People To See

Mornin’ folks!

I’ve got places to go and people to see this morning (see below) so let’s zip through breakfast first, shall we?

Actually, first, I know some of you may have noticed that some of my usual posting times are a bit thrown off (like last night’s). As it turns out, I’m still having some issues with uploading photos with posts, so it’s been a little crazy to get things up. We’re thinking it’s a plugin issue, so we’re working on narrowing it down to which one is the culprit. Hopefully we figure it out soon!

I had a couple of clients this morning so breakfast was broken into two parts. Around 7:00am this morning, before leaving the house, I ate a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter, pumpkin butter, and banana slices…along with my delicious coffee, of course.

I could seriously eat this toast, x10 every day, but anywho…

I hit the road, worked with my clients (who were both rather amusing this morning and totally made the time fly by), and came back rarin’ and ready for breakfast part two.

I made a yogurt bowl with some plain Chobani mixed with pumpkin butter, the rest of my banana from earlier, and some Love Grown Foods granola.

Speaking of Love Grown, I am SO excited for tomorrow, because once I arrive in Colorado, I’m actually going to be getting the chance to visit the Love Grown team and scope out their “Love Pad.” How awesome is that? Word on the street is that they have some new stuff up their sleeves. Winking smile

So this morning, I’m about to head out the door for my very first acupuncture appointment. Yep, I’m goin’ under the needles!

source

I hope I look as happy as that while I’m getting it done…

Acupuncture is something I’ve been thinking about for a while now, for various reasons, but I just never took the time to really look into it more. A couple of weeks ago, there happened to be a Groupon for a specialist near me, so I decided to just go ahead and give it a ago.

Hey, if I’m going to try it, might as well try it for half off first, right?

I’m very interested to see what this experience is all about, and I’ll definitely be sure to share how things go with you guys later on. Now let’s just hope I don’t end up getting some crazy body twitches while I’m all needled up…HA. Smile

**FYI: The winner of The SWING! book giveaway has been posted! Head on over to this post to find out if it was you!!**

Question for the Morning:

Have you ever tried acupuncture? What was your experience like?

If you haven’t tried it out, would you ever?

Comments

I tried accupuncture for the first time a few months ago. I was SUPER scared because of my huge fear of needles! But, oh my goodness girl, you will enjoy it so much! It relaxes you like no other! Now, we I get it done, I literally fall asleep! Have fun and good luck:)
    kaylie recently posted..Don’t Forget Your Child’s Pose

I am becoming more and more a fan of Eastern Medicine. My mechanic swears by it and he has horrible back problems.

I am going to try it.

I went to acupuncture regularly last year as I was planning my wedding and my stress was at an all time high. It definetly helped me, it’s amazing how relaxed and peaceful you feel after a treatment! Can’t wait to hear what you think!

Love acupuncture! I go once a week :) It is an hour of complete relaxation – most people do not believe me when I say it but it is true you feel very relaxed. Enjoy!
    Lindsey recently posted..Split Day

I have never tried it, but I definitely would! I have heard nothing but positive experiences with it, and I am looking forward to hearing about yours!

P.S. Made a healthy, five ingredient, five minute dark chocolate banana pudding last night with a secret ingredient, and with your expertise in sweets, I’d love to have your feedback! Thanks Courtney!
    Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..Dark Chocolate Surprise

wow, acupuncture! Don’t quite think that’s for me because of all the needles but I have some friends that have had good experiences with it. Let us know what you think! :)
    Angela recently posted..Lunch Interruptus

I have never tried acupuncture before. I don’t think I ever would- I’m kind of afraid of needles, and that’s why I’m never getting anything on my body pierced or a permanent tattoo. I can handle shots but those are quick. Having a needle in me for longer than a minute? No thanks! :)

Best of luck. I hope you have a good experience though!
    Shannon recently posted..Election nerves (part 2)

My husband swears by it following a fluid problem on the knee from running. He is the world’s biggest sceptic so the fact he is now on his 4th treatment says something. It appears to be working and he is happy, plus his therapist is really into it so they have a good old chat about it all while he is there too.
    My sister in law went all waffy and spaced out when she had it for her tennis elbow but it worked a treat. Hope it works out for you too.
    Annette @ cookie crumbs and carrot sticks recently posted..Sales baby

I did it at an acupuncture school where my friend works and you get three free sessions. All three were interesting. They hooked up the little needles to a machine that would pulse with a tiny bit of electricity to stimulate the area more.
    michelle kim recently posted..Sugar Crash

10. dee says

I had acupuncture done on my foot/ankle area..it wasn’t too bad, but there were a few needles that really hit a nerve and shot pain up my leg. The acupuncturist told me stories about how he had patients come in once and then never again because they were miraculously “healed.” He also mentioned having one patient who requested to get it done from HEAD TO TOE……..both FRONT AND BACK! I just cannot imagine getting it done on my face! The experience was not as bad as I thought, but I was set under some sort of heat lamp that (at the moment) I swore heated up the needles and melted my skin right off..oh man, it was a LONG 15 minutes. It was definitely a sight to see, though. As much as it hurt to look at, it was hard NOT to stare, haha. I really didn’t believe it would help at all, and for the few days following, I was not convinced….BUT THEN! oh wow, the pain really did go away and I haven’t had the pain return :) Although, that might also be thanks to my new running shoes…HM. haha

Trackbacks