Fun at the Fitness Magazine Meet and Tweet

by Courtney on May 10, 2012

Talk about a busy, fun-filled day!

Yesterday morning, I was up nice and early (once again) for a 6am train ride to New York City.

Besides having to walk a ways in the rain with no umbrella (yeah, that was a blast!), I had no problems with my train ride or making it to my final destination…

fitblognyc (2)

Fitness Magazine’s Meet and Tweet event! Before actually heading to the event I made a quick pit stop to meet up with Julie, Tina, Theodora, and Anne at the hotel to drop off my luggage.

fitblognyc

IMG_1846photo courtesy of Anne

By the time we made it to the event, the place was already hustlin’ and bustlin’ with plenty of fitness-minded peeps.

fitblognyc (3)fitblognyc (4)

After signing in and grabbing our name tags, we headed around to meet up with all of the different tables who were there. One particular brand in attendance was Oakley, who totally blew me away with their different styles of sunglasses.

fitblognyc (5)

I guess I had long assumed that all of their sunglasses look like the pair that my brother always wears, but boy was I wrong. I opted for a pair of their Oakley Overtime Those things were SO cute – and I’m super psyched that I have a pair of my own now.

Also in attendance at yesterday’s event was Mia Hamm, which I thought was cool.

fitblognyc (8)

I, myself, have never really been much into soccer, but Jay is a soccer player so I guess I know a thing or two about the sport. I was planning on getting a signed soccer ball for him, but by the time I got around to it, Mia had already left. Sorry, Jay.

Julie (aka, my blog twin & roomie last night), on the other hand got an autographed ball for Ryan (err, should I say “Bryan?”). Winking smile

fitblognyc (6)

Shortly after arriving at the event, my hunger seriously started to kick in, so I was super psyched to see that there was a little snack station nearby.

fitblognyc (7)

I made myself a piece of bread with almond butter and jelly which helped tide me over a bit until our actual lunch.

After spending a couple more hours walking around, chatting with friends, meeting new friends, and talking with vendors, it was lunch time.

fitblognyc (10)

I was totally diggin’ the healthy variety of foods that they offered.

fitblognyc (9)

I filled my plate with a little bit of everything: house salad, farro salad, fresh fruit, salmon, and some chicken.

fitblognyc (11)

Everything was great, especially the farro salad, but I didn’t totally love the chicken. There was something weird about it…almost like it looked undercooked or something?

After lunch, we had a little more time to browse the sponsor tables and socialize with friends, which c’mon – let’s face it – is always the best part.

Theodora, Sarah, Ashley, Julie, Me, and Tina

IMG_0011photo courtesy of Sarah

In the afternoon, I took some time to check out a panel that Miz, Kelly, Julie, and Tina were on.

fitblognyc (13)

It was a fun Q&A panel and all four of them had some really great responses on how to make your blog into a business. It was actually probably one of the only panels I really sat down and listened to all day, but that’s just because I spent all of my time talking with everyone. Whoops. Just call me a social butterfly. Winking smile

Toward the end of the day, things finished up with some mini cookies (which were AH-mazing) and a pop-up Tabura workout.

fitblognyc (15)

I actually really only participated in the abs portion of the workout at the end, but from watching everyone else, it totally seemed like quite the workout. Rather than using regular music, the instructor directed to live bongo drums, which was awesome just to listen to.

fitblognyc (18)

Finally, before leaving for the day, I made sure to pick up my swag bag. Seriously, how cute is this bag?!?

fitblognyc (16)

Our bags were filled with tons of goodies from Reebok(!), Camelbak, Vichy and more.

fitblognyc (17)

Honestly, I still haven’t even had a chance to go through it all, so there’s probably still a few more goodies hiding out in there.

I had such a good time at the Fitness Magazine Meet & Tweet event, and loved being able to hang with everyone. Thanks so much for having me, Fitness Magazine!

Stay tuned for a recap from last night’s dinner soon. Smile

1 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 10, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Wow! What an incredible event! That swag bag looks amazing! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..For Every 99 Times…

2 Annette@FitnessPerks May 10, 2012 at 1:31 pm

That swag bag IS so cute!! Plus the stuff inside looks/sounds awesome. What a fun event you could attend :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Clif Luna Protein Bar Review + Workout

3 danielle May 10, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Wow looked like a great event! and new shoes! yay! who can turn that down?
danielle recently posted..Big Day!

4 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 10, 2012 at 1:48 pm

How fun! I love that you and Julie are blog buddies. ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..I make chili in 80 degree weather because I can.

5 Candice May 10, 2012 at 1:48 pm

SOOOO fun!! Im uber jealous of your swag bag! Not only is it adorable its full of lots of amazing goodies! What an amazing event!! I would LOVE to go next year! how do I go about that?!
Candice recently posted..Portion Sizes

6 Nescett @ bananaoats May 10, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Oh I want those pink Reebok’s! Jealous!
Nescett @ bananaoats recently posted..The Dailey Method

7 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes May 10, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Looks awesome! So many events happening this time of the year.
StoriesAndSweetPotatoes recently posted..Back Away From The Sweet Potatoes

8 Kierston May 10, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Looks like loads of fun!!!! I so would have loved to listen and learn from that awesome panel of ladies!
Kierston recently posted..Going, Going and Still Going!

9 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 10, 2012 at 2:03 pm

okay, this is bizzare. I JUST went and bought that bag from target to replace my old cosmetic case! …aaand now we’re twins even more. also, I need a text update :)
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..So much LOVE

10 Nicole May 10, 2012 at 2:04 pm

can’t wait to continue the fun in Boston! :)
Nicole recently posted..Fitness Magazine Meet & Tweet Event!

11 Tina @ Best Body Fitness May 10, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Awesome. I see “Tina” and it makes me feel like I should have been there. I wish I was. Glad you all had a (well-deserved) blast.
Tina @ Best Body Fitness recently posted..Spoiled

12 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy May 10, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Ahh… that looks like so much fun! Love those pink shoes!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..WIAW #4: Lack of Veggies, Lots of Fro-Yo

13 Alycia May 10, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Sounds like an awesome event! And that bag and the goodies inside make me cry in jealousy! ;)

14 Alysha @Shesontherun May 10, 2012 at 2:32 pm

How fun! It sounds like you guys had a great time. Btw, love the hot pink shoes in your swag bag :)

15 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 10, 2012 at 2:57 pm

The swag bag looks amazing!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..WIAW – Week 12

16 erica May 10, 2012 at 3:06 pm

holy awesome swag bag!!! look at all the goodies! not to mention i love that print and color of the bag itself!

looks like a great event!
erica recently posted..{the honeymoon}: monaco + monte carlo

17 sherice@foodieluvsfitness May 10, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Nice Swag!! :)

18 Justine@LifeWithCheeseburgers May 10, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I’m a little jealous of everything, but–the mini cookies is what really does it! ;)

Crossing my fingers to be able to go in the future!
Justine@LifeWithCheeseburgers recently posted..WIAW 2: Preparing to Move Edition!

19 Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction May 10, 2012 at 3:24 pm

You girls look like you had such a blast at this event! The bag is sooo adorable! Maybe next year I’ll be able to attend too! I’d really love to meet all you fabulous ladies. Have fun at the Reebok event, you’ll be in my neck of the woods ;-)
Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Nutrients That Improve Your Mood

20 Lisa May 10, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Another fun event it looks like! You are a busy bee this week.

21 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance May 10, 2012 at 3:30 pm

That looks like such a fun day! And I am very jealous of the swag bags :)
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Double Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies

22 melissa May 10, 2012 at 3:34 pm

great meeting you yesterday! Have fun in Boston!
melissa recently posted..Meeting and Tweeting with Fitness Magazine

23 Courtney May 12, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Great meeting you too!! :)

24 Heather @ Better With Veggies May 10, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Cute bag – love it! :)
Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..Cinco de Mayo–Blends & Mexican Crumble Tostada {Recipe}

25 Shannon May 10, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Why do they call the ‘goody’ bags swag bags? Just the word swag should never be said out loud, in my honest opinion.

Looks like so much fun, and some neat stuff/vendors! Where was this held in NYC?

26 Courtney May 12, 2012 at 2:34 pm

I’m not exactly sure…I think it was called the Metropolitan Pavilion?

27 Carol T. May 10, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Looks like you had a great time. I can’t believe that both my favorite people you and Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers were at the same place. You girls are just too cute. Hope your asthma was ok!!

28 Heather (Heather's Dish) May 10, 2012 at 6:33 pm

what a fun event! i LOOOOOOOVE the bag and the shoes :)

29 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com May 10, 2012 at 6:58 pm

totally jealous! that looks like such a fun time! i am obsessed with my camelbak water bottles by the way…the swag bag looks incredible by itself but that as an addition makes it even more of a winner!!
CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com recently posted..Change Those Mental Tapes!

30 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 10, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Looks like a super fun event! :)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..It All Ended Too Quickly

31 Meredith @ DareYouTo May 11, 2012 at 12:07 am

On the road, and you’re STILL beating me to not one but TWO recaps! You’re right about those cookies–I tasted more than my fair share! But it’s okay; I needed the energy for that kick-butt workout :) Glad I was able to meet the sweet girl behind the sweet blog, and hope we can stay in touch!
Meredith @ DareYouTo recently posted..Get Motivated by Music

32 Julie May 11, 2012 at 1:40 am

That’s the MOTHER of swag bags!

33 Kim @ The Family Practice May 11, 2012 at 11:34 am

That giveaway bag is awesome! I want those shoes!
Sounds like y’all are having a blasty :)
Kim @ The Family Practice recently posted..Are We There Yet?