So Much Happening on Sunday

Holy moly…lots going on today!

Despite the fact that I had plans to do pretty much nothing all day except grocery shopping, I’d say that today turned out to be pretty darn busy and productive.

First, I baked.

And let me tell you…it is quite delicious.

I’ll be sharing this with you all early this week, promise. Winking smile

After I baked, I squeezed in a little workout. Honestly, this whole weekend, I just haven’t been feelin’ the workout thing. My asthma is still so-so, but I just haven’t been pumped for a workout like I normally am.

I decided to give some yoga a try, since I *assumed* I could do that without sweating too much …boy was I wrong! I did my Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown DVD, which I just realized I hadn’t done since last October, and that definitely worked up a whole lot more of a sweat than I was hoping for. But since I already had the sweat factor going on, I figured I’d toss in a quick, 15 minute ab workout too. Felt much better once all was said and done.

By the time I had finished that up and showered, Jay arrived back home from working with his dad on a few things…and he came with goodies!

My mother-in-law had gone out to visit Amish Country in Pennsylvania this weekend and picked up a few things for us while she was there. Scented hot plates, peanut butter cookies, pumpkin butter, and gourmet kettle korn.

Do you think she knows me well or what? Thanks, Rosemary! Smile

Once Jay was home, we headed out for a quick run to Wal-Mart to pick up some  different necessities we hate to buy, but we did happen to make a couple fun purchases…

For one, we bought some brand new solar lights for the front of the house, which we’ve both been meaning to buy for over a year now probably.

Jay also started working on cleaning up the flower beds with some fresh mulch. As you can tell from the background, we’re not done yet. Winking smile

Another exciting purchase? We took the first step in working towards building my own garden for this year…

We bought the seeds!

Now, we’ll see how the rest of the whole garden thing pans out. I’ve been wanting to plant one for a while now, but I’m just awful when it comes to plants. I’m hoping that once we get something small built up though, that’ll be enough to get me driven to keep an eye on it. I’m not exactly known for having a green thumb.

Once we got back home and Jay got working on the flower beds, I got working on putting together some dinner…I also had a little bit of company while I worked.

Tonight’s dinner featured two newbies for us – roasted asparagus and an Italian Pizza Bake.

I was looking through my recipe binder today trying to think of something to make when I came across a recipe I printed out over two years ago for an Italian Pizza Bake for Two. I’d never made it and it seemed pretty easy to make, so I went for it.

The recipe was actually extremely easy to make and both Jay and I were huge fans of it. It’s perfect for two people, and actually packs quite a bit of flavor.

To roast the asparagus, I drizzled the trimmed spears with a little bit of garlic olive oil, sea salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar and roasted it in a 9×13 pan at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Super easy, super yummy.

Time to go relax and enjoy the rest of my weekend. Maybe now I’ll finally get a chance to get back to my book!

What were the highlights of your weekend?

Comments

That is a full Sunday! Is that chocolate I spy in that bread? Right now i’m in the I WANT ALL THE CHOCOLATE mode, so I’d appreciate the recipe stat.

And last year when I started my garden, I actually bought all plants at the beginning of may. That way there was less a chance of me screwing anything up. This year I’m going to do a combination of plants and planting seeds – I’ve got beets, onions, and potatoes already growing in my garden. In the house I’ve already started cilantro and lettuce plants!
    chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

That caramel corn looks really good! There’s a vendor that sells caramel corn at the farmer’s market I work at over the summer, and it’s always so hard to resist cause it smells so good!

The best part of my weekend was a movie and drinks with some good friends on Friday night.
    Fiona @ Get Fit Fiona recently posted..Physio

Ah, your MIL was in Lancaster?!?! I live right outside of Lancaster and have that exact same pumpkin butter in my fridge. :)

Mmm, I’m thinking a chocolate zucchini bread recipe might be coming soon! can’t wait!
    Lauren recently posted..Party On and On and On

Yum, is that chocolate chip banana bread? I will DIE for your recipe!!

Also– yum to lasagna bake!! I love roasted asparagus too… roasting your asparagus is the way to go, in my book!

What are scented hot plates?? Unfortunately I don’t live near any Amish folk, although I visited Amish Country once when I was younger… such a lovely, tranquil place!

Good luck on your garden!! The yard looks really nice!
    Melissa @ Will Work for Veggies recently posted..We got a new dog!

Wow, the bread looks good. sounds like a lovely Sunday!

My own mother and I looooove Kauffman’s Apple Butter! I discovered it when I went to lived in Philadelphia and frequented a farmer’s market. Since then, we’ve been ordering shipments of the apple butter, but I didn’t know they had pumpkin butter–I’ll have to give that a try next time!

My weekend highlights include a surprise shopping trip (not unlike yours!) and seeing a concert with my sister :)
    Meredith @ DareYouTo recently posted..Pumpkin Dough Bites

That bread looks delicious! I can’t wait for the recipe. And balsamoc vinegar on your asparagus? Never would have thought of that. I’ll be pinning this post so I can remember to try that! Thanks!

This weekend was spent away from the house. Friday, it was a little light shopping where my hubby got some new jeans, and I got a new pair or yoga pants and some running shorts. Yesterday, I participated in an Autism walk in honor of a close friend’s soon-to-br step daughter. And when I got home, it was too gorgeous here in Savannah, so we went downtown to the park. And today we met up with my sister-in-law to pick up our 6 year old, who spent his Spring Break in Atlanta with my husband’s family, and then it was off to buy some much needed new running shoes! I can’t wait to break them in.

It sounds like you had a great weekend!

I’m so jealous of your veggie garden! I have dreams of a lush garden where we can pick things fresh :) Dinner looks great too!!

I’m guessing that’s chocolate chip pound cake or just chocolate chip bread? Looks yummy!

They had those solar lights for $1 on sale at Target a couple of weeks ago. My mom got 5 for $5, what a bargain. :)

I wish I got to bake today- All I did was work on my homework but I got SOOOO ahead so I have less to do this week. It feels great!

Too funny – usually I plan on being lazy on Saturday, but end up productive. Then I plan on being productive on Sunday – and am usually lazy :) Your dinner looked great!
    Megan recently posted..Training Runs