WIAW: Lamest Dinner Ever

by Courtney on April 18, 2012

Good morning! Happy Wednesday! We all know what today is…

Once again, I didn’t do a very good job on the extra veggies thing yesterday. Hmmph.

I DID, however, do fairly decent with the fruits, so that’s got to count for something, right?

8:30am – Breakfast

Heyyyy, looks a little familiar, right?

Nothin’ like a warm bowl of oats with killer toppings and a delicious mug ‘o joe to kick start your morning.

11:30am – Mid-Morning Snack / Mini Lunch #1

An egg white “poof” (made with my microwave egg cooker) with spinach, peppers, onions, and topped with pineapple salsa.

I ended up doing my workout mid-morning yesterday (in the form of this workout by Julie) and by the time I was finished and showered, I was definitely hungry…but not in the mood for a full lunch. Ya know what I mean?

The egg poof did the trick.

1:00pm – Mini Lunch #2

I really wanted a smoothie, but realized we had no frozen bananas. Smoothies are just not the same without a frozen banana, IMO. So I went for the next best thing.

A yogurt bowl made with plain Chobani, strawberries, blueberries, and some Love Grown Foods granola. This is always a fail-safe combo.

I also enjoyed another piece of Zucchini Banana Chocolate Chip Bread topped with a little smear of PB.

FYI: I’m doing pretty good at tackling this loaf all on my own. I’m about two-thirds through. Winking smile

2:30pm – Mid-Afternoon Coffee Break

Before heading in to work for the day, I had to make a stop at the post office, which just so happened to be down the road from an old favorite coffee shop of mine. I was feelin’ spunky so I ordered a Raspberry Mocha Iced Coffee.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the raspberry syrup turning my coffee pink, but it was still pretty tasty. The coffee stop was The Daily Grind, which is located in downtown Troy, and I honestly love how it’s located in such a historic part of town. So much history and so many old-school buildings.

I actually hadn’t been here in quite some time, mostly due to the fact that I fell in love with another local favorite. But unfortunately, since that place is still recovering from the fire, I had to branch out. I’ll definitely be back.

5:45pm – The Lamest “Dinner” EVER

I had every intention of putting together something for dinner before leaving for work yesterday afternoon. But then, before I realized it, it was already 10 minutes past the time I was planning to leave. Story of my life…

Basically, as I was walking through the kitchen and out the door, I attempted to grab anything that I could. That resulted in a Blueberry Bliss Luna Bar, an orange, and leftovers from the fridge. Curious what they are? Brace yourself, it’s exciting…

BAM.

Yep, that is 3/4 of a piece of leftover chicken from Sunday’s Italian Pizza Bake. Nothing on it except a little salt and pepper, and I actually wound up eating this at work right out of the container…with my hands. Definitely at the top of the list for the lamest dinner ever. Thankfully, it did a fairly decent job of keeping me full for the rest of my shift at work, so at least I had that goin’ for me.

8:30pm – Evening Snack

Once I got home from work, I definitely wanted something else to eat…and then I spotted the kettle corn on the counter.

I snacked on a small handful of that, and then followed it up with another (my third for the day) slice of bread.

I made sure to heat it up for about 15 seconds in the microwave to get the chocolate nice and melty. Mmmm Mmmmm. Smile

I don’t know…anyone else seeing a pattern with my atrocious looking “meals” after 5pm on Tuesdays? I think it’s about time I start doing a little better planning!

Question for the Morning:

What’s the lamest dinner you’ve had lately?

1 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance April 18, 2012 at 9:03 am

I agree – frozen bananas are a smoothie essential! A lame dinner for me is usually just pasta and tomato sauce – boring!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Whole Wheat Homemade Cheez-Its

2 Khushboo Thadani April 18, 2012 at 9:04 am

Haha thank hunk of chicken made me laugh! It actually looks kinda good…or maybe that’s just the hungry person in me talking :)! Love the look of your lunch (both part 1 & 2)!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Love – Hate Relationship

3 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third April 18, 2012 at 9:06 am

On Sunday night I got back from a weekend trip pretty late and was starving, but I didn’t have the energy or brain power to think up something creative…. A frozen waffle vacant my dinner… No toppings. So lame!
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..Las Vegas: Recap #2

4 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries April 18, 2012 at 9:07 am

haha it’s all good, i had a couple mugs of peanut butter puffins the other night for my dinner. it happens. ;)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..WIAW #30: A Lazy Day

5 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction April 18, 2012 at 9:10 am

mmmm Love your yogurt creation!!!!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Right Brain Vs. Left Brain

6 Amy April 18, 2012 at 9:11 am

Totally had oatmeal for dinner the other night…delicious but quite a breakfasty food!

7 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 18, 2012 at 9:11 am

Man, that dinner is pretty lame, Courtney. ;) Haha just teasing. Honestly, the hotel dinners (we’ve been in a hotel for 2 months now, waiting for our house closing … 45 more days to go) are pretty lame most nights. The other night it was cold spaghetti with thin marinara sauce and not-so-tasty meatballs. Whoo-hoo.
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Tim Tebow’s … feet?

8 Faith @ For the Health of It April 18, 2012 at 9:16 am

That is so not the lamest dinner ever – I’ve had days when Im so wiped I just do scrambled eggs. Nothing else, just eggs. Not the most nutritious but when you’re dead tired, you do what works!

9 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 18, 2012 at 9:18 am

I think I beat your lame dinner – I had frozen yogurt.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..“Sometimes” Food

10 Courtney April 18, 2012 at 9:29 am

Frozen yogurt is SO not lame!! ;-)

11 Vee April 18, 2012 at 9:24 am

When I got back to London after Easter, I realised I had almost nothing left in my fridge / freezer. And as it was late, shops were closed and I did not want to get a take out. So my what did I have for my lame dinner? Eggs with garlic served with a slice of defrosted rye bread. :-)
Vee recently posted..Be the Change

12 Whitney April 18, 2012 at 9:28 am

When I’m dead tired and don’t feel like cooking my go to dinner is a bowl of cereal. Quick and easy! The only downfall is that I’m starving in the morning because it never fills me up. It happens :)

13 Sarah Toasty April 18, 2012 at 9:32 am

My lamest recently was last night – raw green beans dipped in prepared horseradish and a slice of beer bread. Teen mom was more important than cooking after bocce lol

Sarah
Sarah Toasty recently posted..Honey Oat Beer Bread

14 Liz April 18, 2012 at 9:35 am

I like the lame dinner you’ve prepare. Thanks for posting.
Liz recently posted..Hcg diet reviews

15 Olivia April 18, 2012 at 9:37 am

I’ve actually had a lot of good little snack dinners consisting of some cut up fruit, cut up cold chicken breast and some yogurt (not mixed together of course, but eaten as components).
Olivia recently posted..Oh So Nice

16 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride April 18, 2012 at 9:59 am

In the last week because of my work schedule I’ve had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner twice! So lame! But it does make nights where I can cook and actually sit down to dinner (not stand over the sink as I eat it) that much more enjoyable!
Caitlin @ This Bride’s Joyride recently posted..I…

17 Julianna @ Julianna Bananna April 18, 2012 at 10:02 am

that egg poof and yogurt bowl look delicious!!
Julianna @ Julianna Bananna recently posted..Cinnamon Banana Bread.

18 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 18, 2012 at 10:03 am

I’ve been trying to put more thought into my dinners lately and it kind of seems to be working…my lunches though are starting to fail miserably…ha!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..She’s a Beauty

19 Danica @ It's Progression April 18, 2012 at 10:07 am

Last Saturday I had a big cereal combo bowl for dinner. That was pretty lame, but delicious nonetheless : )
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..WIAW #21: Drinking Your Water?

20 Yellow Haired Girl April 18, 2012 at 10:08 am

I used Monday’s meals for my WIAW, because of timing for writing the post. Good thing, because last night’s supper was weird! I had two white cheddar rice cakes, then put tuna on top of that, with nutritional yeast and mustard. And then a half hour later, I had toast and peanut butter. Sooo strange. And lame.
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Orange You Glad It’s WIAW?

21 chelcie @ chelcie's food files April 18, 2012 at 10:11 am

I love heating up baked breads in the microwave! especially ones with chocolate chips in it! I totally agree with you on the frozen bananas for smoothies thing btw!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..WIAW-Double the Protein

22 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life April 18, 2012 at 10:18 am

Last week I had fro-yo and a protein share for dinner! Lame! Lol, but it got the job done!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..WIAW: WIAS Edition

23 Steph @ StephSnacks April 18, 2012 at 10:38 am

I have definitely had lame-o dinners before…. can’t think of anything off the top of my head, but probably because it was so darn lame!
Steph @ StephSnacks recently posted..WIAW: Nut Butter Time

24 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 18, 2012 at 10:54 am

Hmmm most recent lame dinner would have to be pb & j!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Popcorner-Crusted Baked Salmon

25 Alysia @ Slim Sanity April 18, 2012 at 11:16 am

never tried frozen banana in a smoothie, but that sounds like a fab idea.
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..30 minute incline treadmill workout

26 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers April 18, 2012 at 11:22 am

Everything looks delish!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Crab Melt

27 Ashlee April 18, 2012 at 11:44 am

Maybe you could do WIAW on Thursday for what you actually ate on Wed since Tues is a weird day for you work-wise?

28 michelle kim April 18, 2012 at 12:05 pm

When I used to have back-to-back classes that went right through dinner time, I used to just eat a big granola bar for dinner. LAME.
michelle kim recently posted..Ever Tried Quinoa?

29 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance April 18, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Haha, I’ve had “eat-chicken-out-of-tupperware” kind of days too. Very caveman-esq, if you ask me ;)
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..WIAW: Random Style

30 Lauren April 18, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Haha, you are definitely a PT eating chicken with your bare hands! I make fun of the trainers at my gym because they are always gnawing on meat in between clients. :)
Lauren recently posted..Nut Butter Contenders

31 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! April 18, 2012 at 12:33 pm

haha i love the piece of chicken, I cant think of any particularly lately but I have had my fair share of super lame in a hurry dinners!!!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..10 Questions About My Personality

32 Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 18, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Haha my dinners are usually pretty lame! But that bread looks so good!
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..WIAW–Memo Fueling Style

33 Kim @ The Family Practice April 18, 2012 at 1:09 pm

At least it wasn’t a frozen dinner!
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Am I Doing This Right?

34 Courtney April 18, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Haha, true!
No, that was the night before with my frozen burrito ;)

35 Lisa April 18, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Haha, love the chicken from a container…classic. Whenever I get home from work, I am starving so just scrounge anything from the kitchen. I’m a bit better at planning that out now.
Lisa recently posted..WIAW #4

36 Brandi April 18, 2012 at 4:49 pm

If I work late, most of my dinners are lame! When I get home and haven’t prepared anything the night before, then I usually end up grabbing something quick. Cereal is the best!!

37 Shannon April 18, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I actually was too lazy one night to make dinner so I just ate Smile fries. I know- pretty lame. But it held me over for the rest of the night!

38 krystal @coffeecardiogoddess April 18, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Blueberry bliss luna bars are sooo yummy. But one for dinner with chicken isnt the best haha. but hey its better then no dinner! And that bread looks sooo good! I need to make some
krystal @coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..My husband and I’s differing eating habits

39 Lea April 18, 2012 at 11:29 pm

My dinner tonight was a clif bar, that was pretty lame. What’s even lamer is that I didn’t have time for anything else. It’s that fun part of the college semester right before finals were EVERYTHING is due at once, so protein bars have been a major form of sustenance lately. Lame.
Lea recently posted..Jennyasana

40 lariane April 19, 2012 at 3:38 am

I am craving with these lame dinner. Thanks for posting these blog.
lariane recently posted..How to Make a Solar Panel

41 peanutbutterlover April 19, 2012 at 9:29 pm

BLUEBERRY BLISS IS OFFICIALLY MY FAVORITE LUNA BAR! :D No real reason for the All-Caps, but those bars are just THAT awesome! They taste like blueberry poptarts…