Good Thing You’re Cute

by Courtney on April 24, 2012

So glad you guys are liking this morning’s Chicken Parm Burger recipe! I’m tellin’ ya… they.are.awesome.

So how’s Tuesday treating you so far? Good? Great? Fantastic?

My day started out with a slightly later wake-up call (about 6:45, oh it was glorious) and a casual breakfast. As much as I don’t enjoy working until 8pm on Tuesdays, I sure to enjoy being able to move a little slower in the morning.

Breakfast today was two toasted Kashi waffles, topped with some honey cinnamon pb2, banana slices, and a drizzle of sugar-free syrup.

I added a little extra honey to my pb today, making it slightly more sweet and super delicious.

All during breakfast, this one below was having a field day; running around the kitchen, pouncing up and down, acting like a wild man. Seriously, you would have thought there was just an overly rambunctious cat a herd of elephants up in here.

And it’s all because of this little thing right here…

As a side note, please take notice of that mess he makes with his food. Yep, that is every.single.day. Just another one of his crazy quirks I suppose. <—FYI: one of my favorite cat posts ever linked right there.

Good thing you’re cute, furry one. Good thing.

*****

Lunch

Ohh lawdy, was I excited for lunch today…we had leftovers, baby!

In an effort to stick with this week’s attempt at less carbs with lunch, I opted to have my leftover chicken parm burger on a bed of fresh spinach, topped with a drizzle of Italian dressing.

I just topped the burger with more sauce, reheated it in the microwave, topped it with a little mozz, and quickly threw it under the broiler to melt. Surprisingly enough, it was just as tasty this way as it was last night. Jay, if the extra leftover burger is missing when you get home later, I swear it wasn’t me. It was Cody.

On the side, I had a my own personal veggie platter.

I thought about adding it to the rest, but figured it’d ruin it. They were better off on their own anyway.

I’m off to work shortly for my evening shift, where I’ll also probably end up doing my workout for today. I got so caught up in other things this morning, that I totally ran out of time, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I get some time to at least squeeze a strength session in. We’ll see how it goes!

Question for the Afternoon:

I don’t know what it is, but I’m feeling rather positive and perky today! What about you?

Today is fantastic because _______________?

1 Khushboo April 24, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I’m with you on the perkiness today! Today is fantastic because i am
one day closer to visiting my BFF in Singapore (I leave Thurs evening)! Long live the optimism, eh :)
Khushboo recently posted..Finding YOUR “Fit”

2 Linda April 24, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Today is fantastic because I got good news yesterday and the moment I woke up I had a chance again at life.

Kids are healthy, husband is healthy and I have pushed through challenges stronger than I had in a long time.

Also, because I have amazing people around me.

3 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! April 24, 2012 at 2:19 pm

today is fantastic because I feel pretty stress free today. Which is rare for me, I usually have lots to do or am worried about something (bills, a daunting task, etc) but its just kind of mellow and I like it!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

4 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third April 24, 2012 at 2:20 pm

The sun is out which means outdoor lunch for my kiddos (which means quiet time for me!!!!! Horray!!!)

5 Kim @ The Family Practice April 24, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Today is fabulous because I’ve got a date with my son after work! Its 85 degrees but he’s requested a hot cocoa date – we’ll see if it morphs into an ice cream date instead :)
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Tabata One

6 Janae Wise April 24, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Today is fantastic because it’s SPRING! The lilacs are in bloom, I have flowers to plant. This is hands down, my fave time of year.
Janae Wise recently posted..A Sneak Peek at My New Look

7 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance April 24, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Pets find the most simple things entertaining sometimes! Today is fantastic because it’s my five year anniversary with my boyfriend!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Five Year Anniversary and Banana Bread Overnight Oats

8 Brandi April 24, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Today is fantastic because it is amazing outside! And we get to walk around and breath! :)
Have a great day!

9 Yellow Haired Girl April 24, 2012 at 2:44 pm

Today is fantastic because the weather is beautiful (albeit a little windy). Love seeing the sunshine!

Today is also fantastic because it’s Tuesday … and that means a new episode of Glee is on tonight ;) haha
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Your Future Self

10 Olivia April 24, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Why no carbs at lunch?

11 Courtney April 24, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Lately its all I’ve been craving at lunch so I’m working on just cutting back on them a bit so I can focus more on my veggies. :)

12 Lisa April 24, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Today is fantastic because I have the day off work :) I’m glad you are feeling super positive today, such a great feeling
Lisa recently posted..Fun Outings and Healthy Behaviours

13 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat April 24, 2012 at 3:08 pm

For 1, its already 1pm while I’m writing this which is awesome! 2- I’m eating yummy leftover turkey chili from last night 3. I’m lifting shoulders tonight 4. Biggest Loser is on tonight!
Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat recently posted..My First Steak

14 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony April 24, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Today is fantastic, because I just found out I will be teaching third grade next year instead of first (totally new grade for me), it is almost May, and we are almost halfway through the work week. :)
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..Let Them Have Pie

15 Sarah April 24, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Today is fantastic because we just found out that my cousins are coming over for a few weeks (haven’t seen them in a year)- and we get to give ‘em a tour of the east coast… can’t wait to get back to my good ‘ol home state of New York.
Any one else singing Sinatra’s “New York” with me? :)

16 clare @ fittingitallin April 24, 2012 at 3:36 pm

I love veggie plates to munch on with lunch!
Today is awesome because I got to eat lunch outside at a park, enjoying the beautifully sunny weather!
clare @ fittingitallin recently posted..Outfit 4.24.12 {No Thinking Required}

17 Faith @ For the Health of It April 24, 2012 at 3:38 pm

It’s awesome because…I have the opportunity to go for a five mile run?

^lame, transparent attempt at getting myself excited at the idea…

18 Danica @ It's Progression April 24, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Today is fantastic because…my class threw me a surprise going away party. Friday is my last day of student teaching and they all made cards for me and then took turns giving me compliments and/or sharing a good memory of me as their teacher, plus they decorated the room. It brought me to tears, it was all so so sweet!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..The Benefits of Eating…Bananas!

19 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 24, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Today is fantastic because … we have a church leadership meeting tonight, which may not sound fun, but it means getting to see friends and meet new friends. ;)

Enjoy your evening!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Slow-Cooker Black Bean Enchiladas

20 Alysia @ Slim Sanity April 24, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I love chicken parmesan, those look great!

Today is fantastic today because I am working from home :)
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..don’t skip breakfast!

21 Liz @ Southern Charm April 24, 2012 at 4:13 pm

I’m pretty perky today too :)

And that burger? Yum! I want :)
Liz @ Southern Charm recently posted..So Hard

22 Emily April 24, 2012 at 5:08 pm

This might be a longshot, but if you like cats speaking FRENCH, you should check out this little gem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIePsbJSS04&feature=relmfu
Emily recently posted..Brain Food

23 krystal @coffeecardiogoddess April 24, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Your cat is too cute! I just did a post about my animals today bevause my blog is new and I wanted to introduce my three little loves. Pets are little characters huh?
krystal @coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..Banana Nut Chocolate Awesome Bread! Seriously!

24 Lindsay@FuelMyFamily April 24, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I wish I had your perky attitude today! I am exhausted and counting down the minutes until I can crawl into my bed!
Lindsay@FuelMyFamily recently posted..Loaded Baked Potato Vegetable Soup

25 Kattreena April 24, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Today is fantastic because I found out my boyfriend has a job interview tomorrow for a better position than he has now! And because I had the BEST veggie burger at lunch today :)

26 Heather @ For the Love of Kale April 24, 2012 at 8:04 pm

FYI: I want you breakfast plate. ADORABLE!

Today is fantastic because I’m going to be meeting YOU in TWO WEEKS at Reebok Headquarters! HOLLLAHHH. ;-)
Heather @ For the Love of Kale recently posted..What I’m Learning From Exercise

27 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey April 24, 2012 at 9:23 pm

Today is fantastic because it’s almost time for bed!! I swear I’m not lame, just tired! ;)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..acupuncture update and ova ova giveaway

28 Alysha @shesontherun April 24, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Because my boyfriend made me dinner when I had to work late. He made fish over a bed of spinach and it was delish (and yes, it still counts as a fantastic thing even though I told him to cook dinner :)
Alysha @shesontherun recently posted..Facebook: Better Late Than Never!

29 Kaelin April 24, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I am sooo excited to try your burgers!!!! I printed the recipe and am ready to go! Also, love your idea of putting it on spinach and skipping the bun! Yummy!!!!! Thanks Courtney.

30 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 24, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Today is fantastic because I got in a great workout and feel awesome! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Fear No More

31 Kazsandra April 25, 2012 at 1:36 am

This makes me really so hungry now and I think this looks perfect for weekend with the whole family.. Thanks for the idea of experimenting..
Kazsandra recently posted..Gout Remedies

32 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope April 25, 2012 at 8:09 am

I really want to try making that burger. It just looks so delicious :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Honeymoon Dresses & Rose Petals…

33 brittany April 25, 2012 at 10:32 am

my cat throws her food around all the time. her little place area has more food on it then in the bowl.
that chicken parm burger looks good. i want to try it !

34 Shannon April 25, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Yesterday was actually a REALLY BAD DAY, so bad that I didn’t want to go to school today. I had a MUCH BETTER DAY TODAY though! :)

Today is fantastic because Revenge is on tonight, and I’m watching Betty White’s Off their Rockers instead of a repeat of The Middle.
Shannon recently posted..Election nerves (part 2)