Wait, Isn’t That…?

by Courtney on April 17, 2012

Okay, did anyone else watch How I Met Your Mother last night??

source

Not only was the episode hilarious, but I ended up having quite the laugh during the scene where Ted walks into the bar with that green dress on. At first it was funny because, well, he had a dress on. But then, after looking at a few more details, I realized…

source

Ted was wearing almost my dress! The same one I wore this past year to Sarah & Jeff’s wedding,

and almost two years ago at Joe & Kate’s wedding.

The only difference I saw was the bottom of the dress (mine is tiered, Ted’s wasn’t) but I found the whole thing rather amusing…except, of course, when Jay told me that Ted wore it better. That was not amusing.

Okay, maybe it was just a little. Winking smile

*****

Shortly before HIMYM started, I scarfed down a quick and simple dinner after a late shift at work.

I had a few coupons for these evol. burritos back from when I received that awesome package of Colorado goodies and decided to grab one from the freezer to try.

For being a frozen burrito, it wasn’t bad at all, and the flavor was actually pretty yummy. I mean, it’s no Bombers burrito, but it came through in a pinch.

After dinner, I enjoyed a couple pieces of leftover Easter chocolate.

Oh they’re so good.

Breakfast

This morning, I enjoyed an extra hour and a half of sleep since I don’t have to be into work until later this afternoon. It was so nice to take my time and put together a leisurely breakfast.

Today called for oatmeal. Nothin’ crazy…just a regular oatmeal base topped with some crumbled bread, granola, and a mini scoop of pb.

Gosh, I love oatmeal.

It’s nuts to think that before I started writing this blog, I never EVER ate the stuff. Crazy, right?

Once this settles, it’s time to take care of my workout for the day. Not quite sure what’s on the agenda…I may switch things up a bit in my bootcamp schedule to work with my own schedule for this week. We’ll see what happens!

Questions for the Morning:

Have you ever noticed someone on TV wearing something you own?

Are there any foods you never used to eat but now can’t imagine NOT having them?

1 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 17, 2012 at 9:09 am

I didn’t watch the episode, but that’s pretty funny! ;)

I never used to eat avocados until just recently. Now I love them … especially in guacamole. Yum!! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A British Invasion.

2 RENEE April 17, 2012 at 9:09 am

Noooo I missed a new HIMYM? Bummer. hopefully it’s on my DVR I love that show!! I think you wore the dress better and in a better color!
RENEE recently posted..Terrific Tuesday Finds – April 17

3 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third April 17, 2012 at 9:10 am

I’ve been wanting to try those evol burritos for awhile now, but I’m a little wary of a frozen burrito… I might have to give them a go after your good review though! :)
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Las Vegas Recap: Part 1

4 Faith @ For the Health of It April 17, 2012 at 9:10 am

That’s too funny! I saw a J.Crew sweater I had on one of Ted’s girlfriends in an older HIMYM season and flipped out too!

5 Lindsey April 17, 2012 at 9:11 am

I notice home decor pieces on tv shows that we have in out house lots – usually throw pillows or pictures.
There is so many foods that I cannot believe I never used to eat – yes, real oatmeal (vs packet stuff), chia seeds, Greek yogurt, flax, quinoa – the list could go on and on!
Lindsey recently posted..A VERY Good Day

6 Linda April 17, 2012 at 9:11 am

LMAO AT THE DRESS!!

7 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride April 17, 2012 at 9:13 am

I never used to eat avocado or tomatoes but now I love them, especially come summer time!
Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..Vision board number 2

8 Clare April 17, 2012 at 9:13 am

That is really cool! Not someone wearing something, but Claire and Phil in Modern Family have a rainbow pitcher on their top shelf that we have. I’ve also noticed other little decor items or servingware that we have too! I’m not a big oatmeal person but I’m planning on trying refrigerator oats which I’ve heard are delicious.
Clare recently posted..Billy kicks your butt

9 Angela April 17, 2012 at 9:16 am

I was the same way. Before reading blogs I never ate oatmeal, now I get giddy when I know I have time to make it :)
Angela recently posted..Grocery Shopping 101

10 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance April 17, 2012 at 9:17 am

I’ve done a complete 360 in the last five years, mostly in the last year. I never would have even imagined eating what I eat now!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Pesto Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini

11 Steph @ StephSnacks April 17, 2012 at 9:20 am

I never used to really eat oatmeal either! The blog world definitely opened me up to it :-)
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..Just Because

12 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries April 17, 2012 at 9:23 am

that’s too funny about the dress!
i used to eat oatmeal, but never the way i do now. before my blog days, my oatmeal bowls would be pretty plain jane and boring. i got so many great ideas on how to “dress up” my oatmeal from the blog world, and now i wonder how i ever lived without my yummy oatmeal bowls!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Lower Body Pyramid Workout

13 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope April 17, 2012 at 9:30 am

That is so funny about the dress! I’ve noticed stars on tv shows wearing clothing that I own. I think its so cool when that happens :)

I used to despise brussels sprouts without even have trying them. I tried them last year and I instantly fell in love. I wish I would have tried them years ago. They are so good.
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..4 Months Away…

14 Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls April 17, 2012 at 9:34 am

Kind of embarrassing but I always see clothes that I own on Glee. They wear a lot of things from J.Crew and Anthropologie and I have seen something I own on more than one occasion.

Greek yogurt! I used to never eat it but now I can barely go a day without it!
Elizabeth @ Chocolate Drops and Pearls recently posted..Power Blasting Through Monday

15 Yellow Haired Girl April 17, 2012 at 9:38 am

I watched HIMYM last night! Love that show :)

And I’m the same way with oatmeal … I’m actually scarfing down a bowl as I read blogs this morning. I can’t imagine not having it in my life! And Greek yogurt, absolutely. I eat it everyday!
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Grocery Shopping Pet Peeves

16 chelcie @ chelcie's food files April 17, 2012 at 9:44 am

before I started blogging I never really ate oatmeal creations either! funny how things change! and for the record I like you wore your dress better! lol
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Edamame Fried Rice-Healthy and Easy!

17 Khushboo April 17, 2012 at 9:44 am

If u ever told me I’d crave broccoli or oatmeal, I would have laughed in your face! I can’t get enough of either these days!! Have a great day, Courtney!

18 Heather April 17, 2012 at 9:48 am

too funny! Cute dress btw!
Heather recently posted..Gulf Coast Half Marathon Pensacola 2012

19 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles April 17, 2012 at 9:54 am

Jay’s comment sounds *so* like something that my husband would say!!! Little stinker- but gosh darn it- they are funny sometimes aren’t they?!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Testing & Nesting –Week 17 & Week 18

20 Brandi April 17, 2012 at 9:56 am

Pretty much everything that I eat now was something that I would have never eaten before I made some changes to my food!

21 Heather @ Better With Veggies April 17, 2012 at 10:01 am

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a thing I wear on TV, that would be pretty cool! ;) I didn’t used to eat many of my new staples – kale, nutritional yeast, chia seeds, tofu…the list goes on. I love that my tastes have widened so much!
Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..What to Serve When Vegans Come to Dinner

22 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! April 17, 2012 at 10:19 am

haha i didnt watch last night but i LOVE that show!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Box Step Ups, Scallops, & Sleep Issue

23 Natasha April 17, 2012 at 10:20 am

I never used to eat peanut butter! Crazy, right?
Natasha recently posted..Let’s talk yoga mats.

24 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 17, 2012 at 10:21 am

Guacamole. I hadn’t lived!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Spinach and Cheddar Baked Quinoa

25 Carolyn April 17, 2012 at 10:53 am

That is funny!

I never would have dreamed that I like broccoli. Like probably isn’t very accurate… I love broccoli! :)
Carolyn recently posted..Sautéed Eggplant & Cherry Tomatoes

26 Caitlin April 17, 2012 at 11:04 am

HA that’s too funny!
what a cute pink coffee mug :)
Caitlin recently posted..Fashion Friday

27 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers April 17, 2012 at 11:34 am

OMG! Thats hilarious! I can’t believe Ted in a dress almost like yours. Hey. it’s apretty dress and I thik Green is Ted’s clor. I just love that show!! Monday nights are my favorite nights for TV. I am so into the show Two Broke Girls. The stuff they say just cracks me up and I love there neighbor from Poland. I almost think I like her character the most!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Skin Cancer & Stir Fry

28 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat April 17, 2012 at 11:53 am

I never used to eat pancakes until I found protein pancakes made with Oatmeal and Egg Whites! Now I eat them at least 5 days a week! :)
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..Defining Faith

29 Liz April 17, 2012 at 12:09 pm

I like him. The green seductive dress is real stunning. Thanks for the great post.
Liz recently posted..Hcg diet reviews

30 Erin April 17, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I’ve never noticed clothes but I realized that Carrie Bradshaw and I had very similar comforters!
Erin recently posted..Brighten Up

31 Jasper Naomi {crunchylittlebites} April 17, 2012 at 12:20 pm

evol IS awesome.

also, you have the healthiest, most glowin’-est skin Courtney!
Jasper Naomi {crunchylittlebites} recently posted..I’m gunna get rich

32 michelle kim April 17, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I used to avoid peanut butter, nuts, and eggs because of the fat in them. Now I eat them every single day!
michelle kim recently posted..Sweaty, Side-Stitched 18+ Miles

33 Lauri April 17, 2012 at 12:42 pm

I used to rarely eat eggs – Now I have an egg or egg white sandwich almost everyday!
Lauri recently posted..Iphone picture dump

34 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed April 17, 2012 at 12:52 pm

No, but I’d totally rock every housedress Blanche Devereaux wore to bed.
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Popcorn, Peanut M & Ms and Perky Prozac

35 Tamara April 17, 2012 at 12:52 pm

That dress is so much more beautiful in the red!
Tina, on Glee, once wore a pair of boots that I own (Fluevogs, my achilles heel, as it were). Since then, I always pay attention to her footwear when I watch. She has great taste in shoes!
Tamara recently posted..Rediscover your abs with clean eating and Tuesday Trainer

36 Heather April 17, 2012 at 12:57 pm

REMINDER: free bombers burritos on friday!!!
Heather recently posted..Weight Loss Real Talk

37 Courtney April 17, 2012 at 1:07 pm

SERIOUSLY?!? All day?!?!

38 Katy April 17, 2012 at 1:41 pm

I love HIMYM but I missed it last night!
I never used to like hard boiled eggs, pickles, or avocados. Now I can’t imagine my menu without them! I hope someday I will feel the same about olives and blue cheese. yuck.
Katy recently posted..Cake Pop Problems

39 Courtney April 17, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I’m the same way with olives, girl! GROSS.

40 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 17, 2012 at 4:00 pm

I remember my sister & I being so excited when we’d see one of our clothing items pop up on Full House when we were younger! haha
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Probiotics

41 Calee (@chimes) April 17, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Ha — awesome.

I need to catch up on HIMYM. We kind of quit watching because we are never home at 7 PM on Mondays (is it even still on then?).
Calee (@chimes) recently posted..dear 4th grade self

42 Shannon April 17, 2012 at 6:06 pm

That’s so neat! I think you rocked the look better, and like the pink color dress better than the green. :) I don’t think anyone on TV has owned any of the clothes that I wear but I probably have seen actors wear clothes that I have seen at stores in the mall. I can’t really name any instances- brain’s a bit fuzzy now- but if I think of any, I’ll comment later.

I never used to eat broccoli; I always thought it was super disgusting. After I tried it, YUM. I couldn’t live without the vegetable, steamed please!
Shannon recently posted..Happy Easter!