Our First One of the Season

by Courtney on May 13, 2012

What is it about bonfires that are just so relaxing and welcoming?

Jay and I always get so excited once “bonfire season” starts up here in New York. We realized yesterday afternoon that last night would be the perfect night for our first one of the season, so we invited a few friends over to help us burn some of the massive amounts of wood that we have.

Mal, Brian, Mike, & Denise

IMG_4278IMG_4281

We currently have a TON of wood from some trees that we recently cut down from the side of our house…but we also had this pallet that I know Jay has just been itching to burn.

Perhaps because he thought it’d be cool to walk over?

Ohh goodness. I wonder about those boys sometimes.

Of course, you can’t have a bonfire without s’mores, right?

I thoroughly enjoyed a couple of these last night while sitting by the fire and boy were they good. Especially since we didn’t use just ANY plain ‘ol chocolate…

Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about.

I’l tell ya…there’s nothin’ like sitting by the fire with good friends and s’mores. Smile

*****

We didn’t end up getting to bed until almost 1am last night, so I opted to sleep in a bit this morning. I’m still desperately trying to recover from my lack of sleep from traveling this past week, and I still don’t even feel fully recovered. Hopefully an early bedtime will be in the cards this evening…

I already know that today is going to be filled with some delicious food, as Jay and I will be traveling to both of our parents’ houses for Mother’s Day, so I decided to keep breakfast light and refreshing.

A vanilla Chobani paired with fresh strawberries, banana slices, and Kashi Go Lean Crunch.

A yummy way to start the day, indeed!

*****

Before signing off for this morning, I want to make sure to wish all of the moms out there a very wonderful, special, Happy Mother’s Day. Especially this amazing lady

You da bomb, Mom. Happy Mother’s Day! Smile

1 Carissa May 13, 2012 at 11:08 am

I can’t believe they tried to walk over the bonfire! Silly boys! Those s’mores look amazing! Also, I love the Nike sweatshirt…I guess Reebok should’ve sent ya’ll home with more swag! hahah!

Happy Mother’s Day to your Mamma!

2 Linda May 13, 2012 at 11:09 am

Boys are weird…. HAHAHAHA

Happy Mother’s Day to your Mom! She did a great job!

3 Khushboo May 13, 2012 at 11:49 am

I might be late to have noticed but did you change your pic on the top right recently? You look GREAT :)! I feel you on the need to catch up on sleep…I didn’t get into bed till 4 but lo & behold, my sleep cycle had to wake me up at 8.45 this morning1 Have a great day!
Khushboo recently posted..Buddy up!

4 sherice@foodieluvsfitness May 13, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Sounds like a wonderful evening! We have a fire in our firepit almost every weekend! It would be nightly but my sweet hubs works out of town most the time M-Th. I love the idea of using “good” chocolate for Smores. I love me some Ghirardelli!!

5 Danica @ It's Progression May 13, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I love that they tried to run across the bonfire haha what guy wouldn’t look at that and want to try it though really… : )
Hope you have a great day!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..to all the mommas…

6 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers May 13, 2012 at 1:29 pm

What a fun time! I miss that about living in Buffalo. In California we aren’t allowed to have Bon Fires. The smores look delish!

Have a great day!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Ranch Dip

7 Alysia @ Slim Sanity May 13, 2012 at 2:02 pm

love love love bonfires and hoodie sweat shirts :)
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..asparagus pesto sauce

8 Natasha@yogininoms.wordpress.com May 13, 2012 at 2:06 pm

those smores looks so amazing!
Natasha@yogininoms.wordpress.com recently posted..Alone time

9 Lauren May 13, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I am so pumped to break out our fire pit! Oh and s’mores! Love! I also love the idea of using fancy chocolate. Have a great weekend hun!
Lauren recently posted..Haters Gonna Hate

10 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake May 13, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Using those Ghiradelli squares for s’mores is a brilliant idea!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Just Chill Out

11 Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie May 13, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Those s’mores look so good, I love the fancy chocolate additions! Have fun with the moms today!
Laurie @ Love, Laugh, Laurie recently posted..Day 2 Recap – The Race

12 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family May 13, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Those smores sound unreal! And I love your necklace in the picture with your mom!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Cheesy Italian Polenta Bake

13 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 13, 2012 at 4:10 pm

LOVE the idea of using different types of chocolate for your s’mores! Genius!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..The Flat Stanley Project

14 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries May 13, 2012 at 6:00 pm

There is nothing better than a nice hot bonfire with an ice cold beer :) Add some s’mores to the mix and you’ve got the perfect trifecta!
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..Why Siesta When You Can Fiesta!

15 Lisa May 13, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Boys are so silly sometimes ;) Happy mother’s day to your mama! Hope you guys enjoy your day!xo
Lisa recently posted..Mother’s Day

16 Mollie May 14, 2012 at 9:22 am

I love having bonfires! And s’mores are always mandatory! And with that chocolate– YUM!!
Mollie recently posted..Another milestone