Cookies With Breakfast

by Courtney on April 23, 2012

Good morning! Happy last-full-week-of-April. Already. Ca-raaaazy!

I hope you all had a fantastic and fun weekend…in case you’re just catching up, here’s what was happening around our neck of the woods:

There were so many fun highlights this weekend, and so much delicious food…I’m having a hard time deciding what my favorite part was. It was ALL great!

Breakfast

I had my brain stuck on this breakfast during my entire morning shift at work…

Considering the weather is so cold and dreary here this morning, there wasn’t much more that sounded better than a hot mug of coffee and a warm bowl of oatmeal.

I kept my oats simple, using a whipped banana oatmeal base, but it was the toppings that kicked this bowl up a notch.

One serving of PB2 and a crumbled banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookie…who says you can’t have cookies with breakfast? Winking smile

Believe it or not, this bowl was actually a bit less sweet than it usually is, but it was still delicious just the same.

I’ve got a few things to tackle later this morning before heading back into work again later this afternoon…hopefully the monsoon will allow me to get out again without any trouble!

Question for the Morning:

What are your favorite “cold and dreary weather day” foods?

1 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries April 23, 2012 at 9:19 am

i always love oatmeal on a cold and dreary morning too. i also love soup and/or a hot sandwich for lunch/dinner. coffee and tea are always calling my name throughout the day when it’s chilly and dreary too!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Night On The Town

2 Faith @ For the Health of It April 23, 2012 at 9:23 am

Broccoli cheese soup for me! (I could actually really go for a bowl of that right now, heavy on the broccoli! What? It’s breakfast time? Pshh. You’re eating cookies, I can have some soup!)

3 chelcie @ chelcie's food files April 23, 2012 at 9:25 am

a nice big bowl of oatmeal is perfect on a cold day..or a nice bowl of soup!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Grilled Pineapple Guacamole

4 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy April 23, 2012 at 9:29 am

I had chocolate chips on my oatmeal this morning. It was just one of those mornings that needed a little chocolate :).
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Monday Morning

5 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride April 23, 2012 at 9:30 am

I love oatmeal on a cold rainy morning too. Or a big stack of pancakes and a mug of hot coffee :)

6 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 23, 2012 at 9:34 am

I usually like lots of warm beverages on cold days … coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc. :) And soup is an obvious go-to! Sorry you have crummy weather. It’s barely getting up to 60 here in Atlanta today, but then it’s supposed to be 80 in 2 days. Go figure!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Slow-Cooker Black Bean Enchiladas

7 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers April 23, 2012 at 9:40 am

Good morning! What a great breakfast!!! I am loving PB2, so glad I tried it! have a great day!!! I’m off to work now! Blah!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..A healthy breakfast on the go

8 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 23, 2012 at 9:43 am

There’s always got to be a cup of coffee!! Though, I’ll take that rain or shine… ;)
Otherwise oatmeal or pancakes are perfect. Today I went for a cinnamon raisin spelt bagel with almond butter and banana and it’s going over quite well.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Music Monday // Tallest Man On Earth

9 Lindsey April 23, 2012 at 9:46 am

Soup and grilled cheese :)
Lindsey recently posted..Earth Day!

10 Khushboo April 23, 2012 at 9:57 am

Coffee and a big bowl of oatmeal in bed is the perfect dreary weather meal! Have a great Monday!
Khushboo recently posted..Finding YOUR “Fit”

11 Yellow Haired Girl April 23, 2012 at 10:06 am

Oatmeal is always my first choice on a gross day! But anything creamy or cheesy will work too … maybe a big bowl of soup? :)
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Relaxing

12 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third April 23, 2012 at 10:06 am

Anything in the crockpot is perfect for a dreary day dinner!

13 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! April 23, 2012 at 10:31 am

pasta! or soup :) yumm!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..A Panting Dog, Walmart, & My New Coffee Maker

14 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie April 23, 2012 at 10:34 am

That oatmeal sounds great and it seems like you had a fun weekend!

15 krystal @coffeecardiogoddess April 23, 2012 at 10:55 am

Oatmeal really is the best breakfast! Especially on a dreary morning. And with the addition of cookies, whats not to love? I really need to get some pb2. Does it taste very similar to actual peanut butter? It seems to good to be true for how little calories and fat there is in it.
krystal @coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..Grocery store haul and new obsession

16 Courtney April 23, 2012 at 10:57 am

It does taste similar, but there is still a slight difference. For example, it’s not my favorite to enjoy on a sandwich (gotta have the real stuff for that) but it’s amazing when drizzled over oatmeal or to dip things in. Definitely worth it!

17 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 23, 2012 at 11:03 am

Definitely something warm in the AM — like your breakfast of oatmeal & coffee. My lunch/dinner cold weather favorite would have to be a nice, warm bowl of homemade mac ‘n’ cheese!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..A New Combination

18 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony April 23, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Warm muffins or bread from the oven…preferably something with raisins, nuts, pumpkin. I guess foods from holidays, seasonal foods from fall and winter make me feel comforted. :)
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..8 Gorgeous Nature Blogs for Earth Day

19 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers April 23, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Oh goodness – now you’re going to have me dreaming about your breakfast too! haha I enjoyed a bowl of warm protein oats with berries and cherries, and it was fantastic.
Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers recently posted..Tough Love: Bikini Edition

20 Shannon April 23, 2012 at 5:25 pm

A nice big bowl of chicken noodle soup is PERFECT for “cold and bad weather” days. :)
Shannon recently posted..Election nerves (part 2)