I didn’t have an afternoon shift to go back for today at work. I’m content being in my cozies, and I’m REALLY in the mood to bake something. It’s been way too long since I’ve tried out a new cookie or cupcake recipe. Ahh well, maybe over the weekend…or tonight. What should I go for?

Lunch

I don’t know about you, but time absolutely FLEW by for me this morning. By the time I recognized a rumbling tummy, it was already 1:00pm. Seriously, where does the time go? So I took a break from my to-do’s and got to work on making a killer lunch.

I mixed up a a batch of my favorite sweet tuna salad, and placed it on top a bed of romaine and cucumbers. So simple and tasty, no dressing required!

On the side, I enjoyed a piece of leftover corn bread, heated up and topped with a little butter.

And then I most definitely went back for another piece. Winking smile

And as if the corn bread wasn’t good enough, I also got to enjoy a little eye candy while eating lunch…

Oh Zac Efron. When in the world did you become so steamy? And those arms? Oy vey…

Lucky me even gets to swoon over him double time, thanks to Jay’s latest issue of Men’s Health that came in the mail yesterday…

Double the yumminess. Oh yes. Smile

My friend Eileen is letting me borrow her book, The Lucky One, and I’m actually planning on starting to read it later this evening. We’re both eagerly anticipating the release of the movie next weekend, and I’m hoping to be able to finish the book before that (it usually takes me forever to finish a book).

I.cannot.wait.for.this.movie.

Alright, looks like it’s time to get ready to head back to work. Happy Friday!! Any good plans for the weekend?

1 Nescett @ bananaoats April 13, 2012 at 2:48 pm

How much do I adore looking at pictures of Zach! Thank you. :)
Nescett @ bananaoats recently posted..Five Things Friday

2 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance April 13, 2012 at 2:49 pm

You just reminded me that I wanted to read that book too! I have so many books to read!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Born to Run Book Review

3 Talia @ Bite Size Wellness April 13, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I love that double the yummies turned out to be about Zac. haha. I was expecting some food treats…maybe this was better:) Happy Friday!
Talia @ Bite Size Wellness recently posted..Perfecting Your Plank

4 Renee @Bendiful April 13, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I love that napkin, black and white patterns always look so crisp!
Renee @Bendiful recently posted..Crushed Tomatoes and Shrimp

5 Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl April 13, 2012 at 3:01 pm

That boys arms are mighty fine! And I am going to check out your tuna salad recipe. Looks delicious. Nothing like some downtime with a good book. Wish I had some downtime… ;)
Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl recently posted..Adventurous Friday!

6 Lindsey April 13, 2012 at 3:09 pm

That book is on my to read list! Not sure how bad I want to see the movie but I really want to read the book.
Lindsey recently posted..Foodie Friday

7 Julie Casey April 13, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I’m almost done with that book! Took me a bit to get into it, but I like it :) Definitely want to see the movie after I finish it!

8 kelsey April 13, 2012 at 3:13 pm

That book is amazing, I couldn’t put it down!!

9 mindy @ just a one girl revolution. April 13, 2012 at 3:14 pm

He is ridiculous gorgeous!!
mindy @ just a one girl revolution. recently posted..re-evaluating the 25k plans.

10 Kaelin April 13, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I am in the mood to bake this weekend too!! Here’s a couple of recipes I collected today:

Chocolate Cake:

Toasted Smores Bars:

11 Lauren B. April 13, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Is it totally weird and creepy that I have a huge crush on someone who is almost 10 years younger than me??? Mmmm, Zac Efron. I guess that would make me a cougar. :)

12 Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit April 13, 2012 at 3:22 pm

True story – my husband’s favorite author is Nicholas Sparks and he has read EVERY SINGLE one of his books. I never read them until he got me in them. Lucky one is great. Can’t wait for the movie.
Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit recently posted..25′s workout circuit

13 Yellow Haired Girl April 13, 2012 at 3:25 pm

The Lucky One is my fave Nicholas Sparks novel! I read it a year ago or so … I can’t wait for the movie :)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Onion Breath

14 Brandi April 13, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Oh.my.goodness. I am going straight to the store to get this magazine. ;)

I can’t wait for this movie either! I love anything by Nicholas Sparks. :)

15 Kelsey April 13, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I am so so so excited for the movie too!! I have such a huge crush on Zac!! :)

16 Ruthie Hart April 13, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I want to lick the screen over the picture of the cornbread!! I must make it!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Friday Randoms

17 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 13, 2012 at 4:39 pm

He went from being a teeny-boppers dream to being a very good looking adult! ;)

My “big” plans for tomorrow include driving from Sarasota back to Atlanta. 7 hours in a car … whoo-hooo!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The perfect springtime dessert.

18 Ashlee April 13, 2012 at 5:04 pm

I loved that book! I am a big Nicholas Sparks fan and all of his books are worth reading. I am looking forward to seeing the movie too! Your salad today now has me craving that :)

19 Janae Wise April 13, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Zach Efron definitely has matured a bit since his High School Musical Days.

My husband (he’s totally into chick flicks, can you believe it, he’s a romantic at heart), can’t wait for the movie to come out.
Janae Wise recently posted..Bring Joy on Sweet Tooth Courtney

20 Shari April 13, 2012 at 5:55 pm

That movie looks SO good! I usually prefer to read the book before seeing any film adaptation, but my to-be-read pile is already so high, it might be awhile before I get to it. Maybe I need to make an exception this time… :)
Shari recently posted..Wordless(ish) Wednesday: from my desk to yours.

21 Maggie @ Running on Fro-Yo April 13, 2012 at 8:15 pm

I am SO excited for that movie! I love all of Nicholas Sparks’ books, but especially this one!
Maggie @ Running on Fro-Yo recently posted..Fitness Friday!

22 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 13, 2012 at 9:50 pm

I have a hard time seeing Zac Effron outside of his “high school musical” days even though he has clearly grown up…
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fitness Friday // Did I Hit My Yoga Goal?

23 Khushboo April 13, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Seriously…when did Zac grow up??? Woosh he is H-O-T!
Khushboo recently posted..Cut the CREPE…and make healthier pancakes instead

24 Lisa April 13, 2012 at 11:48 pm

Ooh man is he ever delicious ;) I can’t wait to read the book! I have so many books that are on my to read list, I’m not sure which to pick first!!
Lisa recently posted..Fitness loves this week

25 Katie April 14, 2012 at 12:35 am

When you finish reading that book, please tell me how it is! Haha, I want to read it, but I’m also a horrible reader to say the least! ;)
Weekend plans? Doing the St. Jude Burpee Challenge with my sister tomorrow morning. We’re dressing up– AKA: I’m going to wear a red cape. Lame, but I know that she’s going to have an awesome outfit ready! lol :D
Katie recently posted..Friday Favorites

26 michelle April 14, 2012 at 12:57 am

Whoa! Zac is all grown up! He was a cute boy… and he makes a pretty good-looking man. Hehehe :)
michelle recently posted..Like an Animal

27 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers April 14, 2012 at 7:50 am

Ok, When did Zac Efron become a man? Dam talk about feeling old!! The corn bread and salad look mighty tasty!!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Flourless Speculoos Cookies