You Know Spring and Summer Has Officially Started…

…once softball season arrives!

Last night we had our first softball game of the season, and although it was a little breezy and chilly, it still felt great to be back on the field again. I hadn’t swung a bat or thrown a softball since August, so I’m feelin’ it a little bit this morning, but it’s cool.

The only mishap I ran into was the fact that my dad grabbed the wrong catcher’s mask; my usual one that I wear, as you see below, fits pretty well…

softball (514x386)

…but the one last night was wayyyy too big for my face. You should have seen it…I was a hot mess. I was so preoccupied trying to keep the thing on that I wasn’t able to do my usual heckling. Winking smile

But I managed to get through with monster mask, got a couple hits, LOVED being around my crazy-awesome team again, and we even won the game. WOOT!

*****

Breakfast

I have my second acupuncture appointment this morning (yep, I decided to try it again!) so I kept breakfast pretty simple.

A barely toasted bagel topped with peanut butter and banana slices which, if you take away the banana slices and add in some raspberry jam, is the same exact thing I had for dinner last night on the way to our softball game.

Talk about variety, eh? Winking smile

Time to hit the road in this rainy mess we got goin’ on over here this morning…catch ya later!

Question for the Morning:

What “officially” marks the beginning of spring or summer for you?

Comments

as a teacher, summer officially begins when school’s out! when the last batch of kids walk out of our doors, all the teachers go up to the front hall, blast music, and have a huge dance party! whoever said summer break was just for kids?!

I think there is a smell of Spring/Summer in the air :) Sounds weird I know lol. When I am able to start my gardening I know it is finally spring :) It is almost time to plant the veggies. I agree with Hope too… when it is nice enough to bring the grill out.

3. Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life says

Summer officially starts for me when I am finish my last final. It’s like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders and I can just relax and do nothing for three months. One more week until summer for me!

My husband just started a softball league at work and he asked me to play last week. I had a BLAST! I haven’t played since high school but I’m thinking I need to join the team!

We usually have a BBQ and start playing beach volleyball..that’s when I know summer is here!

I also know it’s summer when I see lots of fro-yo trips appearing on blog! haha!

Our softball league just started last week and I agree that it’s definitely a sign that summer is about here! Other signs: when I hear the birds chirping outside in the morning, I smell someone’s grilling almost every evening, and, the grad reception invites start coming in the mail : )

For me it was usually moving back home. Now I’m staying in my apartment, though, so I have no idea what will really ring in summer for me! I have a feeling it’s going to be when the temps finally rise over 70. Chicago has been pretty chilly lately!

Summer officially begins when I can step outside in shorts and a tank top … and be comfortable (not chilly!). I try to push the boundaries all the time and end up wearing summer gear far too early and freezing. When I can go out the door and not freeze … summer is here :)

• Courtney says

It’s a Weight Watchers bagel – they’re a bit smaller than a regular bagel, but have more to it than a bagel thin. They’re sooo good!

• Cait says

thanks! I will have to look for those, bc I don’t like to eat too many carbs early in the morning, but bagel thins never completely fill me up!

Spring and Summer are my favourite time of year! But, I also say that when fall comes around at first. When I barbecue for the first time is when it officially marks spring for me!!

Yayyyy on the win! :) Go Courtney’s team!

When the local ice cream stands open, it’s officially spring. When I’m finished with my last final exam, it’s officially summer.

I see that you changed your bio photo. It looks AMAZING and so professional. Who took it?

• Courtney says

Thanks, Shannon!
      Cara Olsen took the photo (I’ll be blogging about that soon!). She’s absolutely amazing at what she does :)