May Showers?

by Courtney on May 1, 2012

Ummm, wait a second. I thought April showers were supposed to bring May flowers?

Not May showers?

Yep, we’re kicking off the beginning of May around here with some rainy, gloomy skies, but I actually don’t really mind it. As much as I love waking up to a bright, sun-filled sky, I really do love me a dark rainy one every once in a while. It just seems to make being in the house that much more cozy, you know?

Now when I have to go out in it later? That’ll be a different story…I only love it when I don’t have to be in it. Winking smile

Breakfast

Today was a veggie scramble kinda day.

I sautéed up some fresh broccoli, tomato, onion, and spinach and mixed it all together with some egg whites and a little feta cheese. Oh…and ketchup too, of course.

On the side, I added a piece of (slightly too dark) whole wheat toast spread with some pb + pb: peanut butter and pumpkin butter.

It was delish.

Once this breakfast settles, it’s time to get in a workout for today – cardio is on the agenda since yesterday was a great, full body strength workout …which will also hopefully be heading your way soon.

Happy May, everyone – we’re already a third of the way through 2012. Is that not crazy or what?!?

(**Edited to mention the fact that I can’t calculate time very well – we’re actually a THIRD of the way through 2012!)

Question for the Morning:

What great things have you accomplished or experienced so far in the first third of 2012?

For me…I think my top three that come to mind would have to be: My new job in a new career, celebrating my 28th birthday, and traveling to Mexico with some of my best friends.

1 Michelle@PeachyPalate May 1, 2012 at 9:19 am

The showers are hitting hard here too, they just won’t let up! Taking up running though I seem to be plagued with sore muscles the past couple of weeks which is leaving me a little depressed! Going to try the elliptical tonight….wish me luck!
Michelle@PeachyPalate recently posted..Jump rope

2 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie May 1, 2012 at 9:22 am

I agree with you on the rain…good inside, bad outside! That picture of the rain is awesome though. My top experiences this year are training for my first half marathon and getting engaged. I guess that was somewhat of a highlight ;)
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Tangent Tuesday

3 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third May 1, 2012 at 9:24 am

The showers were great for sleeping in a bit this morning (if you could call 6:30 sleeping in) but not so great for the commute to work. I need some sunshine!!! :)
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..A Saturday Wedding & Foodie Pen Pals

4 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 1, 2012 at 9:24 am

The rain is awful today! I could barely see how to drive into work this morning because it was pouring so bad. I hope the rain stops soon!
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..A New Drink Discovery!…

5 krystal@coffeecardiogoddess May 1, 2012 at 9:24 am

I’m the same way about rain. Love it as long as I have no where to be, haha. So I ordered pb2, but now you have me intrigued by pumpkin butter
krystal@coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..New Recipe! Icecream a la Krystal(No icecream maker required)

6 Linda May 1, 2012 at 9:29 am

So much to say in response to this. First, have you tried the Just Ketchup from Heinz? We got it from Fresh Market and I was afraid Fussy Bob wouldn’t like it but he loves it. I also discovered a balsamic vinegar ketchup from Heinz I am planning on picking up.

ANYWAY – what have I accomplished? Well, thanks to the folks at your gym, I am off depression meds and I had my last therapy session last night.

Today I am starting a 30 day Challenge and have signed up for two other challenges.

YOU are a true inspiration and one of the smartest, kindest and genuinely giving people I have had the pleasure to meet this first quarter of the new year as well.

Thank you for everything!

7 Courtney May 1, 2012 at 9:46 am

I have not tried those ketchup varieties, but the balsamic vinegar one has me TOTALLY intrigued!

As for your accomplishments, I am SO SO SO proud of you!! And thank you so much for the kind words. I’m SO glad to have met you this year!! :)

8 Linda May 1, 2012 at 10:24 am

That ketchup is supposed to be at Walmart – I will be finding out soon!

9 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance May 1, 2012 at 9:30 am

I agree! Rain can be cozy, especially if you can sleep in a bit! When I have to go to the grocery store later I’ll probably be taking that statement back :)
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Anniversary Weekend in Kennebunkport

10 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 1, 2012 at 9:30 am

Moving in to our first home with my husband! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Weekend By iPhone

11 Emma May 1, 2012 at 9:33 am

aren’t we a third of the way through 2012 not a quarter? :)

12 Courtney May 1, 2012 at 9:45 am

HAHAHA, oh crap, you are so right! The rain must be getting to my head this morning ;)

13 Becca May 1, 2012 at 9:33 am

I feel like I have woken up to gloomy skies for days and days now.. Hopefully the sun will be here soon :) Everytime I see your egg scramble I want one!
Becca recently posted..Setting Goals

14 Cat @ Breakfast to Bed May 1, 2012 at 9:34 am

I really hope the rain washes away the pollen. REALLY hope. The city is practically yellow with it.
Cat @ Breakfast to Bed recently posted..Chinese Curse Words

15 Lindsey May 1, 2012 at 9:44 am

We woke up to the same weather, and I agree with you, I kinda like rain days… I also would way rather rainy days now than in the summer!
I would have to say my greatest accomplishment would be getting through a national sporting event I was a (volunteer) Director for. It was a crazy 2 weeks in February but I did it! And my best experience was our trip to Arizona to relax for a week in the sun – must needed after the event.
Lindsey recently posted..April Showers…

16 Yellow Haired Girl May 1, 2012 at 9:45 am

I love the rain! My friends think I’m cray cray.
Yellow Haired Girl recently posted..Short, Sweet & Sick

17 chelcie @ chelcie's food files May 1, 2012 at 10:01 am

i love rainy mornings for sleeping in but not when I have to get up and be productive..its a good this I can just relax this morning!
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..Fun Food Survey

18 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles May 1, 2012 at 10:04 am

Oh, May flowers will be even more beautiful after a fresh rain! :)
Seeing all that you’ve done in first quarter of the year makes me feel like a slacker- maybe I should take a vacation to spice some things up!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Everyone else is prepared- I’m not…Weeks 21 & 22

19 Jenna May 1, 2012 at 10:13 am

I seriously I think it’s raining everywhere!
I haven’t accomplished much this year so far :-/ hmm maybe this post is going to make me get on that!!! Maybe a list is in order :) I love me some list making!
Hopefully the sun comes out everywhere today!
Jenna recently posted..Headache Blues….

20 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride May 1, 2012 at 10:15 am

I love a good rainy day every once in a while! (More so when I get to sleep in and watch movies and drink coffee all day.)

My top experiences so far in 2012 are getting promoted, picking my ceremony/reception venue for my wedding and completeing my April duathlon!

21 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers May 1, 2012 at 10:32 am

Rain is good! Here in California were suppose to get rain on Thursday, which is crazy! Thinsg I accomplished the first part of this year: Changed my blog design, switched to self-hosting, exercise almost everyday, got a raise at work, started my vegetable garden and I don’t know what else?
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad

22 Alysha @Shesontherun May 1, 2012 at 10:50 am

I started a new job in advertising that I love. Also, my crazy cute nephew was born (not my accomplishment, but great all the same!)
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Double Date Night

23 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 1, 2012 at 11:06 am

It was raining so hard as I was getting ready for work this morning. I so desperately wanted to crawl back into bed!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..New Favorites

24 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 1, 2012 at 11:10 am

it’s rainy and gloomy here today too!! not so much a fan of it, but it’s supposed to get better as the week goes on. :)
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Tabata Cardio Workout

25 Nicole May 1, 2012 at 11:48 am

Too funny – I just made myself toast for breakfast, and no kidding – topped it with peanut butter and some maple pumpkin butter that I picked up on a recent trip to VT! It was my first time putting the two spreads together, and it was awesome!

26 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony May 1, 2012 at 12:37 pm

1. Overcoming some medical struggles and becoming happier and healthier
2. My boyfriend beginning a new career which means we can now plan engagement
3. Studying for NASM :)
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..Ten Minute Meal

27 Maura May 1, 2012 at 1:16 pm

I love cozy rainy days too…and I appreciate them so much more ever since we moved to Vegas, where it rarely ever rains! Hope you have a great day :)
Maura recently posted..Weekend Fun and Bachi Burger

28 Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction May 1, 2012 at 1:42 pm

It has definitely been a dreery day in upstate NY… I wish I could have stayed in bed all morning.
I made your banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookeis last night and they were delicious. I made half teh batch with chocolate chip and half with walnuts. The half with walnuts are my favorite! They taste just like banana nut bread :) thanks for the recipe
Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Feeling Down

29 Shannon May 1, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I stepped out of my shell and ran for Class President for my class. My blog will be updated with a new post tomorrow afternoon with details if I won…or not.

I may be given the opportunity to intern at WTEN this summer. It depends if all spots are taken by college students. Not trying to be as mean as it sounds, I really hope not so that I can get a space! :)

I was confirmed yesterday.
Shannon recently posted..Election nerves (part 2)

30 Angela May 1, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I live in Jersey and it was absolutely pouring here this morning too!!! Absolutely insane how hard it was raining!
Angela recently posted..May Cats and Dogs