May Showers?

Ummm, wait a second. I thought April showers were supposed to bring May flowers?

Not May showers?

Yep, we’re kicking off the beginning of May around here with some rainy, gloomy skies, but I actually don’t really mind it. As much as I love waking up to a bright, sun-filled sky, I really do love me a dark rainy one every once in a while. It just seems to make being in the house that much more cozy, you know?

Now when I have to go out in it later? That’ll be a different story…I only love it when I don’t have to be in it. Winking smile

Breakfast

Today was a veggie scramble kinda day.

I sautéed up some fresh broccoli, tomato, onion, and spinach and mixed it all together with some egg whites and a little feta cheese. Oh…and ketchup too, of course.

On the side, I added a piece of (slightly too dark) whole wheat toast spread with some pb + pb: peanut butter and pumpkin butter.

It was delish.

Once this breakfast settles, it’s time to get in a workout for today – cardio is on the agenda since yesterday was a great, full body strength workout …which will also hopefully be heading your way soon.

Happy May, everyone – we’re already a third of the way through 2012. Is that not crazy or what?!?

(**Edited to mention the fact that I can’t calculate time very well – we’re actually a THIRD of the way through 2012!)

Question for the Morning:

What great things have you accomplished or experienced so far in the first third of 2012?

For me…I think my top three that come to mind would have to be: My new job in a new career, celebrating my 28th birthday, and traveling to Mexico with some of my best friends.

Comments

The showers are hitting hard here too, they just won’t let up! Taking up running though I seem to be plagued with sore muscles the past couple of weeks which is leaving me a little depressed! Going to try the elliptical tonight….wish me luck!
    Michelle@PeachyPalate recently posted..Jump rope

I agree with you on the rain…good inside, bad outside! That picture of the rain is awesome though. My top experiences this year are training for my first half marathon and getting engaged. I guess that was somewhat of a highlight ;)
    Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Tangent Tuesday

So much to say in response to this. First, have you tried the Just Ketchup from Heinz? We got it from Fresh Market and I was afraid Fussy Bob wouldn’t like it but he loves it. I also discovered a balsamic vinegar ketchup from Heinz I am planning on picking up.

ANYWAY – what have I accomplished? Well, thanks to the folks at your gym, I am off depression meds and I had my last therapy session last night.

Today I am starting a 30 day Challenge and have signed up for two other challenges.

YOU are a true inspiration and one of the smartest, kindest and genuinely giving people I have had the pleasure to meet this first quarter of the new year as well.

Thank you for everything!

• Courtney says

I have not tried those ketchup varieties, but the balsamic vinegar one has me TOTALLY intrigued!

As for your accomplishments, I am SO SO SO proud of you!! And thank you so much for the kind words. I’m SO glad to have met you this year!! :)

I feel like I have woken up to gloomy skies for days and days now.. Hopefully the sun will be here soon :) Everytime I see your egg scramble I want one!
    Becca recently posted..Setting Goals

We woke up to the same weather, and I agree with you, I kinda like rain days… I also would way rather rainy days now than in the summer!
    I would have to say my greatest accomplishment would be getting through a national sporting event I was a (volunteer) Director for. It was a crazy 2 weeks in February but I did it! And my best experience was our trip to Arizona to relax for a week in the sun – must needed after the event.
    Lindsey recently posted..April Showers…

I seriously I think it’s raining everywhere!
    I haven’t accomplished much this year so far :-/ hmm maybe this post is going to make me get on that!!! Maybe a list is in order :) I love me some list making!
    Hopefully the sun comes out everywhere today!
    Jenna recently posted..Headache Blues….

I love a good rainy day every once in a while! (More so when I get to sleep in and watch movies and drink coffee all day.)

My top experiences so far in 2012 are getting promoted, picking my ceremony/reception venue for my wedding and completeing my April duathlon!

8. Nicole says

Too funny – I just made myself toast for breakfast, and no kidding – topped it with peanut butter and some maple pumpkin butter that I picked up on a recent trip to VT! It was my first time putting the two spreads together, and it was awesome!

It has definitely been a dreery day in upstate NY… I wish I could have stayed in bed all morning.
    I made your banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookeis last night and they were delicious. I made half teh batch with chocolate chip and half with walnuts. The half with walnuts are my favorite! They taste just like banana nut bread :) thanks for the recipe
    Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Feeling Down

I stepped out of my shell and ran for Class President for my class. My blog will be updated with a new post tomorrow afternoon with details if I won…or not.

I may be given the opportunity to intern at WTEN this summer. It depends if all spots are taken by college students. Not trying to be as mean as it sounds, I really hope not so that I can get a space! :)

I was confirmed yesterday.
    Shannon recently posted..Election nerves (part 2)

Trackbacks