One Killer Salad

by Courtney on May 2, 2012

Whew! Talk about a busy day.

I’ve been on the go since 6:00am this morning and actually didn’t even pick up my camera until about 6:00pm this evening. Between work, running some errands (including a beautiful Shellac manicure from Kelsey), and getting ready for Friday, it’s been non-stop over here.

Before I knew it, it was time for dinner and that’s when I realized I was staaaarving. I hadn’t touched a vegetable all day long, so I was more than ready for my fix. I cut up a big batch, sprinkled them with some garlic EVOO, salt, and pepper, and roasted them in a 425 degree oven for 25 minutes.

Yesterday, I also finally managed to get that batch of crockpot chicken cooked up, which we shredded and now have hanging out in the fridge. I used a hefty portion of that tonight, along with a bunch of my roasted veggies, and made a big ‘ol salad out of it all.

The shredded chicken and roasted veggies also got the addition of some feta cheese and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

This was definitely one killer salad, both in the flavor department AND the size department. Woah, baby.

While I ate my dinner, Code-man also got to eat his dinner…

…in his brand new food dishes! Cute right?

I found these yesterday after a quick stop into Home Goods and was psyched because I’ve been trying to find him a new set for quite a while. Now, we’re hoping this will prevent him from shoving them into the middle of the kitchen and keeping the food IN the dish, rather than all over the floor.

Probably wishful thinking, but it’s worth a shot. Winking smile

Time to get back to some packing…anyone else want to come and do it for me? Puhleeeeeeeease???

1 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life May 2, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Your salad looks yummy! Crockpots made outing dinner together a breeze. I love Cody’s new own. Super cute!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..WeeWoo WIAW

2 Leah @ DeLeahLicious May 2, 2012 at 11:11 pm

I wish I was going to the retreat. It sounds so fun!!!

3 Katy @ Couch to 5Katy May 2, 2012 at 11:27 pm

That salad looks amazing! I want to make some BBQ crockpot shredded chicken with vegetables right now.
Katy @ Couch to 5Katy recently posted..Who is Margaret Watson?

4 Liz @ Blog is the New Black May 3, 2012 at 5:08 am

Packing is brutal. But, that salad looks amazing!
Liz @ Blog is the New Black recently posted..Buffalo Chicken Cups

5 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 3, 2012 at 6:29 am

I love the addition of the roasted veggies on the salad! Yum! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Every fiber in my being hurts.

6 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction May 3, 2012 at 6:57 am

Yummy salad! I hate packing too! I always bring too much or too little! I always said I’d hire a professional packer, if such a thing existed!
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Chicken & Pine Nut Stuffed Peppers

7 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 3, 2012 at 8:02 am

I got a Shellac manicure yesterday too! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 11

8 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 3, 2012 at 8:13 am

That salad looks delicious! I love shredding chicken in the crockpot. It’s so quick and easy! Cody’s bowls are super cute :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Happy Birthday to Melissa!!!!…

9 Lindsay@FuelMyFamily May 3, 2012 at 8:16 am

I will! I love packing!!

10 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third May 3, 2012 at 8:22 am

I need those food dishes! My cat Romo is a complete slob and food ends up covering the floor of our apartment each time he eats. Let me know if they work out!!
And that salad looks amazing!!!

11 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat May 3, 2012 at 8:39 am

Packing for Blend can’t be so bad! :) Love roasted veggies.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Healthy Snacking Habits (Giveaway)

12 Alysia @ Slim Sanity May 3, 2012 at 9:23 am

looks delicious! I haven’t used roasted veggies on a salad before
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..fixing my form

13 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie May 3, 2012 at 9:33 am

That salad looks awesome! And I’m going to miss cody’s food being all over the place, it’s super adorable! probably not for you to clean though :)
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..May Goals

14 Lena @Fit on the Rocks May 3, 2012 at 9:40 am

I can’t believe the retreat is already tomorrow! I still need to pack because I’m heading to Boulder straight after work, but I guess I can’t complain because I’m not flying in :P
Lena @Fit on the Rocks recently posted..Cherry Creek Sneak Recap

15 Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! May 3, 2012 at 9:40 am

love those dishes! cute!
Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! recently posted..Busy Days & A Summery Feeling Dinner

16 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers May 3, 2012 at 10:00 am

Ahhh, I wanted to go to the retreat, but I am traveling so much this summer, that I just didn’t have time or money. The dinenr looks excellant. I’m making roasted veggies tonight! Yum!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Grilled Chicken with Balsamic Dijon Mustard

17 Renee May 3, 2012 at 10:01 am

I wonder if they make bowls like that for my kids? Mine can’t ever keep their food in the dishes while they eat either :)
Renee recently posted..Morning Superstars!

18 krystal@coffeecardiogoddess May 3, 2012 at 10:02 am

I have a big delicious salad very similar to that yesterday. It looks delicious:)
krystal@coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..I’m a little late but….WIAW