Top 10 Comfort Foods

Just a lazy Saturday morning over here…

All three of us have enjoyed a little extra lounging this morning, with no alarms to wake up to, and no immediate commitments to run off to. Not that Cody ever has to worry about that anyway. Lucky dog cat.

The little bugger has not moved out of the sun all morning long. He cracks me right up.

Breakfast

I was having quite a tough time deciding between sweet and savory this morning, but sweet eventually won me over once I remembered that there are still waffles in the freezer.

I toasted up two Kashi 7 Grain Waffles and topped them with a serving of homemade honey cinnamon PB, banana slices, and some sugar-free syrup.

They were absolutely perfect.

While I was eating my yummy waffles, I spent some time skimming through the latest issue of Cooking Light magazine.

At the beginning of the issue, there was a mention about your Top 10 Comfort Foods, which got me thinking a bit about my own top 10. Thinking of ten was actually quite a bit of a challenge, but here’s what I came up with…

1. A big bowl of pasta with Mom’s (or grandma’s) homemade sauce and meatballs.
  2. Mom’s special chicken parm and homemade bread
  3. Double layer funfetti cake with homemade almond buttercream frosting
  4. Mom’s Christmas lasagna
  5. My mother-in-law’s homemade pumpkin bread
  6. Mal’s chili in a bread bowl
  7. Dad’s Sunday morning pancakes and waffles
  8. Warm, just out of the oven, chocolate chip cookies
  9. Classic cheeseburger and sweet potato fries
  10. Warm brownie sundae with cookie dough ice cream and caramel sauce. OMG.

What would some of your Top 10 Comfort Foods be?

Comments

1. Erin says

Being from Chicago, my number one comfort food is definitely deep dish pizza!! I get it with extra sauce so that it somewhat “overtakes” the cheese, since the sauce is my favorite part. The crust is also top-notch…I have been known to eat only the crust off of several pieces of pizza. This doesn’t annoy my family at all.

Chicken noodle soup, grilled cheese and pickles, pancakes it french toast, chili, fresh homemade bread, banana bread anf chocolate chip cookies that are still warm!

Cody is super cool :)

Ahhh, comfort foods. Ice cream would definitely be on my list along with, roasted sweet potatoes, chocolate chips cookies, grilled cheese sandwiches, and warm cinnamon rolls.

Yum!!

4. Lily says

My dad’s homemade mac & cheese! Nothing screams comfort food like using a whole block of Cabot extra sharp cheese :p

your cat is precious! My favorite comfort foods are: pancakes, mac and cheese, vegan chili…I’m sure there are more that I’m forgetting ;)
    Natasha recently posted..Ouch!

Mac and cheese … waffles … grilled cheese … I think if I really thought about it, there would be a lot!

Cody has such a life! I always joke that I want to come back in another life as someone’s pet. My parent’s dog lounges in the sun too. I’d like to wake up and only have that on my schedule for the day ;) hahaha
    Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Onion Breath

7. Mallory says

I made the top ten list haha best day ever. I would have to include my Dad’s spaghetti and meatballs, chocolate pb pie, dinosaur BBQ chili cheeseburgers, and any cupcake you are generous enough to feed me : )

• Courtney says

Hahaha, you most definitely made the list, Mal! ;)
      I think I’d also have to agree with you on the chocolate pb pie and the Dinosaur BBQ. Now I’m hungry again.

8. Shannon says

BAGELS, oh mannnn I could live off bagels with an enormous amount of cream cheese! Bagels w/ cream cheese and Mac and cheese are definitly my favorite comfort foods!

Mac & Cheese, my mom’s tuna casserole, grilled cheese & tomato soup, spaghetti, corn casserole, warm chocolate chip cookies, chili, eggs over medium with hashbrowns, pepperoni pizza….oh man, I could go on forever. And now I’m off to drink a green protein smoothie and some black coffee hahaha.
    Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit recently posted..25′s workout circuit

Love your top 10 list! Everything sounds wonderful! Your cat is cute! I don’t blame him for staying in the sun. Your waffles look yummy!!! Your opinion, what waffles do you like better? Kashi or Vans? My friend swears by Vans but I never had them, but I have had Kashi like them. What do you think? Enjoy your relaxing weekend!!
    Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Flourless Speculoos Cookies

I LOVE waffles with peanut butter and syrup. I’ve been eating them like that since I was a kid. :) Yum!

Gosh, I’m not sure about Top 10 Comfort Foods, but I’ll try to narrow it down haha!
    10. warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream
    9. warm chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream
    8. lasagna
    7. buffalo chicken sandwich with ranch dressing and French fries (reminds me of childhood)
    6. GOOD mac and cheese
    5. gooey pumpkin butter cake
    4. French fries with ketchup and vinegar (another childhood thing)
    3. carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese frosting
    2. my great-grandmother’s turkey and noodles (Thanksgiving recipe)
    1. straight from the oven chocolate chip cookies and milk
    Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The perfect springtime dessert.

Wowee, don’t think I’m going to come up with a top 10 list but I’ll list what I consider to be comfort food in my world. Here goes…
    -Hungry Jack Mashed Potatoes
    -Macaroni and Cheese (preferably homemade or the Maine Diner’s Lobster Mac n Cheese)
    -Friendly’s Happy Ending Sundae with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream
    -Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
    -My mom’s Comforting Chicken
    -Wok Chicken
    -Pancakes (particularly homemade, Aunt Jemina, or Hungry Jack)
    -Chicken noodle soup
    -Spaghetti and meatballs
    -Chicken Marsala from Paolo Lombardi’s Ristorante in Wynantskill; thanks to their To Go meal specials, I know what this tastes like. :)